Prologue

I Will Stay With You Forever

I will stay with you forever

 

It was a snowy night at the end of December and he was sitting there alone, crying in his small room in the old and ruinous orphanage. The little black-haired boy shivered because of the cold, desperately trying to stay awake. Again and again the icy wind was blowing through the broken windows and the little ones eyelids were getting heavier and heavier, till the tiredness won over him and he was drifting off to sleep. The following morning the boy woke up because of the bright sunlight shining in the small and bare room. The run-down orphanage wasn't used anymore since a few days, when the former owners abandoned it, including the few children who were living there. Since then nobody visited the place to look after the kids and one by one fled, hoping to find a better place and life somewhere else.

Little Taemin was the last child, who lived there. Day by day he was waiting for a wonder, for someone who would free him out of this hell.

Of course he wanted to flee too, but his body was thin and weak, almost fragile. He would never have reached the nearest city, let alone survived there on his own.

But today was the day everything would change.

A wonder? Maybe.

The chance to start a new life? Quite possible.

A ray of hope? Definitely!

 

Taemin was walking slowly down the stairs and you could hear a little grumble from his stomach. Since 2 days he hadn't a proper meal, after all it was winter and there wasn't anything to eat in the big kitchen anymore. Just when he was down half the wooden stairs he heard a loud noise and faint voices from the ground floor. The frightened little boy crouched down on the step, clinging at the railing. Taemin was hoping that it was just his imagination. So he waited for a sign that his fantasy was just playing tricks at him again. The black-haired boy jumped a little the moment he heard another sound from downstairs. Without notice hot tears were streaming down his cheeks. He was scared. Maybe it was a thief searching for bereaved treasures, which of course where nowhere to be found. I would not ne the firt time.

Seconds after the noises a loud, male voice resonated through the building.

"Watch out, what you are doing, Minho! We aren't here to cause any trouble." Because of the shock Taemin stood up a little to fast, regretting it instantly. His reaction caused the stairs to creak, that didn't pass unnoticed. Fast steps resonated through the darkness, aiming right for the little boys hiding-place.

Still paralyzed with terror the boy was standing there, fresh tears finding their way down his face, hiding silently in the shadow. The feet stopped and the silence was broken by the same man, who spoke earlier.

"Is someone there?"

"Come out! We know that you are hiding yourself upstairs!" Another cold and bored voice said.

"P-please don't hurt m-me." Taemins shaking voice pleaded as the 9 year old child stepped into the light, still teary-eyed. He watched the two strangers with fearful eyes, seeing right into the mens black shining eyes, that were fixed on the younger one. The two males were looking unbelievingly at each other, before they set their gaze at the child again. The older one slowly approached him, but Taemin instantly drew back.

"Please don't be afraid, we won't hurt you. My name is Minseok, Choi Minseok and the other one is my little brother Minho. I am a police officer and want to help." The man explained.

"M.my name ist Taemin." The orphan answered still a little bit scared.

Otherwise mostly cold Minho scanned the younger up and down with a pitiful look, so did his brother. Taemin hadn't any injuries, but his clothes were worn out and the former white of his way to loose and regarding the season absolutely not fitting shirt was given away to a dull grey. Furthermore he was really thin and not very tall either. His eyes were dull and lifeless, not a single spark in them.

Minseok knelt down in front of Taemin and locked gaze with him. He saw all the pain and sorrow the little boy must have gone through in his short life, especially the last days.

He wanted to give him a home, a family, who cared for the well being of the child, giving him love and warmth.

"You don't have to be scared anymore, Taemin. I will take you with me. How does it sound to you?" While saying this, Minseok took the child in his arms and gave him a gentle look.

Taemin on the other side was seemingly confused about this gesture, trying to get out of the arms at firs, but slowly the elders words got through to him and he calmed down. He was searching in Minseoks eyes for any trace of a lie, but did not find any. Quietly he began sobbing and embraced the male with overflowing joy.

A few moments later, when he calmed down again, he was sleeping in Minseoks arms, dreaming of the better life, laying ahead of him.

 

 

 

------------------------------------

 

AN.: I know Minho had not a very big part in the prologue but I promise it will be better in the first chapter^^

 

Also I hope my english is not that bad. Its not my native language, so of course there are a lot of mistakes. Tell me if you find any ;)