Final; Meeting Him For The First &.. Last Time?

Beautiful Stranger

Kim Yoonjin's POV

It was a cold and misty Saturday and I was standing at a bus stop, shivering, even in my windbreaker. My legs were practically almost numb, knee down.

What was I doing here in this cold weather, you ask? 

Well, I had a upcoming science project that was due next week. It was a really important one and would contribute to my overall results.

And being the responsible team-mate, I called for a meet-up at my team-mate's house.

I got dressed and as I was putting on my shoes, it started to rain cats and dogs.

"Great timing," I grumbled.

I got out of my apartment with a umbrella in hand and ran a short-distance to the sheltered bus-stop.

I wiped off little water beads on my water-proof windbreaker. It felt refreshingly cold.

I watched it rain for a few more minutes and stopped abruptly, thus the hazy atmosphere. 
 
I snapped back to reality when a sudden cold wind brushed against my also-cold cheeks and a chill went down my spine.
 
I checked the time on my watch and it read, "10.10 am".
 
"I'm still early, phew," I thought.
 
I took off my sling bag and put it beside me, on the burgundy red bench.
 
I rubbed my hands, hoping the friction would at least make me feel warm and blew puffs of hot air on my intertwined hands.
 
I took a glance at the lonely road, with only a few vehicles passing by.
 
 
Bored, I then looked to my sides, at the other bench of the bus stop.
 
It was occupied..
 
My eyes travelled up the body which occupied the bus bench.
 
Then..
 
I saw him.
 
The world around me seemed to stop functioning for a moment.
 
I.. Had never seen anyone this handsome before.
 
He had auburn brown hair which was swishing gently in the wind.
 
He had a defined jaw line and a sharp nose bridge. His small, thin lips that looked oh-so-kissable.
 
A set of charming eyes, accompanied by a thin line of eyelashes, that would make you hypnotized if you stared into it for too long.
 
The last thing that I noticed, the most intriguing facial feature I thought-- his eyebrows.
 
He had thick eyebrows which were creased against each other ever so slightly, which made him look angry.
 
And his skin.. Oh, don't even talk about it. What was he? The male model for SK-2?
 
All his defined facial features summed up to a angelic face capable of making me melt.
 
He was wearing casual clothes that made him look awesome-- A blue button-down shirt, a pair of stone-washed grey jeans and a pair of blue Converse highcuts. 
 
I wondered how such simple clothes made him look so good. He would implement the clothes he wears. 
 
He could make anything look nice on him, I decided.
 
My gaze lingered for much than it should. 
 
Out of the blue, he turned his head towards my direction.
 
I was flustered and quickly pretended to look at the bus bench instead.
 
I studied the bench he was sitting on with such great intensity that anyone who saw me would have thought I was a lunatic.
 
I was suddenly so interested in the bus bench he was sitting on.
 
My cheeks heated up and it felt so contrasting with the cold winds that consumed my body.
 
I was 100% sure I was blushing.
 
I felt immense pressure on me as the epitome of perfection had his gaze on me.
 
Slowly by slowly, I turned my attention back to the road and mentally told my cheeks not to blush. 
 
I could see in my side vision that he was looking at me.
 
If possible, my cheeks felt even hotter. So much for not blushing.
 
His stare on me was so pressurizing. 
 
I bit my lip under his heavy stare. My palms grew sweaty even in this cold condition.
 
My head hung down low, my hair covering the sides of my face.
 
My eyes darted from my left foot to my right foot, I didn't know where to look.
 
 
All of a sudden, a low rumbling that would be made when a bus stops could be heard. I dared turn my head and saw bus 307 in the mist; I needed to board that bus. 
 
My heart was hesisitant to leave him. As I walked away from him, I felt a absence.
 
I had the choice to get to know him better now but I was too shy to even look him in the eyes.
 
Therefore, I just stood up and walked away.
 
In that instance, my heart began to feel like it sank.
 
I walked baby steps. I was hoping he would stop me like we're in some Korean drama--
 
"Miss, wait!" a deep voice called out after me.
 
Yes! Yes! My wish came true! He likes me too! He wants to get to know my number!
 
Umf his voice. His voice just matches his face don't you think. Handsome face, deep voice. Perfect combination.
 
I turned around expectantly with a too obvious grin on my face as I looked into his brown eyes.
 
"Yes?!" I exclaimed, still grinning stupidly.
 
"Uh.." he rubbed the back of his neck shyly. Aw, he's so cute! I sighed dreamily.
 
My dreams, my hopes, my inspirations all died when he spoke, "..you forgot your bag..", he pointed to the bench I sat on just now.
 
I whipped my head around to see my stupid turquoise bunny sling bag.  
 
/shatters/
 
"O-Oh.. T-thanks..." I managed to force the words out of my mouth.
 
Disappointment.
 
Dejection.  
 
Those feelings went through me as I looked at him, walking back to sit down. He plugged his pink earpieces on and continued waiting for the bus
 
Despite feeling disappointed, his neon pink earpieces made me snicker.
 
My blue feelings quickly returned and I stared at him, not really believing what I had just heard.
 
"Miss, are you boarding or not?!" a gruffy voice broke me out of my thoughts. 
 
"Ah..! Yes yes! I'm sorry." I quickly boarded the bus with the bald driver looking at me, annoyed.
 
The bus doors opened and a wave of cold air hit me, again.
 
I scanned my card and sat on a surprisingly-warm seat. The bus doors shut, I thought I could feel the doors of my heart shut too. 
 
I looked at his frame through the misty window and immediately felt sadness enveloping me.
 
He was hanging his head down, not even taking a second look at me. And I, was here, staring at him through the bus' windows.
 
How pathetic, falling for a stranger at a bus stop.
 
As his image grew smaller and smaller, the emptiness in my heart grew bigger and bigger.