Stolen Kiss

Stolen Kiss

Books.

 

Her only escapism from the boring reality of the world.

 

Kim Taeyeon likes books especially romance novels. She likes books so much that she had to go to the school library every day after school.

 

Frankly speaking, she’d come to love the library like it was her second home.

 

BUT!!!!!!

 

Screw the tall book shelves! Who the heck bought that kind of shelves and put them in the library? Didn’t they know that short people like her hadn’t had enough growth hormone to provide the height suitable for her to reach out for the books at the higher shelves?

 

She thought of climbing the shelf but backed out from that crazy idea when the fear of tripping all the shelves flashed inside her mind. She tried her best to reach out for the book once again but her short hand wasn’t helping at all.

 

Right at the very moment when the thought of giving up the book crossed her mind, one long slender hand took the book out from the shelf.

 

She spun around and the feeling of dumbstruck washed through her body.

 

Kris Wu Yifan.

 

He was standing beside her, holding the book that she had wanted to read and placed them directly near the corner of his lips.

 

“Do you want this book?” That one mischievous yet mesmerizing smirk which had the power to make any girls who looked at it to turn red in a matter of second feasted her eyes.

 

She stood there, looking at him with hesitation. Being one of the most popular guys in the SM High, it never occurred to Taeyeon that Kris Wu would be kind-hearted enough to help her. For her, Kris Wu had this somewhat cool and cold image, an aura that made him kinda mysterious but attractive at the same time.

 

Nevertheless, she never did actually give any long thought about all the 12 kingkas in her school. Books were her only world and friends were never quite in the picture of her high school life. She was a transfer student and being the introvert person that she was, she under no circumstances took any initiative to befriend anyone. Not that her classmates didn’t try but she realized that she was too awkward when she was with them. In the end, she stopped trying and they too gave up on her.

 

“Erm… Yeah…” She shyly answered, without even looking at Kris.

 

“Okay.” Kris replied before bending down, making his height almost the same as Taeyeon. “Say woof first.” Placing his hand on her head, patting gently like she was some kind of a dog emitted another shockwave of dumbstruck at Taeyeon.

 

Looking at him with a disbelieving face, she moved further back, creating a distance between them. Cold sweat began to form as the air of awkwardness blew, filling the tension among the two.

 

Kris wanted to move closer towards Taeyeon but a girl’s voice stopped him.

 

“Kris oppa, where are you?” Jia called him out.

 

“Where’d you go, oppa?” Fei continued. “Come back here.”

 

Turning his eyes towards the library counter, Kris spotted two of his fan girls. He let out a sigh before diverting his sight back at Taeyeon. A smile played on his face as he knocked the girl’s head with the book that he took.

 

“Yeah… yeah… I’m coming.” Leaving Taeyeon frozen solid at her place, he went straight to the library counter.

 

“Kris oppa, where’d you go?” Fei asked.

 

Sitting at his post, Kris flashed a smile at the two girls. “Oh, nowhere. Just out for a while.”

 

“Ehhhh… I was so lonely without you.” Jia added, her voice filled with aegyo.

 

Kris just giggled lightly as he busied himself checking out the book that they wanted to borrow.

 

“Oppa, you can’t go out alone even to the bathroom. You’re too hot for that. Girls can’t wait to eat you up.” Fei acted like she was a wolf and was ready to feast her meal which happened to be Kris.

 

Taeyeon’s eyes were dead locked at the flirting scene between Kris, Jia and Fei. Walking to her seat, she pulled the chair out and sat down. She tried to focus on her book, reading the book page by page.

 

But the laughter, giggles and sound of people chitchatting really hit her nerve. She glared at them fiercely, her irritation level almost reaching the admissible level. Ever since Kris Wu became the one of the librarians, her calming private space had started to become his private harem. Taeyeon hated it but she knew she can’t do anything about it as the librarian himself was too busy being emerged with his flirting session.

 

“Hey, Fei, cut it out. That midget over there is totally staring at us.” Jia elbowed her friend as she whispered.

 

Fei looked at her with her eyes rolled. “Yah, it’s your fault, Jia. I told you to tone it down.”

 

Taeyeon frowned as she gripped her book tighter. What the??? These stupid bimbos…. Didn’t they know that I can hear them? What a jerk…. She mumbled to herself, trying to keep her temper in check.

 

“More than that, don’t you think that the midget should be in middle school instead of high school? I meant come on. With that height and that face, who would believe that she’s a high school student? And a bookworm like her should read how to interact with people instead of books only.” Jia said with a mocking tone, earning laughter from Fei.

 

Taeyeon who heard Jia’s mocking blushed in embarrassment. It wasn’t like she asked to be born as a shorty. It wasn’t like she asked to be born with a face younger than her real age. It wasn’t like she asked to be an epic failure when it comes to interacting with people. She wanted to make friends but she just didn’t know how to do it. She couldn’t find the cure for her awkwardness.

 

Kris noticed that Taeyeon was affected by Jia’s words closed the book that he was holding as hard as he can. The two girls stopped their laughing parade and looked at Kris with curiosity.

