One of those days

One of those days

ONE OF THOSE DAYS

He input his password and opened the door of his apartment. When he went inside he didn’t bother turning on the lights, he took off his shoes and hung his coat in the wardrobe next to the entrance. Then, he walked blindly through his place until he reached his couch and almost crawled into the fluffiness. He felt so worn out and kind of blue. Why was he like that?

Maybe because today wasn’t a really good day at all. At work, his director kept nagging him about how hoarse and difficult his voice was today; it wasn’t his fault, he was taking care of himself but he ended up with a little cold and his vocal chords weren’t cooperative enough. Don’t get him wrong, he really loved singing but not when someone else was trying to make it difficult for you. When Minwoo or Eric directed him the nagging was… gentler, in a sort of weird way though.

He was absentminded, bashing in his own self-pity and sadness. A part of him wanted to sleep right away but this other part inside him didn’t want to sleep because that meant the next morning would come and he needed to head back to the studio. No, no, he just wanted to tuck himself down the blankets and perhaps… perhaps having someone beside to lull him.

Suddenly, the loneliness struck him hard. It has been weeks since the last time both of them had a proper talk or a proper meal together. Not among Shinhwa, but just the two of them. It was like they were drifting away and even when Hyesung really wanted to spend time with his boyfriend, the recording and his multiple task wasn’t really helping none of them.

Sigh.

How much he needed Eric right now. The leader could knew how to cheer him up with his silly jokes and his endless spoiling. The lead singer stared at his phone over the tea table and hesitated to reach for it; maybe Eric was busy and he didn’t want to disturb him, no matter how bad he felt right now and how much he missed Eric’s presence. Hyesung just couldn’t be selfish enough to ask for some attention; that wasn’t him.

He felt something funny in his chest, is was tightening around his heart and suddenly his eyes pooled with tears. He wanted the warmness of a pair of long arms entangled around him, rocking him in a sweet way. And do nothing more than drift to sleep in his arms.

Hyesung reached for his mobile in order to send a text message but, as always, Eric’s text came first.

‘I’m going home, babe…’

The sudden realization of his emptiness and the over work load made Hyesung whimpered in frustration. He curled into a ball, hugging a cushion and held his frustration, at least until Eric showed up.

40 minutes later, the door opened and the leader walked into the darkness. He didn’t need to be really smart to know where Hyesung was and why the apartment was in a total blackout.

It was one of those days.

One of those days for him too, with a hell of over work at the office, many scripts to review and a nagging Minwoo. It was one of those days when somehow his own soul felt funny, like something was happening to his other half; maybe it was cliché, but Eric once realized that feeling sick or tired or extremely blue was because his soul mate was just the same. That feeling was like a sixth sense to him, and he never told anyone how much this sixth sense had developed towards Hyesung. Maybe, the rest would find it funny and stupid.

“Hey…,” Eric called in a soft voice, and kneeled in front of Hyesung. “Are you okay, baby?” Hyesung sniffed and shook his head, pouting. “Do you want to tell me?” Again, Hyesung said no. “Ok, then. Come here…”

Eric stood up and brought Hyesung a bit up just to slid below him and hold him in his arms. Hyesung struggled a bit until he found the right spot in Eric’s arms. The lead singer sneaked his arms around Eric’s torso and buried his head into the crook of his neck. Eric just rocked his body and rubbed his back.

“I missed you, Pilkyo-ah,” Eric kissed his temple and watched how Hyesung relaxed in his arms, but never let him go.

The leader kept quiet while the vocalist leaned his face into his neck; he felt the brush of Hyesung’s lips in his skin and almost shivered with the feeling.

“Eric-ah…,” Hyesung looked straight into his dark brown eyes. “I miss you,” he pouted and Eric felt all mushy.

“I’m right here, baby,” Eric chuckled and slid his fingers through his cheek. “Did you take a bath?” Hyesung shook his head. “Do you want to?” Hyesung shook again and tightened his embrace. “Ok, ok. I’ll like the smelly you anyway,” the Little Prince snuggled closer dismissing his boyfriend’s statement.

He just wanted to be in his arms. Just for tonight, he wanted to be rotten spoiled without anyone nagging about it. And he was sure Eric loved spoiling him, so there was no harm, right?

A couple of minutes later, he felt how Eric picked him up –bridal style- and walked through the darkness into his bedroom, placing him in the middle of the bed. Hyesung whined when Eric left his side and the leader almost sneered at him.

“You’re one of a rotten spoiled brat,” Eric told him once he was beside him.

“So what?” Hyesung snuggled against his body and Eric hugged him tightly. “You love me anyway.”

“Yeah. I do,” Eric smiled and enjoyed the feeling of having his boyfriend in his arms. “It was one of those days, huh?”

Hyesung sighed and nodded. “Can I just stay here? In your arms?”

“Sure,” Eric smiled and kissed his forehead again. “I love you, Pilkyo.”

“I love you too, Eric,” Hyesung leaned a bit to meet Eric’s lips in a gentle and warm kiss.

Neither of them got off each other soon. They kept kissing each other, mixing their breaths and caressing with so much love and caring. Even when both were exhausted and worn out from the horrible day they had; also they knew that the presence of each other was the best medicine they could have.

The apartment went silent after their make out session; just sweet touches and kisses all over them and their hearts were at peace, because it didn’t matter how tired they were, or how pissed off they were. They were together. And that was enough.

 

Laaaame ending, I know.