“Here Comes the Devil”

“A DEVIL FOR AN ANGEL” [HIATUS]
  1. “Here Comes the Devil”

 

Up above the sky, where it seems like there’s nothing more beyond all those fluffy feathery clouds, there it is – a heaven. Just like how people believe that the heaven exists even though there’s not even a single living person ever witness it before, so is the hell where the Angels prefer to call it as underworld.

 

In between the underworld and the heaven, there are seven massive doors with seven illusionary worlds separating them. For one to reach the door of heaven, he must pass all those doors which are strictly guarded.

 

But that day, someone’s willing to cross all those doors for one special purpose.

 

“We got company...” Changmin announced from the Operation Room.

 

The Angels that currently on duty in that ‘Unity Room’ stopped moving and threw their gaze at the door; nervously waiting for the guest to emerge. The last door that separated heaven and underworld finally cracked open, revealing a furious devil.

 

“What brings you here, Yoochun-shi?” Key stepped forward, representing the Angels Community.

 

Not feeling like answering that question, Yoochun tossed another devil to the floor like its just piece of garbage. A devil goes by the name of Yunho. Piercing his eyes to Key, he snarled attempting to intimidate him by showing off his fangs. His horns reddened like they’re burning hot as he did that. But Key just remained standing and staring down at him, unaffected.

 

“You !” Yunho spat and pulled himself into a sitting position.

 

“A new recruit?” Key guessed, seeing how that devil hasn’t yet develop his wings and he’s unable to hide his horns as well as his tails. The more evil that devil becomes, the more he resembles human beings.

 

“Worst! The failed one!” Yoochun exclaimed through his gritted teeth.

 

Everyone could see how Yoochun’s struggling to suppress his anger from explodes. Key arched his thin brow; his eyes demanded a further elaboration. Knowing exactly what those eyes meant, Yoochun huffed. He then took couple steps backward and flapped his wings open.

 

Key blinked his eyes as he eyed Yoochun’s wings, his brow furrowed. Yunho on the other hand cackled with laughter while slapping the floor with his hand.

 

“Shut up you bastard!”

 

“I thought Devils’ wings...are black?” The laughter bubbled up inside Key as he said that.

 

“This bastard poured the glue and birds’ feathers to my wings when i took my nap!”

 

Key couldn’t hold back anymore and burst into laughter. Yunho’s still laughing but this time, he even rolled his body to the left and to the right – feeling proud with his masterpiece at the same time.

 

“See! You’re laughing at me! I’m a Devil and I’m supposed to look vicious, fierce and not like...” He looked over his shoulder and rolled his eyes when he caught a glimpse of his colourful wings.

 

“...a clown...” he completed his sentence and closed back his wings.

 

“Now I’ve becomes a laughing stock at underworld!” Yoochun roared. The Angels jerked when Yoochun unleashed his devil side. For one moment there, they thought their world has been surrounded by unending darkness where nothing resides in there except pain. It looks so real that they couldn’t breathe...their bodies shuddered with terror...

 

Until another Angel walked into the scene. A higher rank Angel named Junsu.

 

Yoochun’s eyes drooped down at the glance of him. The unexplainable calmness with a mixture of sadness sneaked into him that he had to look away. Feeling that his soul finally flew back into him, Key coughed his throat and back to the main issue.

 

“He caused chaos to the underworld with his pranks. He covered our foods with bird poops and among other things...serious things...” Yoochun said with a low deep voice.

 

“He’s a devil! What do you expect from him? And don’t you have your own disciplinary method?” Key countered.

 

“Trust me...it doesn’t sound as simple as you thought...we’ve tried, it got out of our hand and our hands are already full to deal with his devilish pranks...”

 

“Then what can we Angels do for you, and him?”

 

“Do what you guys know best...supervise him, correct him, preach him, what so ever...”

 

“Are you sure you want us to handle this matter? Because we both know how it might end if you leave him to us...”

 

“Don’t get ahead of yourself Angel-shi...he’s a Devil after all...” Yoochun snickered and disappeared after giving them a small wave.

 

Yunho rose up to his feet and looked around. His gaze then flew to Key.

 

“It’s too bright here, don’t you think?”

 

“This is what we call as heaven...” Key kindly introduced it to him but Yunho showed him no interest.

