final

The Best Appa

 

You and Jongin have married for 5 years, and you already have one graceful little girl named Hana. Today is an important day for your daughter because her daddy has promised to her that when he has the day off he will bring her to the amusement park. Unfortunately the day is today, she gets cold.

 

It's all started when you heard a light knock from the door of your bedroom. It still in the early morning though.

"Let me handle it, just go back to your sleep", Jongin kisses your foreahead and give you a convince smile before he open the door.

...........

"Good morning sweet heart seems like you awake too early this morning. Do you need something?" you smile unconsciously because of his caring voice. It always make you melt whenever you hear his voice.

"Appa... I feel dizzy since I wake up this morning", Hana says with a little sob.

"Come here sweet heart, let appa check it." Jongin touches his daughter's head carefully. "Seems like my angel gets cold".

"Oh no! Appa, no way! Not today" she says with sad tone. "I shouldn't get cold today."

" Wae aegi?" Jongin asks a little bit confuse.

"Appa, you promise me to go to the amusement park when you get the day off, and it means today, remember?" Hana cries out to her daddy.

"Aah, I remember that. But sweety, you're sick. You need more rest right now."

"Shirreo!! I don't need more rest if it means that I have to eat medicine and sleep all the time."

"Okay, how about we make a pinky promise, sweety? You must take a rest today, and when you get well, tomorrow we can go to the amusement park. But you still need to eat your medicine." Jongin bent down and pulls out his pinky finger.

"Jinjja?"

“sure.”

“Ok then.” Without any hesitation, your daughter circles her pinky with her daddy’s.

"Good girl. Now, let appa bring you back to your room then I will cook you a delicious soup for you. And then I'll be by your side all day long." Jongin hold her tiny hand and bring her back to her room.

 

When they arrive to Hana's room, Jongin looks at her pouty lips.

"Wae aegi? Why you still pout?" Jongin give her a concern look.

"Appa, you say you'll be by my side all day long. I don't want it."

"Why sweety, don't you like it?"

Hana shakes her head, "No appa. If you here with me all day long to take care of me then who will take care mommy and my baby brother." she says with a little sob.

"Sweet heart, you such an angel like your mom. Don't worry I'll take care of them too." Jongin feels very touch by her words. He smiles proudly to her.

"Thank you appa, you are my guardian."

"I always am." He hugs her and rubs her back.

“You are the best appa ever!”

 

From a far, you're watching them silently and unconsciously tears drop down to your cheek. You rub your swollen tummy and says to your soon-to-born baby boy, "you hear that baby, your noona love you so much. We all love you. In the future I want you to protect your noona."

"And replace daddy to look after your mommy when daddy's not here, hmm?" Jongin cut you off. He rubs your tummy gently and back hugs you.

You're taken aback for a sudden movement but you can adjust yourself and hold his hand on your tummy.

 

……..

 

“Appa, I think you need a shower! You really smell bad! And don’t forget my delicious soup as you promise me.” Hana shouts from her room.

“Ay-ay captain!” He shouts back. “Geez, your little brat!” He mumbles to your ear.

“Yah! That ‘little brat’ is our precious daughter.” You scold him and flinch his forehead. then both of you giggling in unison.