2.

Eigengrau

It was pouring heavily outside. The street was supposed to be free of people as usual, but Kim Hyoyeon could see a woman body and a bundle of clothes laid right in the middle of the street from her bedroom window. She thought the woman might be crazy or something, but it'd been hours since the rain started, she could be sick. So Kim Hyoyeon once again decided to be a saint and went down, exiting the building after bringing an umbrella in one hand. She squatted next to the body, reaching out her free hand to poke it.

Once.

Twice.

Thrice.

No respond.

Now that she saw it close, she would say the body was injured quite badly, she could notice bruises and scratches on the exposed skin, blood stains high and low. Lots of blood.

Hyoyeon shifted her eyes to the bundle then took it. It's kind of heavy, and she could feel something she's not quite sure of. It didn't feel like bundle of her jacket, more like- flesh. And bones.

She found a newborn baby after peeling two layers of clothes, pale just like his mother but somehow still warm under her touch. Hyoyeon ran back into her flat, grabbing her phone and called the police who didn't came until half an hour later. They took the two bodies to hospital, and kept asking her questions before eventually the shocking information about the baby reached them. 

" He's still alive," the doctor said, amazed. " And other than having colds, he's perfectly healthy. This must be miracle." 

" How about the mother? "

" About that- we're really sorry. We've tried our best, but it's been too late. She'd lost too much blood."

Hyoyeon only nodded at the doctor, didn't really know how to react about all of these. The police continued their questions which she answered rather sloppily. How would she know about their remaining relatives? Or who would take care the baby? For goodness sake, she only met them less than three hours before.

" What are you going to do with the baby?" She asked out of curiosity. 

" We'll send him to orphanage of course, unless there are people who want to adopt him."