 

“Yea...heaven’s ”

 

“So said the devil that just got kicked out from his ‘lovely’ home...”

 

 

|| || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || ||

 

 

“Put this on...” Key slipped on Angel robe above Yunho’s head like a mother putting on the clothes for her son.

 

“Hey! Hey! Watch out for my horns! they’re precious!” He wriggled to get free but whenever he tried to stand up, Key would just pushed him back down.

 

“What is this?! It’s too long and I can’t even move my tail!”

 

“Then it’s good! Restriction – that’s what you really need! Now that you’re in heaven, you’re bound to follow the heaven’s rule...”

 

“Yea...have I told you that heaven’s ?” Yunho wanted to lower down the hood but Key prevented him from doing so.

 

“Also...You need to cover your horn 24/7...”

 

And that adding up another level to Yunho’s frustration. He rolled his eyes and started mumbling something that sound like curses to Key’s ears and some other things along that line.

 

“Now follow me...we don’t want to miss the eating time...”

 

“Eating?!!!” Yunho hopped off the bench.

 

“Now that’s what we call it as good news!” He ran around the room in circle while cheering.

 

Key stopped on his track, turning around and shot his gaze at him.

 

“First lesson: No shouting, no screaming, no jumping, no running!”

 

“That’s four already... and you guys are just too damn lazy!”

 

“So, we’re stuck with him, huh?” Changmin’s voice saved him from doing something that he would regret.

 

“You’re here...good...I’m about to lose my mind already...”

 

“Careful...don’t want to send you to the other side...” Changmin teased, his eyes peering at Yunho who’s picking on the robe, trying to rip it off. But to no avail, he failed. It went as far as stretching but nothing changed.

 

“Are you sure this is just a robe? What is this thing made off? Your saliva?”

 

“I can see what you’re talking about...” Changmin said. Both of them then inhaled a deep calming breath.

 

 

|| || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || ||

 

 

All angels gathered at the dining table, sitting down together at the long table that goes from the first exit all the way to the other exit. There are several others filled up the hall.

 

When others cherished that time by chattering with one another, sharing their interesting experience while they’re away down performing their duties on Earth, Changmin and Key could only sigh with the fate that just landed at their feet.

 

“Burp~!”

 

Yunho caressed his round stomach that surprisingly expanding bigger for 2 inches. He lied down sideway, his one arm tented under his cheek, still onto the chicken bone.

 

“You’re not going to eat that?” Yunho asked, his eyes eyeing at the two angels sitting in opposite direction.

 

Changmin and Key were exchanging glances before trailing off down to their own plates. More than half of the food remained intact. Thanks to Yunho, they lost their appetite 10 minutes ago after witnessing the ugliest scene of a devil feeding himself. The only thing that they’re able to swallow down is just the vegetable.

 

“Burp~!” Yunho burped for the second times.

 

When they thought that the burp’s indicating a finish line for his meal time, they soon realized that they’re wrong. Still lying down on the floor lazily, Yunho stretched forth an arm to grab the meat from their plates and shoved it into his mouth, tearing the meat apart with his teeth like a ravenous animal.

 

Key fidgeted in his seat, unable to sit there with ease. The odour of the perspiration mixed with the smell of the meat triggered something from inside Key’s stomach to jolt.

 

“I think I’ve already puked in my mouth a little...” Key voiced it out with a grim face.

 

“I’ll leave him in your care, Changmin-ah...” He then backed away from the table, urgently rushed out from the dining hall.

 

Shortly after Key left him, Sungmin came giving him a single tap on his shoulder and sat down next to him.

 

“Feeling like staring at you in the mirror?” Sungmin nudged him at his rib lightly, his eyes motioning to Yunho.

 

Changmin tore off his gaze from the devil and turned his head to look at Sungmin next. His eyes went wide, thinking that was an absurd accusation.

 

“I don’t look that hideous when I’m eating...!” Changmin exclaimed, defended himself.

 

“But close...” Sungmin said with a a quick grin.

 

“Burp~!”

 

“Ow the smell!!!” Both of them simultaneously covered their noses as they watched Yunho wiped off his mouth with the robe and then reached out for water pitcher.

