The Letter

Dear Dad

His letter read:

Dear dad;

This year's been filled with so much joy, and sorrow. We started it off with Sungmin hyung's birthday, which as you know, falls on New Year's. Everyone but me and Hyukkie were drinking. Even though everyone by the end of the night was too drunk to make a full sentence, we all had tons of fun. The ones that were drinking decided to play this drinking game where the loser had to run around the entire dorm screaming something, I don't remember what it was. I was too busy laughing my head off at how silly the others were. Me and Hyukkie instead sat there and played video games together. We joined in some of the games that the others were playing, but those were the ones that didn't involve drinking. It was a really fun night. Sungmin hyung got a lot of presents from not only us, but from the fans. The cake that we got was amazing, along with what we had for supper.

It was also around and before this time that we were preparing for Super Junior M's comeback. This time though, seeing as Hangeng hyung was no longer with us, SM Entertainment decided to add two more members to the group. Rather than adding outside members, they picked two from the original Super Junior. These two members were hidden from the fans until the comeback. Eunhyuk and Sungmin hyung worked their hardest to learn enough Mandarin to participate in the making of the album.

Henry wrote a song for it when he was back in America for his schooling, where two of his friends helped him with it. This song became his solo song, Off My Mind. It's a really good song; I wish you could hear it. I still wish that you could have met Henry and Zhou Mi. These two are two fantastic singers, as well as dancers.

Henry's from Canada, but you already knew that. He and Eunhyuk got to do the rap for our new comeback single, Perfection. Eunhyuk, Henry and I were now the new main dancers of Super Junior M.

Siwon wasn't there a lot for the filming for the music video because of his drama Athena. But in the end, all eight of us managed to film two wonderful music videos for our beloved fans.

Near the ending of January it was announced on Kiss The Radio that Eunhyuk would be leaving its cast to participate in activities over in Taiwan, which is where our new album was to be released. Yesung hyung was to take his place until all of our promotions were done and over with.

Kangin hyung's birthday passed on the 17th of January, and we celebrated it. Leeteuk hyung sat alone for most of the time though. I think he misses Kangin hyung the most out of all of us. I miss him a lot, but I know not as much as Teukie hyung does. I think he has yet to forgive him too… I forgive him, dad. I know it wasn't his fault. I really do miss Kangin hyung.

As you remember, we were still in the middle of our Super Show 3 concert tour. Well, when we were out in Singapore for one of them, a car that was driven by fans ended up smacking into the back of the car that both Heechul and Leeteuk hyung were in. The two were okay, thank god. The thing that scared them the most was that it made them remember and relive the first accidents that they were a part of. The most important thing though is that the two of them were okay, which I was extremely happy for.

Kyuhyun ah's birthday fell during one of our Super Show concerts, on the 3rd of February. There were so many fan signs that read "Happy Birthday Kyuhyun!" They were so cute and thoughtful. Again, we all had a party for him. Even though we got home late, we all stayed up even later for our maknae.

February 9th was Hangeng hyung's birthday. I called him, but he was busy. So I left him a message. I hope he got it because he never called me back…

On February 14th, Super Junior M's music video for Perfection was released in Taiwan and China. Our fans went nuts. The eight of us couldn't believe just how successful it was. It was a really great night for the lot of us. We were so proud of ourselves and each other for making such a fantastic comeback.

On February 28th, our new album, Perfection, was released. It hit number one in no time. I cannot believe how amazing that was! I really wish that you were here with me right now to celebrate all of this with me…

March came along, and another car accident happened. This time, the ones that were involved were Leeteuk hyung, Heechul hyung, Yesung hyung and Shindong hyung, the four that are not a part of Super Junior M. Us in Super Junior M had to stay back to participate in some of our own activities, so the others got to go home early. Again, no one was hurt, but it was still scary. I can't believe that something like this was happening. Two car accidents in the span of only two months. That's really scary, don't you agree?

Soon after, it was announced that me and Siwon would be the main leads in a Taiwanese drama, Extravagant Challenge. This drama was based off of a Japanese manga called Skip Beat. The character that I play is Sho. He's an aspiring musician, and his personality is the complete opposite of mine. At first I didn't think that I'd be able to play him, but as time went on, I found it a lot easier to get into character. I really hope that I was able to do as good a job as they wanted me to.

So, because of that, all of Super Junior M were to spend from the beginning of April to the ending of May in Taiwan. Of course, the ones that still had individual activities to do in Korea got to go back there for that. And that's when something bad happened.

You remember when I told you about that horrible accident back in 2007 where Kyuhyun ah almost died, and Teukie hyung needed 170 stitches for his back and face? Well, over in April, Kyuhyun ah had gone back to Korea because he had a presentation of his musical to do. It was early in the morning and he was driving to the arts center where it was being held. Next thing that happened shocked everyone. There was this man driving a truck, and he seemed really drowsy. Kyuhyun ah went to merge lanes, and the other drive hit him. Again, he was okay, but it was terrible. Kyuhyun ah came out with minor scratches, but incredible mental trauma. He, along with everyone else, are all okay now.

Before that though, we celebrated Hyukkie's birthday on the 4th. Being a Super Junior tradition, we caked him. Haha, it was fun. And because it was his birthday, he got a special present from me. You already know that me and Hyukkie have been dating for a while now, so I don't think that I need to explain what happened.

ANYWAYS. Siwon hyung's birthday happened next on the 11th. It was a lot of fun. Because we were so busy, we decided to celebrate it during the filming for our drama. Our director was nice enough to get a cake for him and everything. When we got back to the dorm, it turns out that the others had spent the rest of their day, after their schedules, cooking supper for him. Hangeng hyung even gave Siwon hyung a phone call, wishing him a happy birthday. Siwon hyung then ditched us and didn't come back for almost an hour! What could they have possibly of been talking about for that long?

Then, on the 19th it was Mimi's birthday. Siwon hyung and I didn't get to celebrate it with them though. We were too busy with our drama. I heard that they finally got to cake Mimi though. In fact, it was Henry that did it. Henry's got that cute chipmunk maknae powers of his on his side… Which isn't fair at all.

May went by boring, and busy. We were finishing up with the filming of our drama, and preparing for SM Town Paris. Not to mention we recorded our Japanese release of Bonamana, titled Bijin. I missed mother's day though. That really . At least mom had Donghwa hyung there with her though. I made sure to call her as much as I could, and even sent a ton of emails and text messages. Of course, Hyukkie helped me with the emails…

I even missed mom's birthday on the 28th. That was even more unfair. I miss her so much. I really wish that I could have been there for it.

June 10th-11th was SM Town Paris. We all had to learn some French for it. That was funny, because we all have very strange accents. Hyukkie had good French though. He's always been really good when it comes to other languages. We roamed the town for a while, shopping and eating at the most finest places. Some of us, along with some members of SHINee danced to Sorry Sorry and Ring Ding Dong in front of the Notre Dame.

Paris was really fun. The food there was different than what I'm used to, but it was still good. They eat snails there, did you know that, dad? I didn't. I found it quite funny actually. Oh well, I'm sure they'd find our food funny too.

After Paris we all returned back to our schedules. Some to Korea, others to Taiwan. We're going back to Japan soon though. We're going to be promoting Bijin soon! I'm so excited for that!

Our 5th album's going to be coming out this August. And guess what! Kibummie's coming back! Okay, so he's been back with us since October 2010, but because he wasn't there for the 4th album, he wasn't able to participate in our promotions. I'm so happy that Kibummie's back! Heechul hyung seems really happy that he's back too.

Anyways, I guess I should let you get going. I'll write to you as soon as I can, I promise dad! I love you so much, and I really wish you were still here with us. I know you're in a better place and aren't suffering anymore, so I'm happy. I'm not going to stop missing you, no matter how long it's been since you've been gone.

Again, I love you dad! I hope you have a happy father's day!

Your loving son,

Donghae


"You alright?" Eunhyuk asked, glancing over at him once they hit a red light. Donghae simply nodded, sending his boyfriend a small smile. Eunhyuk smiled weakly in return, reaching over with his right hand, resting it on the younger's thigh. "I know fishy, I know…" He murmured, gently stepping on the gas when the light turned green. Donghae had mumbled something in return but Eunhyuk hadn't caught it, their car ride remaining silent for the rest of the way home.