Confession

Confession

It was ten minutes before Infinite was due to perform on stage. The members frantically prepared themselves in the waiting room, warming up their voices, practicing their dance moves, and rehearsing their lines. You sat with Sungjong, Woohyun and Dongwoo, and looked around for Myungsoo. Everyone was there except him. You had hoped to see him before the performance, wanting to wish him good luck. The reason you wanted to see him in particular was because ever since you became Infinite's new hairdresser, the two of you had been hitting it off quite well. There was just something about Myungsoo that made him stand out from the other members, but you weren't sure what it was. He must have seen something in you too, because he always made sure to say hello to you as soon as you entered the building.
Finally, the excitement in the room became too much for you to handle. You asked if any of the members had seen Myungsoo, coming up with the excuse that he should be in here getting ready too. Dongwoo mentioned seeing him go into one of the rooms down the hall, but he wasn't sure why. You politely thanked Dongwoo, and quickly made your way down the hall.

"Myungsoo?" you tapped on the door and opened it. The sight of Myungsoo's caught you by surprise. It startled him as well, as he let out a small gasp. "Oh! I'm so sorry, Myungsoo! I should've-"
"Wait," he said suddenly, and you froze on the spot. "Please stay." His request sounded so sincere, but the confusion that engulfed you had caused you to panic.
"What? But what if someone sees us, I can't-"
"Please," he asked once more, "just come in, and shut the door."
You followed his orders, still apprehensive about his decision. "Myungsoo, what is it?" you asked, going over to him hesitantly. You could see him slightly blushing as he turned to you.
"Could you help me with this?" he asked, gesturing at the shirt he was holding up. One of the buttons was tangled in his hair, and he was having a hard time taking it out. You sighed in relief, realizing that he just needed your help. Whatever made you think it was something else caused you to blush. Myungsoo took notice.
"Do you... Not like it?" he asked.
"Like what?"
"...Me, like this." his voice became so quiet, it was barely inaudible. You had to lean closer as he asked, "Do you... not like me?" His question took you off guard, and your fingers fumbled. The button on the shirt broke free from his hair, and he covered his face with it. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked like this," he apologized, "I shouldn't have asked."
"Myungsoo, I-"
"It's okay, you don't have to answer." he stood there, holding the cloth to his face, to shy to look at you.
"No, Myungsoo... I do. I do like you." His heart fluttered at your words, and he peeked at you. "In fact, Myungsoo... I like you a lot."
"I... I like you too," he said, taking the cloth away from his face, smiling at you shyly. "I really like you."
The two of you stared at each other, both of you blushing from the heat. Those few seconds felt like hours.

Suddenly, there was knocking. "Myungsoo, are you still in there?" The two of you heard Dongwoo call from behind the door.
"Uh, yeah! I'll be there in a minute, just hang on," Myungsoo answered.
You frantically helped him put on his shirt, making sure not to get his hair caught on the buttons again. As you rushed him to the door, he stopped and turned to look at you.
"Thank you. You know, for helping me?"
"A-anytime... Oh! And, good luck with the performance, um... Myungsoo," you said shakily.
He smiled and gave you a 'fighting!' sign, before he headed out.

As you watched Infinite's performance that night, you noticed Myungsoo looked exceptionally cheerful, with a glint in his eye and a cute bounce to his every step!