Baekhyun - Baby Don't Cry

Lair of Drabbles
chapterone
The eyeliner prince with you.

It was already late at night . You just had a bad day and you feel like crying . You then decided to call your boyfriend Baekhyun . He always know how to cheer you up in a flash. Walking into the usual park that you two always go , you sat down one of the benches , start dialling his number and put the call on speaker . You sniffed as you hope that he would pick up his phone. 

"Annyeong?"

"Baekhyun-ah?"

"No no ___-ah , this is Chanyeol . Baek's in the shower at the moment."

"Oh , uhhh just tell him to call me back please?" You stuttered and sniffled a bit. 

"Arassou~ bye ___-ah~!" Chanyeol greeted cheerfully as you did the same and then you two hang up.

You look at up the the sky with your eyes starting to water. Imagine being told off by your very favourite lecturer to just fail in the subject for the finals so she can have less students in her class. You have talked with Baekhyun about the teacher recently so he does know that you're kinda stressed these days .

It's not that you're being a crybaby but you can be quite sensitive at times.

 

In EXO's dorm~

Baekhyun dried his hair with a towel as he walk out from the bathroom , seeing Chanyeol who keeps staring on his phone. He tip-toed to Chanyeol and decided to scare him.

"Boo~"

"Aaaahhhh!!!!"  

The main vocalist laughed , satisfied for scaring his dorm mate. Chanyeol took the chance and hit him by the arm more than twice till Baekhyun glares at him . Then , he start running around their dorm with Baekhyun chasing him.

"Come back here you little giant noob!!" 

"I'm not a noob , you are!!" 

"Grrrr , I'm gonna get you!!" Baekhyun growled as Chanyeol went out from their room and run for his life towards the living room where some members are just resting , tired from performing. 

"Oi oi , what's with all the running?" Kris asked , with Lay intently watching Chanyeol chasing Baekhyun around the living room.

"Baek scares me for nothing , I hit him and now he's chasing me" Chanyeol huffed , stopped running and sat beside Chen and Suho on the couch. Suho passed him a bottle of water and Chanyeol immediately drank some water after thanking the leader. Baekhyun just shrugged it off and sat beside Kris and Lay.

After drinking all the water , Chanyeol suddenly remembered about you and tapped Baekhyun on the shoulder.

"Hey Baek , ____-ah called just now and wants you to call her back."

"Hmm , I should call her back then"

"You better , she sounds like she's going to cry on the phone"

"Jjinja? Arassou , I'll do that now." 

He hurriedly left the living room with quick stes as the others looking at him . Chen looked at Chanyeol and asked.

"What's the matter with Baek?"

"____-ah wants him to call her back so he's going to do that." 

The trolling master nodded with his mouth shaped into an "o". Everyone in EXO knows that you two have been dating secretly. Yes , SM artists can do that if they want but don't get caught or they'll be separated.

Baekhyun went into the room and locked the door , not wanting any disturbances while he calls you. Sitting down on his bed while dialling your number , he prayed that you would quickly pick up your phone.

"Baekhyun-ah?"

"______-ah , yes it's me. What's up?" 

"Can you come by at the usual park?"

"Arassou , wait for me. I'll be there ASAP"

"Okay , see you soon _____-ah~"

"See you~"

You two hang up and Baekhyun take his coat , beanie and put on a tiny false mole under his chin. Well , you don't want any sasaengs to ruin your meeting would you? 

Seeing Baekhyun wearing his shoes , Xiumin pass by and went back for a few steps.

"You're going out?"

"Yeah , gotta meet ____ by the park."

"Be careful out there , we don't to have any scandals or accidents"

"Don't worry , I'll be very careful hyung." He assured his oldest hyung as he finished tying up his shoe lace and stood up , waving at the baozi as he went out. Xiumin waved back as he chuckled and shook his head.

"_____ is really lucky to have a guy like Baekhyun~"

 

At the park~

Walking with fast pacing steps , Baekhyun is already worried of you. The phone call earlier really did prove on what had Chanyeol said earlier. He then sees you crying softly at the same bench you two always sat together. 

He suddenly popped up in front of you but thank god you didn't get too shocked . He bowed and started to rap slowly and sing some parts from EXO's "Baby Don't Cry" but he changed some lyrics to suit your situation.

Above the dark shade of torture, at the doorsteps of failure

Just let me take the exam, I can make your teacher say "wow" for you

So , instead I’ll give my all to you who won't suffer
Don’t cry, give me chilling laughter instead of hot tears baby,

Say no more ~no more ~

Please don’t hesitate at the moment you’re going to cry

Say no more~ no more~

So you can remain as a lovely person, I will take the exam instead

Baby don’t cry tonight after this darkness pass
Baby don’t cry tonight it’ll be as if it never happened~

You’re not the one who's going to fail , something that you never will
So baby don’t cry~ cry~ my love will protect you

You clapped your hands softly , finally smiling for the day. He came behind you , gave you a back hug around the shoulders and kissed your forehead softly.

"Now , tell me what that teacher did this time?" 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After telling  him everything , he gave you a hug and whispered.

"There , there now... don't cry anymore alright? Just don't fail and give that teacher a shock"

"What kind of shock? Electric shock?" You joked , he chuckles and nods

"Ne , then you do the dance in front of her. Electric~ na na na na na~" He sang some lyrics from f(x)'s Electric Shock making you laugh as well.

See? He's only been there like 10 minutes and now you're smiling. Still with a bright smile on your face , you hugged him and called out his name.

"Baekhyun-ah~"

"Mmm?"

"Jeongmal , kamsamnida~"

"Anything for my girl~" He kissed your forehead again .

Then he walked you home and said your goodbyes. He told you that he'll be busy so he'll contact you by kakao talk or texting .

You understand , being an international idol was never easy. 

 

The night before the test. 

"-- so you add this and minus all of them together and you'll get the change which is 856000 won. The answer will be the same as the one from the previous answer that you got from the one earlier." 

"Oh~~" You nodded , understanding everything he taught. 

The two of you are in a 24/7 shop  far away from the SM building and anywhere that idols usually go. You two don't want to gain attention from anyone around so he decided to teach you here. It's already 10:32pm and the test is tomorrow but then again the night is still young.

"Do you understand now?" He asked while looking at you with a solemn look.

"Ne , thanks Baekhyun-ah~" 

"You're welcome ____-ah." 

Moving on to the next question , you wrote a few things before tilting your head to find that your boyfriend staring at you intently. He too tilt his head up and look at you with a questioning look.

"Do you think I'll pass?" You suddenly asked him. At your question , he gave his confident smile and nodded. 

"Of course you will pass the test~ Remember , we're gonna give your teacher an electric shock." 

Baekhyun joked , wiggling his eyebrows and making you laugh. He then ruffled your hair lightly and sip his almond tea that he bought earlier , letting you finish answering the question peacefully before ending your cram session for the night.

As you two reached your house , he gave you a quick peck on the lips and sees you unlock the door before waving to each other.

"Good night _____-ah. Hwaiting." 

"Ne. Sweet dreams~" You blowed a kiss towards him and he pretends to catch it , putting it in his heart. You can't help but chuckle at his cheesiness sometimes. Walking into your room , you change into your pyjamas and climb into your bed. Before getting some sleep , you silently prayed that you will do the test well.

 

2 weeks later~

You opened your mailbox and took all the letters inside , closing the door behind you. Bills , taxes , bills and you found a lovely invitation card. Putting the rest on the dining table , you opened the invitation card and read that you're invited on Baekhyun's brother's wedding. Byun Baebeom. He's somewhat like an older brother to you too. You met his family for a few times when Baekhyun has a break and he does the same to get to know your family as well. 

 

28th of September- at the wedding venue.

You wore a simple lilac dress with heels . Walking into the hall , you met Mrs. Byun and gave her a hug. Baekbeom was also welcoming the guests and sees you

"____-ah~ I'm so glad that you can come"

"Ne , congratulations Baekbeom oppa on your wedding. You finally got married huh?"

"Of course , and I'll be waiting for the time for you and my dongsaeng to get married" He joked , rasing his eyebrows playfully . 

"Sssh , don't say that out loud." You playfully scolded him earning a chuckle from the groom. He ruffled your hair softly and winks. Shaking your head as you walked in , you see some of his cousins that you met before. Greeting them politely , you then sit beside the youngest cousin who is only 18 years old. 

After a few minutes , you then see EXO's manager walking into the hall and of course there's Baekhyun with his group mates. He turned and look at you and smiled from afar and you replied his smile with a curt nod , not wanting people around you to notice the interaction between the two of you.

Then , you felt a light vibration from your purse. Checking your phone , it was a message from Baekhyun , telling you to come visit the bride at her dressing room with him. After replying him with a yes , you then excused yourself from Baekhyun's relatives and walk towards the dressing room.

 

At the bride's dressing room~

Surprisingly , you got there first but then you heard other footsteps coming near. Turning around , you see Baekhyun smiling . 

"Miss me?"

You returned his smile with your usual soft smile as he hugged you. Hugging him back for a few minutes , the two of you let go and he knocked on the dressing room door . A shout of 'come in' from  the inside was heard from the room. The two of you then went in together and was greeted by the bride's warming smile. The two of you knew her well , she was your sunbae in school along with Baekbeom.

Her name is Yoon Dahee . Well , now soon-to-be Mrs Byun Dahee.

"Hee-sunbae~!" You cheerfully went to her and give her a hug. She squealed while she hugged you back and then you two broke the hug smiling as Baekhyun closed the door behind him and gave her a hug as well. 

"Annyeong , sister-in-law~"

"Annyeong , brother-in-law~" 

Baekhyun and Dahee joked , raising their eyebrows playfully at each other. 

"Sunbae , aren't you nervous?"

"Of course I am~! Can't you see these petite hands of mine shaking?" She whined , waving her hand at you two.

You two chuckled softly; of course she would be nervous , it's the day when she'll be married to her loved one. Then , you both took pictures with Hee-sunbae. One for each of you then together. You were about to ask her but then you were  interrupt by a sudden scream followed by more screams. Hee sunbae flinched , she's always been sensitive to loud noises . EXO's manager then came into the room with an anxious face on his face.

"Hyung , what's wrong?"

"It seems that your sasaeng fans managed to intrude the wedding and-"

"What? What do you mean intrude? How can this happen?" Baekhyun asked , his face turning anxious as well. 

"Baekhyun-ah , calm down~" I said , patting his shoulder lightly. He nodded and took a deep breath. 

Recently , the sasaengs are getting crazier and stalked EXO wherever they go. Even Baekhyun couldn't go out to meet you again , well you wouldn't let him if he wanted to. Tao have updated his weibo with somewhat harsh words that describe the situation . Kris did it too only with more gentlier words than Tao's.  The situation is getting out of control day by day.

Seriously , these sasaengs have no life .

 

"So what do we do now oppa?" You asked the manager , he turn his gaze from Baekhyun to you and shrugged.

"Let's just go one with the wedding and ignore them." Hee sunbae quipped , with the three of you look at her surprisingly.

"Are you sure about this , sister-in-law? The wedding is going to be ruined if we just go with the flow." Baekhyun stated , with a worry look on his face and Hee sunbae nodded. 

"I'm sure~ well let's just get this over with you know. I don't want to wait another day to get married. Ain't no one got time to deal with those crazy humans." She chirped with a soft smile , looking at all of us as if to say that it's alright. Hee sunbae is always optimistic and dares to take any risks. 

"Oh well , if you say so bride-to-be." The manager said , smiling his usual crooked smile and continued, "You gotta get ready then , it's gonna start in fifteen minutes." He said and left the room.

Hee-sunbae then turn her gaze to you two and grinned, "You two love birds should get out from here now too", you two looked at her and nodded in agreement. You gave her one last hug before you walked out with Baekhyun closing the door behind you. 

 

"So....." 

"Be careful out there okay?" Baekhyun said , with worry visible in his tone. You chuckled softly and replied, "Yah , you're the one who should be careful , not me~ I'm not the one being stalked." 

He then kiss you on your forehead and whispered, "No , really; please be careful. I don't want you to get hurt."

You nodded , and smiled at him assuringly. "Of course , I'm strong , aren't I?" He chuckled and nod as well.

"Well , so I guess I'll see you later huh?"

"Sure~" You nodded then part ways in different directions so people wouldn't suspect anything. In fast and steady steps , you quickly sat at your place earlier and waited for the ceremony to start. The ceremony went well; Hee-sunbae walked into the aisle with her father beside her. Baekbeom is smiling widely as his gaze was locked onto his future bride. They both said their vows perfectly and exchanged rings.

It was all going on just like the way it was planned but you can't help but feel that something bad might happen later. You decided to brush off that feeling being your optimistic self , you quickly snap a few photos of the couple with your phone from your seat quietly. 

Then , it was time for EXO to sing a song for the newly-weds and that's when disaster struck. The sasaengs eventually managed to break into the ceremony again and started taking photos and videos of EXO singing their congrats. There's already a sasaeng standing up on a chair filming them singing. Even when the couple was cutting their cake , trying to ignore the sasaengs , they tried to take autographs and photos of EXO who were standing beside the couple .]

Well , EXO did try their best to stop them; telling them that "Don't be like this , we can do this later." but no avail , the sasaengs just won't stop. 

The relatives's expressions started to show that they're not pleased with all of these sasaengs. Baekhyun himself then keep apologizing to every one of his relatives saying that he's really sorry for all of this. He even make way and went to apologize to his brother and Hee-sunbae who was surprised with the ruckus out there. As Baekhyun was ignoring these sasaengs , one of them tried to hit him in the throat probably trying to ruin his vocals. You on the other hand were pushed here and there by the sasaengs. 

One of his cousins , Dayoung managed to pull her parents and you out from the sasaeng push-and-pull fiasco so we were safe for the moment . From afar , you can see quite clearly that Baekhyun's face has turn into red.

"Uh-oh..." You muttered , making your way closer to him but eventually he had enough of this. 

"Why are you doing this to my only brother , you crazy humans." He said , having anger in his tone. You know that he is the type that rarely gets angry and also the scariest when he does. From behind , you hold his hand; wanting him to cool down and control his temper in front of everyone. He then gripped your hand tightly , somehow knowing that it was you and took a deep breath. You then broke away his grip and quickly walked away before anyone see anything that you did just now. 

 

30th September - 2 days after the sasaeng attack

 Not even a call or a short text from him. You sighed , as you keep telling yourself that he is busy and all but it worries you a lot since he didn't contact you at all. The newspaper headlines are still all about EXO's sasaengs breaking into Baekbeom's wedding. Today , it even featured about the sasaeng's sarcastic reply on how professional he is on not controlling his temper during the wedding. 

"This is ridiculous , I swear.." You muttered as you entered the lecture hall with the other students are already there , all quite nervous and worried. Your finals marks for accounts are being handed today by the lecturer  who wants the class to fail itself. If half of the class fail , who knows what's going to happen to you and everyone else. 

 

"Na Won Shik. 75%"

"Ryu Min Ah. 64%"

"Ok Eun Bi". 67%'

"Park Ki Bum. 72%"

 

So far , so good. Everyone is crossing their fingers , hoping for the best. You then hear your name being called out. 

"Ha ____?" 

"Ne?" You stood up , the lecturer eyeing you up and down in disbelief. Butterflies are flying in your stomach and you keep praying that you passed the test at least a C or a B-. 

"66%. Oh , a B-~ You have improved greatly , keep it up till the end of semester." The lecturer give you a soft smile before letting you sitting down again. Finally relieved , you thought that night hour crams with Baekhyun before was worth it after all. You immediately wanted to call him but paused on the thought , knowing that he himself is in a crisis with his group so maybe you'll tell him later on. 

The whole class passed the test and decided to go for a dinner of samgyupssal and soju. Liking the sound of that , you agreed. Since there's still time , you decided to go to EXO's dorm hoping to see him around. You passed the bakery nearby and stopped by there. But suddenly , someone pulled you from behind and made you face them. You were going to shout but no voice came out from your mouth. 

The person was wearing a long-sleeved jacket with a hoodie and glasses. He then smirked and slightly lifted his hoodie so you can see him.

 

"Yah! Why did you do that?!" You immediately scolded him from doing that , hitting his arm repeatedly. 

"Sorry , you know how I love teasing you." He playfully grin , poking your cheek before you swat his hand away. 

"Unless you want me to die early , please don't do that anymore." You  slightly pouted.

"Okay I won't . So why did you come here? You know there's still the sasaeng fiasco going on here." Beakhyun said , whispering the word "sasaeng fiasco" so people around won't hear him.

"I just want to tell that I got a B- for the test. I passed." You softly squealed , grinning ear to ear.

"Oh my god , that is the best news I have heard all week. Congrats jagiya. See? I told you that you would pass." He cheerfully said , grinning and clapping his hands excitedy.

"Thanks Baekhyun-ah and the whole class passed too so we're all celebrating it during dinner later." 

"Really? Boy , I really wish that I can join you but--"

"You can't go anywhere with the fiasco still going on." You finished his sentence with a nod.

He nodded , looking at you with a sad smile. You peered closer to him and pecked his cheek softly. 

"It's okay. We can celebrate it by ourselves later." 

"Just you and me at the usual park?"

"That'll be superb." You smiled , agreeing with the suggestion. 

 

Then , your phone rang with EXO's Wolf rap part playing. You quickly answer the call and immdiately put the phone far from your ear as your best friend was shouting through the call. 

"Yah , where you at? All of us have arrived except for you. Ppali come over here!" 

"Arassou~ I'm on my way now." You chuckled before hanging up. You turn your gaze towards your boyfriend and he asked. 

"You gotta go now?" 

You nodded , holding his hand firmly and not wanting to let go. He faced you and looked at you.

"We'll skype each other tonight alright?" 

"Sure thing Baek-" 

He cut you off with a soft kiss on the lips. You kissed him back gently and he leaned away smiling. 

"Don't fall asleep later on okay?" He kissed your forehead before seeing you walk away.

"I won't..... maybe." You smile mischieviously and you two waved at each other your byes.

 

As you walk a few steps , you heard a shout from behind. 

"Saranghaeyo Ha ____ !!!" 

At that certain shout , you turn around and shouted back with all your might.

"Nado saranghaeyo Byun Baekhyun!!!" 

And with that , you know that Baekhyun was already smiling widely as he sees you walking away.

AUTHOR'S NOTESthis one-shot is inspired of exo's baby don't cry. i was listening to this more than 6 times straight and got a sudden plot in my head and there you go . also by the sasaeng attack in baekbeom's wedding . i really hope the sasaengs would stop doing this to EXO . so #sasaengstop

as you can see , the name of the bride is completely created by me since i do not know the name of Baekbeom's wife.

and i made this story during last year but finished it earlier. what kind of author am i? ( ゚д゚)

i'm sorry if the ending seems like hanging but I tried my very best . so subscribe , comment , and upvote maybe?