FINAL

123.

I GOT THIS STORY IDEA FROM THIS INSTRUMENTAL.
SO HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO READ THIS STORY WHILE LISTENING TO THIS MUSIC.

 

 



 

 

 

 

                Luhan and Sehun were a childhood friends. They were always together, wherever and whenever. Luhan was a cheerful guy while Sehun was a cold one, but somehow, the differences between their characters made it easier for them to understand  each other.
 
                Since in High School, Sehun had never been friended with anyone because he rarely to smile and acted like distancing himself from others. That was when he met Luhan, one of the most popular guy in his school. He had a brown hair and big eyes. Although he was a male, his face looked so beautiful and cute at the same time.
 
                 In their first meetings, Sehun always trying to push Luhan away. He hated to get close or even making friends with popular people, he wanted to be alone and it suited him more. But Luhan never gave up even just once and always trying to bring himself closer and closer.
 
                  Sehun remembered he ever punched Luhan's face as hard as possible because Luhan ignored his warnings about not to talk with him in class. His punch was so strong that it made Luhan's nose slightly broken, but Luhan did never complain. He just wiped his bloody nose with the back of his hand and smiled at him in return.
 
                   Luhan was so kind, and cheerful. He never expect anything more from Sehun. He was always there to cheer Sehun up when he was feeling down, he always standing at the forefront to protect him when he was being beaten by jerks, he always pulling him and embraced him in his thin yet muscular arms as Sehun crying when his parents were arguing hard, he had always been the first person who waid happy birthday, he always taking care of Sehun when the younger sick and no one cares about him, he also always became the very first even when his helps weren't really needed.
                 Luhan always smiling, he always laughing. That what made Sehun let him got into his world. Sehun stopped for pushing Luhan away, he stopped for punching him, he also stopped for trying to pull himself away. He remembered when Luhan's eyes full of happy tears as Sehun -for the first time- congratulated his18th birthday.
 
                    Three years passed and Sehun started to realize his feelings for the thinner man. Without further ado he also confessed his feelings. And Luhan crying in response. Crying for the second time after three years he had never seen Luhan cry. Luhan threw himself into Sehun's arms, sobbing, saying Thank You continuously even when he realized he really didn't need to say it.
 
                  20th April 2012, for the first time Sehun kissed Luhan right on the lips. It was his 22's birthday. And for the third time, Luhan cried, hugging him tightly and smashed his lips on Sehun's for a passionate kiss. That day was also their first night since they were together.
 
                        Their relationship went too well. And Luhan was the best boyfriend for Sehun. He did never ask Sehun to buy something for him, forcing Sehun for his wants, suspecting him, nor being mad at him. Luhan was being so mature, wise, and friendly. Every time they met, Luhan always smiling, he was always laughing, he always hugging Sehun tightly. And every time they met, Sehun never found Luhan without his smile.
     
 Luhan loved Sehun so much, as much as Sehun's love for him.
 

 

                    "Luhan?" Sehun waved his hand in front of his boyfriend's face. It was already one and a half minute Luhan's eyes looked so blank, even though the TV screen he was watching  had been turned off, Luhan still staring at it as if there was something interesting.
 
"Luhan? Hey? "Sehun waved his hand for the second time.
 
                       Luhan let out a soft gasp before he finally turned and gave a respond. A big smile suddenly appeared on his beautiful yet skinny face. Although his body was getting thinner each year, Sehun did never really mind.
"Yes?" Luhan smiled.
"What's wrong? Something's bothering you? "
 
                  The older answered with a shaking head, laughing softly. He punched Sehun's arm lightly before he hugged him as tight as he could. "It's nothing, I'm just a little sleepy That's all."
 
                       Sehun smiled and hugged him back. Letting Luhan to fall asleep in his embraces. The next day, he woke up and found Luhan wasn't in his arms anymore. A blanket enveloped him and a cup of hot coffee could be seen on the counter along with a small scrap of paper.
 
'Good morning handsome ^ ^ have a nice day ~ I love you'
 
                  The next few days Luhan didn't seem as usually, he became more moody and a bit calm. Although he tried to cover it up with a big grin everytime Sehun tried to ask him. The younger wouldn't  be fooled easily. He knew Luhan was hiding something.
 
                  Few months had been passed. And it was a day before the Luhan's birthday. 20th April 2013. Sehun planning to buy one pair of branded clothes  for Luhan secretly via online. Unfortunately Luhan found out his plans and refused, he didn't need a gift, he said.
"But Lu-"
                "I said I don't need it!" Luhan interrupted. "I really don't need such an expensive gift, Sehun. Please don't ever waste your money just to buy me gifts." He added.
 
                  Sehun could'not help but sighed. He rubbed his Adam's apple with his index finger before looking back at the screen. A photograph of the latest expensive jacket could be seen in it. "I've never bought you a real gift. Most of them, it was candies or cakes. "
"But I really don't want you to waste your money just because of me." Luhan protest.
 
      A small frown appeared between Sehun's brows.
"Sehun, listen, don't. I don't need it and I also don't want it." Luhan said. "Just knowing you always remember my birthday is enough for me."
"I knew you'd say that." Sehun sighed. "You never want to accept anything from me."
"Sehun-ah, it's not like tha-"
"prove it."
 
                    Luhan shut his mouth, and Sehun didn't bother to say anything. Sehuns attention back to his computer screen as Luhan busy thinking about something while staring at his manly back from behind.
"Then I'm going to ask you something."
 
     Sehun didn't budge.
"I said I was going to ask you something, Sehun-ah .."
 
                  Sehun, without even need to turn his body around, he could make a bet if Luhan was smiling at him from behind. A smile that looked as charming and as calming as always. "What do you want?"
"Party."
"Party?"
   
      Luhan nodded, "yes, party. I meant, a simple birthday party. I want to celebrate a birthday party for the first time with you. "
"That's it?"
"For the first time, yes."
 
           Sehun smiled, really, that was the first time he heard Luhan's request. He also realized if they both had never celebrated their birthday with a party. Sehun was too cold while Luhan was never feeling bothered by it. As we've mentioned before, Luhan was too kind.
 
"Okay, then. Tomorrow at 8 pm in your house. Agree? "
 
    Luhan nodded, "Fine with me."
 

 

                 Sehun drove his car with enthusiasm. It didn't need to take more that thirty minutes to arrive in front of Luhans house. His house looked so simple but luxurious at the same time.
 
                  Sehun quickly parked his car. He laughed when he saw so many balloons around the home. With one hand he touched his pocket, to make sure if a 'real' birthday present for Luhan still there. The present was nothing but a small box with a simple gold ring inside.
 
  Yes, Sehun wanted to propose Luhan that day.
 
                    Luhan immediately hugged Sehun tightly as soon as he opened the door. A wide smile spread across his face that looked so happy. He wasn't even mad when he realized Sehun just wearing a T-shirt while he was wearing a suit.
 
  Again, Luhan was too kind.
 
                         Sehun went in to find a room full of balloons, each balloon had a red heart sign on it and a chocolate cake with two candles on it. Sehun laughed again, making a small formed on Luhan's lips. He kissed the pouted lips within three seconds.
"Happy Birthday baby, I love you."
 
                          Luhan smiled, his eyes became watery because he wanted to cry but he tried to hold it desperately. "Thank you, I love you too."
Luhan pulled Sehun's right hand gently to approach his birthday cake. Luhan smiled as he clapped his hand with enthusiasm. "Let's blow out the candles together!"
 
Sehun chuckled, "it's your birthday, not mine."
 
"I know, but I want to do it together."
 
"Okay then." Sehun smiled. "Let's blow the candle together after a count of three, alright?"
 
Luhan nodded after he coughed. His eyes became more watery with tears again, but he wasn't crying.
 
"One ..."
Luhan coughed again
"Lu?"
"I'm okay, keep going." Luhan said.
"Alright."
"Two ..."
Sehun bowed slightly, Luhan did so. "Three-"
 
                                   Luhan tilted his head and smashed his lips onto Sehun's. He was crying this time. Sehun frowned in confused, why was Luhan crying? Why did Luhan kiss him so sudden? Why was Luhan acting strange lately?
 
                                       Sehun trying not to ask those questions and replied his kisses instead. Luhan kissed him gently and full of feeling. He hugged him so tight, his cheeks started to wet with tears. But somehow his embraces was more and more weakened, his lips kept moving, but his strength slowly disappearing.
 
Until eventually, he completely lost his power with his lips still on Sehun's.
 

 
                                20th April 2014, at 00:03 in the midnight. A man walked with a so formal clothes. A bouquet of flowers and a piece of cake were being held carefully in both hands. The man stopped in front of a tombstone that looked so clean and neat.
 
                              Sehun smiled while kneeling down. He placed a bouquet of flowers and the cake near it. He grabbed his pocket to pull out a small box and opened it, a ring that he always saved during the past year.
 
                             "Hey, how are you?" Sehun started to talk. "Today I accidentally came up with an exactly chocolate cake that you bought last year. I also brought a bouquet of your favorite flowers ... and a gift. Thank you, I have no idea what to say other than Thank You. Thank you for never get angry at me, thank you for always being the first one for me, thank you. "
 
                              "I haven't even able to reply all of your kindness yet. I couldn't even stand not to cry when I realized you've been all suffering alone for years. Why did you never tell me if you hurted so badly? why did you never tell me if you were in pain? Why didn't you ever complain to me? Why?"
 
                       "I also couldn't help but cried realizing those red heart signs on the last year balloons were your own blood. Why? Why did yo do it? Why did you have to hide it from me? Were you afraid that I would hate you and leaving you all alone if I knew your life wouldn't be last long? "
 
                        Sehun cried in silence, he leaned his forehead on the headstone gently, he uttered the words "I'm sorry." so many times in a whispers before he pressed his lips on the stone for some seconds.
 
                   "Although I still cannot propose you and I wouldn't be able to... but at least I could always be the first time to say this you ..." he hugged the gravestone tight with closed eyes. An image of Luhan was smiling at him came into his mind. Another tear fell down from his eyelid and landed gently onto the ground just before Sehun whispered.
"Happy Belated Birthday, Xi Luhan.."
 
                             He pressed his lips against the stone again, letting his tears coming out along with his feelings. He could feel a cold wind tickled his neck as he whispered to the same words again again and again.
"Happy Birthday, Lu. My Lu. I love you. "
 
 
- The End -