Please Come Back ~

Regret

 tumblr_midxmk7P3d1s2shiro1_500.gif

 

 

Daehyun took a step forward to the picture of his beloved wife, Song Jieun. The picture captured an image of a beautiful young woman smiling at the camera. She was so beautiful there wasn't enough words to describe her beauty. "Hey Jieun, how are you today?" He asked. "I am sure you're happy where ever you are and I just wanted to thank you for looking after me all these years even after what I had done to you," He smiled bitterly.

“At times like this I get really lonely and miss you a lot. I regret everything I have done to you and I wish you could come back to me.” A tear escaped his eyes. He roughly wiped them away but seconds later a flood of tears began dripping down. “I probably look really pathetic right now, right?” He chuckled. “I just wish to go back to those old days when you were here with me.”

 

“Yah Song Jieun, is this all you have?” Eunmi the ‘queen-ka’ scoffed as she snatched the money off from her hand. “I am sorry this is all I can afford.” Though it was hard to hear what she was saying against all the weeping it was almost audible. “Stop crying like a baby Jieun-ah,” Minah, Eunmi’s friend, said as she pushed Jieun against the lockers. This was basically Jieun’s everyday process; her coming to school, getting bullied and going home with a bunch of bruises and cuts.

But somehow today seemed different. Jieun had confidence that today wouldn’t be the same as every day. She didn’t know why but she felt it. “Yah Jieun, are you ignoring me?” Eunmi yelled as Jieun just realised that she was talking to her. “Wh..what did you say?” Jieun stuttered. “I can’t believe you. Where did you get the nerves to ignore me? Do you wanna get punched?” Eunmi said standing up from her chair.

She pushed Jieun to the floor and raised her hand to give Jieun a smack but was stopped midway. “WHO IS IT?” Eunmi said irritated as she turned around. “Dae..daehyun oppa?” She was shocked at who the person was. The school’s beloved king-ka and Jieun's long time crush, Daehyun stood right in front of her. “Ey don’t you think this is a bit too much,” Daehyun said. “O..oppa I wasn’t going to hit her. I was just stretching,” Eunmi said flustered.

“Sure you were(!),” Daehyun replied sarcastically. He turned to face Jieun and said, “Jagiya, are you alright?” Jieun sat there shocked and wide eyed. “Ja..jagiya?” Minah and Eunmi stuttered. “Yeah this girl right here is my girlfriend and if I see any one of you hurting her, the consequences will not be good,” He said emphasising the last part. “Yeah oppa,” they both gulped.

“Now scram,” He growled as both of them fled away. As soon as they left Daehyun ran to Jieun who was still shocked from the scene before. “Hey, are you alright?” He asked much more calmer than he was before. “Yes thank you very much for helping me,” Jieun whispered. “No worries,” He smiled. He offered his hand which Jieun gladly took and pulled her up. He brushed her dress a bit and gave her his charming smile.

“So what’s your name?” He asked. “Jieun. Song Jieun,” Jieun answered. “Well Jieun you have a beautifu name and nice to meet you. I am Jung Daehyun,” He said. “I already know,” Jieun chuckled. “What do you mean?” He asked confusedly. “What I mean is I know that you’re Daehyun. I mean who wouldn’t, you’re the most treasured king-ka of this school,” Jieun smiled. “I don’t think I am that popular,” He replied.

“Trust me you are. I just hope no one sees me with you,” Jieun said as she looked around. “What do you mean?” He asked a bit hurt. “I mean I don’t want crazed fans haunting me cause I am with their ‘oppa’,” Jieun chuckled. “Come. I’ll drop you off,” Daehyun gestured. “That is not necessary,” Jieun refused. “Come on. I don’t want you to get hurt again,” Daehyun insisted with an aegyo.

'Wah he’s so cute,' Jieun mentally squealed. “Fine if you put it that way,” Jieun said giving up. “Yay, now let’s go,” He grabbed her hand and led the way. 'He’s so charming' Jieun thought while looking at his side profile in awe. “Am I that handsome?” Daehyun asked. Jieun snapped back to reality and blushed really hard. “Aw are you blushing? Keopta,” Daehyun chuckled. “I..I wasn’t looking,” Jieun said looking away.

“I was just kidding,” He said still chuckling. “We have to go through that now,” Jieun said pointing to the dark alley way. “Aren’t you scared going past this?” Daehyun asked. “I am but this is the only way I can reach my home,” Jieun pouted. “Well what are we waiting for,” Daehyun said dragging her along. As they walked past Jieun tripped over something, afraid she tightened the grip on Daehyun’s hand.

“Are you scared?” Daehyun whispered. Jieun just nodded in response. The next thing he did made Jieun more flustered and her heart raced really quickly. He carried her in a bridal style. “Hold onto me tightly,” Daehyun said. Jieun just did as she was told. After they reached to the end of the alley way he gently placed her down. “My house is just down the corner,” Jieun said.

"Let’s go then,” He said walking in front of her. “Thank you so much for dropping me off,” Jieun bowed. “Don’t be so formal Jieunnie. I hope you don’t mind me calling you that,” He asked. “It’s fine,” Jieun smiled. “Since I am going to call you Jieunnie you can call me Daehyun oppa," He said with a smile. "Alright oppa," Jieun chuckled. "Oh and since you’re scared of the alley way I’ll come pick you up tomorrow. Don’t leave without me,” Daehyun said waving.

“Bye Daehyun oppa,” Jieun waved back. 'Ahhhhh he said he’ll come pick me up,' Jieun thought as she happily skipped inside her house. “I’m home,” Jieun yelled. “Jieun-ah who was that handsome boy? Your boyfriend?” Her mum . “Umma,” Jieun whined. “Araso, Araso,” Her mum chuckled as she went back into the kitchen. "But umma don't you think he is handsome?" Jieun said resting her head on her mum's back.

"Like I said I do think that young man is handome," Her mum smiled. "I'll go freshen up," Jieun said heading upstairs to her room. She took a quick shower and dried her hair. She jumped on her bed and layed down. She smiled as she thought back to what Daehyun had told her. “Oh and since you’re scared of the alley way I’ll come pick you up tomorrow. Don’t leave without me." Jieun smiled and squealed into her pillow.

 

"Those moments I cherish the most," Daehyun smiled. "I really miss you Jieunnie. I miss your cute aegyo, your electrifying touches, your sweet kisses and your love." Daehyun walked out the house and sat down on a bench near the park. He pulled out Jieun's picture out of his pocket and stared at it. "I miss the way you took care of me even if the problem wasn't even that serious, you always put me first before yourself."

 

Knock. "Oppa," Jieun called out. "Oppa, open the door." After few loud groans and he finally opened the door. Jieun's handsome flawless boyfriend looked like a complete wreck. His hair all messy, clothes harshly put on, not to mention the bad odour coming out of him. "Oppa have you seen youself in the mirror?" Jieun asked horrified. "What is it Jieunnie?" He mumbled. It looks like he just woke up.

"I was worried about you," Jieun pouted. He sighed before letting her inside his house. "I heard about ace. I am really sorry about your loss. I know how much he meant to you," Jieun said. Ace was Daehyun's beloved dog, he was really precious to him as he was his mother's last present before she passed away. They went through thick and thin together. Ace was his source of energy aside from Jieun.

"I just can't believed he's gone now," Daehyun said sobbing a little. Jieun rushed by his side and gave him a tight hug. "Don't worry just think that he's at a better place now," Jieun comforted him. "I guess you're right," Daehyun sniffed. "Oppa close your eyes and stay still, araso?" Jieun said. "Huh? Why?" Daehyun asked confused. "Just do it oppa," Jieun cutely whined clutching onto his hands.

"Fine, fine," Daehun sighed in defeat and closed his eyes. After about 2 minutes Jieun came back. "You can open your eyes now oppa," Jieun said. "Jieun, how long...," Daehyun stopped talking as he saw Jieun holding a cute maltese in her hands. Daehyun immediately walked towards the dog and started it. "When did you buy this bad boy?" Daehyun asked caressing his head.

"I bought it yesterday. For you," Jieun smiled handing him the dog. "For me?" Daehun asked accepting him into his arms. It seems like the dog had a good first impression of Daehyun as he seemed comfortable in his arms. "Yeah I thought you would be a little lonely without ace so I got you Daeji," Jieun said. "Daeji? Why pig?" Daehyun laughed. "Daeji stands for Daehyun oppa's Dae and Jieunnie's Ji," Jieun said.

"Ah Jieun why are you so cute?" Daehyun said pinching her cheeks. "Ah it hurts," Jieun pouted rubbing her cheeks to ease the pain. "So oppa do you like him?" Jieun asked. "Of course I do. He's adorable," Daehyun smiled at the puppy that was cutely looking at his reflection in the mirror. "But Jieunnie how did you afford to buy him? As far as I know maltese cost a lot," Daehyun asked.

"I arranged the money somehow. Ah I am so hungry I am going to the kitchen," Jieun stood up avoiding the question. Daehyun quickly grabbed her hands and pulled her back. "How did you arrange it?" Daehyun strenly asked looking into her eyes. She felt a bit intimidated by him but she gave up and told him. "Oppa you know the money I was saving up for college," She started. "Jieun don't tell me you used that money," Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows.

"I did," She said tearing up a little."But why? I know how much that college meant to you," Daehyun sighed. "But you're more important to me and I don't want you to stay miserable. I always want to you smile and stay happy," Jieun said nearly on the verge of crying. "Aw come here," Daehyun then pulled her into his arms. Jieun weeped but she felt the love and comfort which made her feel all better.

 

Daehyun wiped the tears off his face. "Ah thinking about you always gives me mixed felings. Talking about memories do you remember when I proposed to you? Haha it was so awkward wasn't it?" Daehyun laughed loudly. "Ah I wish I could go back to time so I could propose to you again however in a much more cool and sophisticated way. But we both know that's never gonna happen," He scoffed.

 

"Ah the weather tonight is so beautiful isn't it oppa?" Jieun smiled laying down looking at the stars. "Hm? Yeah," Daehyun replied. "What's wrong oppa? You seem a little lost today," Jieun asked worriedly. "Um it's nothing. Don't worry," He said. Jieun turned to face Daehyun. He was sweating a bit which was weird since it was quite breezy. 'Maybe he's worried about his school work' Jieun thought.

Jieun scooted over and wrapped her arms around Daehyun's waist. "Is something troubling you lately oppa?" Jieun asked. "Ani .. why do you think that?" Daehyun replied. "Cause I have been noticing that you're not yourself today. What happened to my loud and cute oppa?" Jieun pouted as she pinched his cheeks. "Yah that hurts," Daehyun yelled rubbing his cheeks as Jieun laughed.

"There's something I've been meaning to tell you these days," Daehyun started. "What is it?" Jieun innocently asked. "Well you know how we've been dating for 3 years now and I love you," He continued. "Yeah," Jieun said slowly nodding. "Well basically I want you to know that I love you," Daehyun wiped the sweat off his forehead. "I know oppa." Jieun smiled.

"And that I will always love you and something might happen but I will still love you. We might be closer after this .. I mean I think we will be and ..," Daehyun made no sense what so ever so Jieun interupted his 'speech'. "Oppa, are you proposing to me?" Jieun chuckled. Daehyun bowed down his head and cutely nodded. "Aw my cute oppa couldn't you have just said 'I love you, please marry me?'" Jieun said still giggling.

"I practiced a lot but my nerves got the best of me. I'm a failure," Daehyun pouted. "Oppa stand up," Jieun said pulling him up. "Why?" Daehyun asked. Jieun kneeled down on one knee and extented her hands for Daehyun to hold. "Jung Daehyun, will you take me Song Jieun as your wife?" Jieun asked. Daehyun was a bit embarassed since he should be doing this however he played along.

"Why yes, I will gratefully accept this proposal" Daehyun said as he kissed the back of Jieun's hand causing her to blush a little. "Now stand up. I don't want my future wife to get dirt on her," Daehyun said pulling her off the floor and dusting off some dirt. "I am glad that my future husband takes care of these little things," Jieun smiled. "Of course from now on I will take care of the littlest things that involves you." They gazed into each others eyes and kissed passionately underneath the bright moon.

   

Daehyun smiled bitterly as he tightly clutched onto his bouquet. He stared deeply at the content in front of him. This was Jieun's home, Jieun's grave. He smiled widely as he placed the bouquet in front of her grave. He gently wiped off the cobwebs from the writing on her gravestone. He always came to meet her now and then but it still wasn't enough to content his feelings.

Song Ji Eun

1990 – 2012

A loving wife and daughter

Will always be loved and remembered

"If only I hadn't met her. If only I hadn't took interest in her. If only I could've stopped before taking it too far," Daehyun sighed as he scrunched up the can of coke he just finsihed drinking. "Why must I be an idiot that always fails to see and understand that what I have is the most important thing to me. I wish all this never had happened and you would be here with me right now."

 

"Jieun I am leaving for work now," Daehyun yelled. "Wait," Jieun yelled back from their room. "What is it?" Daehyun asked. "You forgot to put your tie on," Jieun smiled. "Put it on for me then," Daehyun grabbed her by the waist pulling her closer. Jieun chuckled a bit and started putting on the tie. "Can you come home early today?" Jieun asked. "Why?" He asked. "I have something to tell you," She answered.

"Alright I'll try to," Daehyun said giving her a kiss on the lips before walking out the door. As soon as Daehyun left the smile from Jieun's face disappeared. She's been noticing the changes about Daehyun now a days. He's been coming home late from work, he's always on the phone texting to someone particular, when he comes back from home he always smells of women's perfume, one that Jieun definitely does not use.

It's time she finds out what her husband is up to. She also left the house 2 minutes later so it doesn't seem suspicious. She followed him from behind maintaining a safe distance so she doesn't get caught. After few minutes Daehyun stopped at a hotel. "Going to work, huh?" Jieun scoffed as she parked the car. She grabbed a hat, scarf and glasses and put them on. She quickly followed him inside the elevator.

She was lucky there were many others with her otherwise she would've got caught. She could feel her heart racing fast as he was just behind her. She was mentally praying and hoping that he would leave this elevator as soon as posible. As in command her wishes came true, Daehyun sqeeuzed past her an exited the elevator. Jieun hurriedly followed behind him.

"Isn't this oppa's private office he rarely even uses?" Jieun thought. Luckily Daehyun had asked Jieun to keep the spare key of the office in case he loses it and she always kept it with her. As quite as she could entered the room. "If I see another woman here, oppa the consequences will not be good," Jieun growled and searched around the office. Jieun had never been here before but she didn't expect the office to be this big.

Just when she was about to lose hope and leave she heard some faint voices coming from the room across the coridoor. Jieun quitely approached the room and opened the door only a tiny bit just enough for her to peek in and listen to their conversation. She looked around the room and gasped when she saw Hana, her best friend, sitting so comfortably in her husband's lap.   

"Oppa," She softly whispered into Daehyun's ears. "Um Hana-ya," Daehyun answered back. "Aren't you afraid that Jieunnie will find out about this one day," Hana asked while playing around with his tie. "Hana why do you worry so much Jieunnie. You knwo how innocent she is. Don't worry she'll never know," He replied pecking Hana's lips. In rage Jieun brust the door open.

Shocked, both Hana and Daehyun looked towards the door. "Jieunnie?" They both said at the same time. "Oppa I can't believe you would do this to me. And Hana I trusted you so much. I treated you like my sister. How could the both of you do this to me?" Jieun yelled as tears flowed down her cheeks. She fell on the floor as she legs ran out of energy. Hana stood up and walked towards Jieun. One thing Hana hated was seeing Jieun cry.

However she soon stopped walking when Jieun said, "Don't come near me, neither of you." Jieun wiped her tears and stood up. "Jieun-ah listen to me I can explain," Daehyun said. "Don't. There's nothing to explain and anything you're gonna say is all going lies anyway," Jieun said running away. "Jieun-ah," Daehyun chased after her. "Jieun-ah please stop and listen to me."

Jieun ran out the building and entered her car. She hastily drove out the parking lot. Soon later Daehyun followed her from behind while trying to call her phone. As expected Jieun ignored his calls. Jieun's sight was blurred because of the tears on her eyes which caused it difficult fo her to see. "Why is she driving so rough?" Daehyun said worriedly. Suddenly Jieun drove on the wrong side of the road.

A truck collied with her and sent her car flying. "JIEUN-AH!" Daehyun cried shocked at the scene he just saw. He ran out his car and ran towards Jieun's car. When he reached there he saw half of Jieun's body hanging from the car. He slowly walked towards her and cried. He carefully pulled her out the car and layed her body on his laps. He cupped her face and weeped. "Someone please call the ambulance," Daehyun begged.

Nodding, someone called for the ambulance. "O-oppa?" Jieun whispered. "Ji-jieun-ah are you awake?" Daehyun asked tugging her hair away from her face. Jieun grabbed his hand and kissed it. "Op-pa it really hurts," she cried. "Don't worry the ambulance is on it's way. Just stay awake till then," Daehyun said. "I have something to tell you," Jieun blinked from time to time to cease the pain.

"Shh don't say anything if it pains you," Daehyun stopped her obviously seeing her in pain. "No oppa. It's really important," Jieun said. "What is it?" Daehyun caressed her cheeks a little. "You know when I told you to come home early," Daehyun nodded, "it was to tell you that you were gonna be a dad soon." Daehyun's eyes widened. He opened his mouth but nothing came out.

He kissed her forehead and smiled. "You mean to say you're pregnant?" Daehyun asked. Jieun smiled and nodded. "Oh Jieun why didn't you tell me earlier?" Daehyun said. "Because I wanted it to be my anniversary present for you," Jieun said. Daehyun felt a pang of guilt when he realised that it's been a year since they were married and he wasn't there for her when she needed him the most.

"Jieun I - I am so sorry for not being there for you," Daehyun's grip on Jieun's hand became tighter. "Ani it's ok oppa. Sure I was angry at first but then I realised I love you too much," Jieun said. "I am sorry to leave you at a time like this oppa. I hope you can forgive." Daehyun shook his head. "Ani Jieun nothing is going to happen to you. And I am sorry for breaking your trust," Deahyun replied.

"It really hurts oppa," Jieun said in pain. "Don't worry the ambulance will be here soon. Just stay with me till then," Daehyun wiped the sweat off her forehead. "I can't oppa I feel really sleepy," Jieun said. "No, just a little longer please Jieun I beg you," Daehyun asked. "Oppa .. can you come .. closer," Jieun stuttered a little. Listening to her, he came closer. Jieun lifted herself a little and pecked him on the lips.

"I can't stand the pain any longer oppa. I am really sorry and remember that I always love you no matter what ..," Jieun slowly closed her eyes. "Ji-ji eun," He shook her body a little. When he got no response he started to get worried. "Jieun wake up, please Jieun you can't leave me. JIEUN!" Daehyun yelled as he pulled Jieun's body closer to his. "Jieun I love you too," Daehyun whispered.

 

"Jieun I know you're here somewhere and that you're listening to everything I am saying right now," Daehyun looked around. "I am going to take this opportunity to apologise to you again, even though I know no matter how much I say sorry you're never going to come back. I am really sorry Jieun-ah, I hope you truly forgive me," Daehyun before walking away. "Of course I forgive you oppa," Jieun said looking at Daehyun's retreating figure. "I always have."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I know. It's been ages since I have updated to this story but I hope you're pleased with the ending and if not then I am sorry. This took me ages to write and I hope you guys appreciate it. If there has been any grammer or spelling mistakes then I am sorry again. I am really hyped up about EXO these days. I always ignored them thinking that they were just looks no talent but I have to say these guys are no joke. I have been a fan since wolf/growl era and I always feel sad that I payed no attention to them quicker. EXO Showtime is just awesome, every litte bit of it.My bias is no other than our own deer boy, Luhan. Just look at this perfection, how can you not love this guy: