Day Trip to Town - Dance of the Lights at Moonshine

I Will Stay With You Forever

Chapter 2 – Day Trip to Town - Dance of the Lights at Moonshine

 

 

 

 

One week passed since Taemin started living with the Choi household and you could say without any doubt that it was probably the best and happiest week in his whole life.

Of course he was very reserved at first, taking his time to get used to everything, but after a few days he finally settled in.

 

Today everyone got up early and now they were sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast. Taemin could not wait for the following hours, because they had planned a day trip to the nearby town and for the little raven-head it was of course something special. He never really saw anything else besides his old orphanage or Minhos and Minseoks house. Taemin listened carefully while the two brothers told him everything about the relatively big but also near-natural place that they were going to visit. His anticipation grew with every single word and he could not help but to almost jump from his seat because of it. The Choi house was not build exactly in the city, they lived out of town, but it was only a 10 minutes walk distance away.

When the 3 boys finished breakfast, they got dressed and left the house.

It was indeed a beautiful day.

The sun was shining and it was neither to cold nor to warm to go outside. The winter wasn't present anymore and the spring began to took his place. Almost all the snow already melted and if not it would probably today. You could also see the first early bloomer and some lonely snowdrops swung their white heads with the breeze.

 

A few minutes after the beginning of their little journey they could already see the town entrance and Taemin who was holding Minhos hand the whole way got big eyes when he saw the rather big city sign. He excitedly drew at the sleeves of the two older boys, eying them with bright eyes and pointing at the direction they were heading to. “Minseok Hyung! Minho Hyung! Is this the town? Is it?!”

It was the oldest the who told him that this was indeed their destination.

After he got this answer, Taemin soon let go of Minhos hand and ran to the entrance full of anticipation, waiting there impatiently for the brothers who did not bother to change their pace. When both of them finally arrived, they entered the town together with Taemin. The little black-haired boy could not stop his amazement. Everywhere was a vivid hustle. Hundreds of people were on the streets, chatting or looking at the colorful shop windows filled with different things like clothes, candy, jewelry and so on and so on. At the end his eyes settled on a group of playing children, who were laughing and running around. Seeing them he got kind of sad. How often did he wish to play and laugh with other kids like these ones. So reveled. Minho, who noticed the change of Taemins attitude, knelt down in front of the smaller boy locking gazes. It wasn't difficult for the Choi to guess whats wrong with his little companion. He could see his Taeminnie was thinking about the time back at the orphanage and that he envied the children in town.

But the younger Choi was never one to comfort other so he was slightly overstrained with the situation. At the end he just did what came to his mind first and he took the little boy in his arms, hugging him. Taemin who was surprised with the sudden contact, could not help but to look puzzled at Minho, completely forgetting his former thoughs.

What is it Minho Hyung? Why did you hug me?”

You looked sad, Taeminnie. Thats the reason. Remember, you aren't alone anymore. Those lonely days are the past and today is the present. Everything is different now.”

Taemin hugged Minho even tighter after those words, happy and touched.

Minho was right. He was not alone anymore. He had the two brother, who cared for him and stayed at his side. The little raven-head was smiling again, any trace of sadness vanishing from his face. Now they could really begin with their little tour.

The 3 of them walked around town for quite a while, visiting all kind of shops and getting a lot of things. Most of the shopping bag contents were for the new family member of the Choi household, who wasn't really fond of the fact that Minseok was buying so many things for him, but in the end he simply gave in. Taemin got a lot of new clothes in different color and for all seasons, some toys and of course all the things he would need in school, which he was attending soon.

Right now they were sitting on a bench in a park, the both youngest eating ice cream, while Minseok was taking a break from carrying all the bags. After some time the oldest arose from his seat, sighing slightly.

I am going to do some grocery shopping for the next week. Our fridge looks more like a black whole thanks to you two. Appalled the both of them looked to either the right and the left side, crossing their arms. As a result Minseok began laughing out loud and soon Minho and Taemin were laughing too. After they calmed down again, the oldest bit his goodbyes and left the younger ones alone. For some time they continued sitting in the park, chatting a bit, till they finished their ice cream and went for another walk through the town. They would meet Minseok later at the entrance, but they still had a lot of time to do the things they want to do. It already dawned when they exited the park and the sky was immersed in different red and orange tones.

Suddenly the peaceful atmosphere was destroyed by some loud and girly screeches and a big group was heading in the direction of the two boys. Within a few seconds Minho and Taemin were surrounded by many girls, which were excitedly calling Minhos name and partly suffocating Taemin with their cuddle attacks. You could see how the older black-haired boy was getting more and more irritated and especially angry. The first reason was clear: He hated this girls. They were in his class and almost every time they fangirled about every hot, handsome and cute boy they could find, including Minho from hist first day of school. The second reason was that this brats were crushing HIS Taeminnie with their suffocating hugs.

The girls on the other side were so fixed on the little cute child, that they did not even noticed that the Choi was pushing one girl after another out of his way to get to Taemin. Only when some shocked shouts were heard all of them turned around to be faced with a completely furious Minho. Said one took his 'little brother' with an specifically movement and freed him from the grasps of the girls.

Never come near to anyone of us again or touch Taemin. You understand?” Minho was saying this with an arrogance Taemin never thought the older would be capable of. At the same time he was frighteningly calm. Intimidated with the tone of voice and the appearance of the Choi, the girls could only nod, before they hastily began to scurry away. The older one sighed relieved, when they were alone again. To him those girl were the most irritating thing on earth. Taemin on the other side was simply happy, that he wasn't crashed by those cuddle attacks.

Everything alright, Taeminnie?”

Everything fine, Hyung.”

After this the both of them continued their way, Minho taking Taemins hand in his again leading him through the different streets. With every meter they were going the vivid hustle of the town began to fade more and more, also the houses and shops were getting lesser. In the end they arrived at a little hill, surrounded by a big meadow and little pond nearby. From the top of the hill they had a great view all over the town on one side and the meadow on the other side. Because it was already dark the city lights were illuminating the pitch black evening sky together with the full moon and the billionth of stars.

For a few moment Minho and Taemin were just standing there on top of the hill watching the town and enjoying the sight.

Lets sit down, okay?” Minho took one of his jackets, laying it on the slightly wet grass and both of them sat on it, their backs facing the city and just looking at the seemingly endless distance. Both of them were silent, but I wasn't awkward silence, not in the slightest way. It was simply a peaceful and relaxing silence.

But after a few minutes something very tiny, which was floating in front of their faces got their attention. However it did not remain with one. Little by little there came more and more of this tiny creatures, who danced around the hill.

Fireflies...” Taemins voice was only a whisper but still full of surprise and amazement.

Its because of this little pond. The water there is really clean and the air too, although we are near the town.” Minho explained.

It seemed to be hundreds of fireflies gathering, floating around, like they were dancing in the sky, forming abstract formations. With the time passing and both of them watching this spectacle of nature, Taemin got more and more tired and in the end he just closed his eyes, leaning his head on Minhos shoulder. As a result the elder carried the sleeping boy back to the town entrance where Minseok was already waiting, smiling at the side of the little bundle sleeping in the arms of his younger brother.

Together they headed back home, letting the memories of the day fill their mind again.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: Sorry guys for the long wait.

But like I promised, this chapter is longer then the previous.

So I hope you like it^^