Final.

Rain Hurts!

Raehyun sat on the plush leather couch; book in one hand, hot cocoa in the other. Completely oblivious to her surroundings, the girl didn't hear the apartment doorbell ring and she barely noticed as her fiancé went to answer it....

Shirtless.

That was the part she noticed.

As he opened the door to reveal his friends Eunhyuk, Sungmin and Kangin, Raehyun stood up from the couch - book forgotten - and shouted, "Yah! Lee Donghae! What're you doing answering the door half dressed?"

The man looked startled, "I uh, I me-" Sungmin tapped his shoulder, "Forget it dude, she's still half-wrapped in her book."

Looking back over to his fiancée, Donghae noticed that Raehyun had indeed returned to her book - giving up on her hopeless husband-to-be. He chuckled, shaking his head and invited his friends inside, "I'll only be a moment." He said, as he disappeared down the hall.

Snapping her book shut, Raehyun eyed her fiancé's friends piercingly, "Where are you all going?" She asked, her voice hinting her hidden curiosity as Sungmin showed her the ball he'd brought with him, "Soccer~!" The man sang, twirling the black and white sphere on his finger expertly.

"In the rain?" Raehyun couldn't stop the paranoid worry that coursed through her body. "It's not raining!" Kangin protested, waving a hand towards the window, where the sun shone meekly through thick cloud and short gusty bursts of southerly wind, "Not yet." Raehyun said acidly, folding her arms across her chest tightly, "It will in less than an hour."

A pair of strong arms wrapped around Raehyun's waist and soft lips landed on the exposed flesh of her neck, "Don't worry babe," Donghae said, "I'll be careful." Raehyun only huffed and gripped Donghae's forearms tightly. "If it starts to rain, I'll come straight home, ok?"

Sighing, Raehyun nodded, "Fine. But one drop of rain and you come straight home, got it?" Donghae and the other guys chuckled, "At least eomma knows I'm marrying well~" he teased, pecking her nose and then giving her a soft kiss.

Raehyun muttered something under her breath, which sounded a lot like "you're lucky you're cute" as she watched Donghae shove his teasing friends out the door.

Pinching the bridge of her nose to avoid a worried headache, Raehyun planted herself back onto the couch and continued to read.

.:~*~:.

By the time the clock struck 6 o'clock in the evening, it had rained a great deal. Shifting her attention from the rice cooker to the clock, Raehyun sighed. Typical Donghae, she thought, didn't he say he'd come home if it started raining?

Huffing, Raehyun set the rice cooker but decided to leave it off, knowing Donghae may be late home. Instead, she set her sights on gathering her stir-fry ingredients and setting them on the kitchen bench.

Playing music as she worked, Raehyun didn't fight the urge to sing along with the song;

"Life couldn't get better~"

'Cause you're my destiny~'

Pausing, Raehyun's mind blanked for a moment, before she realised her ringtone had cut through the music. Reaching over, she grabbed her phone and swiped the screen;

"Yoboseyo?"

"Yoboseyo, is this Miss Lee Raehyun?"

"Speaking, how can I help you?"

"Miss Lee, I'm afraid you'll need to come down to the hospital, your fiancé has injured himself and is now undergoing surgery."

"Surgery? What happened to Donghae?"

"He fractured his leg in three places after he slipped in the rain."

"Ugh, that man. I warned him. Alright, thank you for calling. I'll be there as soon as I can. Goodbye."

.:~*~:.

Around 20 minutes later, Raehyun ran into the hospital lobby, glaring at a very prim and snobbish woman, who sniffed at Raehyun's wet hair. It wasn't her fault the heavens split and decided to drench her in the process. If she had known, she would have brought an umbrella.

Striding towards the front desk, Raehyun cleared quietly to gain the attention of the nurse.

"I'm here for my fiancé, Lee Donghae?"

The nurse's eyes lit up with recognition and she tore a piece of paper off the notepad in front of her.

"Room 304. He may still be a bit groggy from the antibiotics, but he'll be fine in a few minutes."

Raehyun smiled and thanked the nurse, heading off to find the said room containing her stubborn fiancé.

.:~*~:.

A few minutes later and about 3 wrong turns, Raehyun found herself in front of Room 304 and jumping in surprise when a voice - clearly belonging to Donghae - called out from inside, "Mum! Stop it!"

Oh god, please tell me he's not hallucinating from the meds.

Pushing open the door slightly, she sighed in relief when an older, female voice answered him, "Donghae, do as you're told! Stop whining like a child. What would your fiancée think if she saw you like this?"

Time to make herself known.

Raehyun pushed open the door wide and leaned against the doorframe casually, "She'd think he was an idiot and should have come home when it started to rain. Like she told him to."

Mrs Lee and Donghae both jumped, turning to stare at Raehyun - wide eyed.

"Hey Mr I-Don't-Listen-To-My-Worried-Fiancée."

Donghae flushed bright red at the teasing tone and crossed his arms, "I wanted to come home, but they convinced me to stay."

Mrs Lee glanced between her son and soon to be daughter-in-law, cleared and stood up.

"I'm going to get something to eat," she said awkwardly, "Do you want anything?"

"No," Raehyun smiled, "Thank you for asking, though.”

Mrs Lee smiled and left the room, shutting the door behind her.

As soon as the door clicked shut, Raehyun leapt forward into Donghae’s waiting arms, “Why didn’t you come home like you said you would?” She whined, feeling close to tears at the scare he’d given her.

Donghae rubbed her back gently and whispered his apologies as she clung to him, slapping his chest weakly and swearing she wasn’t letting him out of the house on a rainy day again.

“Don’t worry,” Donghae said, “I’ll never play in the rain again.”

“And why’s that?”

“Playing in the rain hurts~!”

 



Finally! How long have you guys been waiting for this? ... Don't answer that.

xoxo Raine