Chapter 1

You're the only one for me (Oneshot)

           They first met on a some-what chilly day in January of 2010, a Thursday to be exact. Jinki had only been in Jonghyun’s house for less than two hours before Kibum marched inside, slamming the door hard against a nearby bookshelf, causing some of the books to topple. At that time, Jonghyun and Jinki had been playing a pretty intense video game, their legs stretched out.

           “God, I am so upset,” Kibum yelled, cursing words that had made Jinki cringe and burrow deeper into the blanket. “Unbelievable.”

           Jonghyun switched off the video game in a hurry, knowing how far Kibum’s temper could go up to.

           “What’s wrong?”

           “He ditched me again. I’m not really surprised; it’s not the first time. But god, Jonghyun, it upsets me. I’ve been waiting outside that stupid movie theater for, what, one hour? In the cold.”

           “Uh, I’m sorry to hear-“ Jonghyun tried to motion at Jinki, who Kibum still hadn’t realized. He was still off rambling.

            “I’m gonna dump him, before he dumps me. I swear, I just wish I could punch him. I would.”

            “Yeah, but my friend-“

            “Seeing me in this state right now, don’t you want to help your dear friend?” Kibum ped his jacket and fumbled with his belt. “I need to relieve some stress.”

            “Uh, please don’t,” Jinki squeaked, his bright red face popping out of the warm blankets. Kibum stopped just as he was about to take off his top, staring at Jinki with narrowed eyes.

            “Who’s he?”

            “He is my friend. And I’d really appreciate it if we didn’t have in front of him.”

            Kibum snorted and rolled his eyes, but he pulled his shirt back down, much to Jinki’s relief.

            “Hey, you, Jonghyun’s friend, come here.”

            Jinki opened his mouth, closed it, then opened it again, but didn’t know what to say. His cheeks still flushed and his hair a mess from the blanket, he got up, stumbling over some wires on the floor. That earned him a loud, short laugh from Kibum.

            Kibum stared him down as soon as he was in front of him, Jonghyun just watching in silence from the couch. Finally, he tilted his head to one side and pointed at Jinki.

            “How can you be friends with Jonghyun? You’re wearing like what you would wear to church.”

            “He’s from one of my classes,” Jonghyun shrugged. “He’s a cool guy. Now, Kibum, could you get out? Go talk and rant about your problems with someone else and have with someone else as well. I really want to finish this video game.”

            “God, fine,” Kibum snatched up his jacket and marched to the front door, bumping Jinki’s shoulder hard on the way. Jinki winced. Standing at the doorway, Kibum turned around and gave both Jonghyun and Jinki a death glare before shutting the door loudly. As soon as he was gone, Jonghyun let out a long sigh of relief.

            “Who’s he?” Jinki echoed what Kibum had asked about him, but since Jinki was saying it, it seemed nicer.

            “Best friend. He has a lot of, uh, relationship problems. I call him a diva. What a girl.”

            “Oh,” Jinki pursed his lips and fidgeted. “What’s his name?”

            “Like I’m telling you,” Jonghyun picked up his game controller again, laughing. “As a friend, I’m telling you. Don’t get involved with him at all. It’ll definitely turn your world upside-down.”

-

            A few days later, Jinki met Kibum again, at a bookstore. Jinki was there for the books; Kibum was just there for the coffee. Jinki was so occupied with his new book; he didn’t realize that he almost bumped Kibum.

            “Excuse me,” Kibum’s annoyed voice startled him, and he looked up. Kibum was in front of him, one hand on his hip and his other clutching a shaky cup of coffee. “Watch where you’re going, idiot. You almost hit me.”

            “Sorry, I was just-“

            “-Hey, I know you,” Kibum inched closer, studying Jinki’s face making him stumble back. “Aren’t you that weird guy from Jonghyun’s?”

            “…Yeah,” Jinki mumbled, not really liking the fact that he was referred as a weird person.

            “Well, I don’t really have anything planned today,” Kibum shrugged and pointed back at the coffee shop located in the bookstore. “Do you want to talk?”

            Jinki opened his mouth to agree, but then he remembered what Jonghyun had warned him. Biting his lip, he looked around before nodding quickly. Kibum then grabbed his hand and marched coolly into the coffeehouse, an awkward Jinki following him. Finding a nice two-chair table next to the window and far back in the coffee shop, he plopped Jinki on one of the chairs before seating himself more gently in the other across from him. He placed his coffee on the table and leaned back.

            “So, what’s your name?” Kibum didn’t hesitate to ask. The way he asked it, all sharp and slightly cold, made Jinki contemplate actually telling him. Kibum raised an eyebrow and spoke again.. “God, I’m not a stranger. I’m not a pedo. I just want to know your name.”

            “Jinki, Lee Jinki.”

            “Kim Kibum.”

-

            As the days passed on breezily, Kibum found himself being more and more drawn to Jinki. They had exchanged phone numbers and things like that when they were at the coffee shop. Everyday, Kibum would wait for a text or call or anything from Jinki. When he did contact him, he wouldn’t be able to hide his thrill and would be seen smiling like an idiot as he replied to Jinki’s texts.

            He also found himself changing. His crazy, diva personality somewhat calmed. He didn’t find the need or want to go clubbing again, and Jonghyun pointed it out to him.

            Jinki’s pureness is rubbing off on you.

            When the day came when Jinki positioned himself in front of Kibum and cleared his throat nervously, Kibum felt nervous, too. He knew what was going to happen, and this wasn’t his first time but he felt something in his gut that was different. It was a totally different feeling, and it felt nicer.

            “Would you go out with me?”

            There it was. That feeling, again, stronger. Kibum anxiously twirled his ring around his finger.

            Is this love?

            Kibum looked up at Jinki and just locking eyes with him made his heart skip a beat. When Jinki stepped closer, his feet wobbly and unbalanced from worry, Kibum instantly took one step closer to Jinki.

            Yes.

            “Yes.” Kibum spoke clearly, and seeing the startled look on Jinki’s face, he smiled. “God, yes. Of course.”

            He ran up to him and hugged him, Kibum grinning and hugging him as tightly as possible without choking Jinki. He felt unbelievably happy and he let out a happy sigh when Jinki kissed his forehead.

            “I’m glad.”

-

           He wanted to hold his hands so badly.

           Kibum and Jinki were out one summery day, on a happy date in a theme park. Kibum was happily walking next to him, a cotton candy occupying one hand, but his other free hand swinging against his side.

           Jinki eyed the free hand enviously. He really wanted to hold hands, but he was awkward at it. He had attempted many times before, but he always ended up faltering and drawing his hand back. He didn’t know why.

           He wanted to hold Kibum’s hand to show that he was his, and that he loved him, and that he’d never leave him. But being a beginner in relationships, he didn’t know how to hold hands.

           Jinki felt stupid.

           “What’s wrong?” Kibum stopped and tilted his head to one side, looking at Jinki with worry.

           “Nothing’s wrong,” Jinki smiled, managing to convince Kibum. “C’mon, let’s go on one of the rides.”

           “I wanna go on the Ferris wheel,” Kibum excitedly pointed at it. “I never went on it before.”

           The two walked side by side until they found themselves being pushed and bumped by other people.

           “There’s a lot of people today,” Kibum commented with a pout, outstretching his hand in front of Jinki. “Let’s hold hands so we won’t lose each other.”

           “You want to hold hands?”

           “Jinki, you’re silly,” Kibum kissed his cheek. “Very silly. Why are you so afraid to hold my hand?”

           “I’m not afraid-“ Jinki huffed but Kibum interrupted him. Grabbing Jinki’s hand by the wrist, he clasped his hand with Jinki’s.

           “There, we’re holding hands,” Kibum looked pleased. “Your hands feel nice, Jinki.”

            Kibum squeezed Jinki’s hand and Jinki grinned.

           “Don’t let go,” Kibum looked at him. “Don’t let go, no matter what.”

           What Kibum just said had a different meaning as well, and Jinki was aware of what it was. Jinki intertwined their fingers together and pulled Kibum closer to him.

           “I won’t. I’ll never, ever, let go.”

-

            Months later, they were snuggling close to each other underneath a warm blanket. The twinkling lights of the Christmas tree and the TV screen were the only source of light in the dark room. Everything was quiet and peaceful, and Jinki loved it.

            “Jinki, seriously, can’t you close the window? It’s making the room cold,” Kibum complained, fidgeting on the sofa.

            “But aren’t the stars so pretty?”

            “No.”

            Jinki chuckled and put his hands on Kibum’s hip, gently drawing him closer to Jinki’s body. Kibum sighed with content as he leaned on Jinki. Their hands were intertwined, fingers laced, underneath the blankets.

Kibum was so happy but at the same time, he felt restless. Jinki was too intent on the TV, where they were counting down the seconds until it was 2011.

            “Jinki,” Kibum whispered. “Jinki-“

            Loud noises came from the TV, and Kibum swerved his head at the TV screen. Confetti and all that were shown on the TV. Before he could even say anything, Jinki kissed him.

            It was just a kiss, simple and sweet. But Kibum loved it. He had grown to like these kind of kisses after all those months with Jinki. He wanted to kiss forever, but he broke apart when he felt Jinki smiling against his lips.

 Kibum grinned, and Jinki reached out to hug him.

            “Happy New Years, I love you.”

            Kibum laughed breathlessly and hugged Jinki tighter, smiling.

            “I love you, too.”

-

A/N : gah, i should be updating my other fanfics, lecoughlunew&minstal, but i just wanted to post my first onkey oneshot, lolwoot.