Fin

The Break Up

 

 

Summer 2015. We break up.

 

The wind blows, the sun shines, petals fall. Everything is normal the way it is. But I guess my heart is shattered.

 

It's alright, I didn't even shed a tear. I expected this to happen, even when it came just a little bit faster than I wanted it to be. I'm thankful that he was the one who said those words, I would have delayed it until forever. This has to happen. We will have to go on our own ways, live our own lives. Love stories like ours are meant to be forgotten.

 

He will definitely meet his dream woman, marry her and have beautiful children. Then he will be a wonderful dad, just like his wish. I'm sorry I won't be able to do those things for him, nor be there with him when those events happen.

 

High school was great with him. We promised to meet each other in a higher place, with our backs straight and we can proudly say that we were each other's. We promised.

 

But I want to cry. I wish I never have met him. My life would have been less eventful and passionate, right? My life would have been nothing, until he walked in.

 

Same-aged friends. A couple. Promises. Just those and four years passed, we have to say farewell to each other with our own dreams ahead.

 

Graduation came unwanted. We hugged each other and he asked, "Are you ready.", so sure of the answer lingering on the tip of my tongue. I said yes, he breathed out lightly, "Let's break up.".

 

I lost my breath.

 

His eyes, his smile, his tall figure, I will never forget.

His touch, his love, his heart, I will keep it in my heart.

 

Wonshik, I loved him.

 

 

 

(picture credit: Undurchsichtig @Deviantart)