Chapter 2: Everyone Has Feelings

Only Human (HIATUS/Restructuring)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyunki’s POV

After the paramedics came, they took my mother’s body via ambulance to the hospital. The doctors took her body to the morgue and allowed us to say our final goodbyes. Everything was going well; until Haneul had a panic attack/asthma attack. All the stress and trauma of the day had finally caught up to her and she threw a fit.

Flashback

The doctor stood next to my mother’s body in the ward “Now that you all said goodbyes, we will now continue with the normal procedures. Nurse, you may lock the body in the storage unit for now and tomorrow the body will be examined.”

As the nurse closed the storage unit, Haneul’s face went through a display of emotions. Her face showed sadness, confusion, and anger. Distancing herself from Sayuri and me, she walked up to the doctor and yelled. “No! We not leave her here!”

Sayuri and I went to her side at once and was about to explain what was happening to her, but the doctor beat us to it.
“Little girl, I know this is hard for you and I’m sorry for your loss, but don’t be stupid. Your mother has to stay here because she is dead. And because she is dead; we need to perform an autopsy tomorrow to confirm the reason for her death. Is that understood?”

Sayuri and I glared at the unsympathetic doctor. He clearly didn’t know anything about my sister’s condition, but the guy could’ve been nicer. Hell even the nurse gave him a dirty look. We both tried to calm her down, but it was too late.  Hanuel’s tears were already pouring down her face and her breathing became heavy. “NO I DON UNDERSTAND! BUT I KNOW MY MOMMY IS DEAD! I NOT STUPID! DON CALL ME THAT AGAIN, MEANIE DOCTOR!”

By this point, her breathing sounded very forced and I didn’t like hearing her gasp for air. The doctor looked like he was about to argue with her so I intervened. “Just shut up and don’t fight her! Don’t bother to explain to her because we’ll do that just apologize and leave!”

The doctor looked at me with fury in his eyes. “Apologize?! Why should I be apologizing?! I told her the truth. She should be apologizing to me for snapping at me!”

Hearing that he wasn’t going to apologize made Hanuel even more upset. “I NOT APOLOGIZING! YOU CALL ME STUPID, SO YOU APOLOGI-…!” She didn’t get to finish her statement because right then and there she collapsed due to the lack of oxygen and stress level. The nurse pushed the doctor out of the way and got my sister on a stretcher and into an examination room.

Flashback End

Now Sayuri and I sat in Haneul’s hospital room and talked about how we would handle life now that we would live with my father. Our new doctor said he’d be here tomorrow to take us “home.” I let out a sigh and looked at Haneul. She was sleeping peacefully with the oxygen mask on her face. I ran my hands through my hair. “Look at her, she seems so peaceful. Tomorrow, we’re moving in with our father and who knows what he’ll do to her and to us.”

Sayuri moved her chai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter