Don't Go (Dont Fly My Butterfly)

Don't Go (Dont Fly My Butterfly)

Please play this link first before reading ^__^ Promise you wont regret listening to this piece. Kamsa! http://youtu.be/LmAJy0N9gYw

"Don't Go (Dont Fly my Butterfly)"

Kai can already smell the salty breeze of the sea. He knew that he’s going to reach his favorite place any minute. He walks faster feeling excited. He’s getting nearer and nearer he knew, he can feel the throbbing ground, he started to hear a marching sound and finally hear the coming of a train. He stopped.

This is his favorite place. The blue sky and waters, the rail of the train, the sound of the waves and the sweet siren of the train makes him happy. The scenery refreshes his mind and soul.

“This is great!” he smiled and started walking again. Today is his first day of school and in his senior this year. He didn’t feel excited, there’s nothing to be excited about.

Kai looked at his watch only to find out that he’ll be getting late. He only had 3 minutes more and his school was a few meters away.

“Yeah this is just great!” he sarcastically muttered.

                                                                                                                        - - -

Back in June 6, 2011

“Yah! Late again as expected! Hurry!” I heard the shout of Mr. Jung our school guard as I run near the gate.

“I’m sorry.”

“Aish, you are now on your senior year Jong In, but you’re still the same. Go now! Hurry!” he shouted.

I bowed and walk faster inside the campus.

Im Kim Jong In, known as Kai in our place. Im 19 years old and a senior student of Soo Man School of Arts. Just like normal students, I always came in class 5 minutes and sometimes 10 minutes late since the class had started. Teachers dont complain anymore, I think they're already use to it.

“Jung Dae Hyun.”

“Here.”

“Jung Su Jong... Kim Hye Ri...”

I can hear the roll call, I run as fast as I could and hurriedly went inside the room.

“Kim Jong In...”

“HERE!” I shouted as I catch my breath.

“You’re late again. What should I expect? You sit there next to Lee Taemin.” Mrs. Park commanded.

I bowed and look for Taemin, he’s sitting in the last row. I scratch my head and sit next to him.

"Hey. What's up?" Taemin asks.

Lee Tae Min is my friend, we've been classmates since middle school. He's popular in class, he's really a good dancer, but this guy is an idiot.

I shrugged my shoulders and paid my attention to our teacher.

Mrs. Park was about to start when a woman knocked the door and catch everyone's attention. Based on her looks, she might be a teacher from other school and beside her is a girl.

"May I talk to you Mrs. Park?"

Mrs. Park went out, the class gets noisy and started doing some stuffs.

"Who's the gull?" I heard Jongdae who is sitting infront of our desk ask Lee Taemin.

Kim Jong Dae is also my friend. We, threee have been friends since middle school. That Jong Dae is a troll one, everybody hates him, no they hate his jokes and trolls.

"I think she's a trasferee. I heard a rumor before, and she must be it." Taemin answered

"She's cute." Jongdae said. He looked at me closely and checked me as if i did something bad.

"Yah! What now Kim Jongdae?" I shouted.

"Hey Kai, I know you have that great looks and charismatic image.But I have known you for so long and you did nothing good in your life." Jongdae said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Dont ever lay a hand with that gull, she's cute. Dont play with her!" then he laughed.

"Pabo! As if Im interested with your gull. Go and get her! She's all yours!"

Lee Temin and Jongdae laughed, they're fooling me.

“Class, this is Do Kyungsoo your new classmate. She’s a transferee so be nice to her."

All of our attention was caught by the sudden interuption of Mrs. Park, my classmates returned to their seats and I pay my attention to our teacher and the Kyung Soo girl.

"Miss Chae Rin, can you please move to the second row? Kyungsoo, that’s going to be your seat. Arasso?”

The girl smiled and nods.

I dont know but I get irritated of what I saw. She's receiving a special treatment from the teacher which is unfair for all of us. Is it because her mom is a teacher? Whoah that was so great. She even stole Chae Rin's seat or lets say Mrs. Park request Chae Rin to move into another seat that's still unfair.

"That was the first time I had seen her, but I dont know why there's a part of me that feels hatred towards her. I dont know. That was really strange for us."

                                                                                                                        - - -

July 15, 2011...

"Its been already a month since the first day of school. It's been a month since I feel the unexplainable anger towards the Kyung Soo girl. Well, she's doing good in class, but she dont have any friends. She always walks home by herself, and most of the girls in the class hated her because they too feel the special treatment the teachers are giving to her."

The weekend is now approaching, everyone is excited and feels like going home but we still have to wait for our last subject. The teacher is still in the faculty, everyboy's busy with their stuff and i'm busy doing my assignment.

"Yah Kim Jong In!" its Taemin.

"What??" I asked without looking on him, i'm kind of busy.

"Would you like to go out with us?"

"No thanks." I answered immediately.

"Yah! You're boring. What are you doing with your life?" he shouted.

I shrugged my shoulder and answered him. 'Yeah it's boring but im just enjoying, it thats what I do."

"Come with us even just today. We wont bother you anymore if you go out with us tonight! Jebal?!"

"Yah Lee Tae Min! Let me answer my assignment first or else im going to kick your !" I shouted.

"Fine." he stopped.

"Teacher is on her way! Go back to your seats pali!!!" shouted my classmate.

Everybody return to their respective seats, if its really respective and tone down their voices. The classroom is filled with silence, we can even hear the coming footstep of our teacher.

"Put out your assignments." she commanded when she entered the classroom.

She is Miss Shin, our physics teacher. My classmates called her monster and I call her an "old maid". She's old and have a bitter past, he hated boys especially me and the feeling is mutual, I hate her too more than she hates me.

"Those who left their books and didnt do their homeworks, stand up!" she shouted.

Well, as usual she never started her class without embarrasing or punishing someone.

"Incomplete assignments?" she added.

I saw my notebook, there are only three items i have answered. Happy now old maid? I stand up and look down, well this will makes her happy again.

She smirked.

"Mr. Kim, you again." she paused and looked at me.

"Are you really a student? Going to school without any assignments huh? What are you doing here then? Sleep? Eat lunch?"

"Of course im here to study..." i answered back. She's too much and I cant hold back my emotions.

"W-wow, now youre answering me!" she was amused and her eyes get even larger.

"Youre asking me, and as student im going to answer you." I said while looking at her.

"Yah Jong In ssi what are you doing?" Lee Tae Min whispered.

The old maid was pissed off, her eyes widened and her hands was ready to punch anyone.

"Mr. Kim I know your point but thats not the right way of answering your teacher. You're too much."

"You're also too much maam."

She stopped. I looked down. The old maid was pissed off, im waiting for her to hit me, im waiting for her to slap me.

                                                                                                                        - - -

"Kai! Are you coming??"Lee Taemin shouted.

"Im coming. So stop bothering me okay!" I shouted.

"Call! I'll keep my words!" Lee Taemin said.

It's 4:25 in my watch. We've been dissmissed earlier from our last subject. The old maid was pissed off, she walked away and never returned. My classmates thanked me for that, and for sure im a deadmeat when I returned home, that's why im coming with Taemin and Jongdae.

"Thanks to that monster, if not for her you wont be coming for sure." Jongdae said laughingly.

"Yah yah yah, forget it already will you? Im trying to forget it! Its stressing me. Let's just have some fun arasso?" I said.

"Sure." Taemin and Jongdae said.

"Let's go!"

"Wait, were still waiting for another one." Jongdae said.

"Yes Kai, just a minute okay?" Taemin said and smiled.

"Who's that another one?" I asked.

"There she is!" Taemin shouted and point his finger to my back.

I looked back and my jaw dropped as I seen an unexpected guest.

"Sorry." Kyung Soo said and bowed.

"Yah it's fine!" Jongdae said.

"Yah, what's this? She's coming with us?" I asked.

"Sorry Kai,we didnt informed you, but yeah she's coming."

Kyung soo smiled at me, I dont know...

"Yah! You guys are crazy! She's not even our friend, why asked her to come?!" I shouted.

"Jong In low down your voice youre scaring Kyung Soo!" jongdae shouted.

I looked at the Kyung Soo girl, she's about to cry and feel embarassed. She looked down.

"Okay, im not coming. Go with her!" I said and walked.

"Kai ssi, what's your problem? Did I do something wrong? Why are you mad at me?" Kyung soo said in a soft maner.

I ignored her and continue walking.

"Yah Jong In Kim! Jugulle???" Taemin shout.

"Yes! Yes! I want to die!" I shouted.

                                                                                                                        - - -

"1234 Cheers!!!"

"Yah Kai, why dont you drink!?" Jongdae asked. This guy have drinked too much, they've been drinking for one hour straight.

"You drink it!" after that I walked outside the room.

Well, we're in Lee Teamin's apartment. About what happened a while ago, they've convinced me to come with them, they even dance in the middle of street like fools for that. They really want me to come. We have our dinner in a restaurant near the sea and talked about stuffs, and the Kyung Soo girl was with us. I still hated her, I ignored her the whole time as if she dont exist. She gaved up getting my attention.After that she already went home and we headed here in Taemin's apartment to drink.

"I'm really happy Kai ssi that you come with us even I'm here. But I really dont know why you hate me. Please tell me if what bothers you."

"Kai ssi you've been ignoring me the whole time and i'm aware with it. Please dont get mad at me, I just want to be friends with you three."

"Kai ssi..."

"...please talk to me even just once."

That was our conversation awhile ago. Aissh that girl is really annoying.

"KAI SSI!" i heard Taemin shouting.

"What?" I asked.

"Noona called and told me mom is on her way here."

Taemin's mom is a strict mom. If she saw the drunk Jongdae in the living room and the canned beers, we're dead meat! And it also means we cant stay here for an overnight.

                                                                                                                        - - -

"Kai...sssi...hik..hahaha she's so sweet... hik ...when saying your...ugly name." Jongdae said.

Im carrying him because he's drunk already. We're on our way to his home.

"Pabo." I said.

"Why..did..you hate hik..such a ...nice gull." he said.

"Thank me Jongdae after this. If its not me you wont be able to return home safely. You have been sleeping outside for sure." I said.

He didnt respond, I think he had fallen asleep.
                                                                                                                        - - -

Im on my way home, it's 11 already but the lights are still on.

"They're still awake at this hour?"I asked myself.

                                                                                                                        - - -

"You're such an irresponsible fellow! I dont even consider you as my child! I sent you to school for your own good but youre making fool out of it!!! Youre a shame!!!"

"Jong In, what happened to you? Why??"

"Yah! Get out! I dont need you here! GET OUT!!!"

                                                                                                                        - - -

Im walking with my hands inside my pocket. I will be sleeping in the street tonight. Thanks to that monster, she reported to my parents of what had happened awhile ago.

"Aissh shibal." I muttered.

I can already smell the salty breeze of the sea.I knew im going to reach my favorite place any minute. I walk faster feeling excited. I'm getting nearer and nearer,I can already feel the throbbing ground,I started to hear a marching sound and finally hear the coming of a train.I stopped. It's the same scenario, its tha same feeling of my first day of school. I looked at my watch, it's past twelve already. I walked slowly and saw the flashing light of the coming train.

"Beautiful." I whisper.

The train passes by, after that I saw a familiar person was on the other side of the road, Do Kyung Soo. Our eyes met but she looked away. There is something wrong in this scenario. Yes there is. Kyung Soo girl should be smiling for she is always happy and smiling, but what im seeing is a Kyung Soo girl crying, with her eyes red and full of melancholy.

"I never thought the person I hate is someone who's fragile and soft. I never thought that she was hurt inside. I never expected the hate I was feeling towards her will turn into something. Something special, something deep..."

                                                                                                                        - - -

"Good evening Kai ssi." she smiled at me. Even though she's smiling I can clearly see the sadness in her eyes. "It's already late, what are you doing here?" she asked.

