Final

A Friend In Need is A Friend Indeed. (Sqeuel to Wait For Me, Noona)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai smiled widely as he looked at the admisson certificate on his table. He applied into an overseas university over at Canada a few months ago and just a few hours ago, he got the certificate saying that he is now a certified student of the school. He went online and booked the tickets quickly. Better early than late, that's what they always say. The departure date was next month and Kai's heart trembled with excitement. Finally his dreams are going to come true! He promised his mom he would do her proud when he was 14 and now, he has the evidence to prove to her that he has done well. He could imagine the wide grin on her face.

The day has finally arrived. 1 month later, he was in front of the airport gates waving his last goodbye to his mum before walking through the gates, entering the other half of his future. Kai could not sleep the night before his flight since he was so excited. He promised his mum to keep in contact with her once a week using the App Store application "Fring" which allows group video calls which means even his father could join in. Kai spent half of the time wondering about his future classmates, teachers and studies. Maybe he could get himself a smart girlfriend too! He shopped aroundk the airport for a while then walked into the airplane and looked for his seat.

"Is this seat E16?" A deep husky voice sounded, shocking Nana. She looked up. Dumbfounded, opened in awe. Similarily, the boy's mouth was opened in awe. "Yeahh.." Nana muttered softly as she eyed him from head to toe. "He changed so much.." She thought to herself as she saw him take his seat beside her. "What a small world, nice meeting you here," he gave a small smile before holding his hand for Nana to shake. Nana hesitantly held her hand out for him to shake. "Why are you here?" Nana asked him, being curious. "I've been enrolled in a university in Canada so I'm going there to further my studies. You?" he asked gently. "Congrats! I'm here for my work. There's a new branch opening in Canada and i'm in charge of it," Nana smiled at him. "He became so mature after those 3 years.." She thought to herself again. "Congrats too!" he wishes back and it was the end of the conversation.

"Thank you!" Nana thanked as she took her plate of over to her own table. As she opened all the covers of the different plates of food, she stared at the plate of...monsters in front of her. From her side of her eye, she saw him take that plate of sushi away from her tray. She stared at him as she saw him turn his to face her in surprise. "What? You can't eat it anyway," he shrugged. "He remembers.." Nana thought as she turned her head back to her tray and started eating. He took all the vegetables which Nana did not eat and finished it for her. "Thanks," Nana muttered shyly. To be honest, she was shaking all the way when she was eating. His new gentleman and matured attitude was shaking Nana's heart after 3 years. She could not sleep that night on the plane. Did he change that much for me?

The bell rang and Kai rushed out of class. He could not stand being in that small area anymore. His lecturer's annoying voice continued ringing in his ears as he tried to shake it out of his mind. He shaked his head once again violently when he saw what was on his phone screen. "9 missed calls from Nana noona?" He muttered softly in surprise. He called back right away. "Noona?" "Oh, Kai. I need your help, would you help me?" "Well, it depends on the favour," "You see, my company wants me to perform with a male partner for my office dinner next week," "Are you free now, noona?" "Well, today is rest day for me," "Let's meet in front of your house," "Do you have the address?" "Message me, noona. I'll be there in 20 minutes. You get ready," "Nae. Ok, bye,"

Kai drove Nana to a practice studio near his school. They booked the practice studio for tomorrow since today they are only going to plan out a song to dance to. "Screech," screeches could be heard as both of them pulled out the chair from the table and sat down. "What song do you want to do on?" Kai looked at Nana as he broke the awkward silence. Nana shrugged. After a long period of disscussion, they decided on Only One by Boa. "Only One? Can you manage?" Kai smirked at Nana jokingly. "Your noona majored dance before too," Nana smirked back. "Challenge accepted," Kai gave a weird look to Nana. "Yah, don't give me that face, just buy coffee for me," Nana joked. She got shocked when Kai really stood up and walked to the counter. "It was merely just a joke though," Nana muttered when Kai came back with two coffees on hand. "Just treat it a gift before you enter hell then," Kai smirked. He loved making fun of Nana. From when they started dating till now. When they were discussing about the song, it would be a lie to say they did not fet closer. Not as close as before but Kai assured himself things would be back to normal after learning the dance.

"Are you ready?" Kai smirked to Nana beside him. "Readier than ever," Nana stood up and walked to the center of the dance studio. Kai went to the radio and switched it on. Nana started dancing to the part she memorised last night. Kai was suprised at Nana's improvement. She used to be super bad at dancing before. Now she's just.. Flawless, perfect. "What are you staring at?" Nana giggled as she finished dancing the part she memorised. "You improved quite a lot! You were just falling down everytime you spin years ago," Kai's word made Nana blush hard, remebering the scene where she fell down a few years ago. Actually she took dance classes. Since her boyfriend was a great dancer, she wanted to learn dance too so she took up dance back then. After breaking up with Kai, she had no more mood to attend dance class anymore so she just quitted the class. However, she was relieved that she actually took dance classes in the past.

One month later, they finally mastered 'Only One' and the due date was closer than ever. Tonight. Both of them took in a deep breath and rehearsed for the last time before changing into their performance outfits. "You look stunning," Kai complimented Nana as she walked out of the dressing room all pretty and ready for the performance.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter