Identity pt 3

Your New Life.

The pale man placed a piece of hair out of his face as he smiled gently his fangs glistening in the dull light of the dining area, “Oh where are my manners, my name is Kim Jonghyun” I couldn’t help but feel that  his name seemed familiar to me but I just couldn’t put my finger on it. I look into his eyes visibly pleading in my stare, it was good that I now had a name to put to the face but something was still eating at me and I needed my questions to be answered before I could try to comprehend anything that was going on around me. “I’m sorry but do you mind telling me who I am and why I can’t remember what happened to me?” He looked taken aback that I had said that and as he looked away I sensed a bit of sadness coming from him. He turned back to face me and said, “So . . . . you mean to tell me you don’t remember anything before tonight, not even who you are?” I shook my head slowly, “No I don’t, should I have?” I asked timidly. He grabbed my hand and said, “No it’s ok, it’s happens to most of us”. He looked at me and then took a deep breath, “Let me begin by telling you your name, it’s Savannah Kim” I was shocked that I had the same last name as him he went on to say, “you are my wife, a few years ago I joined the navy and left for a few years coming back home every now and then to come see you. Then on my last day on the ship something happened to me and once I was done with the navy I came home to you.” I was so confused but I wanted to know what happened and what he meant by I was his wife; He then went on to say, “I encountered myself with a vampire a few months back and he bit me.” My eyes widened in shock before I could stop myself I blurted out, “Who bit you?!” I stopped myself fearing I had offended him. He smiled at me and said, “it’s okay I don’t mind telling you, He was my maker, and like I told you outside that after he changed me I was reckless. I was a new born and I was craving blood every day, every hour, every minute. He helped me calm down and showed me what I can eat what I need to do to keep my identity a secret from the world”. So that still left one question remaining. Why can’t I remember anything from the night before? He looked at me with a look that words couldn’t describe so I figured he heard my thoughts again. “When I came home to our old home, I kept it a secret from you for three months and one night I saw you crying and I knew it was time to tell the truth because I couldn’t take hurting you any longer I knew that you thought I was being unfaithful but I was so scared to tell you what I had become. I thought you would leave me, but I would rather sacrifice my happiness than to see you in tears every night. So I came to you and told you what had happened to me, and I told you I would understand if you wanted to leave me. You went to bed that night without saying one word to me and the next day you came to me in the kitchen and said that you want to become a vampire just like me. I was so happy but I told you to give me a few days so I could get thing figured out all the while I was preparing this place for you our new home; but at the time I told you it was a surprise. So after a few days I came home and you insisted and said that you were ready. I wanted you to be sure about this so I told you once we do this there was no going back and you said that you were sure. So I bit you ever so gently on your neck which is why you have that mark right there.” He pointed to the right side of my neck where two puncture wounds graced my flesh. “You started to change and as you did your hair became sliver and your skin became as white as freshly fallen snow. Your eyes were devoid of color, once you were fully changed you fell to the floor and you weren’t responding to my voice. . . .

 

  I panicked and I ran to get you some water and as soon as I turned around you were gone. I searched all around for you only to find you in the ally with your first victim and not to sound cruel but I’m glad it was a homeless guy because it will be easier to erase him from people’s memories.”  And with Jonghyun’s l words it all began to make some sense that explained why I had all that blood on my hands. Nodding in agreement Jonghyun continued with the story, “I sat there and watched you feed but when you had stopped and came back to your senses; I felt that something was different about you but I brushed it off because I thought it was just your body adjusting to your new powers. . . . but I would have never figured it was because you had forgotten everything . . . if I had known it was going to do that to you I would have never changed you.” He started to cry and I was compelled to hug him wrapping my arms around him I told him that I was glad that he changed me because now I can spend the rest of my life with him, and now I can learn everything all over again and while doing that I have the chance to fall in love with him all over again. He looked at me and the monster that I once saw was gone, I now saw a gentle guy with lovely brown eyes. He stood up and told me to wait in the living room while he fetched a surprise for me, I went in the living room and sat on the big comfy couch and suddenly everything went black. I heard his light voice say, “guess who?” I laughed and said, “I don’t know who this is.” He told me to close my eyes after a few minutes had passed he told me to open them. Opening my eyes I saw him standing before with a bouquet of black roses and he said they were for me. He had lit the fire place and had an arrangement strawberries sitting on the rug, taking my hand we walked over to the fire place. “So why the strawberries?” I asked, He looked at them and grabbed one, “Because they are your favorite.” And with that said he fed one to me ; I figured he  was right because while I was eating it the flavor blossomed on my taste buds and I began to crave  more.  After I had my fill of the delicious fruit We laid down on the rug and he held me in his arms the whole night; As I began to drift off to sleep I remembered to ask a question I had long forgotten until now, “Jonghyun, does this mean that we can’t go out in the daylight anymore?” He laughed and kissed my forehead and said, “You will see when you wake up tomorrow. Now go to sleep my love you have had a rough night tonight and you have a lot to learn tomorrow.”  Then I remembered one last question, hesitantly I asked, “umm also Jonghyun, what year is it?” he chuckled once more, “It’s 2005 honey now get some rest.” I closed my eyes and as I drifted off to sleep I finally felt some kind of piece.