ONE SHOT

Welcome back (ONE SHOT)

I stood there, my hand held out to the doorknob. My heart was pounding as loud as a drum; my hand was growing sweatier by the minute. Why couldn't you open the door, Maddie? They were going to return any second now! How weird would it be to have them open the door, and see you standing there? Awkward...

I took a deep breath, and decided to let them come to me. I turned away and took only a few steps, until I heard the front door slide open. I turned around, seeing Joon walk through the door. He dropped his luggage as he saw me, and ran up to me with open arms.

“Maddie!” He laughed, embracing me. His arms seemed to have weakened – the company was working him too hard again. I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck. Joon pulled back to look at me, and I couldn't help but chuckle at his smile. Joon was always so happy to see me, but I felt bad that he wasn't the one I was waiting for.

“Changsun, they didn't work you to hard?” I asked, patting his cheek. “Your face looks thin.” I frowned at the muscle idiot. He shook his head, and patted mine.

“Works tiring, what can I say?” He wrapped one of his arms around my shoulder, and started to lead me further into the apartment building. He was talking to me, but I had tuned out. I looked over my shoulder, only to see Mir standing in the doorway, bags in hand, staring at me.

“Yeah that’s great Joon, one sec.” I quickly said, as I ducked under his arm and ran back in the direction of the door. Mir dropped his bags, and took two strides to meet me half way. We collided, arms instantly wrapping around each other. I knew they were only gone for a few weeks, but it felt like years once Mir finally laced his arms around my waist. I looked up at my best friend.

“Mir,” I teared, burying my face in his chest. His shirt was a soft cotton, and smelled just like him. It was the same sheer mineral smell he always carried with him. Oh how I missed that smell, but not as much as I missed him. “I missed you so much.” I whispered, tightening my hold on the rapper. He chuckled, and kissed my hair.

“I missed you two.” He replied, furthering his grasp on me, so that we were even closer. I rubbed his back, and felt something hard. I looked up at him, confused.

“You're wearing your back brace?” I asked him, pulling away slightly. Mir sighed, hugging me tighter. They pushed him too hard again, he's only getting worse. They know that, yet they make him miserable. I thought, ans I rubbed my arms up and down Mir's back. His back hardened at my touch, even with the back brace on...he could still feel the pain when I touched him. “Cheolyong, does it hurt when I do this?” I asked him.

“Mmm.” Mir answered with a murmur. I looked up at his face, his eyes saddened with pain. I pulled my self out of the hug, and looked at him.

“I'm sorry.” Was all I said, as I walked passed him, picked up his luggage, and carried them up the flight of stairs. I set the bags down in front of Mir's door, which Joon must have kept closed. I wish we could all do something, but it looks like they need rest. Promoting in Japan must have really hit hard on them. I sighed, turning around and entering my own apartment.

“Well, at least you're home now, Mir.” I whispered to my self, before collapsing on my bed. “Well at least you're home now, my love.”