Where am I? What is this place?

Shattered Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Where am I?

What is this place?

  Characters: 7936 | Words:1830

 

"Chae Joo Eun. Come to my office later. It's the door at the very end of the hallway."
"Yes ma'am."

"Chae Joo Eun. 6 years old. No parents. No relatives?"
"I have an omma and appa."
"Yeah. Okay. Whatever."
The lady rolled her eyes while flipping through a few documents.

"Ahju- ma'am, what is this place?"
"A place for children to find new families when they have no parents."
"I have parents."
"Oh stop your nonsense child. Why are you here then?"
"I don't know."
"Then sit there and be quiet, child."

"When will my omma and appa come back?"
"It's listed here that you don't have parents."
"Ahjumma! I do have-"

*Ring ring rin-* 
The lady eyed you as she picked up the phone.

"Hello. This is Chata Adong Centre speaking."
"Ah yes, another child?"
"Yes please send her here."
"Yes Yes goodbye."

"Ahjumm-"

*slap*

"I told you to call me ma'am."
You looked at her with teary eyes as you held onto your cheek.

What did you do to deserve this?Even your mother doesn't lay a finger on you.

"Now, now. Don't you cry on me, child, this is how things work here. This is reality."
You nodded slowly as tears stream down your face. 

"Since these documents have been sorted. You may leave."
"Y-yes ma'am.."
"Follow the other children to learn what they do here everyday. By tomorrow, you should be used to how everything works around here. If you cause any trouble, there is a small room, called the dark room where every naughty child is sent to for at least awhile. Now of you go."

You shivered as you exit the office. You wouldn't want to be in that room.

You walked back to the large room where you were before. Children are now cleaning up, wiping down the table and chairs, wiping the windows, dusting and even sweeping the floor. These kids looked like they were around 5-10 years old.

You stood there pretty much clueless and not knowing what to do.

A bulky looking girl came up to you and handed you a broom she was using. 
"Hey new shrimp. go wipe the corners of the room."
You nodded and proceeded to clean. Shrimp? Were you that short?

"OW OW OW! YOU HAG! LET GO OW!"
Everyone turned around to see a young boy being dragged by the ear.
"HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT YOUR ELDERLY." 
The boy kicked and punched the lady as he tried to struggle free.
"LET ME GO! I DIDN'T MEAN TO KNOCK IT DOWN. I WAS ONLY PLAYING."
"You should know the rules here! You've been here for 2 years! And you've been sent back here times and you still haven't learnt your lesson?! I'm sending you off to the Dark Room. REFLECT ON YOUR WRONG DOINGS."

Everyone else was still looking as the boy was dragged off down the hallway. The lady returned soon after the sound of the door slammed shut and locked.

"What are you brats doing? GET BACK TO WORK. After you have finished all this, grab a paper and a pen each and write down 100 times 'I WILL OBEY EACH AND EVERY RULE IN THIS BUILDING' and 'I WILL FOLLOW EVERY ORDER MY SUPERVISOR HAS GIVEN ME'. ARRASSO?"

Every child replied, "Yes ma'am."

 

There was so much to do on your first day. After cleaning and writing 100 words of 2 sentences each, there was a 3 hour education session. All children were split up into groups by ages. The work was too difficult for a 6 year old to. It waa hard to keep up. SInce that was over, it was now time for a break for the rest of the day?

You walked around the concrete ground that was outside of the nightmare building. Everyone else had friends who they were able to play with. You were alone. Just casually walking by yourself until you spot a boy also sitting by himself. You stopped and stared for a bit. He looked up and smiled and that surprised you.

 
(Couldn't find one that looked like him)

"Hi th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter