Granite Countertops and Soft Caresses

Fading Into The Ether

                Dinner, in all frankness, was an absolutely atrocious affair.

 

                The rice was hard and dehydrated, the vegetables slimy from being re-heated in a microwave oven, the chicken nothing short from being jerky- but who even cared? The two sitting across from Luhan were obviously eating mindlessly, merely wrapped up in each other's presence; yet Luhan's thoughts strayed to Sehun and Kai- wait, he meant Jongin. That man wanted to be called Jongin- but for what reason? There was no use in pretending they were close enough to drop the formalities. It was a miracle that Luhan hadn't burst into guttural sobs  and fled from the room- despite his forced bravado, internally, his thoughts raced faster than his pulse. Strangers were never his strength, rather, anyone unfamiliar to Luhan made his stomach twist anxiously.

 

                In the early stages of Sehun's and Luhan's relationship, the former had promised Luhan that he'd be his protector from all foreign aliens, his guardian from the "scary stuff" in life. Luhan had made him swear in blood- it was only a drop, Luhan swear!

 

                Squeezed out of his pinkie through a prick by a needle. Luhan remembers watching the sweat drip down Sehun's neck as the other boy approached him with a sterilized needle and proceeded to stab it unsuccessfully into Sehun's finger; the wretched child had let out an ungainly squawk and toppled directly onto the smiling Luhan's lap.

 

~*~

 

                At the time, Sehun had gazed up into Luhan's eyes with such an incredulous and enthralled expression that Luhan literally felt his heart squeeze uncomfortably. The passion in his eyes were over-whelming and drowned Luhan in the depths of his emotions, intertwining the two into a relationship that could have never even dreamed broken. Luhan was helpless to Sehun's dominance and could only return the gaze, eyes glistening fervently, fruitlessly trying to convey the feelings he was unable to put into words.

 

                After all, eyes are the mirrors to one's soul.

 

                Sehun, without breaking eye contact with Luhan, blinked softly and slowly trailed his hand up along Luhan's arm; goose bumps broke out as the other gave an involuntary shudder from the tension erupting from the ghosting of fingers on skin. Sehun's finger traced lace patterns up Luhan's neck before firmly cupping his jawbone in his tender hand. Lovingly, he curled his fingers around the other's jaw and brushed away a stray eyelash that laid forgotten on the milky plain of Luhan's cheek.

 

                "Luhan?" Sehun's mouth formed a perfect 'o' as he murmured the other's name.

 

                "Hm?" Came the dreamy reply, thoughts currently scattered across fields filled with glimpses of silky hair and adorable pouts.

 

                "What are we?"

 

                "We're homo-sapiens, Sehun. More specifically, of Asian descent." Luhan tried hard to keep the patronizing tone out of his voice, but it was quite difficult when Sehun asked such blunt questions.

 

                "I know that- but what are we?" Sehun punctured the end of his question with a sweeping gesture between the two of them. He swallowed thickly as his Adam's apple bobbed anxiously, voice cracking like a pre-pubescent child on the commencement of his query- "A-are we more than friends?"

 

                "Do you want to be?" Despite the guilelessness his words seem to portray, Luhan fretted with his brows knitted together. No matter the circumstances, Luhan had promised to remain sincere to the younger boy; rather than revealing his true feelings, he'd rather Sehun confess first.

 

                Sehun deliberated momentarily, eyes blinking innocently into the crystalline orbs shimmering above his own, analyzing Luhan deeply as if he could find the answer reflecting back at  him. Sehun, too, exuberated a false sense of self-confidence, yet Luhan knew better. He watched as Sehun's plump bottom lip disappeared into his mouth when Sehun bit ever-so-delicately on his lip, and despite his better intentions, let out a sharp intake of breath.

 

                Luhan leaned closer towards Sehun as the younger wrestled with his mental demons and summoned the strength to utter the single word that would alter the coursing path of their future forever. Each answer had its own consequences; a hastily agreement would merely send both individuals into serious conflict, as both lived in a society that shunned homouality, while a rejection would merely discourage each other from ever confronting again.

 

                He held his breath through the impregnated silence as Sehun's brows smoothed out into a straight line, chin square with a determined look on his face.

 

                Thank you for being brave enough to love me.

 

                "Yes."

 

                Their noses were close enough that the tips were touching. An Eskimo Kiss, in a way- their first shared kiss together wasn't actual lip to lip contact. But Luhan was determined that their second would be passionate.

 

                "I like you too, Sehun."

 

                A mere second later had both individuals breathless with anticipation. Luhan leaned further and closed the final inch between their lips, firmly pressing downwards and coaxing a reaction out the other. Eyes naturally slipping shut, Sehun curved his lips upwards, feeling the moment become magical as pure and innocent love blossomed.

 

                Luhan nuzzled deeper into Sehun and felt the other boy smile through the kiss, body filling with pleasure at the endorphins streaming through his bloodstreams. Never mind the ominous drop of blood sliding down his cheek from Sehun's finger- Luhan was infatuated.

 

                Because in the pursuit of sincerity...

 

                 Luhan loved Sehun.

 

~*~

 

                Dinner ended without a fanfare, yet Luhan kept his eyes averted firmly to his plate as the two individuals across the table flirted with each other. A single tear streaked down his cheek, tracing a path almost forgotten in the haste of his quick escape into the kitchen.

 

                "W-who wants some tea?" Luhan forced cheerfulness into his voice, struggling desperately to control his expressions from bursting out. It had been years since he was able to feel emotions, to know what it was like to love.

 

                There was no reply.

 

                Stifling another sob, Luhan limped dizzily and collapsed at the kitchen counter, matted blonde hair being tugged at by frustrated fingers. All of his emotions from the previous day had finally ed inside the boy and threatened to tear him from the inside-out. Luhan nuzzled his face into his hands and sobbed desperately.

 

                Curling in the light of the kitchen, a single tendril of steam from the abandoned mugs reached out and caressed Luhan's cheek, wrapping its opaque fingers around the wretched boy's heart and soul.

 

 

                Pity the caress wasn't from Sehun.

 

~Author's Note~

Yo! Here's the second chapter of my lame story. 

Thanks for sticking around until Chapter 2! I hope this chapter meets up to your expectations.

As always, comments, feedback, and suggestions are all greatly appreciated!

Thank you, once again, my lovely chicken dumplings <3