Nightmare

NIGHTMARE

 

“Jeongmin..”

The curly hair’s boy tilted his head to see the other boy who called him. There he was. The boy with black hair smiled toward him, running on the other side of the road.

His eyes glued on the curly hair’s boy. On his hand was a box of chocolate, you could guess.

“Why you leave so early? Is there something happened?” The boy who seemed to be older than the curly boy asked. He put his hands on his knees as panting hard after ran. His head bowed as he trying to catch a breath.

But when he looked up to see the boy he called before, there was no one standing there anymore.

“Am I too slow? Or is he in hurry?” Hyunseong murmured, the boy just made him confuse for sure. He swore that he had see Jeongmin just then. But he couldn’t figure out why he was leaving him. With disappointment plastered on his face he began to walking slowly heading his house.

‘Jeongmin was so weird. Why he always avoided me lately?’ Hyunseong was shouting out in his mind and huffing. Kicking some rock that lay on the street.

‘Was he mad at me?’ He wondered again, but there was no answer. He doesn’t know why? What was his reason for avoiding and not talking to him? He really was clueless about that.

“I’m home..” hyunseong shouted from the front door before stepping inside his house. He then laid on the couch of his living room, pulled out his phone to call someone.

“Please pick it up, Jeongminnie.” He mumbled to the phone. Prying for the curly hair’s boy named Jeongmin to answer his phone call.

But there was none of an answer. His phone was off.

He tried to send a message toward the boy.

 

To : JeongMINE

Are you sleeping already?

 

2 minutes

5 minutes

Thirty minutes

An hour

Two hours

Hyunseong kept staring at his phone to wait if there would be any message from Jeongmin.

“Where are you? This is not your behavior for make me waiting.” Hyunseong pouted and throwing his phone onto the bed.

But after two second, he took it again and lazily walking upstairs. He opened the wooden door on the right way. His room was quite clean and tidy. He turned the lamp on and sat on the bed.

He pulled out a box of chocolate from his bag and observing on that thing. He grabbed a frame with a photo of him and a boy named Jeongmin. They had smiled with Hyunseong’s hands wrapping around that tiny waist.

“You should be waiting for me a little longer.” He grumbled as staring at the photo. His fingers caressed the photo softly.

‘Should I give up on you?’

“NO. That would NEVER happen. EVER..!!”  Hyunseong his hair harshly, feeling frustrated with it.

 

 

When Hyunseong woke up in the morning, he saw those beautiful lips smiling on him.

“Jeongminnie, is that you?” he groaned and took a good look before he let out a long sigh.

There was no one on that room. He really missed that boy so much, perhaps that was the reason why he always imagine if Jeongmin was with him.

“I should hurry so I can go to find him on the college.” Hyunseong thought before stood up. Stepping up to the bathroom and showered as fast as he could.

He should find him and talked to him soon. He couldn’t to hide that he missed the boy too much.

It was like years for him. Even it was just several days he didn’t talk to the boy.

“Jeongminnie please waiting for me.” He whispered quietly. His hands brought a box of chocolate, still the same box from yesterday.

His bag on his shoulder, blue shirt and black jeans seemed so damn perfect on him.

 

Smile was appearing on his lips as he swept his head around the corridor of his college.

He saw a boy with book on his hand, and his smile grew brighter when he realized who it was.

“Jeongminnie.” He called out that name. His steps grew wider while his eyes were still staring at the boy.

‘Just wait a little longer. Please wait for me.’ Hyunseong began to pray in his head.

 

Bugh..!!

“Ouch…! mianhae.”

The tall boy was crash onto him and almost made him fall. Hyunseong ignored the apologizing word from the guy that bump onto him recently.

His gaze flew away to the place that Jeongmin supposed to sit.  But he saw that the bench was already empty.

He let out a deep sigh.  ‘He is going away.’

After looking around, Hyunseong saw the cute looking boy appearing on his sight. He was carrying some books on his hands, and Hyunseong could saw a guy behind him tried to take the book from the younger. He smiled to see that, the funny couple.

“Minwoo, that’s heavy. Let me carrying it for you.” The guy behind him was finally grabbing the book from him, and made the short boy pouting his lips.

“Hey Minwoo, Donghyun hyung.” Their eyes then stared on Hyunseong.

And they smiled back toward him, walked closer to the boy.

“Minwoo, I’m glad to see you.” Hyunseong greeted him.

The younger frowned before chuckle.

“Wae? Are you missed me?” the younger a little, make the older ruffling his hair without hesitation to mess it up.

“Yaak.. Hyunseong, don’t you dare to touch him. Minwoo is mine!” said the guy behind Minwoo as slapped Hyunseong’s hand from Minwoo’s hairs.

“You see that, your guardian is furious.” Hyunseong chuckled to see Donghyun’s expression.

“And why you are here by the way?” Donghyun asked him curiously.

“Do you know where Jeongmin is?” Hyunseong asked the guy while eyes were observing the corridors, taking his opportunity to find that figure.

“J-jeongmin hyung?” the younger tensed a bit. Gazing to any direction then biting his lips. He gazed Donghyun who was staring back at him with same mimic of confusion.

“Have you seen him? He’s there just a minute ago.” Hyunseong pointed the bench under an oak tree.

“H-hyung, what are you talking about?” Minwoo asked, stuttering.

“He won’t wait me even just a minute. Is he that busy?” Hyunseong kept talking about the curly boy, not noticed that the guy in front of him gazing him with worry.

Minwoo glanced Donghyun with ‘What should we do?’ look. And the elder has rubbing his temples and sigh.

“Ah.. And I miss him really much. It’s like I don’t meet him for years now.” Hyunseong grinned as looking at the box of chocolate in his hand.

“Hyunseong-ah, it has been a week. Jeongmin is… he was-”

“Busy? Or he mad at me? Ohh.. What should I do that he actually mad toward me? Should I give him a bucket of flowers?”

“Hyunseong..” Donghyun tried to cut his words. But the said boy didn’t bother as kept talking.

“Or mirror… ah no, he already have too many mirror in his room. Or-”

“Hyunseong, LISTEN TO ME!” Donghyun yelled at the boy with teary eyes, and Minwoo beside him have tears flowed from his eyes.

“What? Hey, why you two look so… weird.” Hyunseong frowned to see the expression of his two friends.

“Come with us, we will show you where is Jeongmin.”

“Hyung, how-“

“Trust me.” Donghyun cut of Minwoo’s word and gave the young boy warm look.

“What had happened exactly?” Hyunseong felt confuse to the two guys random chat. He has no idea what was their talking about.

“Just come with us.” Donghyun said and made Hyunseong following him to the car.

 

“Jeongmin always sat here beside me when all of us going around the city. And I would carry him when he asleep.” Hyunseong murmured as through his hand over the seat.

“And you know. I have a nightmare that I lost him, and it always repeated every night. On that nightmare Jeongmin leave me alone in this world. But I know that it just a nightmare. Because he promised that we will always together forever.” Hyunseong continued.

“Hyung, don’t you remember something happened on this week?” Minwoo tried to ask Hyunseong who looked outside over the window.

“I don’t know, the thing I remember is I want to meet Jeongmin and I miss him so much.” Hyunseong replied. Made the younger sighed and looking at Donghyun who has his concentration on the road.

“Eoh? Why you bring me here?” Hyunseong asked when they were arrived at the funeral.

“I want to meet my Jeongmin. We went to the wrong place.” Hyunseong denied and taking a step behind before Donghyun pulled his arms to follow him.

Minwoo just gazed them with wet and reddened eyes, until they arrived at the grave with Jeongmin’s name on it.

“Don’t you dare kidding me like this, it’s not funny. Jeongmin is somewhere and still alive!” hyunseong yelled when he read the grace stone.

“Hyunseong-“

“No. it’s not him.”Hyunseong began to running away from Donghyun and Minwoo who just standing on those place.

“Hyunseong!” Donghyun ran after him and grabbing his wrist tightly.

“That’s not him. No..” Hyunseong kneeled as sobbing so hard, rubbing his face with his free hand.

“Hyunseong please, just take the reality.”

“It’s just a dream, right? The thing that should I do is wake up from this nightmare.” Hyunseong stood up and shook Donghyun’s shoulder.

“Please, I want to wake up.” He cried.

“It’s the reality, Hyunseong. Jeongmin wasn’t here and won’t be here anymore.”

“No, he will be waiting for me when he decided to go. He won’t leave me. He’s maybe on my place and waiting for me to come back.” Hyunseong still denied. He pulled out his hand from Donghyun’s grip before running to the road. Stopping taxi and disappear from their sight.

“He’s stubborn.” Donghyun whispered quietly.

“I’m worried about him.” Minwoo said as tugging the sleeve of Donghyun’s sweater.

“Me too.”

 

 

“No. I’m sure that Jeongmin still alive. The incident that happened a week ago is just my nightmare.” Hyunseong murmured those word over and over until he reach his room.

The day when he saw Jeongmin’s body fell from the rooftop was just his nightmare, right?

The blood which rolled down from Jeongmin’s head wasn’t real at all. That just a horrible dream because when he opened his eyes he was on his bed.

And he had seen Jeongmin on the road and on the bench today. So, maybe that was just a dream. No, no doubt, it just a dream.

“I should wake up and telling Jeongmin this funny story then.” Hyunseong rushed toward his bed room. There were mess and everything spread off on the floor.

He took a broken glass on the floor and through it on his arms. He giggled and made another cut on his arms. The blood showed up from the wound, but it was like Hyunseong felt nothing. His smile grew bigger as laid back on the bed.

“This not real, even now I can’t feel the cut on my wrist. Haha” He laughed out loud, looking at the empty place beside him. Jeongmin used to lay there with him. He took the pillow and drew J-E-O-N-G-M-I-N on it with his own blood.

“Nightmare, it is just nightmare. And I will wake up in the next morning with Jeongmin beside me.” Hyunseong’s face has been pale as blood rushing off from his veins and flowing over the wound.

“I should sleep and open up my eyes when the morning came.” Hyunseong mumbled again.

He didn’t bother to open his eyes even he heard a loud knock on his locked door.

“Good night.” Hyunseong mumbled with eyes already closed, but smile still lingering on his face.

 

 

End~