"I know you wont answer me. Im going, be careful on your way." she smiled and walked.

"I should be the one asking you that. What are you doing here in a very late hour?" I said.

I dont know what im saying, it just get out of my mouth. She stopped and looked back.

"Seriously? Is this real? Am I dreaming!? You.. you're talking to me!" she shouted. She looks really happy, but the sadness are still there, I can hear it from her voice.

I smiled. It's not Kai anymore, neither myself. Im turning into someone i dont know this time.

"Hello Kyung Soo." I said.

July 16, 2011...

"I visit my mom in the hospital." she said.

"What happened to your mom?" I asked.

We are walking in the seashore and talking, it was already saturday and quarter to two in the morning. 

"My mom has a heart disease and she was confined yesterday in the hospital. Sister didnt informed me about it. i found it out later when I arrived in the house." she answered.

"Why would she keep such thing?" I asked.

"I love my mom. Mom is the only person I treasured, I'm afraid of loosing her. I dont know what will happen to me if something wrong happened to her. Maybe that's the reason why sister keep it from me for a moment. She dont want me to get hurt."

I looked at her for a moment. She's looking in the skies, I look at her eyes. She's in pain right now because the person she loved the most was in pain. I dont know her story, but she's indeed a good girl. I want to know you more Kyung Soo. I want to know you...

"Is your mom okay now?" I asked.

She nodded.

"I'll walk you home."

"No, im not feeling of going home tonight." she said softly.

"Why?" I asked, I was wondering why.

"Kai ssi, what are you doing here?" she asked.

"Ah, my parents sent me away from home. They dont want to see me." I answered.

"Why?"

I shrugged my shoulders, i wont tell her.

"Why here? There are so many places to go but why did you choose to spend the night here?" she asked.

"This is my favorite place. I always go here everyday, I dont miss any single day of not coming here." I answered.

"Really? Your house must be near in this place." she said.

"Actually no. my house is far away in this place. but I choose this path when going to school. I really want to see this place. It's really beautiful."

"Maybe, that's the reason youre always late."

"Yes." I smiled.

"You must really like this place. No, you loved this place.' she said and smiled.

"Yes."

                                                                                                                        - - -

September  19, 2011...

"It's already September, its been months since Kyung Soo and I became friends. Taemin and Jongdae dropped their jaw when they found out that we are in good terms with each other. I never thought that we could be good friends. Kyung Soo is such a really sweet and caring girl. I dont know why she dont have much friends. She just stayed with us and never go out with other people.

I can feel the cool air, December is coming. The days are counting and I want to spent my christmas with Kyung Soo. Our first Christmas and I'm preparing for it.

As time passes,the weather changes, the dates in the calendar had been crossed and December is coming. But there's a thing that bothers me. It's Kyung Soo herself. She acts differently the past few days, and I had a feeling that she's hiding something from us.

Everybody's busy for the coming school fair next week. We are assigned in the Photobooth by our teacher and we're busy planning and organizing the stuffs to bring.

"Kai ssi bring this in the booth tomorrow." Donghae said, our standing leader of the group.

I nod and get the paper. 

"Kyung soo ah, you too. Bring this things in the booth tomorrow." Donghae handed the paper.

But Kyung soo didnt move, she continue doing her work as if she heard nothing.

"Kyung soo ah..." Donghae said in a louder voice so that she can hear it.

"Ah. Yeah." Kyung Soo was a bit shock and immediately bowed. "Sorry leader, i didnt hear you since im focused with my work. Sorry."

'It's okay. There." Dong Hae handed the paper to Kyung Soo.

"W-whats this?" she asked.

"Ah, those are the things you're going to bring for the booth tomorrow. Make sure you wont miss anything from the list okay?"

Kyung soo nodded and returned to her work.

"Yah, Kyung soo ah." I whispered.

She looked at me.

"What's the matter? You seemed distracted this past few days. Is there any problem?" I asked her.

She shakes her head.

                                                                                                                        - - -

September 22, 2011...

Three days before the school fair, all senior students are busy preparing their assigned booths. I haven't seen Taemin and Jongdae since Monday because of the preparation. Good thing Kyung Soo is my groupmate, or else the whole preparation would be boring. I dont know but I feel comfortable when Kyung Soo was around.

"Kyung Soo ah, let's have our lunch later."

"I cant, sorry. I promised mom i'm going home." she said while looking down.

"Oh, it's okay. Dont be sorry." I smiled to her.

She smiled.

                                                                                                                        - - -

Lunchtime is over. Students return on their assigned booths to continue their work. Kyung Soo's still not returning, oh maybe she's having a great time with her mom.

"Yah Kai!" i heard Lee Taemin's shout.

"Taemin! Long time no see guys." I smiled at them.

"Where's Kyungie?" Jongdae asked.

"Kyungie? Kyung Soo?" I asked.

"Yes. Oh is it cute? Taemin and I were talking about her when I suddenly burst out that name, but it suits well with that cute gull." Jongdae said while laughing.

"Aissh, pabo!" I smacked his head. This guy, aish.

"Where's Kyung Soo?" Taemin ask.

"She hasn't returned yet. She went home a while ago." I answered.

"Hey, Kai ssi. Does Kyungie had already a boyfriend?" Jongdae asked.

"Of course no! I I mean, she never told me." I answered.

Why? It's just a question. But why i feel pain? Kyung soo having a boyfriend, eventhough its just a question it's killing me. 

"Oh well, she will tell us anyway if she had any." Taemin said.

"I hope i'm his boyfriend." Jongdae said.

"Yah!" I shouted.

Taemin and Jongdae laughs hard.

"Do you see his reaction? Oh! I told you! he really likes Kyungie!" Jongdae shouted.

"Yah! Jongdae Kim! You troll! Stop that!" I shouted.

"Yah Kai take care of our Kyungie! Or else im going to kick you out of this school!" Taemin said.

"Take care of your face Taemin! Shut up guys!" I said.

"But do you like Kyungie? Just tell us! tell us!" Jongdae asked.

I looked away. This guy!

"See? he likes our Kyungie!" Jongdae shouted.

I was about to stop Jongdae, when I saw Kyunng Soo. She looks pale and sad, our eyes met and she run away.

"Kyung soo ah..." I whispered and ran.

                                                                                                                        - - -

"Kyung soo ah..."

She didn't respond.

I stood next to her. I looked at her.

"Sorry, you know Jongdae is a troll. He's making fun of me." I explained.

"Dont explain Kai ssi." she said. She looked at me and smiled. "Tell me, what Jongdae said was not true right? You dont like me right?"

I dont know what to answer that moment. I dont want to tell her that its true,but i dont want to lie. Yes. I have liked Kyung soo eversince. That night I had seen her, I wanted to know her, I wanted to protect her.

"Kai ssi, I need a friend today. Please dont leave, jebal?" she said.

I looked at her, she acts strangely the past few days.

"Kyung soo ah, is there any problem?" I asked her.

"Ah, i-it's nothing." she answered. "Let's go back!" She started walking.

"Dont lie to me Do Kyung Soo..." i whispered.

                                                                                                                        - - -

September 26, 2011...

It's the school fair today. Everybody's having a great time. Kyung soo, Taemin, Jongdae and I are walking. We are enjoying every booths. This day is going to be great!

"Yah! Taemin ssi! That bear is cute! I want it!" Kyung soo shouted.

"Oh yeah lets get that!" Taemin shouted.

Kyung soo ah, why dont tell me about that instead of Taemin. Im jealous...

"You have to shoot that...blah blah blah." instructed by the man taking care of the booth.

"Hwaiting!" Kyung soo cheered.

I walked away from them, i'm really jealous. I should be the one getting that stuff for her.

"Shibal..." i whispered.

My attention was caught by a booth. It's selling necklaces and pendants. I want to buy some for Kyung Soo.

"Good morning." greeted by the girl.

I smiled. I looked on the necklaces. "Whoah, what to choose?" I muttered.

"Do you want me to help you?" she asked.

"Oh sure." I answered.

"Are you giving this to your girlfriend?"

I looked down and smile. "No, im giving that to a friend."

The girl smiled. she handed me a beautiful butterfly necklace.

"This butterfly represents happiness, beauty and change. This will suit her." the girl said.

"Oh thank you." I smiled and pay her.

"Mister, just like a butterfly, learn to move before its too late. Let go of the thoughts that holds you back from telling her you like her. You must like your friend." she said while smiling.

"How did you know she's a girl?" I asked.

"Of course you wont be buying that for a man right?" she laughed. "And your smile when I asked you. You seemed really happy when you think of her."

"Oh that." I laughed. "Am I that really obvious?"

"KAI SSI!!!" its Jongdae's shout.

I turned around and saw them waving.

"What are you doing there! Come here!" Jongdae shouted.

Taemin smack Jongdae's head. "Yah Jongdae Kim! Kai can hear you, dont shout!"

I looked at the girl. 'Thank you." and smiled.

"She's pretty. I think that pretty face doesn't deserves to wait." she said.

I looked at Kyung soo, she looks very happy while hugging the bear.

"Nae. Thanks again." I said and rans towards them.

"Yah! We've been looking for you. Huh you must be flirting with that girl!" Jongdae said.

"I dont flirt idiot!" I said while smiling.

"Kyung soo doesnt deserves to wait. But, she's soft and fragile, I can make her happy but I cant hurt her. Is she ready to get hurt? Am I ready to see her cry because of me? Am i? Am I?"

                                                                                                                        - - -

It's 6'o clock of the afternoon. Kyung soo and I were on our way home, this is the right time to give her the necklace i had bought a while ago.

"Kyung soo ah." I said.

"Yes?" she said while smiling.

I smiled. "I want to give you something."

But before she can speak the coming train passed infront of us. We can only hear the marching sound and the siren of the train.

"What did you say?" she asked.

"Ah, I want to give you something."

I took out the necklace outside my pocket. She looked at it and she smiled after seeing it.

"It's pretty!" she said.

I walked and stand at her back. I put the necklace to her, she holds the butterfly for a while.

"Thank you, it's really pretty. How did you know I like butterflies?" she asked.

"Oh you like butterfiles? Oh that was coincidennce, I didnt know that." I smiled.

"I think, my likes are very common.' she smiled.

"No it's not. You like precious things." I said.

She smiled. "Why all of a sudden?"

"Ah that, im giving you that as a sign of happiness." I looked away while saying those.

She looked at me. "Really? You're kidding me."

I looked at her.

"That butterfly symbolizes happiness. I always wanted to see you happy. Wear it all the time okay? and please take care of it."

"Yes I will. Thank you Kai ssi." she said.

"Please take care of it, please take care of my love for you. Kyung Soo ah, i'm going to wait. I will wait for the moment you will see me as a man, not a friend."

                                                                                                                        - - -

December 25, 2011...

It's Christmas now, it's been already a week I haven't seen Kyung soo since there's no more classes. I miss her so much but it will worth it for sure. I told her that we will meet in my favorite place. We are going to celebrate our Christmas there. I also asked Taemin and Jongdae to go there. It's "OUR" christmas.

"Hey Kai, what are you going to do now?" Taemin asked.

"Yes Kai, are you going to confess now? Whoah how romantic it is!" jongdae said.

"I'm not doing anything. I wont confess either." i said.

"What!? Are you nuts? You're making it hard dude!" Jongdae said.

"Look, Kyung Soo needs a FRIEND today not a BOYFRIEND." I told them.

"Hey, how can you say so?" they asked.

"She's a sad girl." i said.

Taemin smacked my head.

"What sad are you talking about? Yah Jong In! Kyung soo is a happy girl. She always laughed and smile when she's with us!"

"When she's with us!!" I shouted.

They stopped.