 

“Just what did you come here for?” He asked in a coldest, distant voice. “You see, I’m only here because I’m the librarian. I’m not here to be in an after-school chatting group with all of you. If you all intend to come to the library again, please read all of these books first.” The cold expression on his face disappeared, replaced with his famous smile. His hands were piling up 10 thick books with different genres on the table before giving them to the girls.

 

“And while I’m on the subject, I like how Taeyeon is a midget. She looks like a lost puppy when she’s alone. ”

 

What? That what all that could popped up inside Taeyeon’s mind when she heard Kris’s words.

 

“And while I’m on the subject, people who make fun of others….” The smile on his face was erased, giving way to his cold deadly glare. “I HATE THEM!” He sounded so intimidating, sending chills throughout Jia’s and Fei’s whole body.

 

“What else are you waiting for?” Lifting his legs up and putting them on the table, he smirked. “GET OUT.”

 

Jia and Fei didn’t wait long before they grabbed their books and dashed towards the exit. Words like he’s so mean and evil Kris echoed from them but Kris couldn’t care less.

 

Taeyeon looked at those two girls until their silhouettes disappeared from her sight. Unknown to her, Kris was walking to where she was seated.

 

“Sorry about the entire racket.” Kris apologized.

 

“Kris sunbaenim….” She wanted to say something but she couldn’t find the right word for her to continue.

 

Kris pulled out the chair and sat in front of her. “Are you…. Are you really okay with that?” Taeyeon sensed the concern tone inside his voice but she shrugged it off.

 

To be honest, she was too surprised. She never imagined that Kris can be so straight-forward.

 

“And while I’m on the subject, people who make fun of others…. I HATE THEM!”

 

But come to think of it, Taeyeon did realize that Kris was kinda cool when he said those words.

 

“And I wasn’t making it up.” He patted her hair gently, like she was a little kid for him. “I really do like puppy. I’m a dog person. And being a midget isn’t a crime.” He smiled, showing off his perfectly white teeth.

 

Taeyeon was taken aback by Kris’s sudden action. Her panic state switched on, leading her to show her clumsiness. “That’s not it. You’re out of your mind. Basically you’re saying that I’m a puppy. And I don’t like it when people call me midget.” She stood up from her chair and accidentally the book that she held knocked over someone’s face.

 

“Ouch…” That someone grumbled in pain.

                    

Taeyeon gazed to her side and she saw one of the twelve kingkas.

 

Ark! Kim Junmyeon… Suho sunbaenim….

 

Ommona!!! What the hell did I just do? She mentally cursed herself.

 

“Suho sunbaenim!! I’m…. I’m sorry.” She bowed down and apologized quickly.

 

“Ah, Suho… It’s you…” Kris greeted his classmate.

 

Kim Junmyeon, known to be the guardian of EXO was not really a people person. He may look friendly and angelic but despite his appearance he shared the same personality as Kris. Cool but popular.

 

“And here I thought things would finally settle down and I could do some reading.” Touching a few of the books on the shelf near them, Suho said distantly. “Are you one of the rowdies too?” He asked, picking one thick book about chemistry.

 

Taeyeon hadn’t had the slightest idea on how to response to Suho. She knew that she was the wrong one this time. She did make a chaos and disturbed the serenity of the library after Kris said all those weird things to her.

 

“It’s just that, Kris sunbaenim…. He was making fun of my height. He called me a midget.” She bit her lower lips, didn’t even had the guts to look at Suho.

 

Suho eyed her from the corner of his eyes. He took a moment of silence before he uttered, “Well, that’s how it goes. People are sensitive about their own complexes but they’re insensitive to someone else’s.” Putting a calming smile on his face, he continued. “Try not to worry so much. Like Kris said, being a midget is not a crime. It’s cute.”

 

Suho’s words changed her opinion about him. Before this, in Taeyeon’s eyes, Suho was so cool regarding anything that he scared her. But right now, his words brought comfort to her. It was entirely shocking because the EXO click never really known for their kindness despite being popular. They were always in their own world and no one, not even the prettiest queenkas in the school can get into their world.

 

“Don’t fall for that, Taeyeon.” Kris whispered softly into her ears. “Cause our Suho here can betray anyone without a second thought.”

 

Kris’s accusation didn’t affect Suho in any kind of way. Still with his poker face, Suho said, “You know, Kris. I know you know that you have to stop making those sudden meaningless remarks. You’re corrupting my guardian image in front of this lady here.”

 

Is this… Some kind of black atmosphere?

 

Kris Wu and Kim Junmyeon…

 

Being the two people who held the EXO group together with their leadership, they were the dynamic duo famous all over the school since they always spent time together.

 

But judging from the situation here, Taeyeon wondered if they were really friends… or perhaps… enemies.

 

The door of the library slid open, revealing a cute squishy figure. “Yah, Taeyeon-ah. Kim Taeyeon.” He called out Taeyeon’s name.

 

Hearing someone calling her name, she turned towards the exit and saw Kyungsoo or better known as D.O. One of the member of EXO and also her classmate, they sat next to each other in class.

 

“Jessica dropped this book at the class for you.” He said as he walked inside the library, showing the book to her.

 

Jessica Jung. The ice princess of SM high. Well, she literally her one and only friend in SM high. She didn’t know the reason why she and Jessica can become a click. Jessica was famous throughout the school for her cold stare and wasn’t really your kind of a girl that can mix well with others. Perhaps they shared the same personality, both being introvert and distance that made them understood each other feelings.

 

“Ah… It’s the book that I’ve asked her for.” Her face lit up with a smile. “Thanks D.O.”

 

D.O had his heart beating fast when he saw her smile. He knew damn hard that it was a rare event for Taeyeon to smile. His cheeks glowed with red as he was pulled in deeper, hypnotized by her smile.

 

“If it’s okay, would you… Would you come watch my football match next time?” He stuttered with his words.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah!!!” One voice interrupted their conversation. “The coach is calling. He asked us to run 5 laps at the field.” Baekhyun told his teammates.

 

D.O. heaved out a sigh. “Geez, that old geezer must be having fun torturing us. Whatever.” He nodded.

 

Taeyeon couldn’t turn her eyes away from Byun Baekhyun. A member of EXO, even with a simple white jersey and black track suit, he looked too cute to digest, much to Taeyeon’s delight.

 

Baekhyun who noticed that Taeyeon was ogling at him, blushed in embarrassment. Despite being popular, the girls never actually stared this close at him unlike the girl in front of him now.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah… She’s totally staring at me.” His shyness kicked in, urging him to seek refuge behind Kyungsoo. “Let’s get out of here fast. This is not good for my heart.” He begged D.O.

 

D.O. that wasn’t use with Baekhyun being shy and hugging him from behind knocked his friend’s head with his knuckle. Baekhyun let go of his hands from D.O’s body as he rubbed his head.

 

“Yah! What was that for?” He grumbled.

 

“Nothing. See you soon, Taeyeon.” Linking his arm with Baekhyun’s, D.O. dragged him out from the library after he bid farewell to her.

 

“Okay…. Time to close the library. Everyone, please buzz off.” Kris butted into their conversation.

 

“Hey… I didn’t borrow the book that I want yet.” Taeyeon looked at Kris with her puppy eyes.

 

Pushing the strand of her hair that suddenly fell over, covering her face, Kris said, “Then, I guess I can see you again tomorrow, little puppy.”

 

Taeyeon felt like something was stuck inside . She couldn’t reply as Kris’s little gesture took her breath away.

 

So, she just nodded.

 

*

 

It was quiet today and the weather was nice. The perfect day to do some reading. Finishing the final page of her romance novel, The Book of Tomorrow by Cecilia Ahern, Taeyeon crooked a smile on her face, feeling satisfied with the novel.

 

She stretched her body; her muscles were aching because she sat too long on the chair.  The soft breezy wind that blew from outside made her sleepy. Slowly, bit by bit, she began to lose her consciousness. Her eyes closed shut as she was swept away to her dream land.

 

No… I’ve gotta open my eyes. I need to read the next book. And then….

 

A soft sensation…

 

It felt kind of…. Warm and soft…

 

Felt so good… Ah….

 

No… that sensation was moving away…

 

More…. I wanted more…

 

More????

 

What the???

 

Like she was being splashed by a bucket of cold water, Taeyeon quickly opened her eyes. She touched her lips, the place where she felt the warm soft sensation.

 

Just now…

 

Without wasting any second, she stood up from her chair and wandered aimlessly inside the library.

 

Who?

 

She was walking wobbly as her sleepiness hadn’t clearly ebbed away yet. And that was went she knocked her head with someone’s hard chest.

 

“Please look around you before you move, alright?”

 

“Suho sunbaenim…”

 

The sound of someone’s footsteps, walking nearer to them echoed.

 

“Taeyeon-ah….” D.O. appeared with a bright smile on his face. “Another one for you from Jessica.”

 

“D.O….”

 

“Ah, Taeyeon is here too. You really like books, don’t you?”

 

“Baekhyun…”

 

A loud thud boomed, making all four of them turned towards the source of the sound.

 

“Ow…. The book fell over.” Kris was rubbing his forehead as he pushed the book away from his head.

 

Hey… Who was it that kissed her?

 

Was it Kim Junmyeon aka Suho, the super cool sunbaenim?

 

Or was it Do Kyungsoo, the next door kind of guy?

 

Maybe it was Byun Baekhyun, the cute guy?

 

Or perhaps it was Kris Wu, the popular sunbaenim?

 

A stolen kiss.

 

Who was the real culprit?

 


Whoppsie...

Who actually stole a kiss from Taeyeon while she was asleep?

I'll leave it for you guys to imagine.

And not to worry.

This story won't be that lengthy.

Do comments and subscribes. Upvotes is optional. Kekeke...

Oh, I've updated Falling For You yesterday.

Lutae's moment just for you guys.

Don't forget to check it out if you haven't read it.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/502807/falling-for-you-fluff-taeyeon-luhan-sehun-seyeon-lutae-exotaeng