The Coffee Shop

The Coffee Shop

   Just a small warning before you start reading: I'll be changing point of views as I go


It was a small cafe and not many people went there. Yongguk felt like he was seeing the same people everyday. He would go home feeling exhausted and not wanting to do anything. He never thought that one day he's be excited to go to work and get through the whole day  being so happy. and He also never though that his happiness was going to hurt his best friend. He only knew that whenever a certain customer came in, a smile lit up his face. That customer always came to buy coffee for himself and his elder brother, more specifically, he always came to buy two regular iced Americanos. Yonnguk had no idea why seeing him made him so happy but it just did.But no matter how happy he was, his best friend Daehyun felt wasn't. 

    Daehyun just ended up feeling depressed everytime Yongguk would flash his killer gummy smile at the boy and he felt worse when the boy would return that smile with a very shy, genuine one. He loved Yongguk, but he would never admit it. In fact he kept it to himself for the longest time. Then Jongup found out and he asked him not to say anything. Jongup obliged to his hyung's wish and kept quiet. But each day Jongup was worried. Especially since he knew the complicated situation they never knew they are in. Jongup has it in his head like this:Youngjae is in love with Daehyun who's in love with Yongguk who's in love with this boy who happens to be the younger brother of Yongguk's ex who Jongup fell in love with who is the older brother of Jongup's best friend that Yongguk is in love with.

    It's understand able anyone would get confused.So Jongup decided to keep thing to himself and painfully watch his friends get hurt. But at some point all of that  pain seemed to go ways since everyone chose to ignore their feelings for a while. Just for a short while, because Jongup was hurting again when he saw Daehyun run into the bathroom and cry for the first time.

~First Time Daehyun Cried~

   Daehyun was ready to confess to Yongguk. He wanted to tell Yongguk how much he loved him. He hoped that maybe Yongguk loved him too. But all of his hopes were shattered when the boy came back to the coffee shop. 

    Yongguk stood at the register andsmiled at the boy as he asked "Another Americano?" The boy shook his and and said "I didn't come here for and Americano... I came here to talk to you," Yongguk's smile slightly faded "About what?" The boy blushed as he looked down at his fingers, twirling them together "About... Us..." Yongguk blinked at him a bit then led him to an empty table. Daehyun watched as the love of his life' or so he thought, started talking to the boy. Yongguk took a beep breath "What was it you wanted to talk about?" The boy looked up meeting eyes with him, blushing even harder "I... I really like you!" He quickly covered his mouth, feeling embarrassed about his sudden confession. 

    Yongguk blushed "You... Like me?" The boy suddenly frowned "Did I disgust you? You don't like me do you? You like older guys who are much better looking than me...... Himchan hyung was right..... you only fall for Ulzzangs..." The boy was about to get up but Yongguk stopped him and grabbed his wrist "Wait! I never said I didn't like you- wait you're.... Jun Hong! the last time I saw you you were only fifteen," The boy looked at him "You... Remember me??" Yongguk nodded. Jun Hong suddenly thought of Yongguk's words 'I never said I didn't like you,'  He started blushing harder "Wait, Yongguk hyung... When you said.." Yongguk nodded "Jun Hong I do like you. We maybe years apart but every time you step into this coffee shop and tell me you want an iced Americano, I can't help but feel all happy inside,"

    As Jun Hong sat back down and talked to Yongguk more, Daehyun couldn't hold back his tears and ran into the men's room. Jongup became worried when he saw this and asked Youngjae to go check on him. "Wait, are you sure you can do all of this on your own?" Jongup nodded "Ne hyung, go check up on Daehyun hyung, I'll be fine," Youngjae nodded and went to the men's room to find his heartbroken friend "Daehyun hyung?" He called out but got no reply. He decided to check on  the first two stalls and didn't see him, accidentally disturbing a guy taking a number two. "Mianhae ajusshi..." He looked in the next stall and then the next until he found Daehyun. He was sitting on the toilet, knees up with his face buried in it. "Daehyun?" Daehyun looked up at him, cheeks wet from all the tears he cried "Go away..."

   Youngjae shook his head "No, I'm not leaving you. Not when you're like this," Daehyun tried closing the door but Youngjae stopped him "Daehyun, talk to me. Don't ignore me," Before Daehyun could speak the ajusshi washed his hand and walked out of the men's room "Just ignore me," Daehyun put his hand on his on knees and gripped his pants "Youngae... What's wrong wih me?" Youngjae looked at him confused "What do you mean?" Daehyun looked at his hands " Why am I so unattractive?" Youngjae knelt infront of him and lifted his chin so he can look at him "Who ever said you're unattractive? Daehyun you're the most attractive guy I know," Daehyun looked into his eyes "Yongguk.... Why doesn't he like me????"

    Youngjae couldn't hold his feelings and kissed Daehyun. It was a passionate kiss and something Daehyun wasn't expecting. Youngjae broke the kiss "I could ask you the same thing hyung, Why don't you like me?What does Yongguk hyung have that I don't?" Daehyun looked at him confused "What? Youngjae what do you mean?" Youngjae held his face in his hands and stopped talking formally "Daehyun I love you," Daehyun cried even harder "I should have known... I should have paid attention when you were giving me signs.." Youngjae sighed "How could you when all you paid attention to was Yongguk.," Daehyun knew he was right but for some reason a part of Daehyun told him he felt something for Youngjae. 

      Youngjae remembered Jongup "Hey, we have to go back. Uppie is all alone out there," Youngjae got up and started walking. Daehyun got off the toilet and grabbed his arm "Wait!"Youngjae looked at him. Daehyun kissed Youngjae "Thank You," Youngjae smiled at Daehyun and the both walked out of the men's room together. When Jongup saw the two he felt relieved "Thank you!!!!! Yongguk hyung left me here by my self and all of these customers came pouring in!" Daehyun and Youngjae quickly helped with getting customers' orders. Youngjae started the coffee machine and asked "Uppie, where did hyung go?" Jongup was getting a customer's order ahile he answered "He left with Jun Hong,"

     Youngjae started to finish the mocha "Oh ok," It was times like these they really wished Yongguk was with them. After two hours they were ready to close and They were all in the backroom. Jongup took his shirt off and noticed Daehyun had a big smile on his face. Jong up slightly smiled "Daehyun hyung, you seem so happy," Daehyun looked at him and gave him a smile he hadn't seen in along time. From that moment on everything was back to the way it was. Somewhat, the only diference was Yongguk was leaving earlier from time to time. Jongup was happy that everyone was happy. 

     After a couple of happy months, being happy was a thing of the past for Yongguk. 

~After Six Months~

     Jongup was at the counter taking orders when Himchan came up to him "Hi, you're Jun Hong's friend Jongup right?" Jongup nodded "N-Ne," Him slightly smiled at him "Well I'm his brother Himchan and I was wondering if you saw him?" Jongup slightly nodded "Ne.. He just left with Yongguk hyung," Himchan blinked "He's with Yongguk?" Youngjae stood next to Jongup "Ne Himchan hyung. They left earlier but they never said where they were going," Himchan cleared his throat and tried to stand straight "How long have they been going out like this?" Youngjae raised an eyebrow and put his towel down "Don't you know?" Himchan slightly leaned on the counter "Know what?" Youngjae slightly chuckled "They're dating," Himchan went wideeyed and got off the counter.

    He wasn't sure how to react "You mean Yongguk and Jun Hong?" Youngjae nodded. Jongup smiled "Jun Hong seems to make my big brother happy," Himchan looked at him "Big brother? I don't remember him having a younger-Oh!Uppie!!! I haven't seen you for three years!" That's when it hit Jongup making his smile fade "Wait......H-Himchan hyung? You used to be-" Youngjae laughed at Jongup's surpised expression "Don't tell me you didn't recognize him?" Jongup looked at Youngjae and shook his head "No, I didn't recognize him..." Youngjae softly patted Jongup's head "Now you know," He took his towel and continued wiping cups. Jongup looked at Himchan and blinked.

    Himchan slightly smiled "Well anyway I have to go. It was nice seeing you," He softly patted his shoulder and left. Jongup watched as the man walked out of the door. He started to blush, but was surprised by a hand in his face "Heeellllooooo!!!!!!! Jongup!!!!!!" Jongup blinked and stared at his friend Sungjae "Oh hey....... What's up?" Sungjae started to laugh a little "Jongup I'm ordering a Mocha and I was gonna ask if you can go out tomorrow. I wanted to hang out and I wanted you to meet someone..." Jongup smiled "Oh ok and I'll get you that Mocha," Sungjae sat at a table not too far from the counter. Jongup got started with the mocha.

    When he finished he sat down with Sungjae and gave him his mocha. Sungjae took a sip "So this is where you go after school," Jongup nodded "Yeah My brother and his friends run this shop... And I kinda work here," Sungjae had a big smile etched accross his face "That's great!!!!" Jongup was confused "Huh?" Sungjae took another sip of his Mocha "Well I was hoping you could help me look for a job but since you work here maybe.... I could too?" Jongup nodded "I'll ask hyung first," Sungjae took his last sip "Great! well I'll see you tomorrow, if your brother lets you,"

    Sungjae got up and left Jongup with a piece of paper. Jongup went back to the counter and helped Youngjae. Daehyun was making coffee when he dropped one of the cups. Youngjae went up to him when he heard the shattering cup "Hey are you alright?" Daehyun nodded and started picking up the pieces. As he picked them up he cut his finger "Ow!" Youngjae took his hand "Put that down and let Jongup clean it," Daehyun did as he was told and put the pieces of the cup back down. Youngjae brought him to the back room. Jongup groan a little as he got a broom and dustpan and cleaned up the shattered cup. 

    While he was cleaning Yongguk suddenly showed up "Uppie what happened? What did I tell you about handling coffee?" Jongup finished cleaning and put the broom and dustpan away "Hyung it wasn't me, It was Daehyun hyung," Yongguk laughed a little "Well is he ok?" Jongup nodded "Ne, he just cut himself a little," Yongguk nodded "Ok," He looked at the clock "Hey.. It's time to close up the shop," Jongup looked at the amount of customers they still had "But hyung, we still have customers," Yongguk looked around and counted how many they had "ok..well... Let's wait till they all leave," Jongup nodded.

    Youngjae and Daehyun walked back to the front counter and saw Yongguk. Youngjae remembered Himchan "Oh yeah hyung, Himchan hyung came here ealier," Yongguk blinked at him "Him..Chan..?" Youngjae nodded "Ne, Himchannie hyung," Jongup put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. He read the paper and tugged on Yongguk's shirt "Hyung, my friend Sungjae came here earlier and I thinkhe wants to work here and so does his friend Peniel," Daehyun Smiled "That would be great! We could use more people here," Yongguk nodded "I guess..." Youngjae looked around "Hey, there are no more customers. We should close up the shop now," 

    Jongup got the mop, while Youngjae and Daehyun got towels. Yongguk sat down at one of the tables "What did Himchan want?"  Jongup started mopping the floor "He was just looking for Jun Hong," Yongguk leanded his back on the chair and sighed "What else did he want?" Youngjae shook his head "Nothing, that was all he came here for. Also, we told him that you two were dating," Yongguk tried to hold back tears. Daehyun looked at Yongguk and put his towel down on the table "Hyung, is there something wrong?" Yongguk looked at him "No, it's nothing. I'm fine," Daehyun nodded and picked up his towel and continued cleaning "If you say so,"

    As they were cleaning Himchan came into the shop "Yongguk!" They all turned to look at him stopping what ever they were doing. Yongguk got up from his chair seeing the state Himchan was in "Himchan, what happened?" Himchan hugged Yongguk ongguk..." Yongguk felt confused "Himchan, what the hell is going on?" Himchan let go of him "Yongguk, Junhong...." Yongguk held him by his shoulders "What about him? Himchan tell me what the hell is going on?" Himchan was about to speak when they heard Junhong yelling "Hyung!"

    Junhong ran up to them and hugged Himchan as tight as he can "Hyung, I don't want to go with them," Himchan couldn't hold back tears "Junhong, who said I was willing to give you back to them? My life would be hell without you," Yongguk was even more confused "What the hell is going on? Where is he going?" Yongguk looked  over at a woman who was staring at Jun Hong "Junhong, Himchan... Who's that?" Junhong looked at what Yongguk was looking at "My mother..." Yongguk looked at him "Your..... Mother?" Himchan held Junhong "His mother came back for him.... She wants to take him to the US,"

    Yongguk put his hand on Junhong's shoulder "Junhong..." Junhong looked at him. He let go of Himchan and wrapped his arms around Yongguk's neck. He softly kissed him "Yongguk, I don't want to go with her. I want to stay here with you and Himchan and Jongup and everyone else. I don't want to be separated from you guys," Yongguk hugged him "Jun Hong, you don't have to if you don't want to," Junhong looked at his mother, who just stood there in hopes her son would go with her. Yongguk looked at her and saw in her eyes what seemed like pain. He knew she must have felt horrible for what she did, abandoning Junhong years ago.

    Junhong's mother approached them and put her hand on his shoulder "Honey..." Junhong looked at her "O-Omma... I don't want to leave them, especially not Yongguk," She nodded "I understand but... You have to understand me as well," Himchan faught to hold back tears and sounded rude as he said "How can he understand you when you left him eighteen years ago? You abandond him as an infant. He was only a few month old," She looked at him "I was in college when I had him... I didn't know what to do and my father didn't want to keep him. But since your mother was my best friend I asked her to help me out. She was the only person I was able to go to,"

    Himchan put a hand on Jun Hong's shoulder "What do you mean you couldn't "keep" him? He's not a puppy that you can just give away! And what makes you think I'm going to let my little brother go with you just like that?!" She started crying. She wanted to say something but, be fore she can her husband came. He was a big, stealthy guy and a bit scary looking. Daehyun and Youngjae looked at each other. Jongup hid behind Yongguk "That can't possibly be his father..." She loooked at her husband and shook her head. He walked up to them "Jun Hong, you have to come with me and your mother to the US," Jun Hong shook his head "No, I'm not going anywhere with any of you. I'm staying here,"

   The man who could posssibly be his father took his wrist forcefully and pulled him away from his friends and Yongguk. Without a word, he was dragged to the car. His mother followed them "Wait! Hyunsoo Wait!! You can't just force him to go with us if he doesn't want to go!" Himchan became angry and wanted to chase after them but was stopped. Yongguk formed a fist with his hands and walked back into the cafe "Jongup, get your things we're going home. Daehyun, lock up the place," Himchan sighed "I'm going home.... I.. I need some time to think," 

    Daehyun wasn't sure how to react and took Youngjae's hand "Let's go back and get our things and go home,"Youngjae nodded. They all went in and finished cleaning. Yongguk and Jongup left without saying a word. Daehyun and Youngjae were concered about how what just happened would affect him. They all knew that the following days weren't going to be easy for all of them. Especially Yongguk and Himchan. HImchan felt empty without his little brother around the house and Yongguk felt lonely without the boy he fell in love with.