"How about if she's not with us? Is she happy? Is she laughing? Did you see it? Guys c'mon she's been lying to us that she's happy. She may be laughing or smiling but have you ever noticed her eyes? Those eyes arent lying, those eyes tells me she's suffering, that she's lonely! dont you see she's changed? We know she's a smart , she's doing well in class. But dont you see, she seems distarcted. She wasnt even focused! Her grades are getting lower and lower. She's not into studying anymore. She's different." I started crying.

"Jong in ssi." Jongdae said.

"Guys, Kyung Soo needs a friend today, I dont know what's going on with her. She dont even share it to us. She's changed."

"Yeah." Taemin said.

I looked at him.

"She's changed. I noticed it. I'm also aware of it but im pretending I'm not."

"Taemin?" Jongdae asked.

"I saw Kyung Soo before at the back of our classroom, she's crying. She say that why this thing is happening to her. I dont know if what's that thing." Taemin said.

"Why did you not tell it??" I asked him.

"That day, she saw me. She begged me not to tell anyone about it. And I did." taemin answered.

"Taemin, what else did you know?"

"She loves her mom very much. But that mom of her ... is dying. That's the reason why she's distracted, that's why she's not focused in studying and why she's in pain right now."

                                 "My mom has a heart disease and she was confined yesterday in the hospital. Sister didnt informed me about it. i found it out later when I arrived in the house." she answered.

                                 "Why would she keep such thing?" I asked.

                                 "I love my mom. Mom is the only person I treasured, I'm afraid of loosing her. I dont know what will happen to me if something wrong happened to her. Maybe that's the reason why sister keep it from me for a moment. She dont want me to get hurt."

"I thought I've already known her, but she's still a stranger to us. Why Kyung Soo ah? Why?"

                                                                                                                        - - -

Kyung Soo didn't come, but I dont get mad. I understand her, maybe she's already tired pretending that she's happy. Later, we heard her mom passed away, eversince that, Kyung Soo becomes a silent student and she rarely come with us. She's always alone and never talked to anyone, even to us. It's very painful for me seeing her like that. The happy and smiling Kyung soo, turns out to be a sad and lifeless Kyung Soo. Nothing has changed even after our graduation.

Now the three of us, Taemin, Jongdae and I are planning for entering a university. Kyung Soo was not here, she dont have plans of studying anymore which makes me sad.

"Kyung Soo, that gull..." Jongdae said and he started crying.

"Yah Jongdae. You troll king why are you crying?" Taemin asked.

"She's unpredictable. I never thought this is going to happen." he burst out.

Taemin laughed.

"Yah dont laugh! D you think, if her mom didnt die, she's with us right now and plans for entering university too??" Jongdae asked.

Taemin stop laughing and looked down. "I think so." he whispered.

"Kyung soo ah, what are you doing all this time?"

                                                                                                                        - - -

July 15, 2012...

I can already smell the salty breeze of the sea.I knew im going to reach my favorite place any minute. I walk faster feeling excited. I'm getting nearer and nearer,I can already feel the throbbing ground,I started to hear a marching sound and finally hear the coming of a train.I stopped. It's the same scenario, its the same feeling of my first day of school. The same scenario I have seen the sad Kyung Soo on the other side of the road.

"Kyung Soo ah...where are you?"

My attention was caught when I saw a girl on the other side of the road. She's familiar. Of course she will always be.

"KYUNG SOO AH!" I shouted.

But she never looked at me, I was about to ran after her when the train comes along the way, so I stopped. Please God, Kyung Soo ah dont go anywhere stay where you are. Soon as the train was gone, I looked again where Kyung Soo is. But she's gone.

"K-Kyung soo." I muttered.

                                                                                                                        - - -

"Jong in, someone's looking for you." my mom said.

I went to the living room and saw a familiar girl, she smiled at me, I smile back.

"Do you remember me?" she asked.

"I thought I've seen you somewhere but I cant remember you. Sorry." i told her.

"I'm the girl at the booth you had bought the butterfly necklace." she said.

"Ah, yes I remember now. Sorry for not recognizing you." I bowed.

"It's fine." she smiled.

"Sit down." I told her.

She sitted. I follow her.

"How are you now?" she asked.

I looked down.

"Dont ask me. I dont know the answer."

She looked down too and smiled. It was a force smile.

"Kai ssi."

"How did you know my name?" I was surprised.

"My sister told me." she answered.

"Sister?"

"Im Kyung Soo's sister..."

"That moment I feel no strength. I feel my knees weaken and my heart stop beating. It was an unexpected meeting for an unexpected person."

                                                                                                                        - - -

"Just like a butterfly, people changes like Do Kyung Soo. But she's the butterfly that changes unaccording to her plans. The change that came to her life is like a punishment, a suffering. If only I had known it. If only."

"After mom died, Kyung Soo promised me that she will still be happy. She told me that, like a butterfly she will move forward with joy and will find her own place to live. She found that place with me and her friends. I thought everything will be okay according to her promise but there are so many surprises in life. We never know when will it come, we wont be prepared. Kyung soo is loosing her hearing..."

is loosing her hearing..."

is loosing her hearing..."

My body gets numb and my heart stops beating after hearing those words.

"Kyung soo... when she was a kid met an accident that affects her hearing. But after taking the operation, she was able to hear again. Mom and I thought that everything's okay, but last year as mom was being diagnosed with her heart disease, we noticed Kyung Soo acts strangely. I just realized her illness returned. She cant hear whisper, there's a already a range for her to hear things. It also affects her study. I went to an otologist with her. The doctor find out that the operation before was not successful. He told me that this time it gets worsen. There is no more treatment for it." she started crying.

"That time, mom is dying. I dont want to tell her and even Kyung soo about her condition. I dont want to loose both of them. I told Kyung Soo she can still be treated. I gave her the drugs prescribed by the doctor eventhough I know that its not for a lifetime. But Dad returns after the death of mom and take everything from us, thus we got no money for the drugs. Kyung Soo, told me that night that she gave up. She stopped taking the drugs, she told me that eventhough she might become deaf, she wont leave me and that's the important thing."

"She wanted to meet you Kai..."

                                                                                                                        - - -

I was running so hard, tears are flowing down my cheeks. Wait for me Kyung Soo ah! Wait for me.

                                                                                                                        - - -

"I thought everything's okay but why God let this happen? why this thing happen to me?" I always asked myself.

"Mom died, Dad take everything from us. I got deaf and now I'm dying. Why? Im already a burden to my sister, thus i dont want to burden Kai or my friends. No I dont want to be a burden to anyone anymore.

                                                                                                                        - - -

"One thing Kai. My sister and I inherited my mom's heart disease. Tragedy right? We are abunch of burden in this world. And that's how Kyung Soo feels today. I was alarmed then when she told me the other day that she's useless and she wanted to die. Kai, please save her today."

                                                                                                                        - - -

"The world is beautiful, but how sad only dying people appreciate it. I miss the old times. The times where mom, dad, sister and I were a happy family. The time the operation got successful. The time I was able to hear the laugh and voices of my dear ones. I miss my friends, where are they now? Kai, thanks for making me happy hanks for liking a useless girl like me. Jongdae, you troll king do you still troll people, I hope so. Taemin, youre really a great dancer and a good friend, be good okay?" i looked at the butterfly necklace on my hand.

"I had liked butterfly for so long but i hadnt know your nature. Im a pabo." I smiled.

I hear nothing... I cant hear anything.

                                                                                                                        - - -

I saw Kyung Soo standing in the middle of the road. It's dangerous since the train will come any minute.

"Kyung Soo!!" I shouted.

I was about to run but is it too late???

                                                                                                                        - - -

I turned my back and saw Kai. I smiled at him.

It hurts...it really hurts. It's very painful.

I saw my hands trembling and the butterfly necklace. I smiled. All this time, Kai has been there for me with this necklace, he's always present. I feel weak.

"I thought we'll be able to see each other again. But it looks like everything will end here.Im sorry...I didnt make it."

                                                                                                   - - -

                                                                                              THE END