Chapter 2

My Beautiful Little Secret

It’s been 3 weeks since you and Haru moved in. You found out that Bigbang had been busy doing promotions in Japan, so you had not run into the guys since you’d moved into the YG Apartments, except for Seung Ri, who was pleasantly surprised and excited to see you. You had run into him in the lobby as he was on his way out, and you had just returned from grocery shopping. He was in a bit of a hurry to catch a flight back to Tokyo, where the rest of Bigbang were, that you really didn’t get a chance to catch up. He did promise, however, that he would take you out to dinner when he returned from Japan.

 

-SEUNG HYUN-

 

Wait. [Your name]-noona’s back in Seoul?!” Jiyong exclaimed in excitement.

Seung Hyun couldn’t believe what he was hearing. She’s back. After 6 years of being virtually M.I.A., she was back in Seoul, and their lives.

Neh. I couldn’t believe it! I was in so much shock that I practically squeezed the life out of her when I hugged her!” Seung Ri enthusiastically recalled their re-acquaintance.

They noticed that Seung Hyun was silent the entire time while the other four were excitedly chatting about the return of their former manager-noona.

They all knew how Seung Hyun felt about her. He fell hopelessly in love. His every waking moment was consumed by her. She was all he talked about. They noticed that he spent more and more time with her, taking every opportunity (or creating it) just so he could be near her, with her. She was pretty. For a noona, she looked like someone their age, and she got along very well with all of them. It was not hard to fall for her. They all had a crush on her – she was a strong woman, assertive and smart.  She was y, yet she didn’t know it. And most of all, she was kind. She took care of them like true dongsaengs.

That’s why Seung Hyun fell for her.  He thought she felt the same way too. She was hesitant at first, not responding to his advances. She didn’t encourage it either. However, Seung Hyun was persistent. He was so sweet and charming, she was defenseless. But, when she hurriedly left Seoul – left him -  without so much as a ‘goodbye’, he questioned her true feelings.

TOP hyung.” Seung Ri’s voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

What?

Are you OK, hyung? You haven’t said anything since I got here.” curiously inquired the maknae, watching his hyung’s reaction.

Neh. I’m OK. Why wouldn’t I be?” Seung Hyun nervously tried to avoid the inevitable.

I just told you that noona’s back and you haven’t said a word about it. I would think, of all people, you would be the most excited about her being back.” said Seung Ri. That earned him a slap on the back of the head from Young Bae, who was fully aware of how uncomfortable this must be for TOP.

Yah, hyung! Why’d you do that?!” barked Seung Ri, still not wising up to what’s going on.

TOP, realizing Bae’s concern, calmly said, “I’m really OK, guys. No need to worry about me. It’s just a bit…surprising, is all. It doesn’t feel real yet.” and gave them a weak smile in an attempt to reassure them.

Are you gonna try to see her, hyung?” Ji Yong cautiously asked. He knew, more than anyone else, how her leaving almost had been Seung Hyun’s undoing. The word ‘devastated’ was an understatement. Seung Hyun was a complete and utter wreck. Even Yang sajangnim thought he wouldn’t be able to continue to be in Bigbang.

Ji Yong searched Seung Hyun’s face for some sort of emotion. He really wasn’t sure what he wanted to see. He just wanted to make sure that Seung Hyun was really OK, just as he said he was. Deep down, however, Ji Yong wasn’t convinced.

Where are you going, hyung?” Dae Sung called out to TOP. TOP slightly turned around to face their direction, lips formed into a thin line. Next thing they knew, he was already out the door.

He was going to see her.