Loving Perfection

Loving Perfection

 

"Ow! Damn Hae! Watch that elbow of yours!"

"It's your fault!"

"My fault? Why is it my fault?"

"You're the one who wanted to come spend the night with me in my single dorm, with a single sized bed!"

"I just wanted to cuddle with you!" 

"Just cuddle...say that to my ...damn it hurts."

"I'm sorry..." 

One of his hands that had been wrapped around my bare waist traveled downward and back, and began to massage the tender flesh that had been roughly abused only about 20 minutes ago. I was thankful that I was facing away from Hyukjae, as my face flushed in embarrassment - despite what we had just been doing earlier. The massage felt undeniably nice, as I let out soft moans, leading Hyukjae to increase the intensity of the massage. 

"Hae...won't you face me? I want to look at you."

"No."

"But why?" 

"Because I'm shy idiot!" I heard Hyukjae start laughing behind me, as he used his arms to forcefully turn me towards him. I let out a groan at the movement, my sore protesting the shift in my position. It only took a moment before I was facing Hyukjae, who immediately began to place small kisses all over my face, as his hands wrapped back around me and resumed the massage. 

It was nearly ironic how he could be a pain in the , literally, and then turn right around and act like such a sweet gentleman. 

Hyukjae should definitely consider going into acting. 

"Donghae, I love you." 

My heart managed to speed back up at his words, regardless of the fact that I have heard it so much over the last nine months since we had begun dating. 

And yet…I had never managed to say it back.

I don't know why. In fact even I thought I was a complete idiot. I was so obviously in love with him, that it wouldn't be more obvious unless I walked around with a giant sign above my head declaring: "The person below this sign is in love with Lee Hyukjae!"

So why was it I couldn't say three little freaking words?!?

After all, I had been in love with him first. 

Here I was, going to turn 20 in a couple months, and already a sophomore in college, been dating Hyukjae for roughly nine months - and I had never manned up enough to tell him that I love him back. 

As I lay there in Hyukjae's arms, merely kissing him passionately and lovingly in response to his expression of love - I knew I needed to do something extravagant. 

And so it began. It was time to start enacting plans to tell him how I felt in a grand way.

Operation: Man Up and Tell Hyukjae I Love Him!

Or for short: Operation Man Up! (Because the original operation name was way too damn long to say all the time...) 



 

Plan number one.

I was sure that it would work. I mean honestly, it was ingenious!

I had sat in front of my computer, trying to come up with an idea. Then, I realized that I was sitting in front of a computer, and surely plenty of other people have had to face the same kind of predicament I was facing.

I typed in how to tell a guy you love him. And the results were compelling.

Several of the suggestions had to do with food. And quite a few others had to do with .

was out. We already had quite often, and Hyukjae didn’t need another excuse to do it any more.

But food. I could work with that.

All of a sudden, an idea popped in my head.

Customized M&M’s.

Brilliant.

So about 30 minutes later, I had ordered a bag of customized M&M’s – covered with the words Love You, and hearts. It was cheesy and seemed more like something a girl would do, and yet I felt like it fit me.

And a week later (after paying for expedited shipping) they showed up at my college. I rushed back to my dorm, glad that I didn’t have to worry about Hyukjae coming any time soon.

I hurriedly unlocked my door, and flung it open – relieved that I didn’t have a roommate and was instead in a single dorm.

And lying on my bed was Hyukjae.

I nearly dropped the box in fright, letting out an unmanly shriek. My sudden entrance caused him to sit up and look at me, and at my reaction he started laughing.

“H…Hyuk, what are you doing here?”

“I came to see you of course!”

I never should have (somewhat illegally) gotten a key made for him.

“I thought you were busy for a while…”

“Change of plans. And you were the first person I came to see. So come here—what’s that in your hands?” I noticed his glance focus in on the box I was holding. I quickly shifted it to be behind me, between my still open door and me.

I saw Hyukjae’s eyebrow rise, before he shifted up to get off my bed. For some odd reason, I quickly turned, and sprinted back out of my room. Down the hallway, I saw my friend Kyuhyun walking back to his dorm room.

“Kyu!” He turned at the sound of his name, and when I reached him, I roughly shoved the box into his arms.

“Watch over this for me, please? I’ll come back to get it soon, okay?” Without waiting for an answer, I turned and ran back into my room, closing the door behind me.

Hyukjae was now standing next to my bed. He looked at me curiously when I reentered the room.

“Hae…what was that about?”

“Don’t…don’t worry about it!”

“…Fine. I won’t question you.” I sighed in relief. “If…”

“…If what?”

“If you close your eyes.” I did as he said, waiting patiently. Suddenly, I was roughly shoved back against my door, as lips assaulted mine. When Hyukjae’s tongue pushed past my willing lips, I moaned into the kiss. My arms instinctively wrapped around his neck, as his came to rest on my hips.

A few minutes later, the kiss finally broke, us both breathing harshly.

But I knew it wasn’t over, as Hyukjae began to kiss down my neck, and his arms wrapped around me to pull my lower body up against his.

Yeah, using to tell him was definitely out.



 

The next day, since Hyukjae had spent the rest of yesterday and the night with me, I finally made my way to Kyuhyun’s dorm room. I knocked on his door, and after a moment he opened it.

“Come for something Hae?”

“Ah, yeah…” I noticed that he was eating something, but it wasn’t until I stepped into his room and saw the opened bag of M&M’s sitting on his desk that I realized just how wrong I had been about being able to trust Kyuhyun.

“Kyu…did you eat those M&M’s?”

“Yep. Were they supposed to be for someone in particular? I noticed the messages written on them. Were they maybe for, oh I don’t know, Eunhyuk?”

I flinched at his question, and a smirk crossed his face.

“Caught you Donghae. So let me guess, you haven’t told him how you feel about him yet?”

“Su…sure I have!”

“And that would be a lie. Hae, you have to do better than a bag of customized M&M’s…”

“I thought it was pretty good…”

“I would tell you to offer yourself, but I think this entire dorm building already knows what y’all do when he comes.”

I blushed incredibly dark. Even I knew that I was pretty loud when it came to certain activities between Hyukjae and I.

“Donghae, try again. I’m sure you can come up with something better than M&M’s. Though, I could always assist you…” The smirk he still had on his face turned even more evil.

“No thanks! I’ll figure something out!” I hurriedly turned and left his dorm room, but not before hearing him shout out a “thanks for the M&M’s!”.

I walked back to my room, and when I entered it, I noticed it was still in disarray from yesterday and last night. My clothes were still thrown around the room.

I walked around my room, attempting to clean up a little of the mess. I grabbed my shirt that happened to be hanging on my bookshelf, when I saw it. It was the original CD of Hyukjae’s music my friend had made for me back in high school.

That was it. An idea!

And if I had thought the M&M’s one was brilliant, than this one was absolutely ingenious! Nothing could possibly go wrong with this!



 

Oh, how wrong I had been.

And this statement was further proven, as I slowly wheeled myself down the hallway.

In a freaking wheelchair.

The plan had been awesome! It really had been!

But, I should have known, knowing me, and my history of being clumsy near Hyukjae, that things could, and would, go terribly wrong.

When I had noticed Hyukjae’s CD sitting on my shelf, and remembered my own love of singing and dancing, I had decided that I would use that to express my feelings to him.

That’s a good idea, right?

I know it is not entirely original, but with the importance music and dance played in Hyukjae’s life, I thought it was incredibly befitting.

So for the next couple of weeks, I had seriously rehearsed both singing the song and dancing to it. Kyuhyun, a rather good singer himself, had helped me out. For the most part, he had approved of the idea. Or at least, he admitted to it being much, much, better than trying to confess through a bag of M&M’s.   

I had contacted Hyukjae’s manager, who by now was my good friend, and sorted out a good time to do my little plan. Hyukjae was actually doing a concert a couple hours away from my college town, and I was already planning on going. (Though, if I had tried to refuse, Hyukjae would have probably dragged me there anyways.)

I was going to perform it for him shortly before any of the audience was allowed in. So it would be a private show for him (at least mostly).

And so here I was. Kyuhyun had also accompanied me, and I could see him standing backstage. And sitting in a fold-up chair that was set up in the standing area, was Hyukjae.

He was looking up at me confusedly, as I stood on the stage in front of him. I could feel my cheeks flush, red out of complete embarrassment.

“Donghae, what is going on?”

“Ummm…I have something I want to do for you…” I glanced over at Kyuhyun, who gave the cue to the man in control of the music and the lights. The place suddenly went pitch black, as music softly began playing.

I slowly began moving my body, as a spotlight appeared on me. The movement started with a light swinging of the hips that then spread throughout the body – traveling to my hands and feet. And when the music took a sudden lively turn, my body became more alive with it.

I stepped forward, as I continued the practiced dance. The first half of the song focused on the dancing, while the second half focused more on the singing.

I quickly reached the steps down to the ground floor where Hyukjae was seated.

I went to step onto the first one, but my foot missed it entirely. I tried to catch myself using my other foot, but that only caused me to stumble more, as I crashed roughly down the small set of stairs.

I landed on the ground, groaning in pain – as I could feel a distinct jabbing pain in both of my legs. I pried my eyes open (that had closed as I fell), and looked down to see one of my legs bent in a way it shouldn’t have been. The other leg visibly seemed okay, but there was still a throbbing pain coming from the ankle.

I seared my eyes shut again, as I heard Hyukjae yell out my name. I focused on keeping the tears in and drowning out the sensation of pain to my best ability.

Apparently, I tried too hard, as darkness took over my vision and thoughts.



 

I woke up lying in a hospital bed. I looked around and noticed that at the moment, I was alone. I felt groggy, and a little numb – indicating to me that I definitely had some strong pain-reliever medication in my system.

I heard the approach of voices outside my door, and as they got closer, I was able to recognize them.

“He shouldn’t have done it in the first place!”

“You don’t even know why he did it!”

“No, but I can’t convince myself to care that much, since he is now lying in a hospital bed because of it!”

The door into my room was suddenly flung open, as two people walked in. I quickly closed my eyes, trying to make it seem like I was sleeping.

“Hae, I know you aren’t sleeping.” Hyukjae spoke, as he placed his hand down onto my arm. I heard Kyuhyun, the other person in the room, walk over to the other side of my bed.

I lifted the arm Hyukjae wasn’t touching, pulling it up to cover my eyes.

“Hyukjae, let me have a minute alone with him.” I felt Hyukjae’s grip on my arm tighten a little.

“What for?”

“Just let me, alright? You can stand just outside the door.”

“…Fine.” Hyukjae squeezed my arm once before letting go. I heard him step over, open the door, and then step out. Kyuhyun then let out a sigh.

“Really Donghae?”

“…Please don’t Kyu…”

“Not trying to sound like a negative Nancy, but maybe this is a sign?”

My eyes flew open, and I suddenly sat up. I glared over at Kyuhyun, ignoring the flash of pain I felt from my legs at the sudden movement.

“No! It is not a sign! I won’t give up! I will tell Hyukjae!”

“Tell me what?” Hyukjae was standing in the now open door, looking at the two of us suspiciously.

“N…nothing Hyuk…”

“Clearly it is not nothing, if you will raise your voice about it. Now, Kyuhyun, may I talk to my boyfriend alone? Clearly, all you did was upset him.”

I looked between the two guys, noticing an odd sort of tension. Kyuhyun let out another sigh, before leaning forward to whisper in my ear.

“Tell him. No matter how you do it, he will like it. So just do it already.” And with that, he pulled away, and strode out of the room. Hyukjae watched him leave with a small frown on his face.

When he turned back to me, I quickly dropped my eyes, and stared at my lap.

“So, what’s the verdict on my legs?”  I asked him, figuring I might as well know what exactly I had done to myself.

Hyukjae placed his hand onto the upper thigh of my injured right leg, and I flushed a little at the intimate position.

“Well, you broke your right knee, and sprained your left ankle. So, you are going to be confined to a wheelchair for a little.”

“Oh, okay.” How much of an idiot could I be? “You didn’t skip your concert right?”

“No, a stubborn person wouldn’t let me.”

“Who?”

“You.”

“Me? But…how?”

“You woke up briefly while being put into the ambulance. When I tried to climb in after you, you, albeit weakly, pushed me away – insisting to me that I had to go through with my concert. So I did, and then I rushed straight here. Kyuhyun had been here with you the whole time though.”

“Oh. So when can I leave?”

“Tomorrow morning. Your parents already know everything, but I told them that I was going to take care of getting you back to college. I was afraid they were going to blame me for what happened. But, when I explained how you had hurt yourself, they told me that they weren’t too surprised. They were worried about you, but not angry about anything.”

“Well, I guess that’s good.”

“Donghae, you really scared me.” I looked up at Hyukjae in confusion.

“Scared you? How?”

“I…I just was terrified that somehow things were going to be really bad. How else am I supposed to feel when someone I love gets hurt?”

There it was again, the word love. I felt my face flush, as I reached for Hyukjae’s hand. I gripped it in mine, entangling our fingers together.

“I’m sorry for making you feel scared. I didn’t mean to…”

“I know you didn’t. But, what was that whole thing about anyways?”

Instead of answering, I just continued to look at Hyukjae, as I started to nibble on my bottom lip. I noticed him focus in on my lips, as he seemed to become distracted.

“Hae…don’t do that…”

“Why?”

“Because then I will want to kiss you.”

“Then kiss me.”

That was all it took for him to swiftly shift, and lean towards me, as his lips came into contact with mine. And when his tongue pushed against my lips, I opened them without hesitation, as I felt my upper body fall back against the bed. His arms came to cradle around my head, as mine rose to tangle in his hair.

Next thing I knew, I was pulling away, to let out a loud groan of pain. I had attempted to pull my knee up to closer to me – an action that was currently impossible with my new situation.

“Crap, sorry Hae! Don’t do anything to hurt yourself!” Hyukjae pulled away from me, and I immediately missed his close presence, despite the flash of pain still shooting through my body that had not yet withered away.

“Hyuk…don’t scoot away…”

“But you are in pain!”

“Well, I just won’t move my legs then.”

Hyukjae let out a sigh, before he went over to grab a chair. He pulled it up near the head of my bed. He sat down in it, but leant forward to rest his head next to mine on the pillow. He placed his hand on my head, and slowly through my hair.

The sensation was so soothing, it didn’t take long before I began to feel a little sleepy, as I fought against my drooping eyes.

“Just sleep Hae…we will go home in the morning.”

And with that, and Hyukjae’s continuous , I fell back asleep.



 

So here I was, back to rolling myself down the hallway in my wheelchair. My right leg was extended out in front of me, while my left rested on the small footrest.

We had already made it back to the college, and I was currently rolling myself down the hallway to my dorm room. Hyukjae had already pushed me around the rest of the day, but after he had suggested pushing me all the way to my room, before going back downstairs to get all of my stuff, I told him to let me go to my room by myself. It took a lot of convincing, before I finally won him over by telling him it would take less time this way, so he could spend more time with me before he had to leave. Little did he know though, that his manager had already informed me that he had the rest of the day and the next day off. He still thought he had to leave later in the afternoon.

I reached my door, picking up my dorm key that was sitting on my lap. I awkwardly tried to open the door from my wheelchair – having difficulty because of my outstretched leg.

“Here, let me get it.” I looked up to see Kyuhyun standing there. I hadn’t heard him walk up to me, but I had been a little too focused on my task.

I handed him my key, as he unlocked my door for me, and then proceeded to make sure it stayed open and out of the way as I wheeled into the room. He closed it behind us as he followed me into my room.

“So Donghae, done it yet?”

“N…no.”

“Hae, just tell him. I promise you will make his day. Besides, I think he is feeling a little down right now with everything that has happened to you.”

“Yeah, I know he is. I’ll try Kyu.”

“Good. And hey, when he is gone, just let me know if you need any help with anything.”

“Okay. Thank you.” He smiled one of his rare smiles at me before leaving the room. I wheeled up to my bed, wanting nothing more than to get out of the chair and onto the bed. I placed my outstretched leg that was in a large brace onto my bed, before lifting my other leg and gently placing it, with my wrapped ankle, down too. I then lifted my upper body up, and attempted to start shifting myself up onto the bed.

The wheelchair suddenly rolled backwards, since I had forgotten to lock the wheels, and I found myself stretched between my bed and the chair – holding myself up from falling down to the floor with my arm strength alone. Arm strength that was quickly failing me.

Much to my serious gratitude, my door suddenly opened, and I turned my head to see Hyukjae standing there with my things. His eyes grew wide at my position.

“Hyuk…a little help?”

He quickly dropped my things, rushing over to me. His arms went under my back, holding onto my body weight. He then gently helped me scoot onto the bed, until I was lying down.

“Hae…what were you trying to do?!”

“Just trying to get on the bed…but I forgot to lock the wheels on the wheelchair…”

“Geez…you could have hurt yourself even more!”

“I know. I’m sorry Hyuk.”

“It’s okay, just be careful.” He walked away from the bed, going to pick up my things that he had dropped. I watched him for a moment, before sitting up to shift my pillows. I leaned the group of pillows I had up against my headboard, situating them so that they could be leaned against. I remained sitting up, watching as Hyukjae placed my things around the small dorm room.

“Hyuk.”

“Yes Hae?”

“Come sit with me?”

He stopped what he was doing, before immediately complying with my request. He automatically crawled behind me, leaning against the pillows. He then gently pulled me up to be lying back against his chest and between his legs. My head rested against his shoulder, as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I placed my hands down on his, softly the hands I knew so well now.

“Donghae, are you going to be all right? At least until your ankle heals, and you can switch over to crutches?”

“Yeah, I’ll be all right. Kyuhyun offered to help me too.”

“He did? Hmm.” I felt Hyukjae’s lips land on the side of my head, in my hair. He continued this action for a few good minutes, until I spoke up again.

“So Hyukjae, even though you only got to see a little of it, did you like my dance for you?”

“Of course I did. I wish I could have seen it all. But, what were you doing it for?”

I hesitated in responding to him. I knew exactly what I wanted to say. And it was so simple! Just three little words, and my Operation: Man Up!, would be a success!

I lifted my hands up to cover my face, making sure to leave my mouth uncovered.

“Hyuk…I love you.”

“I know you do. I love you too.”

“Wha…what do you mean you know?”

“Hae…you talk in your sleep. I heard you say it multiple times pretty much every night I spent with you.”

“You…you lie!!”

“I do not! You totally talk in your sleep!”

I groaned, still not removing my hands from my face.

“Why is it with you, I always make such a fool of myself? And I always become so clumsy?”

“I don’t know. But, in a way, it is totally endearing. Though I hate when you injure yourself, I like being the only one who can do this to you. Now move your hands.”

“No.”

“Come on Hae, say that you love me to my face.”

“No!”

“Why not?”

“Why else do you think I was trying to find some special way to tell you? I didn’t have to the guts to flat out say it to your face…”

“Oh, so that was why you danced for me…”

“Y…yes.”

“I don’t really get why that would be less embarrassing, but okay. Now, take your hands off your face already.”

“My answer is still no!”

“I will make you.”

“I’d like to see you try.”

“Is that a challenge?” The tone of voice Hyukjae used was taunting, and I knew that he would win. But to be honest, I was enjoying the moment too much anyways, and at this point, I was just playing with him.

“Maybe it is.”

And suddenly, I felt one of Hyukjae’s hands let go of my waist, and quickly slide down my body until it came to rest right above the edge of my pants. His fingers quickly dived under my shirt, and started to ghost along the edge of my pants. They then shifted under the edge, and into my boxers.

I jerked at the surprising action. I had expected him to do something, but not something this forward. My hands dropped down off my face, both grabbing onto his hand that was traveling down even more into my boxers. I held on tightly, keeping him from being able to continue moving his hand down.

Gottcha!” Hyukjae’s other hand swiftly rose up, grabbing onto my chin, and turning my face towards his.

“Now say it Hae.” I was staring into his eyes, blushing from the intimate position we were in, and Hyukjae’s serious request.

“I…”

“Yes Hae?”

“I…I don’t not love you…”

“Really? We are doing that again?” My focus being distracted, I felt Hyukjae’s hand that was currently down my boxers, shift even more down south – getting dangerously close to a certain part of my body.

I broke my face away from his grasp, and lifted one of my hands to cover his eyes.

“Hae, what do you think you are doing?”

“At least give me this, okay?”

I leaned forward, and placed a small kiss on his plump lips before pulling back. He tried to lean forward to reconnect them, but I kept the short distance there.

“Hyuk…I really do love you.” Hyukjae’s hand pulled mine off his face, and I noticed the serious expression he had on.

“Please, tell me one more time?”

“Hyukjae, I love you.”

“I love you too Donghae.” He reconnected our lips, and I got lost in the passion. I ignored the fact that I was beginning to feel pain return to my legs (an indication that I was due to take medicine), and moaned into the kiss when his hand came into contact with a part of my body that was growing rapidly heated.

I guess I never would have imagined that I would get to meet perfection, be noticed by perfection, and now, be loved by perfection. Yet, it had managed to happen.

And finally, after all of this time of knowing that I loved him,  I had finally told him, and succeeded in Operation: Man Up and Tell Hyukjae I Love Him!

So it came to be that: Perfection was mine; and I was his.

 


 

 

Author's Note: Thanks everyone for reading this, I hope you liked it! Feel free to tell me what you think of the final of these "Perfection" oneshots. :D