how to save a life.

How To Save A Life

It was a normal day for E-Young. She woke up, had breakfast, showered then got dressed and started her work. For her room mate, things weren't going too well. Kaeun had an illness. She'd been to the hospital a lot and was on a lot of pills. She hid all this from her members and her manager. Yesterday she found out that she was going to die very soon. She knew she'd have to tell E-Young soon, but she was scared of what her reaction would be. Kaeun heard E-Young playing her guitar so she decided to get out of bed.

"Good morning Kaeun." Said E-Young, smiling.

"Good morning unnie.." Said Kaeun, managing a small smile.

Kaeun went into the bathroom and took her pills, then she made breakfast and went back to their room where E-Young was writing some chords down.

"Did you sleep well?" E-Young asked.

Kaeun nodded, climbing up the ladder back to her bed.

This was pretty much how every morning went for the two, but soon things were to change...

 

Two weeks later...

Kaeun felt weak and dizzy. She didn't want to eat anymore and could barely walk. E-Young was starting to notice something was wrong.

"Kaeun.. Are you sick?" E-Young asked one night as Kaeun entered.

Kaeun sighed. She knew she'd have to tell her now.

"..Yes.. I've been sick for a while unnie.. Actually, I was too scared to tell you but I guess I should now.." Kaeun sat down on E-Young's bed. "I'm dying unnie.. I didn't want to make you sad."

E-Young did her best to hold her tears in. "How long has it been like this Kaeun..?"

"A few months.. But these past two weeks have been the worst.." Kaeun said. "I'm sorry unnie, I just wanted the best for you.. I know you're sad, please don't hold in your emotions.."

She pulled E-Young closer and hugged her. E-Young started to cry and Kaeun just sat there, holding her close, comforting her. They spent a while like this. Kaeun slowly lay E-Young down and lay next to her and closed her eyes. She could feel her own body giving up on life..

 

E-Young woke up in the morning. She felt someone next to her. It wasn't warm. It was cold. It was Kaeun.

"Kaeun.. Wake up." She looked over at her friend. No response. "Kaeun.. P-Please.." But it was no use. Kaeun was not going to wake up ever.

E-Young was overcome with sadness. She had lost someone very dear to her, her room mate, her best friend.. Her soulmate.. She saw a note in Kaeun's hand and read it.

"Teach me unnie.. Teach me how to save a life."