Jin

BTS (Back To School)

        You stood at the entrance to the school, conversing with your friends while waiting for the bell to ring. It seemed like a typical morning, a day just like any other. Your friends and you would often steal glances at the cute boys just a little ways away or stare as a hottie walked by on his way to class. There was group not far off doing back flips off the stairs – or attempting to do so, seeing as many of them ended up just landing on their butts. It was an entertaining morning routine; just an average day as far as you could tell.

 

        "Hey, I wonder what SeokJin is up to. I haven't seen him yet," one of your friends commented, her eyes darting around in search of the boy and reminding you of the handsome rebel. They often teased you because you had a crush on him, but it really was strange now that you thought of it -- usually he'd be making a ruckus by now.

 

        "Are you okay?" he asked, he used his free hand to cup your face raising it up so he could examine you, turning your face left to right before a questioning look enveloped his expression. "What's wrong? Are you not used to running so much? Are you tired?" he was genuinely concerned but you didn't know how to answer as your voice caught in your throat again. "How about we just walk, okay?"

 

        His hand fell from your face and he nodded, you started nodding with him. With you silent agreement he stood beside you, still holding your hand as he started at a slow pace. You closed your eyes and took a silent deep breath in an attempt to calm yourself. "So, do you wanna go steal something?" he asked casually while looking at you.

 

        You stopped and gaped at him in shock. "Isn't that what you think I do?" you closed your mouth and shook your head. It was well known that he was rebellious, but he wasn't a thief... at least as far as you knew. "You think highly of me, don't you?"

 

        "Eh?" your voice was shaky, but your face was flushed again and you could only look away.

 

        "So you do like me. The rumors are true for once." He seemed pleased as he continued to walk. His eyes were focused on the blue sky, a look of peace on his face. You let yourself smile as you watched him. It was different being this close to him. He wasn't just the cool heartthrob that caught your eye often.

 

        "So," you started, taking a deep breath. You were going to force yourself to talk to him. "Where are we going?" you asked, your eyes watching your feet as you took each step in time with him.

 

       "Hmm," he hummed for a moment, seeming to consider the possibilities before lightly bumping his shoulder against yours. "Let's go to my hideout," he chimed excitedly, pulling you along again this time at a much slower pace, but still almost running.

 

        "You have a hideout?" you called towards him not sure if you should really continue to follow him, but your feet just moved forward. There was no stopping at this point.

 

        "Shhh, you'll see." You could tell he was smiling by the sound of his voice. He led you aimlessly down streets and alleyways until he finally stopped in the middle of one. "Here we are." he stated while letting your hand fall to a lonely halt at your side. He crouched down and opened the window to a basement. "You want me to go first? I'll catch you."

 

        You contemplated it for a moment, not really sure what was going on. You probably shouldn't follow him down there, but today you had already broken so many rules you might as well continue. So you nodded. SeokJin slid feet first through the window, disappearing. Scared you approached it and leaned down to look through the open hole. He was standing there arms wide open with a smile on his face.

 

        Taking a step back you closed your eyes, when you opened them again you did as he had and slid your feet through first. You soon felt his hands on your waist as he pulled you the rest of the way through and set you down on your feet. "Is it over?" you asked, your eyes closed. You waited a moment for an answer but opened your eyes upon the feeling of his lips against yours. It sent you heart racing and your breath caught in your throat.

 

        In your surprise you backed away from him, tripping over something and falling to the floor. "Sorry," he said quickly as he offered his hand for you to take. He pulled you up again and led you over to a couch, sitting you down before he walked away. "I'll be right back." He didn't look like he wanted to leave you, like he was afraid you might leave if given the opportunity. But he left, leaving you alone in the unfamiliar basement of a house... a house that was owned by whom?

 

        Questions came and went, you just tried to trust him while calming your nerves. You looked around and it wasn't bad for a hideout made by a teenager. It was furnished, lighted, clean... so surprisingly clean. It was like seeing a different side to him all at once and it made you wonder what kind of person he really was? You asked yourself that question a thousand times and never really came to a conclusion.

 

        "Here." You jumped at the sound of his voice. He was holding a bottle of water out towards you. You had zoned out so completely that you hadn't realized he was back. "Sorry, this must be a pretty bad day for you, huh?" You took the bottle and he sat down next to you.

 

        You wanted to answer and let him know it was okay, but you weren't sure what you could say. He looked upset which seemed weird considering his previous mood. "I'm fine," you choked out while putting a hand lightly on his arm. You smiled at him it was awkward but sincere, you quickly looked away and shyly pushed some hair behind your ear.

 

        "Really? You're not just saying that right?" he looked at you expectantly, all you could do was gasp in air when you looked at him, before looking back down at your lap.

 

        You opened your water and took a drink. You put the cap back on and set the bottle on the coffee table in front of you. You nervously played with your fingers for a minute. "____-(y)ah?" He put a reassuring hand on your shoulder.

 

        "Thank you," you managed. He tilted his head to try and look at your face, you looked completely away from him. "Thank you, SeokJin. This is a lot better than school, and I'm not just saying that," you stopped, taking a deep breath before continuing, "I'd rather spend the day with you than be anywhere else." Your confession was coming out and you didn't want to stop yourself, you would be courageous and admit it openly.

 

        "Well, then you're welcome. You know... you're really cute," he didn't seem as confident as usual. You peeked a glance at him to see that he looking at his feet, as if he was shy about what he had said.

 

        "I think you're really cool," you confidently looked at him even though you knew what you said had sounded lame. Somehow you knew that if you confessed your feelings for him he wouldn't reject you. It definitely wasn't how you imagined. You always thought that if you told him how you felt he would brush you off and walk away but luckily he really did have a hidden personality.

 

        "That's my shell." His confidence seemed to be back as he turned to face you, but then he ran his hand through his hair nervously. "I'm actually really boring," he said with a serious face before smiling, "What about you?"

 

        "Oh, uh, yeah... I'm really boring too, but I'm always boring, there's no shell," you laughed a little at yourself.

 

        "Yeah, it must be really boring to go to school all the time. You're such a loser," he teased cutely rubbing his thumb across your cheek, he bit his lower lip and looked down.

 

        "I don't think you have room to talk," you said catching his attention completely as he looked at you waiting for your conclusion. "You do nothing but cause trouble all day, at least I study and talk to my friends somewhere in there." You smiled brightly flashing your teeth tauntingly.

 

        "At least people think I'm cool." He was happy about this teasing battle. He reached out and began to tickle you. You squirmed away from him toward the other end of the couch, he followed you and you ended up laying down. He was hovering over you, winning this tickling match, not that you had a chance to attack back.

 

        Your hands were on his chest as you tried to push him away, he suddenly stopped and his expression dropped as he looked at you. A serious look took hold of him now, he was holding himself up on the arm rest, his knees on either side of you. SeokJin cupped your face with his hand like before, but this time it was different.

 

        "You know, I really like you," he whispered as he leaned closer to you, his lips hovering just above yours. "Can I..." His eyes were closed and it seemed like he was breathing heavily with how close he was to you. Your heart was pounding in your chest as you waited for him to complete his request. "Can I kiss you?" he asked, you could tell that he really wanted to, and you wanted too as well. With his lips so close to yours and the feeling of his hot breath as it covered your mouth, how could you not? You've wanted this since junior high, since the first time you laid eyes on him.

 

        Instead of saying yes, you leaned up and pressed your lips to his. You closed your eyes and waited as his lips meshed with yours. Your hands slid up around his neck, your fingers sliding through his hair as your lips moved with his. A few seconds later he broke the kiss and pressed his forehead against yours. The kiss was much too short in your opinion, but you didn't say anything. You opened your eyes to see that his were still closed, but he was smiling. And you smiled, too.

 

        This day couldn't be any more perfect.