Final

Escape

Myungsoo is a boy who lives with his father. Her mother had divorced with his father when he is 5 years old. He always wish that her mother will bring him with her. His father always beat him whenever he is drunk or angry for some odd reason.

You treat me like a trash - even though I do nothing bad to you

Myungsoo never understands why did his father always beat him. "Why didn't he like me?" That questions always come across his mind. Myungsoo never makes his father angry. "Maybe I remind him of Mother."  He never know the reason why his parents divorce. His father just will kick him if he ask the question. Myungsoo sigh when he thinks how bad his life are.

Whenever you call my name - I will try to hide but you will find me easily

"Myungsoo-ah!" His father shout. Myungsoo quickly try to hide even though he knows that his father will find him. When his father didn't hear a response, he will run to his son's room. Myungsoo knows that his father will hit him harder if he locks the door and hide but it becomes a habit. He is too scared to have an eye contact with his father. "Myungsoo-ah, you know that I will find you." Myungsoo look up to see his father smirking at him. Pain started to creep onto Myungsoo's body when the first punch comes towards him. 

I try my best not to scream at the pain - but you know that it is not easy

After Myungsoo's father anger had loosen a bit he will let Myungsoo alone at the room. No matter how it hurts, Myungsoo did not scream because that will just make his father angrier than he had already is. Myungsoo's body if full with scars and bruise. Mostly it is from his father and some of it is from himself. He did not kill himself because that is only for stupid person. He had already enduring the pain, why would he do something that will be more painful?

I had a wish - to have freedom like the others do

Myungsoo looks out at the small window. He can see the smiling kids playing with their friends happily. He always want to have friends to play with and freedom. Yes, freedom is the thing that he really want to feel. Everyone else can have freedom, what is the difference that makes him can have freedom? He knows that it is a stupid wish but maybe he can try to fulfill his wish. 

I had decided my mind - I will follow the path that I choose

Myungsoo had decided which path he want to go. He wants to leave the house, that is the only way that he can have freedom. He take the money that he had hide for years. His mom give a lot of money to him before she leave and never come back. Myungsoo put the money inside his pocket and make his way to the door. His father will come back home soon, so he need to leave fast.

Taking a breath outside - I never expect it to be this good

When Myungsoo unlock the door, he held out the breath that he unconsciously held. He smile when he see the outside world which is the reason why he even have the courage to leave the house. He knows that the air outside is better than inside the house but he never expect it to be so good. I am sure I make a right choice.

I hear your voice - asking me to come back to the h e l l

Myungsoo walk or to be exact, run quickly. He needs to leave the neighborhood fast so that his father can't catch him. Much to his dismay, he hear the same familiar voice calling his name. The voice that he never want to hear again. "Myungsoo-ah, where do you think you are going?" The sweet voice call him and Myungsoo know very well that it is not sweet but the other way round. "Come inside the house, Myungsoo-ah!"

I had done a lot to come here - do you expect me to come back to where I from?

Myungsoo thought of going back there since he is too scared at the fact that his father is watching him. Myungsoo bit his lower lips. "You punk, come back here I say!" His father shout at him. Myungsoo turn around, facing his father. He smirk a bit despite the fear that is trying to conquer him. What he say next shock his father. "You punk, do you think I will listen to you again?" With that, he quickly run.

I'm also quite shock by my action - but at least I am free now

Myungsoo almost had a heart attack. He doesn't know where did he get the courage from. Maybe it is from the desire of having freedom that I have been longing for. Myungsoo thought and let out a sigh in relief. At least I am free now. He had leave the neighborhood and is wandering at the city of Seoul. He can see a lot of cars at the road and a lot of people around the city. 

I don't know why - the street is so familiar like I have walk on it for years

Myungsoo look at the path he is walking on. He don't know why but it feels like he had walk at the street of years. This is the first time I leave the house, why did it feels like I had leave home for years? Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows. Everything just feel so familiar. When did I see this street? Myungsoo look up to see that it is almost sunset. That's when it hit him hard.

Now I remember - the reason why I am out here

Every night, Myungsoo will always have the same dream. He will always leave the house and walk at the path he is walking now. He will look around, searching for someone that even he, himself doesn't know who. He will look up to see the sunset and with a huge smile, he run to the Han River. There, he will always see a boy who is sitting on one of the bench. The boy will turn around and smile, and Myungsoo knows that the boy's smile can beat the beauty of the river. The boy is too perfect for Myungsoo. However, before Myungsoo can walk to the boy, he will wake up. Ah, now I know why. The reason why I am here is to see if the boy is real or not. It is not because I want to have freedom.

I am curious about the boy - is he real or not?

Myungsoo is quite confused. The boy that appear in his dream is too perfect. However, what makes him more confused is where did he actually get the courage to leave the hell behind him just to see if the boy real or not. Well, he is already glad that he had leave his father. Almost there! Myungsoo smile when he see the river in his dream in front of him. Is he real or not?

I don't know if my eyes are tricking me or not - it seems like a fairytale

Exactly like the dream, Myungsoo see the boy at the bench. As expected, the boy will look up and smile at him. Myungsoo are almost blinded by his smile. How can someone so perfect like him even exist? When Myungsoo take a step forward to the boy, the boy smile wider at him. There is a sense of sadness at the boy's smile but it disappear so fast that Myungsoo barely see it. 

The confusion starts - why did everything begin to feel so familiar?

"Finally you come." The boy say with his angelic voice. "I thought that you will never come." The boy add and smile at Myungsoo. "Who are you?" Myungsoo manage to ask. He is too shock to know that the boy in front of him is waiting for his appearance. "I am Lee Sungyeol." The boy reply to Myungsoo's question. "Lee Sungyeol.." Myungsoo mumble. Strangely, the word is easily come out from Myungsoo's mouth like he had always say the name.

Why can't you tell me - will something happen if he answer that question?

Sungyeol smile when he see Myungsoo begin to rub the back of his head continuously. It is the habit that Myungsoo will do if he is confused or simply stuck in an awkward situation. "You must be confused. Sorry, but I can't tell you the answer." Sungyeol smile wider but this time the sadness can clearly be seen. Why can't you tell me? The words stuck inside Myungsoo's throat. No, there must be a reason why he can't tell you.

The confusion make my head hurts - but curiosity can beat the pain

Myungsoo's mind is full with questions. Why am I here? Who is this guy? The thought makes Myungsoo's head hurts so much. However, curiosity makes him keep on thinking. He really can't let curiosity make it's way under his wing, now it is killing him. A question won't hurt, right? Myungsoo looks up. He decide to ask the question that he is the most curious. "Why am I here?"

A smile plaster at his face - it looks like a satisfied smile

Sungyeol give Myungsoo a smile. Myungsoo wonder why did Sungyeol smile so much but the smile Sungyeol give him this time make him more curious. Why did the smile seems like a satisfied smile? Sungyeol look at the other. "Finally you ask." Sungyeol mutter and look at Myungsoo. "The reason why you are here because you need to choose your own path." Myungsoo raise an eyebrow. What is he saying?

Choosing my own path - what is he trying to tell?

"Why did I need to choose my own path?" Myungsoo say, trying to the answer out of the other's mouth. "That is another thing that I can't tell you." Sungyeol sigh. "You will know later so don't worry - if you still remember." Sungyeol look at Myungsoo, observing the other's expression. Myungsoo nod, telling the other that he understand. "Okay, then. Now, let's start." Sungyeol said and they are not at the river anymore. Now, there are only two path in front of the two of them.

It wouldn't be so hard - or maybe it is just my hope?

"There is two different path, the darkness and the light. I think you have seen those at the movies." Sungyeol state and point at the path. The light seems welcoming and the darkness looks creepy. "I have seen those. Do you mean that I should choose the path that the actors on movies choose?" Myungsoo asks, looking at the other who shook his head. "No. You need to choose it wisely, like your life depends on it."

Like my life depends on it - he is really full with surprise

Myungsoo walks and observes those path. In the movies, they always say to not go to the light and walk at the darkness. However, the darkness looks like they will anything in just a few second. "Please, choose wisely. Don't believe the movies or anything, believe in yourself." Myungsoo stare at Sungyeol's eyes. He seems like pleading. However, the expression change, leading to a result where Myungsoo can't read the other's emotion once again.

How can he hide his emotion so well - why must everything be so confusing?

Sungyeol will never tell anything that he really wants to know. Lee Sungyeol looks like an angel even though he just stand there, looking at the others. Myungsoo loves everything about Sungyeol especially his eyes. It can show a very little emotion and than make it unreadable. "Can't I just stay here?" Myungsoo suddenly ask out of the blue. "No." Sungyeol quickly reply and Myungsoo raise an eyebrow. "Why can't I?" 

No matter how hard it is - I need to force something out from Sungyeol's mouth

"It is another thing that I can't tell you." Sungyeol avoid Myungsoo's stare for the first time since Myungsoo reach the river. "Lies. You are lying, right?" Myungsoo smirk but then the smirk quickly turn into a frown when he see the other groan in pain. "Sungyeol-ah, are you okay?" Myungsoo ask, his face obviously telling that he is concern. "Ah, I am okay." Sungyeol give a weak smile but then the smile grew wider.

Maybe I shouldn't ask more question - what if something happen to him?

Myungsoo feels guilty flowing over him. Maybe I should start choosing my own path. What if something happen when I am asking more questions? Plus, what's with the groan? Myungsoo looks at the path that he had ask to choose. He knows for sure that he is not going at the darkness. "I have made up my mind. Now, what should I do?" Myungsoo face the other. "Walk at the path that you had choose and jump when you reach the end."

Is it that simple - or maybe it is just to trick me?

Myungsoo walks slowly to the light. "Ah!" He shout when his feet touch the light. It hurts so much. How does it feels if I choose the darkness? Myungsoo put his feet at the path and surprisingly, he does not feel the pain like when his feet touch the light. Maybe I should choose to walk at the darkness. Myungsoo grin but he immediately change his mind when he see the darkness. Maybe I should just choose to walk at the light.

Can I ask the last question - before I walk away?

"Sungyeol-ah." Myungsoo call the other's name softly. "Can I ask the last question before I leave?" Sungyeol nod his head. "Sure. What is it?" Myungsoo is hesitate at first but he decide to just walk with the flow. "Are you coming with me?" Myungsoo innocently look at Sungyeol. "I will tell you the answer. All you need to do is just walk and don't turn around." Sungyeol grin and Myungsoo nod. "Okay, then." With that, Myungsoo walk at the light path.

Maybe I should choose to walk at the darkness - but I want to know the answer so bad

Myungsoo feels like he will die because of the pain. It feels like a thousand knives is stabbing him. He hold the urge to shout. Should I turn around and choose the other path? No, Sungyeol say that he will tell me the answer if I didn't turn around. Myungsoo keep moving forward even though he feels like crying. He reach the end of the path. All you need to do now is jump. Without hesitation, he jump. Without Myungsoo knowing, a tear escape from Sungyeol's eyes. "I am sorry but the answer is a no... I can't come with you." Sungyeol turn around and walk at the other way. "I don't even know if I can meet you again, Myungsoo-ah but at least I had bring you out from the nightmare.."

 

--24 January 2013

"Mom, when will Myungsoo hyung wake up?" Myungsoo's younger brother, Moonsoon ask his mother. "Dear, I also don't know." Mrs. Kim reply, ruffling the other's hair. It has been a year since Myungsoo went in a coma state. "Mom, I want some juice." Moonsoon whine which make Mrs. Kim smile. "Okay, then. I will buy some juice for you. Don't go anywhere, okay?" Moonsoon nod his head and watch as his mother leave the room.

Moonsoon take his bag and to take his textbook to study. His eyebrows furrow when he try to solve the Math problems. Suddenly, he hear some noise, so he look up. Much to his shock, he see his brother slowly open his eyes. Because he is too shock, the textbook fall from his grip. "Moonsoon, are you okay?" Moonsoon turn around to face his mother. "Mom, Myungsoo hyung had wake up."