 

 

|| || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || ||

 

 

Changmin wandered the foyer, obviously restless. Key’s supposed to be there by now. Sungmin’s already out of the Operation Room 5 minutes ago and he should be in there to work but he couldn’t do it with Yunho sticking with him.

 

“How long do I have to sit here?” Yunho asked in a flat tone; grew bored watching Changmin paced. He’s crouching nearby the door of the Operation Room where he’s perfectly visible in Changmin’s eyes.

 

“For as long as it has to be...” He stressed it out with his hand.

 

Give him a little time, he told himself as he led the way back toward the door and into his working place. But it didn’t last long when he came out again, afraid that Yunho might do something terrible when he’s not looking. Leering at Changmin, Yunho yawned.

 

He didn’t like this, Yunho thought. Wherever he laid his eyes on, all he could see is the bright white colour, glowing, perfect and beautiful. He couldn’t control it anymore. The sinister desire flowed through his veins and his mind insidiously plotting fun ways to turn that calm peaceful heaven upside down.

 

The white colour to him is just like a white sketchbook that’s been calling him to smear dirt on it, ruining it. Those perfect symmetrical structures needed to be tampered with and his hands were trembling in excitement, can’t wait to touch all those beautiful things and crush it.

 

In his eyes, the heaven is really a perfect playground for him. Oh how badly he wanted to destroy it. Even he himself was surprised with his ability to endure. But that’s just it. He reached his limit. He has to do something.

 

“You know how annoying you are right now? I bet that’s the reason why he doesn’t show up. He just wants to escape and leave you to deal with the mess...” Yunho began, slowly laying down the bait.

 

“You mean, dealing with you?”

 

“Don’t blame me...I’m a devil. I did what I know best and if someone ask me, I’d say that I’m innocent and I don’t deserve this treatment. In the world where i came from, what I did is not wrong...it’s totally opposite...but you...”

 

“If you screw up in your task which happens to be me, you’d have to deal with the consequences. At the end of the day, everyone would point their fingers at you and not me because even if I act badly, no one would be surprised by it.”

 

Changmin stopped pacing. A light chuckle emitted from his lips.

 

“I can see where you’re going...nice try but I’m not that easy for you to instigate...I’m an angel...”

 

Yunho shrugged off. He couldn’t care less if he’s an angel or not. As long as there’s anger or dissatisfaction sparks within him, the rest of it would come handy to any devil.

 

“It was worth a shot...I’m a devil after all...”

 

“Yeah right...thanks for the reminder...”

 

“Hey! I’m not a kid for you to babysit...I know how to behave too...” Yunho argued.

 

Changmin said nothing in return. His head packed with another problem that he thought spending his valuable time bickering with a devil would only cause his energy to deplete. He needed to calm down and studying the whole situation all over again. The Operation Room is strictly forbidden to devils and he knew he couldn’t just wait like that.

 

Taking a steadying breath, Changmin finally decided.

 

“Come...We’ll go find him...” He grabbed Yunho by his wrist, dragging him off his feet.

 

“Okay! Okay!” Yunho growled and shoved away his hand; letting him to take a lead at the front.

 

He lifted his head up and flared his eyes at Changmin’s back – never really knew why the Devils hates Angels so much until just now. It was like a bolt of heat electrocuted his nerves whenever they had a physical contact and it burnt his skin. It’s just for a temporary but it hurts a lot. The temper was in his eyes and the sparks of impatience shot right off him. He had enough.

 

He watched as Changmin’s getting farther away from him while he remained on the same spot. Changmin wasn’t even looking back, assuming that he’s tailing him.

 

“Didn’t anyone teach you to never trust a devil before? You good-for-nothing Angel…” The cocky grin tipped up at the corner of his mouth when a chance finally came knocking at his front door.

 

He let his tongue ran over his bottom lip, it softly as he smirked even wider. Rubbing his hands together, he was so relieved to find that the foyer is empty. Never expected to be that fortunate.

 

“It’s time for an adventure....” And the first thing that came to his mind is the room behind his back. The ope-whatsoever room – to him the ‘stalker room’ would suit the name better. As quietly as possible, he unlocked the door, opened it a crack and snuck in.

 

His jaw dropped and his eyes popped when he was welcomed by a gigantic wide range and well equipped surveillance system – the most effective means to monitor the life of mankind as well as to stay connected with other Angels on Earth.

 

“What is this?” Yunho inched closer to the screen when something interesting caught his eyes.

 

“Hahahahahaha!!!! He just got dumped?! Omo~! Look at that face, it’s so funny!!!”

 

“Oww~ it’s not your fault that you’re born ugly...”

 

It didn’t just stop there when his laughter continued to roll as his eyes swept to another frame and another frame. Just like watching a live broadcast, he really favoured those tear-jerking moment. He just couldn’t stop himself from grinning and laughing. Other people’s misfortune is indeed his happiness.

 

But that moment didn’t last long when he was distracted by the sound of something’s cracking. He stopped laughing and started to find the source of that sound and that’s when he noticed the warning sign that was pasted on the wall.

 

‘Please lower down your voice if you are a devil’ – Yunho read word after word with a frown.

 

“What the hell?!!!”

 

His body jerked when he heard the same noise again and this time it’s louder than before. And not to mention that it’s getting apparent. But instead of feeling panic or responsible for what he had done, he took that time to savour the moment – watching how the screen began cracking into several lines and spread bigger to different directions. He even clapped both of his hands dramatically like it’s worth celebrating.

 

“Mission accomplished!” He said with a smug smile; extremely pleased with the outcome. He was incurious as to what will about to happen to the heaven; all that matters to him is that he’s having fun.

 

Cautiously eased the door open, he peeked through the small gap first before he walked out after he’s assured not a single person’s paying an attention to him. Pretending like nothing happened, he let go of the robe he’s been lifting on and began imitating the way Angels’ walking.

 

“Where should I head next?” He asked himself, thinking for the next destination.

 

There are plenty of places he’s yet to explore but right now, it would be wise for him to stay far away from that Operation Room. And just like his prayer’s answered, he found a passage which connected to a small forest not far from where he’s standing. He stalked over to that place, hurrying as quickly as he dared and stopped when he’s just a step from the entrance.

 

He raised his head up to read what’s written on the arch.

 

“Little Angels Garden”

 

“Hmmm~”

 

Yunho closed his eyes at the exquisite smell emanated from that garden. It smelled so sweet and very inviting. Just like he’s tied to a tree somewhere in that garden, he felt like he’s being pulled - he was completely drawn to it.

 

With his eyes closed tightly, he trusted his nose to guide him. When he opened up his eyes again, he was surrounded by trees half size shorter than him. They are all covered by fluffy colourful candies resembles the clouds.

 

“Ahhh~ its cloud candies...”

 

He plucked a pinch of the candy and sampled it without thinking.

 

“Emmm...Emmm...” the taste was indescribable. It’s incredibly good; just like he’s floating on the cloud and leaned his back against the rainbow. He could eat this all day; he thought.

 

Feeling tired standing, Yunho sat down directly facing the tree where his mouth just on the same level with the candies. Needless to use his hands, he could just open up his mouth and eat all of them just like that. But something else occurred when he did that. The candies started to melt with every breath he exhaled and they’re melting fast.

 

Surprised and amused at the same time, Yunho ended up blowing his breath to the whole tree – intentionally.

 

And then came a soft poking on his back. With a strangle gasp, he turned his head in a slow motion; assuming that he’s already caught.

 

“Those candies are belongs to me...” A little Angel spoke with teary eyes.

 

Yunho sat there silently, not responding but just blinking. He could see one by one appeared behind him.

 

“I can get it for you...” Yunho offered and scooped a handful from the tree then handed it to the little Angel.

 

“T-thanks...”

 

Little Angel was delighted and immediately spread his fingers to take it from Yunho but before he could do that, Yunho blew a strong breath over his hand. It burnt and melting on Yunho’s palm but instead a word ‘sorry’, he laughed evilly soon afterward.

 

“This is really fun~!” Yunho screamed with satisfaction and started to run circling the garden, repeating the same action to all the trees until there’s no more cloud candies left.

 

Those little Angels cried out in unison, wailing in helpless as they’re watching Yunho’s destroying their garden.

 

Sticking out his tongue at them, he showed off his tail and then ran away while laughing hysterically.

 

 

|| || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || ||

 

 

A/N: Please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed~ Thanks^^