Eureka!

Frozen in Time.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eureka!

Hours became days, days turned to weeks and in between those days I have become fond of Suho. I see him almost everywhere in the mall, at the canteen, at the corridor, and even at home. Mom would always ask about him when I come home alone it’s like everything is out of place when he isn’t around. Exam week went by quickly and it’s already winter break.

Winter break meant Christmas.

Christmas. It’s that time of the year again.

Once again I was out running errands before Christmas eve. I guess panic buying has become my thing.

As soon as I opened the door I saw Suho standing at the porch about to ring the doorbell.

“What brings you here?” I asked.

“Nothing, I just missed you.”

“Is it really me that you missed or mom’s cooking?”

“Hahaha! You got me. So, where are you going?”

“To the mall you know to do some last minute shopping.”

“Do you need someone to help you carry with the bags?”

“Uhh—I think so.”

“Alright then, I’ll come with you.” He said grinning like a kid.

-

I wasn’t sure what to give to mom. I’ve given her tons of things. Shirt, shoes, dress, make-up, what else will I give her and to Eun Sang, Hye Kyung. Plus Baek and Kai.

“So what’s your gift to me?” Suho suddenly blurted out interrupting my chain of thoughts.

“What?”

“I said, what’s your gift for me?”

Oh right… A gift. For Suho.

“Uhh-I don’t know. What would you want?”

“Well, will you really give it to me if I told you?”

“That’s if I can afford it. “

He flashed a really big smile  “I’ll tell you later.”

I stared at him with one brow up for 3 good seconds then I shook my head. “Okay.”

I went around the mall like 5 times before deciding what to buy for them, I guess Suho couldn’t take any longer my indecisiveness when it comes to buying gifts so he decided to bail out… Well, not really. He just went to the restroom.

Soon after, oodles of paper bags occupied my hands and I was ready to go home. I stopped at one place, put down the bags where I can see them and reached for my phone.

I dialled for Suho’s number. “Yah! Where are you? Come on let’s go home.”

“Not so fast, you still haven’t bought my gift.”

“Oh, right. Well, get your down here if you want your gift.” I pressed the end call button and texted him where I was. 5… 8… 10 minutes passed and he still hasn’t arrived. I was about to leave him when I heard something that caught my attention.

The familiar voice in the speakers of the mall sounded like Suho’s.

Paging for the lost girl wearing black and white striped top with red parka on, black leggings and knee high brown boots, please proceed to the mall garden immediately. Your guardian is waiting for you.

What game is this little pipsqueak trying to play? Ugghh. I shrugged and picked up my paper bags and went to the garden anyway.

Notwithstanding the amount of people in the garden my eyes tried to look for Suho. I looked around twice, I almost gave up.

I'm not sure if this is the garden because the 'garden' only occupied one-fourth of the area and the rest was open space wherein you can see little snowflakes falling from the sky. I was expecting the common type of garden. On my third sweep I was about to leave when I saw him making his way in the crowd.

As soon as he approached me I asked him “You took me outside, I thought I was going to buy you a gift?”

“Shhh, follow me.”

“Where?”

He said nothing and grabbed my hand leading me to the open space. “Yah! What are you doing?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter