Part 1

You Would Never Know

  Inspired by 7989 by Girls' Generation Taeyeon and Kangta oppa <3

 

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

 

As she walked inside the Milk tea shop on a bright yet chilly Sunday afternoon, she checked her reflection at the window glasses, making sure her pink sundress is properly in place, matching her cream-colored doll shoes. She brushed her long hair as she went to the usual secluded booth she and her usual companion occupy whenever they are here. She glanced at her wristwatch, realizing that he's ten minutes late. Again.

 

He huffed as he shoved the shop's wooden door open and let himself enter, knowing for sure that she is already there. He decided to go order at the counter to make up for his tardiness.

 

"Two Taro milk tea please," he said to the barista, still catching his breath from the short run he did from the parking lot to the shop. He dusted his white button down shirt and his black jeans, also making sure his hair is properly disheveled, if that even makes sense.

 

As soon as he got the orders, he walked to their usual booth, ready to take her nagging about him being late once again. It's almost a part of their weekly hangout, him being late, and her scolding him once he arrives.

 

"Hi, Tiffany," he said, kissing her cheeks casually. Best friends do that, right?

 

She rolled her eyes, "you're late again, Luhan."

 

He smiled his best smile as he put one milk tea in front of her on the table, "sorry. I was caught in a traffic jam."

 

Her eyes squinted, "lame excuse, as usual," but she smiled back anyway.

 

"Someone looks undeniably happy today," he muttered before sipping on his tea, checking her image through his long lashes, "and blooming, too."

 

"Well, yeah, I am happy today,"Tiffany said, her eyesmile visible, and it just made Luhan's heart to stop and beat faster than normal afterwards. 'Too pretty without even trying,' he thought to himself.

 

He eyed her suspiciously, "is it because of Baekhyun?"

 

Tiffany mentally snorted upon hearing Baekhyun's name. Byun Baekhyun, Luhan's friend who he introduced to her last week, is a charming young lad. He is smart, too, given that he studies in the most prestigious university in the country, which is also where Tiffany attends to, so they have been seeing each other the whole week. But it was just lunch together or going to library at times. He also has a good sense of humor that goes well with his handsome looks. But it wasn't because of Baekhyun. 'It's because it's Sunday today. And I get to see you every Sunday, dummy,' she thought.

 

"No, not really," she said instead.

 

"Oh, really? You sure about that?"

 

This time it was her who studied him, ignoring his last remark,"look at you. You look so blue today. Is everything alright?"

 

He stared blankly at her. 'How could everything be alright? You've been spending your week with Bacon and you look happy about it. Can't you tell?' Luhan regret it so much when he introduced Baekhyun to his best friend, especially when Baekhyun told him that he has taken a special interest at her. Of course he'll take interest at Tiffany. Luhan suddenly felt threatened.

 

He shrugged as if it doesn't matter, "school works' been rough."

 

Tiffany sighed in sympathy, "yeah, tell me about it. If it wasn't for Baekhyun, I wouldn't be able to finish my case study."

 

"Baekhyun helped you?" he exclaimed.

 

"Yeah."

 

"You could have asked for my help instead! Seriously! We're both business majors, and Bacon is a med student. Ugh!"

 

"What are you fussing about? Baekhyun was a great help, and he has some background in business management so he knows a thing or two. I didn't want to disturb you anyway since I know you're busy as well," she said calmly.

 

"Yeah, but still.."

 

"Chill, Hannie~ it was just a case study."

 

Luhan softened when she called him with that nickname of him from her. He loves it when she calls him with that name. He feels special to her. "Next time, just ask me. I'll be there for you."

 

"Okay, mister."

 

An easy conversation flows between the two as they stayed at the shop for at least an hour. You can tell from Luhan's frown that he hates it whenever Tiffany randomly mentioned Baekhyun, which doesn't go unnoticed to her. They would laugh or bicker at the simple things just like they always do whenever they are together.

 

They have been best friends since middle school. It started when Luhan, who is Chinese, was new at the school where Tiffany studies and was getting bullied by their schoolmate since he was a transferee. Tiffany, being the feisty girl that she was in her younger years, defended the poor boy and from then on, they've become good friends. And later on become best of friends.

 

Since then, Luhan has a crush on Tiffany. And as the years pass by and they've become closer and got to know each other better, his feelings for her grow into a much deeper thing. He fell in love with her. But being a coward that he is, he never confessed. He also don't want to ruin their friendship, especially when he is unsure whether Tiffany would reciprocate his love for her. Not knowing, that Tiffany herself is in love with him, too. One of the reasons she saved him from the bullies back then is because she likes himthe moment she saw him in the playground and in the verge of crying.

 

"Hey, I'm kinda tired of sitting," Luhan said over their second cup of tea, "let's get out of here."

 

"Where to?" Tiffany asked.

 

Luhan shrugged, "school playground?"

 

"Good idea," Tiffany grabbed her things and put it inside her bag. Luhan on the other hand is already standing and waiting for her to finish. When she's ready, he offered his hand to her, and she hold on to it as they walked outside.

 

They left Luhan's car at the parking lot since their old school is just a few blocks away from there. They leisurely walk hand in hand, swaying them lightly as they continue chatting.

 

Attimes like this, Tiffany's heart would swell out of happiness. She wished she could just tell him about how she feels. It would be nice to walk with him like this, but not as best friends, but as a couple. Luhan, too, feels like there's electricity surging through their hands, making his heart beat faster than ever. He loves the feeling of her soft hand intertwined with his slightly callous one. He dreams of kissing her hand every time he is holding it.

 

Something he would never be able to do, unless he confesses.

 

"So," Tiffany said after a few minutes of walking in silence, "how's everything going on for you this week?"

 

Luhan glanced at her as they rounded a corner, "like I said, it's been rough. There were a lot of paperwork. And this asshat professor of mine in one of my majors is being picky on my business plan."

 

"Ah, I see," she nodded, "if only you entered in the same university I am in, you wouldn't be like this."

 

"Yeah,"he snorted, "I wouldn't be like this. I would be worse."

 

"C'mon, it's not so hard in there."

 

"I just don't want to put pressure in studying, Tiff."

 

"Whatever. I bet you just don't want to see me every time, that's why," Tiffany mumbled, pouting her lips. Luhan chuckled at her childishness and pinched her cheek.

 

"Aww!" she smacked him on his head right after he released her cheeks.

 

"Don't act aegyo!" he chided.

 

"I wasn't acting aegyo!"

 

"Yes, you were!"

 

"Tss," and then she unconsciously pouted again.

 

"Stop being cute!"Luhan scolded her again, thinking that if she continued pouting he might just kiss her right then and there.

 

Tiffany, oblivious to Luhan's thoughts, smirked at him, "why? Are you bothered?" she said it seductively that Luhan flinched. And then his face turned tomato red.

 

"N-no! Course not! Yuck!"

 

Tiffany just laughed out loud, thinking how cute her best friend is when blushing. 'He's always cute anyway,' she added.

 

They finally arrived at the school playground where they first met years back. They sat on a bench, under the shade of a giant willow tree.

 

"We should have brought food, Hannie,"Tiffany muttered.

 

"You're hungry again?" Luhan asked incredulously.

 

"Yah~ a piece of cheesecake is not that much," she said defensively.

 

Suddenly, a minute of silence pass between the two. Luhan watched Tiffany from his peripheral vision as she looked down and play with her fingernails. He felt pissed at himself. He is such a coward towards her. How he wished he could muster some courage so he could tell her his feelings, before anyone could take her away from him.

 

He scooted closer to her and laid his head on her shoulder, closing his eyes. Tiffany felt her heart stopped before beating faster than it should. She glanced at him, slightly smelling his hair. Lightly, so Luhan won't notice, she brushed her lips on his hair. That's the closest she can get to kissing him like this. 'This dummy,' she thought again.

 

"Tiffany," he said, sliding his fingers through hers.

 

"Hm?"

 

"Do you.. Do you like Baekhyun?"

 

Tiffany raised her eyebrow at the question, "Baekhyun? Byun Baekhyun?"

 

"Yes.."

 

"Yes. I like him."

 

Luhan's heart stopped, feeling all the blood in his brain drained and his head pounded and throbbed. He lifted his head from her shoulder and faced her. Before he could say anything though, Tiffany spoke again.

 

"He's a nice friend. Like a cute dongsaeng."

 

Dongsaeng.

 

Dongsaeng. She means little brother. 'Ha! You're just her little brother, Bacon-ah!' he shouted in his mind.

 

He smiled, "so you mean, you don't like him? Like, like him like him?"

 

Tiffany furrowed her brows, "uhh.. Nope.. You're being weird, you know that?"

 

"Yeah, I know," he grinned at her before putting his head back on her shoulder again. He sighed in relief.

 

"What about you, Hannie? Does any of the pretty, rich girls in your campus attracted you already?" she asked cautiously, fearing he might said yes.

 

"Well, there's this one.." Tiffany's breathing hitched, and it did not go unnoticed to Luhan, making him smile again, 'what? You thought I like someother girls, eh?'

 

"And?"

 

"And she's not from my school."

 

"Does she know?"

 

He sighed, "no. I don't think she has any idea. She is so... Dense."

 

"Ah, I see."

 

 

 

 

~~~

 

AN:

 

Sweet nibblets!

It got cut off because author is STUPID. I'll probably upload the next part once I am done with it. it was actually finish, I already typed the ending, I even cried while writing it but then again author is stupid. happens people. happens.

 

See you when I see you.

 

-chin <3