--25 January 2013

"There's nothing wrong with him so we can start the therapy tomorrow." The doctor say and Mrs. Kim sigh in relief. "Myungsoo-ah, do well at the therapy, okay? You can get home faster if you do well." Mrs. Kim smile at his son. Myungsoo nod and look at Moonsoon who is poking his arm. "What do you want, Moonsoon?" Myungsoo ask and almost scream when Moonsoon quickly hug him.

"Hyung, why didn't you wake up earlier? We need to wait for more than a year for you." Myungsoo smile and ruffle his younger brother's hair. "I am sorry." Myungsoo mutter and Moonsoon glance at the other. "What did you dream?" The question traps Myungsoo in the confusion. "Sorry, Moonsoon-ah. I just.. couldn't remember." Moonsoon nod and smile. "If you remember, quickly tell me, okay?" Myungsoo chuckle a bit and nod. "Okay."


--26 January 2013

It is the first day of Myungsoo's therapy. Myungsoo do it the best he can because he really want to get out from the  hospital that is full of sickening smell of medicine. Moonsoon and his mother still visit him even though they are busy which makes Myungsoo very touched. That is why Myungsoo want to get out fast so that he can go back to his real life. "Good job, Myungsoo-ah! I think you can leave around this week if you keep this work." Myungsoo smile at the nurse's comment.

After the therapy, Myungsoo sit at the door, tired from the therapy. "Are you feeling better?" The doctor ask and Myungsoo nod. "Yeah. Can I ask a question?" Myungsoo ask the doctor. "Sure. What is it?" The doctor look at Myungsoo. "Why can't I remember anything about the dream and the day when I got into the accident?" The doctor smile. "It is just short amnesia but about the dream, it depends on yourself." With that, the doctor walk away. 


--1 February 2013

"You can go home." Myungsoo smile when he hear the word that he had longing to hear. "Thank you for taking care of Myungsoo." Mrs. Kim bow at the doctor and nurse. "It's okay! It's our responsibility to take care of our patient." They bow back and smile. "Goodbye, Myungsoo-ah!" They wave at Myungsoo which the latter wave back. "Let's go back home." Moonsoon nod and smile, tugging Myungsoo's clothes. "Let's go, hyung."

The journey back home is full with chatter and they are glad of Myungsoo's appearance. When they reach home, Moonsoon run upstairs. He says that he want to write everything about what happen at his diary. "Mom." Mrs. Kim turn round when she hear his son call her. "What's the matter, my dear?" Myungsoo bit his lips. "Where is dad?" Mrs. Kim is shock about the sudden question. "Well, he's dead."


--2 February 2013

"Hey, hyung! You still don't remember about that dream?" Moonsoon whine which make Myungsoo chuckle at his cuteness. "Not yet, Moonsoon. I am trying very hard to remember but nothing come across my mind." Myungsoo reply which make Moonsoon pout. "The memories are bad because they didn't come back to hyung's mind." Myungsoo bursts into laughter at Moonsoon's innocence. 

"Yeah, they are bad." Myungsoo reply. "Poor hyung." Myungsoo giggle at Moonsoon who is shaking his head repeatedly. "Why are you so curious by the way?" Myungsoo ask out of the blue. "Because the dream must be something happy that's why hyung didn't wake up for more than a year. And.." Moonsoon pause and Myungsoo raise an eyebrow. "And?" "Hyung looks so peaceful."


--13 March 2013

Myungsoo decided to take a walk around the Han River, carrying his beloved camera around. He take slow steps until he reached an empty bench. 'It seems familiar, aren't there is always one person dressed in black sitting here?'' Myungsoo shrugged and went off, ignoring the feelings of familiarity that constantly bugging him throughout the walk.

He also ignore the pain in his heart at a certain person by the name of Lee Sungyeol,though he did not even know where or when he has even heard that name of.