HIMITSU

HIMITSU


There were times when she wished that they could just let it out - that she could just let it out. What? That they’re in love -- both of them. That they love each other and have been loving each other for the past 6 months. 


But they couldn’t. Why? One, because it was written on the contract that he signed when he was about 13. Two, it would ruin his image and hers. And three, it would ruin their fame. 


But then, who cares about contracts and fans? And fake images? Shouldn't they matter too? Shouldn’t their love-- 


“You do know that this isn't really the right time to be spacing out, right Natsumi-san?” 


She turned to the open door. There was Ninomiya Kazunari, in all his glory, leaning on the doorframe with that mischievous smile on his face.


“Ah! Ninomiya-san!" She cried out. "You scared me.” 


He shut the door behind him, locking it before advancing towards the young female director. 


“No one’s here, Mi-chan. What's wrong?” he asked, his cold hands reaching out to hold hers. 


She shook her head, smiling at the sight of their fingers intertwined with each other. 


“I’m just nervous, Kazu.” she mumbled. 


He chuckled, pulling her into a hug. “You’ll be just fine. It’s just a conference anyways. Besides," He whispered in her ear. "I’ll be sitting right by you.” 


She lightly pinched his side, making him squirm a little. “Is that your way of comforting me? Because if it is, it's not working at all.” 


“You’ll do great, I tell you.” He tucked a lock of brown hair behind her ear before kissing her lightly on the forehead. 


This. She wanted to show this to the whole world. She wanted the world to know that they belong with each other and nobody else. But how could they? When society would not let them? 


------------- 


“What’s the story about, Natsumi-san?” a reporter asked. Natsumi cleared , keeping a straight face to hide her nervousness. 


“The story basically revolves around the idea of loving someone no matter who they are. It's about a man, Sousuke-- played by Ninomiya-san--" She looked at the person beside her. " Whose wife’s sudden death revealed to him a lot of secrets. It's mostly about his struggle to believe and accept the truth about his deceased wife and how he will move on from there.” 


The conference went on and multiple questions about the upcoming drama were fired after another -- until the talk got a bit more personal. 


“What do you think about having a relationship right now, Ninomiya-san?” 


Nino’s hand instantly found hers from under the table, lacing their fingers together. 


He gave them a shy smile, his other hand slightly scratching his temple, acting as if he was thinking for an answer. 


“I’m really busy right now. So I don’t really think I'd be able to make time for a relationship at all. But if there's someone who wouldn’t mind me not being able to always be with her, I just might take the chance.” 


Natsumi bit back a smile. That was right. He was busy with work. Being one of Japan’s top idols made having a normal life difficult. But still, he always made time for her. Even if it was just hanging around his apartment playing games until morning, or replying to all her messages even if it was late or calling when he can -- no matter what, he always made time for her. It didn’t matter how long of a day it was or how tired he was from filming -- he would always let her know that he's still there for her. 


"And what about you, Natsumi-san?" The reporter looked at her. "Do you have plans on a relationship?" 


She smiled, not knowing what to say. She was a director, not an artist. She never had to answer questions about her love life or about anything personal. 


Just then, Nino lightly squeezed her hand, as if he was telling her that he was just there right beside her-- and that everything's alright. 


“I’m just happy with the way things are right now. There’s no need for a change.” She answered softly, rubbing the back of Nino's hand with her thumb. 


Yes. That’s it. There really is no need for changes between them. 


This is what she wants to keep the most as of now-- their secrecy. This privacy. This ‘forbidden love’ they shared. 


The world need not know about them. 


The whole nation need not have a clue. 


All that's needed is for both of them to know. Because that is all that matters and nothing else. 


Because to each other, they are their whole world.