Blind Date

Coffee Date

I was going to kill Jane when i saw her. I only broke up with Yixing 2 weeks ago and she had already arranged this blind date. If she wasn't my best friend i would have already killed her by now. Count your blessings jane.... your days are numbered if this guy turns out like the last one. I shuddered. Don't get me wrong, he was a nice guy but talking about his work, as a morgue worker didn't exactly sit well with my dinner. Sighing i pulled out my most identifiable sweater. A bright pink one.

Pulling on my leather jacket and boots i grabbed my keys to lock up the apartment. At least the coffee shop was only a couple blocks away. I'll just walk it. I braced myself for the cold snow. Perfect weather for coffee. Coming up to the pedestrian crossing i pushed the button waiting for the cars to stop. As i breathed out a mist of fog escaped my lips. I laughed. "haaaa haaaa" i breathed. When was the last time i had done this?

"I am a fire breathing dragon" i mumbled before breathing out my 'flames'. 

"hahaha" i heard someone softly chuckle to my right. Turning around i noticed somone who took my breath away. Tall dark and handsome only seemed to scratch the surface. His brown eyes twinkled with amusement as he looked at me. His caramel skin seemed so flawless and contrasted heavily to the snow that fell around us. His fringe was slightly too long as my fingers itched to push it out of his eyes. 

I cursed myself as i felt myself blushing and my ears turned red. HOW LONG HAD HE SEEN ME ACTING LIKE AND IDIOT. OMFGIFDJSKMNSDF IJK.

Calm down, he probably was laughing at something else. I pulled my scarf closer to my face.

"Cute" he mumbled. I must have heard him incorrectly.

As the lights beeped for pedestrians to walk i hurried as quickly as i could to escape the embarassment i had shared with a complete stranger. And why did he have to be cute? whyyyyy?

What did i do so wrong in a previous life to deserve thisssss.... i  internally cried. Rushing forward i felt myself slip on the icy pavement. I braced myself for the cold ice. It never came. Opening my eyes i sensed the warm hands surrounding my waist. 

Talk dark and handsome was also a knight it seems. I cursed myself again as my cheeks flaired up for a second time. What was with this guy. 

The date was in 5 minutes. "Thanks... uhhh gotta go" I rushed.

"Wait..." i heard him call after me. 

Rushing to the coffee shop i huffed as i entered the door. The bell ontop of the door ringing as i came through. I chose the table closest to the window. As i looked out of it i could see the snow cascading onto everything. I loved winter. Not only was the coffee perfect but it made everything new in a sense. Every morning that i woke up a new sheet of snow had covered the town. Should i order a coffee now or later?

Moving to the counter i ordered a soy chai latte. Once it was ready i took it back to my table. As i again sat down i inhaled the fresh smell of coffee into my lungs. Glancing at my watch. He's 10 minutes late. i shrugged off my leather jacket revealing the bright pink sweater that i was supposed to be identified with. Well it looks like i'm being stood up. Sighing i reached for my phone. Fingers poised to send a very angry text to Jane to tell her what a bad idea this was in the first place. 

A ding rang through the quiet and cosy shop. My fingers typing away until someone came to my table.

"Sorry, are you... perhaps wating for someone?"

Glancing up i was suprised.

"Tall dark and handsome... What are you doing here?"

He laughed. His head tilting slightly backwards when he did so. OH CRAP DID I SAY THAT ALOUD

"This may seem crazy but i was supposed to meet a girl here today.... it was a favour for a friend. She was going to wear a bright pink sweater... Maybe i'm the person you were going to meet today. My name is Jongin. You can call me Kai."

Reaching out i took his hand. It was soft and slightly calloused. They felt warm, protective.

"Hi..."

 

 

40 YEARS LATER

 

Walking into that familar coffee shop i sighed inhaling that smell. The same smell that reminded me of him. Glancing at my watch i noticed the time. 10 minutes late. Typical. I shurgged my jacket off, revealing a familar sight. A bright pink sweater i had kept for years. I laughed at it's novelty. I heard the ding of the door opening. Looking up i smiled. 

"Sorry, are you..... perhaps waiting for someone?"

"Tall dark and handsome... What are you doing here?"

He laughed. The same way he did back then. His eyes still full of mischief all these years later.

"This may seem crazy, but i was supposed to meet a girl here today.... She was going to wear a bright pink sweater."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, it's our 35 year Anniversary"

I felt the tears prick at my eyes. Looking at his face i marvelled at how young he looked. Despite the wrinkles we both shared he still had the ability to make my heart flutter as strong as it did all those years ago. Leaning over i pecked him on the cheek.

"Happy Anniversary Kai."

"Happy Anniversary my love."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author:

Rolls on the floor... what did i write *squeals*

love you all 

xoxo glassmoon