Fifteen

Collaboration of the Heart
Please log in to read the full chapter

***Note: The timeline is a bit messed up with all the performances of both groups but I will try my best to incorporate them and make it as realistic as possible. :D

He misses me? That's pure lies right there. If he missed me that much, he would've been the one who came instead of sending innocent Junsu to us. Poor maknae had to endure Bom's wrath.

 

She sighed. She and Chanyeol were still practicing the song when the memory hit her hard. Shaking her head lightly, she glanced at Chanyeol and a small smile appeared on her face. He really is cute. She thought. Like a big bunny. Tilting her head to the side, she didn't notice that she was already staring at him. Come to think of it, his antics make me smile. Smiling, she thought once more. He's exactly a happy virus. Like Kwanghee.

 

Chanyeol was just strumming his guitar when he felt someone staring at him. Raising his head, his eyes met Dara's and he flushed under her gaze. “Noona? Um.. are you alright?”

 

Snapping out from her memory induced haze, she gave Chanyeol a small smile. “I'm fine Chanyeol-ah,” she says, “just a little nervous about things.” Focus Dara!

 

He accepted her answer but he still looked suspicious. Something isn't right.

 

They practiced the song some more until they got the hang of it. After getting the melody down pat, they started talking about how they were going to arrange the song.

 

“I've seen you play the guitar many times using finger style. Why don't you use that and I use the regular strumming?” she suggested after a half hour of coming up of ways. Turning to Dara, Chanyeol readily agreed and slapped himself mentally. I could have suggested that. Aish, my mind is too cloudy.

 

Chanyeol practiced the finger style of strumming while Dara got up to get both of them bottles of water. Just then, his phone rang and Kris' name flashed on the screen. Putting down his guitar gently, he slid the green answer button and put the phone to his ear. “Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Ya, Chanyeol. Are you and Dara done already?” He rolled his eyes at Kris' tone.

 

“Almost. Why are you asking?”

 

“Because Teddy-sunbae came down here with Lydia-sunbae and told us to come with them for the final recording of the rap.”

 

Sighing, he muttered an 'okay' to Kris. “We'll meet you in the studio. I'll just ask Dara-noona for directions.”

 

“Mm.” and then the line went dead. He stared at his phone and glared at it. Stupid Kris, thinking he's so coll like that.

 

“If you stare at it longer, your phone's going to melt.” He looked up and saw Dara approach him holding two bottles of water.

 

Flustered, he chuckled nervously. “Ah yeah. Kris just called me and told me that the rappers were called to record already.”

 

“Ahh.. Do you want me to accompany you there? I'm sure you're not that familiar with our building yet since it's your first time here.” Chanyeol nodded. “Then come on.”

 

The two stepped out of the practice room and headed to the elevators. Even though Chanyeol and Dara were friends, they still had that awkward aura around them that just wouldn't go away. How can I make it not awkward between us? Chanyeol thought.

 

A ding! was heard and the two stepped off of the elevator. The walk to the studio was quiet again and Chanyeol, being a very lively and loud person, couldn't take the silence any longer. He let his eyes wander around and an idea popped in his head and he started forming a plan.

 

“Noona?” he started, “Are these walls really filled with every single song you have ever released?” They were in the hall towards the studio wherein posters of the artists and the song titles written vertically above them were.

 

Dara glanced around and nodded at Chanyeol. “Yep. Me and Bom actually checked it during our times when were really bored.”

 

“What if you release any more songs?”

 

“Then we add them to the wall.” She pointed to the very end. “See? G-Dragon and Seungri's songs were added just a few days ago.”

 

He pursed his lips. “Even collaborations with other artists?”

 

Dara thought back on her times when she and Bom were listing down every song they saw. And yes, they were included. “Mm. IU and Seungri's song 'I Know' is also listed here so yes, collaborations are included.”

 

He smiled to himself. Yes, their collaborations would be listed in the YG Building.

 

“Well, here we are.” The two artists stopped in front of the door. Dara peeked in through the unpainted part of the glass door and saw that Teddy and the others weren't really busy so she opened the door and Chanyeol followed. “Hey, I brought in the missing member.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter