Homecoming

Homecoming
 
 
When Jiyoon saw the name of her mother on this letter, she frowned. In 7 years, her parents never called her or wrote to her. They didn’t cared because they threw her out of the house. 
 
When she was 16, she tell her parents that she liked girls in the way she should likes boys… 
After that, they totally denied her. She wasn’t the perfect daughter her parents wanted. The Jeon family was really important in Seoul and a rumor like that, about their daughter wasn’t good for their company. The Jeon family who owned 4 hotels in the city, couldn’t accept her because it would tarnish the company.
 
They told her to leave. And Jiyoon did it. She took her things and left Seoul. It was hard for her, but she find a job and made money, enough for her to live her life like she wanted. She was happy and she liked her job, she had even started some evening class.
 
So when she saw this letter, she wasn’t sure about reading it or not. But even with this story, her parents were her parents, and she wished their forgiveness. Maybe this letter was her ticket to comeback home…
 
She opened it. The message was clear. « Comeback home now. » It was her mom’s writing. Jiyoon didn’t know what to do. But now she was a little worried…
 
She decided to come back. After thinking about it, she needed to came to Seoul just to know what they wanted. And if it wasn’t a good thing for her she could just left them and came back here. So she took the train to Seoul…
 
It was raining, and her stomach was hurting, she was nervous. She didn’t have see them in 7 years… she walked in the city, and took a cab. The rain stopped when she arrived in front of her parent’s house, she took a big breath. Everything was the same, this big beautiful house, with this colorful garden and this giant gate. 
 
« Seems like the company is still okay… » Mumbled Jiyoon. She rang at the gate and waited. The butler came and let her come in. She remembered him, he was always nice to her when she was young.
 
« Your mother is in her room. » Her said to her when he opened the door of the house.
 
Jiyoon thanked him and goes upstairs. She knocked on the door and entered. Her mother was sitting on her bed. « Jiyoonie this is you? » She asked with a weak voice.
 
« Yes mom, why did you ask me to come suddenly? And where is dad? » Asked Jiyoon sitting beside her mother. « Is everything all right? Are you sick? »
 
Her mother took her in her arms and started crying. « Your father… this is your father… he’s…. he’s dead. » Cried the woman. 
 
« It’s impossible! » Said Jiyoon. « It’s not true, tell me it’s not true! » Said Jiyoon.
 
Even if her dad rejected her, she still loved him and wished someday he would accept her… Now this day would never come…
 
« When it’s happened? » Asked Jiyoon, she needed to know how and why.
 
« Yesterday … » Said her mother.
 
« How? » Asked Jiyoon. « He wasn‘t that old, and he was healthy, he liked to practice tennis and swimming… » Said Jiyoon.
 
Her mother sighed. « He was sick…it was an incurably ill… » Confessed the woman.
 
Jiyoon stood up. « Why nobody tell me? Why you didn’t call me before? I would have loved to see him before he die! It’s not right, you should have tell me! » Said Jiyoon angry. 
 
« I’m sorry Jiyoon… » Said her mother.
 
« No! » Jiyoon scratched her head with anger. « The last time I saw him was 7years ago! When he tell me to leave, when he tell me I was disgusting and he would never be associated with me anymore! Do you realize that this is the last memories I had of him?! »
 
Her mother looked at her. « We loved you, he loved you so much but he was so stubborn and strict. He realized his mistake, but we thought that you wouldn’t forgive us… » Explained her mother.
 
« Why you didn’t called me? you never cared about me being gay. » Asked Jiyoon.
 
Her mother sighed. « I’m sorry. I had always listened to your dad, he was my everything, my model, my love… I would have never do anything against him. »
 
« Not even for your daughter? » Asked Jiyoon.
 
Her mother looked down. « I’m so sorry Jiyoon. »
 
« I need fresh air… » Said Jiyoon. 
 
« Wait! » Said her mother. « Promise me you will come back, I need to talk to you about something important… »
 
Jiyoon nodded, it was her mom, and she couldn’t say no to her. « Yeah, I promise, I just need some time alone. »
 
« I love you » Said her mother before Jiyoon left.
 
Jiyoon walked in the neighborhood. Sometimes she wished that she never told her parents. It wouldn’t had been too hard to hide this to them, they were so busy with work… But Jiyoon wanted to trust them, and be honest with them. They didn’t educate her to lie so she told them.
 
She walked around and looked at everything, some things didn’t change, only new houses had grow up where it was big fields. She tried to remember how was the landscape before, before that all this new houses completed the view. It was late now, and Jiyoon promised her mom to not leave so she came back to her old house.
 
« Are you hungry? » Asked her mother nicely. Jiyoon shook her head. « You’re sure? »
 
« I’m okay. » Said Jiyoon. « What do you want to talk about? » 
 
Her mother sat at the table. « Your father, he put you as his heiress. You’re part of the Jeon company now. » Explained her mom.
 
« What?! » Asked Jiyoon. « How this is possible, he hated me? »
 
« I told you, he loved you, he just made a mistake… » Said the woman.
 
Jiyoon shook her head. « I can’t do that. »
 
Her mother sighed. « I know you can. Your father hired a detective… We know you find money and do some study in the management… » 
 
« You… you what? » Asked Jiyoon shocked. « You spy on me, but none of you came to talk to me?! » Her mother looked down. « What is this world?! Seriously, where do I live?! » 
 
« Jiyoon, listen, it was complicated… » 
 
« I’m sorry mom but I can’t stay here, with everything that happen now and the situation before, it’s too hard. » Explained Jiyoon. « I just can’t. »
 
Her mother kneeled.  « Please Jiyoon. I beg you. » 
 
« Mom come on, stand up. » Said Jiyoon helping her mother to stood up. « I can’t, I’m sorry.»
 
Jiyoon left. On her way to the gate she bumped into someone. « Sorry. » Said the girl.
 
« No it’s me. » Said Jiyoon looking at the girl. « Gayoon? »
 
The girl looked at her. « Jiyoon? » Jiyoon nodded. Then Gayoon slapped her. Seeing that Jiyoon was a  little chocked, Gayoon explained herself. « This is because you left me without a word. I was your best friend, but I think you don’t know what a best friend is. » Said Gayoon angry. Jiyoon looked at her in the eyes.
 
Gayoon was the first girl Jiyoon had loved. She never told her about her feelings, and because they were growing so much, she decided to tell her parents…Beside leaving her parents, leaving Gayoon was the most difficult thing to do, but Jiyoon couldn’t tell Gayoon about her feelings, she was so scared about being rejected too by the girl she loved.
 
« You never called me or came to see me… » Said Gayoon. « But I wasn’t expected anything to a girl who didn’t came to see her sick dad. » 
 
Jiyoon held her tears. « This isn’t your business. » Said Jiyoon coldly. « And why are you here in the first place? »
 
« This is my business. » Said Gayoon. « I’m a part of the Jeon company, I’m one of the principal manager. » Explained Gayoon. « I’m here to see if your mother is okay, I grew closer to them after you left. » 
 
Jiyoon shook her head and left. She walked in the streets without knowing exactly where to go. Her bag on her shoulder she entered a little motel. One of the Jeon company… She asked a room.
 
The girl at the counter smiled at her. « Jiyoon unnie? » 
 
Jiyoon looked up. « Hyuna? You grow up so well, look at you! » smiled Jiyoon. Hyuna jumped in her arms.
 
« It’s been so long! How are you? » Said the girl excited. « You’re here for your dad’s funeral…? » She asked more seriously. Jiyoon nodded. « Come to my house, I will introduce you my roommates! »
 
« I don’t know… »
 
« Come on it will be fun, like before, like when we were in high school. » Said Hyuna. « Plus you don’t have a choice, I won’t give you a room! »
 
Hyuna was Jiyoon and Gayoon friend in high school. Hyuna was always laughing and fooling around, she was a years younger than them but she was always around them. Jiyoon remembered the cute and short Hyuna, now it was the beautiful and y Hyuna…
 
« I’m off in twenty minutes, you wait for me? » Asked Hyuna. Jiyoon nodded.
 
Jiyoon followed Hyuna in the streets. « So you work for my parents company too? »
 
Hyuna nodded. « The Jeon company built new motels here so they hired a lot of people, it’s good for the city, and for me, I needed a part time job after college. » Explained Hyuna.
 
« I see. » Said Jiyoon.
 
« Here we are! » Said Hyuna happily. They entered the house, it was huge for a student house. « I live here with some friends. » Said Hyuna seeing the look on Jiyoon face.
 
« What a beautiful house. » Said Jiyoon. Jiyoon family was rich, but now she lived in a little city in a poor apartment… 
 
« Girls I’m home! » Said Hyuna.
 
« Welcome home! » Said a cute girl with red hair.
 
« This is Sohyun. » Said Hyuna. « And the old one is Jihyun, but we call her Namji! »
 
Jiyoon saluted them. « I’m Jiyoon. » 
 
« Welcome home. » Said Namji. 
 
« I tell her she could stay here some days. » Said Hyuna. « Hope it’s okay with you? »
 
Sohyun nodded, Namji looked at Jiyoon then at Hyuna. « If you trust her, I’m okay. » Smiled the dark haired girl.
 
« Thanks unnie!! » Said Hyuna.
 
Hyuna showed the house to Jiyoon. Then they sat in the living room. Hyuna didn’t stop talking, she explained how she meet her roommates and how were her class at college, Jiyoon hear about her entire live. Then she talked about high school and how she followed Jiyoon and Gayoon everywhere. Hyuna admired her unnies a lot.
 
« And you, were did you go all this time? » Asked Hyuna. « I never knew if the rumors were true… »
 
« What the rumors say? » Asked Jiyoon curious.
 
Hyuna pouted. « That you were in the us for studies. »  
 
Jiyoon started laughing. « Really? In the us? »
 
« Yeah, if not you would have came back to see us… » Said Hyuna. Then Jiyoon stopped to laugh.
 
« I wasn’t in the us, I was close to Busan. » Said Jiyoon. « But I couldn’t come back… »
 
« Really? Why? » asked Sohyun curious.
 
Namji looked at her. « Don’t be impolite, come with me, we will make the diner. » Said Namji letting Hyuna and Jiyoon alone.
 
Jiyoon looked at the two left. « So why? » Asked Hyuna. « It wasn’t the same without you… Even Gayoon was sad. »
 
« I know. » Said Jiyoon. « I was sad too, but I couldn’t stay, I had a argument with my parents… it was better for me to left. » Explained Jiyoon. 
 
Hyuna pouted. « If you fought with your parents you should have come to my house or Gayoon house you know. »
 
Jiyoon shook her head. « My parents didn’t want to make a scandal, with the company and all… » Hyuna nodded. 
 
« Diner’s ready! » Said Sohyun. Hyuna and Jiyoon helped to set the table to eat.
 
During the dinner Jiyoon talked a lot with Namji and Sohyun, the girls were very nice. Jiyoon was happy that Hyuna find friends like them. 
 
It was time to sleep and Hyuna put a mattress on the floor. « Here, if it’s to hard and you can’t sleep well, just come in my bed. » Said Hyuna. Jiyoon nodded.
 
Hyuna fell asleep immediately. Jiyoon couldn’t sleep, everything that happened to her today came in her mind. Her dad was dead… Her mother lost all her points of reference and Gayoon hated her. Jiyoon started crying.
 
Why her dad needed to die before they find a way to make everything up…? Why he let her mother alone, why did he put her in the company? Why her life was so complicated? Maybe god was punishing her for being gay…
Jiyoon fell asleep crying. 
 
In the morning, she wake up feeling someone close to her. It was Hyuna. « Hello. » Said the young girl smiling.
 
« Hello. » Said Jiyoon. « I thought I was allowed to come in your bed, not you coming in mine… » Joked Jiyoon.
 
Hyuna made a face. « … you were crying in your sleep… » Confessed the young girl. « I thought a hug would made you feel better. »
 
« Thanks. » Said Jiyoon.
 
« Today is the big day. It’s your dad’s funeral… » Jiyoon nodded. « So hurry. » Said Hyuna standing up.
 
« I don’t know if I should go… » Said Jiyoon.
 
Hyuna frowned. « You need to go. It’s your dad, and even if you fight, you need to respect him. So you go. » Said Hyuna. Jiyoon smiled at her friend.
 
A lot of people were here. Hyuna came too. The young girl took Jiyoon and sat beside Jiyoon’s mother. The woman seemed happy to see her daughter here. Gayoon was here too. Hyuna smiled at her. Then she looked at Jiyoon, the girl didn’t even look at Gayoon and Gayoon ignored her…
 
The ceremony ended and Jiyoon’s mother cried in her daughter arms. Everybody started to left. Jiyoon took her mother and called a cab.
 
« Jiyoon, stay with me, please… I don’t want to loose you again, not after loosing your dad. » Said the woman. « Not only the company need you… I need you too. » Confessed the woman.
 
Jiyoon couldn’t let her mother like that. « I will stay a little, I will make sure everything is okay. » Said Jiyoon sighing. « I will try to make you proud of me… »
 
« I’m already so proud of you… » Said her mother hugging her. « I love you Jiyoonie… »       
 
 
Jiyoon let her mother in the cab and turn around. Hyuna was talking with Gayoon. « Great, what are they talking about… » Whispered Jiyoon. She walked to them. « Hyuna. We can go home now. » Said Jiyoon coldly. 
 
« But- »
 
« It’s okay. See you next time Hyuna-ah. » Cut Gayoon looking at Jiyoon before leaving.
 
Hyuna frowned. « Will one of you tell me what’s wrong? » Asked the young girl.
 
« Nothing. » Said Jiyoon walking away.
 
Hyuna followed her. « That’s what Gayoon said, but I know there is something going on… If not you would be hugging and joking together. » Said Hyuna.
 
« Can’t you understand that I’m not in a joking mood right now?! » Said Jiyoon raising up her voice.
 
Hyuna looked down. « Sorry unnie… » 
 
Jiyoon felt bad. « No I’m sorry… » She hugged Hyuna. « It’s just a bad day okay… I’m sorry. Can we go home? »
 
Hyuna nodded.
 
Jiyoon stayed in her bed all day. Hyuna came in the end of the day. « Unnie? » 
 
Jiyoon groaned. « hum? »
 
« Aren’t you hungry, you have ate nothing all day… » Said shyly Hyuna.
 
« I’m okay… » Said Jiyoon. « I just want to sleep right now… »
 
Hyuna nodded.
 
When she came down, Namji looked at her « So? » Hyuna shook her head no. « Let her some time… she just lost her dad… » Said Namji reassuring the young girl.
 
The next day, Jiyoon came to see her mother. The woman seemed better than the day before. She took her daughter to the company, she let her with one of the assistant, he explained her everything. When they came back, her mother were talking with Gayoon. Jiyoon almost forget that the girl worked here…
 
Gayoon looked at her and left them.
 
« Jung Ilhoon showed you what you needed to see? » Asked her mother. Jiyoon nodded. « So you start tomorrow? »
 
« No I need to read the last reports. I will stay here the afternoon. » Said Jiyoon. Her mother nodded.
 
Jiyoon looked at her mother left. Then she entered her dad office. Ilhoon showed her where were the files and how they were classed. She thanked him and he left her.
 
Jiyoon stayed in her dad’s office all day, reading all the last reports, she needed to know everything to help the company even without her dad. She needed to know how all the hotels were functioning and how the company managed them. 
 
She called Ilhoon. He came quickly in her office.
 
« Do you need something else? » He asked politely.
 
Jiyoon took some files. « Here, who manage this? » She asked showing him the new motels. 
 
« Your dad supervised everything himself, I manage everything about the food, and the restoration with my team, and manager Heo manage the rooms and the clients. » He explained. Jiyoon nodded. « You want me to call manager Heo? » He asked.
 
Jiyoon shook her head. « No, thanks manager Jung, it okay. »
 
Ilhoon looked at her. « Here » he said. He took a big file. « You had the list of every people who work here, with every information about them and they role. » He took an another one. « Here it’s the information about the 4 hotels and the 3 new motels. » Then he took the last one on the shelf. « This one is about the management teams, my team and manager Heo team and how we manage all the hotels. »
 
Jiyoon smiled. « Thank you very much. » Said Jiyoon. « I know why my dad put you at the head of one of the management team… » 
 
He bowed and left her. In the corridor he saw Gayoon. « Oh Gayoon! What do you think about the big boss’s daughter? » He asked walking with Gayoon. He looked at her. « She seems very determinate, it’s not easy to replace Mister Jeon…»  Gayoon nodded. « Did you meet her at least? »
 
« I don’t need to. » Said coldly Gayoon.
 
Ilhoon frowned. « She is very nice, and one of us should stay with her at the beginning. You and me were the most closer to her dad, and we know how to manage this company… » 
 
Gayoon looked at him. « Then help her. » She said.
 
« You almost did Jeon work lately when he was very sick and couldn’t come here. Only you can assist her. You’re much better than me… » Explained Ilhoon.
 
Gayoon frowned. « Don’t say such things, you’re a very talented manager. »
 
« Yeah but for food, you can manage this hotels with closed eyes, come on. I don’t want to see the Jeon company to go bankrupt… This work is all my live and it’s the same for you. » Said Ilhoon. « Think about it. »
 
Gayoon sighed. 
 
It was late and Jiyoon was still in her dad’s office. She was almost asleep when Gayoon entered the office.
 
« Oh sorry, I didn’t know you were still here… » Said Gayoon.
 
Jiyoon rubbed her eyes. « Why are you still here too? It’s like 1AM… » Asked Jiyoon.
 
Gayoon took the files she needed. « We had an important client this night. » Jiyoon nodded. « But you can leave if you want, Ilhoon and I can manage everything for you. » Said Gayoon. « We did all the work till months… » She explained. 
 
« What de you mean? » Asked Jiyoon.
 
« Your dad was so sick this past few months… We know what to do to make everything okay, so don’t bother staying here and leave if you don’t want to stay in Seoul. » Said Gayoon. 
 
« I promised my mom to stay. » Said Jiyoon.
 
« Yeah, and you promised we will be friend forever. » Said Gayoon leaving the office.
 
Jiyoon sighed and hit her head on the desk. « Ouch! » She said but stayed with her head on the desk…
 
During the week Jiyoon tried her best to find her marks and being more familiar with the company, she meet a lot of officemen and other people who worked in the company.    
  
She meet the teams management. And even if Gayoon was ignoring her, she was now familiar with this two important teams…
 
Jiyoon came by Hyuna work that night and they came home. Namji was making the diner so Jiyoon helped her.
 
« Namji…? » Asked Jiyoon shyly.
 
« What is it? » Said Namji.
 
« I was thinking about staying here a little longer. And I wanted to know if you were okay to let me stay here with you…? » Asked Jiyoon. « I don’t want to live with my mother and I don’t want to be alone… » Explained Jiyoon. « I will help with the tasks and I will help pay the bills. » 
 
Namji nodded. « I’m okay, but ask the girls too, even if I’m sure they will be more than okay to keep you. » Smiled the older girl. 
 
Sohyun and Hyuna agreed and Hyuna decided to celebrate their new roommate. They made a cake and drank some beers. For the first time since a long time Jiyoon felt better. 
 
At work Jiyoon gained the respect and the sympathy from all the workers. Even if Gayoon didn’t talk to her, they worked together and passed a lot of time together. Gayoon was always with her and finally they made a pretty good team together, they agreed without a word about all the important decisions.
 
Jiyoon was at her desk, and Gayoon was on the phone. Jiyoon couldn’t stop herself, Gayoon was so pretty in this suit. And her serious face was…
 
Jiyoon stopped looking at her and looked at the files on her desk. She couldn’t let the feelings that she had tried to forget a long time ago come back to her now…
 
« Jeon Jiyoon?! » Said Gayoon irritated. « Are you listening to me? » Jiyoon looked up. Gayoon rolled her eyes. « It about the wedding »
 
« Oh, Ilhoon work on the menu and the organization in the restaurant with his team, we reserved the bar and the rooms for the guests, but we need to finish the interior design and the flower arranging. » Said Jiyoon.
 
« So I will call the florist. » Said Gayoon.
 
« And I will meet the designer for the reception hall. » Completed Jiyoon.
 
Gayoon nodded and called the florist, Jiyoon called the designer and made a appointment.
 
The phone rang again, Jiyoon picked up.
 
Gayoon looked at her. Jiyoon worked very hard for the company. This was the Jiyoon she liked, always here to help, and very determinate, sometime a little in her own world but always here when you need her. 
 
« Really? Wait for me, I will be here in 4 minutes! » Said Jiyoon.
 
Gayoon frowned. « What is it? »
 
Joyoon had a serious look on her face. « The motel 2, there is fire in one of the room. » Said Jiyoon putting her jacket.
 
« What?! » Said Gayoon « Wait I come too. » Gayoon took her keys and Jiyoon followed her, they meet Ilhoon in the corridor.
 
« Replace us, we had an urgency at one of the motel. » Said Jiyoon. Ilhoon was worried but he nodded.
 
When they arrived the firemen were stopping the fire. Gayoon called her teammate. A young man came.
 
« Hyunsik, what happened? » asked Gayoon worried.
 
« It’s an accident, an old man were smoking in the room and he put his cigarette on the window but with the wind the curtain started to ignite… » He explained. « All the floor is closed and the rooms up stairs too… » He sighed. Gayoon and Jiyoon looked at the building. The firemen was securizing it. 
 
The police came and Hyunsik explained the situation. Jiyoon closed the motel. 
 
Jiyoon was in the car with Gayoon. « Why am I so unlucky… » Sighed Jiyoon. « I destruct everything good in my life what will think my mom, and my dad… he created this company… »
 
« Don’t blame yourself, it’s an accident. We will find a way to fix this… » Said Gayoon.
 
Jiyoon looked at her. « You don’t ignore me anymore? »
 
« Don’t start. » Said Gayoon. Jiyoon rolled her eyes. 
 
They arrived in the office, they informed everybody about the fire. 
 
« Luckily nobody had been hurt... » Said Jiyoon. Ilhoon nodded. 
 
The next day, Jiyoon called some construction worker. Gayoon entered the office. « Already here? » She asked. Jiyoon nodded. Gayoon looked at her. « Did you sleep here? » Jiyoon didn’t answer. « You wear the same clothes that yesterday. » Said Gayoon.
 
« So what? » Said Jiyoon.
 
« Nothing I just ask… » Said Gayoon sitting at the other desk. « You don’t have to push yourself to much, we will fix this. » Said Gayoon.
 
« I push myself because that what my dad would want. » Said Jiyoon.
 
Gayoon rolled her eyes. « It was an accident, how many time do I need to tell you that? Don‘t blame yourself and focus on the next things.»
 
« Don’t tell me what to do, it’s not your company, don’t forget it’s mine now. » Said Jiyoon. « And I will took the blame for everything that happened in one of this hotels. »
 
Gayoon sighed. « You’re so frustrating. » Groaned Gayoon. 
 
Jiyoon shook her head. « Whatever, hate me if you want. »
 
« … what I want to say it’s that it’s not new, we already had an incident like that before, we can fix it. » Explained Gayoon. « We have insurance. » 
 
« I know but still, I’m worried about the workers, we need to fix this quickly, we can’t make them lost they job. » Said Jiyoon.
 
« We’re all worried, I just don’t want you to push yourself to much. I don’t want to do your work if you’re sick or too tired. »
 
« I- » 
 
They were cut by Ilhoon. He looked at them. « Sorry I knocked but… »
 
« It’s okay. » Said Jiyoon. « What is it? »
 
They talked about work and finally at the end of the day Jiyoon came home. The girls were on the couch, Hyuna and Sohyun were asleep and Namji looked at the TV.
 
The older one turned and looked at Jiyoon. « Hyuna put soup in the fridge for you. »
 
« Thanks. » Said Jiyoon. Namji pushed the young girls and stood up. She came in the kitchen with Jiyoon. « Hard day? » Asked Jiyoon.
 
Namji looked at the two girls asleep. « Kind off, we passed exams today. » Explained Namji. « And you? Hyuna said one of your motel caught fire…? » Jiyoon nodded. « You will not leave again? » Asked Namji. Jiyoon shook her head no. « Good, because Hyuna is very happy with you here. You’re like a big sister to her, she talked about you a lot before we meet… She missed you a lot. »
 
Jiyoon smiled. « I missed her too. I missed my family and Gayoon… » Explained Jiyoon. « I can’t left again, it will be too painful. I can see my mom almost everyday and we try to make things work between us, I work with my old best friend and I live with Hyuna. I don’t want to lost this… »
 
The next morning Jiyoon find Gayoon in the office. The woman was already working. Jiyoon apologized about the day before. She panicked a little. Gayoon apologized too.  Jiyoon sat in her chair and looked at Gayoon. Even if Gayoon wasn’t hating her, their relationship wasn’t very friendly either…
 
Some weeks passed and Jiyoon was in her bed, it was late and Hyuna came in the room. The younger one jumped in her bed. « Are you sleeping? » She asked Jiyoon.
 
« Not yet. » Said Jiyoon. « Why? »
 
« Can I ask you something? » 
 
Jiyoon sat in her bed. « What is it? »
 
« I was talking with the girls and I was wondering something… » Said Hyuna. « You said you fought with your parents, but about what? » Jiyoon didn’t know how to explain herself. « It must be important… Right? » Said Hyuna looking at her friend. « We talked about it and Namji said that they probably threw you out of the house… »
 
« She’s right. » Said Jiyoon. « I wasn’t like they wanted me to be… »
 
Hyuna frowned. « It’s because you were stupid? »
 
« I wasn’t stupid! » Said Jiyoon.
 
Hyuna laughed. « I know I’m joking. » Smiled the young one. « It was because of Gayoon? » Jiyoon frowned. « You loved her… »
 
« I never tell anybody about that, how do you know…? » Said Jiyoon
 
Hyuna smiled. « Come on, I remember, it was written all over your face! » Jiyoon rolled her eyes. 
 
« I just tell them the truth… If the girls want me to left I understand… » Said Jiyoon. « They probably don’t want to live with a lesbian… »
 
Hyuna rolled her eyes and slapped her leg. « You are very stupid. We don’t care about that. You have the right to love who you want. »
 
« They’re okay with that? » Asked Jiyoon chocked. 
 
« Of course we’re okay, It’s not like you’re a murderer or something like that. » Said Hyuna. « We like you. »
 
Jiyoon smiled. « Thank you… »
 
Hyuna rolled her eyes. She jumped on Jiyoon bed. « Let me hug you now. » Said the young girl happy.
 
The next morning Jiyoon wake up with Hyuna in her bed. « Hey sleepy head. » Said Jiyoon. « You will be late. »
 
Hyuna opened her eyes and jumped out of the bed. « You’re right!!! I will be late for class we had exams again!! »
 
Jiyoon smiled. She took Hyuna by the hand and hugged her. « A good luck hug. You will do well, see you tonight. » 
 
Hyuna nodded and left. Sohyun and Namji were waiting for her. Jiyoon left a little later to work too. 
 
Gayoon wasn’t here yet, Jiyoon sat and looked at the lastest reports. Gayoon entered and bowed, she sat and they worked. It was almost noon when Jiyoon stood up. It was a sunny day, it was warm and Jiyoon was in a very good mood. 
 
« We could eat together today? » Said Jiyoon.
 
Gayoon looked at her. « Sorry I can’t. » 
 
Jiyoon sighed « You said that every time I ask… »
 
« Don’t you get the message? » Asked Gayoon.
 
« But I thought we were okay now… » Said Jiyoon.
 
Gayoon looked at her. « We’re okay, but I don’t want to be that close with you again. » Explained Gayoon. 
 
« I know that I made some mistakes, but we’re adult now, I won’t do them again… » Said Jiyoon. « Come on! » insisted Jiyoon.
 
« I can’t, I need to finish this. » 
 
Jiyoon was irritated by Gayoon attitude. « Right like you want. » Jiyoon sat again and continued to work. She didn’t eat that day. 
 
The next days were tense, even Ilhoon felt a little uncomfortable between the two women. The office were silent. Jiyoon jumped when the phone rang.
 
It was Eunkwang from the management team in the hotel 3.
 
« It’s the elevator. » He explained. 
 
« The elevator? It’s broken? » Asked Jiyoon.
 
« Maybe… it don’t want to go to the 7th floor… » Explained Eunkwang. « I tried the manual commend but nothing works. »
 
« Okay, I will be here in 10 minutes. » Said Jiyoon. She hang up and sighed. « The elevator in the hotel 3 doesn’t work… » Said Jiyoon. « Do you want to come? »
 
Gayoon nodded, a part of her team worked in the hotel 3. It will be easyer if the go with Jiyoon. They arrived in the hotel, Eunkwang was in front of the elevator, they had take to pieces the electrical power supply box.
 
« I don’t understand why he don’t want to go up there… » Sighed Eunkwang.
 
« Maybe it’s not working because it’s empty. » Jiyoon entered the elevator, Gayoon followed. « Try again now. » Said Jiyoon.
 
Eunkwang used the manual commend and the elevator started going up.
 
« Seems like it‘s working. » Said Jiyoon… till it stopped. « No it’s not working…» Said Jiyoon.
 
« Why did I follow you? » Asked Gayoon. « Now we’re stuck between the 4th and the 5th floor… next time you had some genius idea don’t take me with you. »
 
« I didn’t ask you to come in the elevator. » Said Jiyoon. « And I was right, he worked a little… »
 
Gayoon rolled her eyes. « I hope Eunkwang will find a way to help us quickly… »
 
They waited in silence during half an hour. Then Jiyoon sat on the floor of the elevator. She sighed. Being stuck in this little place with an angry Gayoon wasn’t easy. Gayoon looked at her sometimes with her dark look…
 
Gayoon looked at her again. Jiyoon sighed. « Will you stop looking at me like that? » Gayoon ignored her. « It’s not like you can hate more… »
 
« I don’t hate you… » Jiyoon looked at her. « Okay, maybe a little… » said Gayoon sitting on the floor too. « What he’s doing! » Groaned Gayoon. 
 
 
After some time, Gayoon sighed. « I’m sorry. » Jiyoon looked at her surprise. « I don’t hate you, this is just so frustrating… »
 
« No, you have the right to hate me. » Said Jiyoon. « I left everybody… »
 
« It’s not like you had the choice… »
 
Jiyoon frowned.  « They tell you? »
 
Gayoon nodded. « They asked you to leave… I know, your dad told me. »
 
« Did he tell you why? » Gayoon nodded again. Jiyoon looked down. « I kind of understand that you left, but I was hoping you would came back for me, and for Hyuna…that maybe you would tell us what happened but you just left so I started being very angry at you » Explained Gayoon, « But even were your dad were sick we didn’t see you... »
 
Jiyoon swallowed hard. « I thought it would be better for everybody if I just disappeared… But how did you become so close to my parents? »
 
« I came often to your house to ask them if they had heard about you when you left… Then I failed in high school and stopped going to school. When your parents heard about that they took me like their daughter and your dad offered me a job. I started as an assistant, I was doing coffe and photocopy… then he gave me more and more responsibilities and I ended up in the management team, last year he put me at the head of the team. » Explained Gayoon. « I owe your family a lot… » Jiyoon stayed silent. « When in started working here, 5 years ago, your dad talked to me and confessed that he threw you out of the house because you told him you were gay. » Said Gayoon. « He hoped that one day you would came back and forgive him… »
 
« I don’t understand why he didn’t came to see me… » Said Jiyoon. « I was waiting for him to accept me. »
 
Gayoon smiled « You’re the same with your dad, he was afraid you would reject him like he rejected you. »
 
Jiyoon thought about it. Her dad was waiting for her and she was waiting for him. None of them did the first move and now it was to late…
 
Jiyoon frowned. « If you knew everything why where you still angry at me when I came back? »
 
Gayoon bit her lips. « It’s… I was…- »
 
The elevator came down the ground floor and the door opened. « You’re free! » Said Eunkwang pround of himself. He looked at the girls. Gayoon left quickly.
 
Jiyoon frowned and thanked Eunkwang. Now the elevator were working again. Jiyoon started running, she followed Gayoon in the streets. « Gayoon, wait! » But Gayoon didn’t stop, she walked very quickly. « Heo Gayoon! » Said Jiyoon cacthing Gayoon by the arm.
 
« What? »
 
« Why are you like this suddenly? » Asked Jiyoon. « We were finally talking about all this mess and you’re angry again… I’m sorry if you hopped it wasn’t true, I’m sorry if it bother you that I’m gay, I’m- »
 
« Shut up! » Said Gayoon. Jiyoon stopped talking immediately. Gayoon pushed her away. « Let me alone. » Jiyoon looked at Gayoon going in her car and left.
 
Jiyoon took a cab and came back home. Sohyun were on the couch. « You’re alone? » asked Jiyoon. Sohyun nodded and let some place for Jiyoon to sit.
 
« How was your day? » Asked the young girl.
 
« Normal at the beginning then bad, and you? What about the exam? » Asked Jiyoon.
 
« Good, we had the results and we all passed, Hyuna took Namji out tonight, but I was to tired to follow them… » Explained Sohyun. 
 
Jiyoon smiled at her. « Congratulation! » Sohyun smiled. « Are you hungry? » Sohyun nodded. Jiyoon made a salad and they ate. 
 
« So what happened to you today? » Asked Sohyun.
 
« I had a fight with Gayoon. » Said Jiyoon.
 
Sohyun looked at her with wide eyses. « Really? About what? » Asked Sohyun curious.
 
« I don’t even know… » Confessed Jiyoon. « She was so angry suddenly? »
 
Sohyun thought about something. « She do that sometime. » Said Sohyun. The last time she was here with Hyuna and sudently Gayoon was angry and they fight. » Explained Sohyun. « But they apologized the next day so don’t worry. »
 
« I don’t think it will be that easy this time. » Sighed Jiyoon.
 
Sohyun looked at Jiyoon. « You must know that already but Gayoon is not very good at letting her feelings out. Hyuna need to insist a lot before Gayoon explain why she is sad or why she is angry… »
 
« I know but I never needed to insist, Gayoon would tell me everything before. Now she’s kind of different… » said Jiyoon. Sohyun nodded. « But I think I changed too, we grew up in dfferent places this past few years… »
 
At work, Jiyoon walked in the corridor, Ilhoon needed her in the kitchen. A client didn’t stop complain about the food. And all the worker in the hotel didn’t know what to do anymore.
 
Jiyoon looked at the chef. « Made another one. »
 
« But we served him three time and he complained for all the plates… » Said Ilhoon.
 
« We will serve him till he like the plate. » Said Jiyoon. « It’s probably an inspector… » She whispered to Ilhoon. 
 
Ilhoon looked at her with wide eyes. « Is that possible? »
 
Jiyoon nodded. « My dad is dead and they probably what to see how we manage everything. Tell everybody to treat him very well. I will bring him is plate my self. » Said Jiyoon 
 
« But I think Gayoon is talking to him… » Said Ilhoon. « He complained about the room service and something about the mattress… » 
 
Jiyoon frowned. « Which room? »
 
« 285. » Said Ilhoon.
 
Jiyoon run and find Gayoon arguing with a tall man in front of the door. « I saw nothing, this room had been correctly tidy up. » Said Gayoon. « I will call the security if you keep bothering us for nothing. » Explained Gayoon.
 
« So you treat your clients like that? » asked the man. 
 
Jiyoon frowned. She walked till the arguing people and cleared her thorax. « Sorry. You are? » She asked to the man. 
 
«  Jang Hyun Seung » Said the man.
 
Jiyoon looked at him in the eyes. « I know why you’re here, and we won’t do favor for you, is that clear? I asked all my workers to treat you like every other clients we have. » Jiyoon turned to Gayoon. « You did very well. » She turned to Hyun Seung again. « Now if you’re still hungry, your plate. » She said seeing Ilhoon coming with the food trolley. « Do you want me to inspect the room? »
 
« No » Said the man irritated. He entered his room and ate his food, the next day he gave Jiyoon his report and leave the hotel.
 
Gayoon entered the office and bowed. « I’m sorry, you shouldn’t have to take the blame for me… I treated him very hard, I was angry, and didn’t do my work like I should have… I’m very sorry. » Said Gayoon.
 
Jiyoon looked at the report, Hyun Seung explained it was a very good hotel, with lots of services and caring workers. Jiyoon was pretty happy. « Don’t worry, he said good things in his report. »
 
« Really? » Asked Gayoon a little chocked. Jiyoon nodded. « I think you kind of pressure him… » Said Gayoon.
 
« Maybe, but I couldn’t let him criticize our hotels like that… » Said Jiyoon. Gayoon nodded. « Can we talk? I really need to talk to you. » Asked Jiyoon. Gayoon shook her head and left the office. All day Jiyoon tried to talk to her but Gayoon kept ignoring her, the older girl didn‘t want to talk about what happened the other day in the elevator.
 
The next morning, Jiyoon waited to go to work, the stood in the parking lot and waited for Gayoon to arrive. When she was here, Jiyoon hided and followed her. She heard Gayoon asking Ilhoon if Jiyoon was in the office. Ilhoon said no so Gayoon entered the office. Jiyoon ran en entrered the office too, she closed the door and kept the key in her hand.
 
« What are you doing? » Asked Gayoon. « Open this door please. »  Jiyoon shook her head. « Come on, I thought we were adult now so open this door. » But Jiyoon kept shaking her head no. Gayoon rolled her eyes and sat. « What do you want? »
 
« I want to be your friend again, I want us to talk to each other, I want our frienship back. » Confessed Jiyoon. « And even if I know you probably don’t want to, because I’m gay and you must think it’s weird to be that close to me, but I want at least that you trust me again Gayoon. You’re so distant that it’s hurting me. » Explained Jiyoon.
 
« I tell you that I can’t. You hurt me so much when you left, how do you want me to be close to you again and trust you when you left me like I was nothing. » Said Gayoon angryly. 
 
« I’m sorry… » apologized Jiyoon. « I was really hurt too. » 
 
Gayoon shook her head. « Give me the key. »
 
« No » Said Jiyoon determinated.
 
« Give me that! » Ordered Gayoon hopping Jiyoon would obey to her. « I had work to do. » she insisted.
 
Jiyoon smiled. « It’s okay, I give your post to Hyunsik. » Said Jiyoon. « He will do your work now, I find him very talented. »
 
« What?! Are you telling me that you gave my post to someone else?! » Asked Gayoon shocked. Jiyoon nodded. « Why? Because I’m angry at you? » Asked Gayoon « You don’t have the right to do that! I have all the right to be angry at you! » Said Gayoon more en more angry. Jiyoon swallow hard, Gayoon was looking at her with this very dark look. « You want to know why? Like that you would have a good reason to fire me! When your dad tell me that you liked a girl, I hoped that I was that girl, I-I thought that maybe I would be this lucky girl. The one that you loved… » Confessed Gayoon looking down. « But I was so stupid, if you loved me or even liked me, you wouldn’t had left me like that… » Said Gayoon crying.
 
Jiyoon let the key fall from her hand. Gayoon took it.
 
« Wait. » Said Jiyoon blocking the acces to the door with her own body. « You hoped that I loved you? »
 
Gayoon frowned. « Yeah, you were always telling me that you would protect me, even die for me, that I was the most important people in this world. That we will always be together… I was very stupid to believe you. » Said Gayoon not ready to look at Jiyoon. « The worst, is that the problem is not because I’m a girl, but because I’m me… »
 
Jiyoon took Gayoon hand. « I do loved you, and I still love you. » Said Jiyoon. « I was just too weak to tell you. I didn’t want to be rejected again, and wanted to protect you, what if everybody kept remembering you because you were friend with a lesbian? » Asked Jiyoon.
 
« Why did you always find an excuse, I don’t care about what others thought, think about how I felt when you disapered without a word? » Said Gayoon.
 
Jiyoon frowned and looked at Gayoon in the eyes, she came closer to her. « Think about how I felt, even my family rejected me, I felt so discusting for loving a perfect girl like you. » 
 
« You make me so angry at you! » Groaned Gayoon.
 
« You are the one who made me confused! » Ansered Jiyoon. 
 
Gayoon blew of anger. Jiyoon felt Gayoon breath on her face. Suddenly their lips met. It was like they were fighting in the kiss. All the frustration, the anger, the weight of this love that they shared for each other without knowing it, was showed in that kiss… Now they were making out, all the tension fell down and the girls let their feelings out, kissing passionately. 
 
They fell apart when someone knocked on the door and tried entering. Gayoon gave the key to Jiyoon and sat at her desk quickly.
 
« Nobody’s here? » Asked Ilhoon voice behind the door. « Gayoon?! » He said. Then he sighed. « But I saw her entered here… Where are they?! » He asked before leaving. 
 
Jiyoon waited for him to left and opened the door. She turned to Gayoon, and when their eyes met the two women blushed hard. Then Gayoon laughed. « Look at us, we look like two teenage girls… » She joked.
 
« It because of all the time we missed… » Smiled Jiyoon. 
 
Then Ilhoon passed in the corridor again and saw the door open and the girls at their desk. He frowned and looked  at them. « Where were you? » He asked curious. 
 
« I just arrived. » Lied Jiyoon.
 
« I was checking the cleaning room team. » Lied the other girl.
 
Ilhoon looked at them. « Oh… » He shook his head and look at Gayoon, asking her to follow him.
 
« I was just looking for you all this time because I wanted to congratulate you! » Smiled the young man when they were walking in the corridor.
 
« For what? » Asked Gayoon confused remembering that Jiyoon fired her…
 
« You didn’t see it yesterday on the bulletin board? » Asked Ilhoon. « Everybody talk about it. » He explained happy. « You’re co-manager with the big boss now! » He said very happy for his friend. 
 
« I’m what?!… But I thought that she fired me… » Said Gayoon.
 
Ilhoon hugged her. « It was your dream to work in this office, you do it since a long time, but now it’s official, and Hyunsik took your place! It’s so great for him, he deserve this job as much as you deserve your new post. » Said Ilhoon. « I have work, I just wanted to say congratulation! » He add singing the last word.
 
Gayoon looked at him singing in the corridor then she turn around and entered the office again. « So I’m co-manager with you now? » Asked Gayoon. Jiyoon nodded. « That’s why you gave my post to Hyunsik? » Jiyoon nodded again. « You did that because you love me…? » 
 
Jiyoon shook her head. « I do love you, but you were the best for this job. You’re the only one who can manage this company. Without you I couldn’t have fixed everything. That why I want you to be my partner. I thought about this till a week. » Said Jiyoon.
 
« You should have tell me before… » Said Gayoon thinking about the scene the made when she hear that Jiyoon gave her post to Hyunsik.
 
« Didn’t you hear me said ‘our hotels’ ? » Asked Jiyoon. « Plus… » Said Jiyoon walking toward Gayoon. « We needed that fight to let out all our feelings… » She said kissing Gayoon. I know that you need some pressure to tell me everything.
 
Gayoon blushed. « You won’t left me again? »
 
Jiyoon smiled. « Never… »
 
 
FIN