+ how to write your form - the proper way

Neverland Republic: ☢ Airline Edition

 

 

 

 

READ THIS AND SAVE A LIFE.

it's a pain for every designer's head to be assigned to a request that gives insufficient detail. like seriously. I hope this cheat sheet may serve as a guide so as to attain a better understanding between you and us as we MAKe your GRAPHICs.

+ username section
put the correct USERNAME and include all the usernames of your co-authors (if it applies).

+ profile link section
like what has been stated on the form, your profile must be placed in PUBLIC for us to contact you easier. otherwise, you may want to add the thread. the pending list is being updated regularly so if you see the pilot (designer) assigned to you there then add her so that she can communicate with you. the CREW has already been told to avoid contacting the admin regarding topics like THESE so let's help each other. it's not that hard to click that add button, isn't it? plus you'd be able to ask her regarding the progress of your request.

+ story/thread title section
again, place the correct and final title for the story/thread you are requesting for. do not suddenly tell us that you have changed IT because we may not accept redos.

+ story link section
it's better if it is already posted but if it's still in draft then that's okay too (you must be certain that you will publish it within two weeks after requesting here or after you receive the graphics). we'll wait till you publish it so that we can see if you're using our works. mind you, we do check this all the time. If you fail to publish your story/thread, you will be blacklisted.

+ choosing designers
be sure that the designer is AVAILABLe, has a vacant slot in her current BATCh, and is capable of doing your request given its genre. to be guided with this, visit the crew board.

+ choosing genres
avoid at all costs genres that are opposite from each other, or far from each other. if both genres apply then choose the one that is apparent in your story or elaborate on the "other" option of the genres section (if no existing genre seem to exactly fit your theme). here are some examples:

  • romance & comedy - COMEDY lies more on the laugh part. (a much bolder and brighter version of romance) while romance lies more on the cringe sweet part (it usually comes out soft and uses pastels).
  • light angst & dark angst - light looks like something close to THIS while dark looks like THIS.
  • romance & angst - romance looks soft and lovey-dovey (with flowers and all the muchiness but less on the funny type of cheesy) while angst is more dramatic (it can usually finish off with brown colors or NEUTRALS. The colors and contrast may be bolder than romance too- imagine a cheating husband type of storyline).
  • comedy & angst - this seriously makes me scratch my eye. again comedy is happy and funny and all, while angst again, requires more crying and drama.
  • happy & sad - um, duh?

+ landscape and portrait posters
it does matter because well, it will affect the photos which will be USED including the stocks and the textures.

+ graphic preference section
do try to voice out your ideas. as designers, we have to do a lot of requests and there are instances when we cannot think of something new anymore (especially if your story/thread is pretty vague and common) so do help by imagining what you want your poster TO look like.

+ choosing your color scheme
be sure that what you have placed on the form is suitable for the genres you have chosen.

+ photos
it's best if you provide us sample photos instead of preferences as we don't know all artists and idols. also, we encourage you to provide high-quality photos. here's a guide:

  • 500px + (so it must be huge, although a typical size is fine for as long as it's not really tiny).
    example: red=wrong, green=right
      
     
  • no selcas/selfies, lq fantaken, and too much-cropped photos! it's really, really hard to use them. like literally. use photos that are taken from photoshoots, or tumblr-y quality photos (if you want it on candid and more on scenes).
      
     
  • for posters that are under COMEDy and romance (although seldom), we can use pngs/renders (photos with a transparent background. not white, not black, but transparent.) so it's best if you provide them. it's good enough if it reaches the hip and is a full head, or if it's a whole body png. Make sure to send this only if you do not want a blend type of poster.
      
     


+ asking for specific stocks and textures
most of the textures we use can be found on Deviantart so if you want to provide a specific texture, find it there. when asking for stocks, do provide sample images (please) and avoid asking for really odd ones (eg. a pad, a diaper, etc.). here are some commonly used stocks:

  • flowers (specify on what kind) - roses (red, pink, white, black)
  • clocks - old, new, stopwatch, vintage, wall clocks, alarm clocks
  • flower petals - roses (pink, red, white)
  • polaroids
  • forest (yes, settings count as stocks too)
  • animals (yup, even animals) - birds flying
     

+ quotes
like what has been stated in the form, avoid really long ones. One to two sentences is fine. and if it applies, add the name of the one who said it (this shop does not tolerate plagiarism!).

+ stating your cast
arrange them based on their level of importance, with the first one being the most IMPORTANT (meaning the main-est), and the last one being the least important one. also, add the idol's name together with his/her group because not all designers know them. and please, if it's not necessary, do not force yourself to reach the maximum number of characters. just place the main ones. it's annoying when people add more characters even if they don't serve a really important purpose in the actual storyline. btw, more characters tend to give a crowded POSTER and it looks ugly most of the time.

  • example:
    [right] oc-kim yoonmi (any ulzzang is fine), sehun of exo, jessica jung (former snsd member)
    [wrong] wang chaelin (who's that? who should i use?), jonghyun (umm, which?)


+ writing your summary
a number do not get this but please, please do not use the introduction on your foreword as your summary because like what it's called, it's an introduction and not a summary. include the most significant events in the story if you already have it and THE theme, conflicts, and individual characteristics of every character. for example:

  • [wrong] - you have always wanted a normal life but a freak came and ruined it. what now? (like huh, what type of person are you? is this a school based story? and i get that the guy's a freak but what's his background, family status, & traits?)
  • [wrong] - the story talks about a girl who wanted to have a normal life until a freak ruined it. (you just placed it in third person. it still Gives the same detail).
  • [wrong] - Love: that's all you wanted. Pain: that's all it ever was. (like wtf am i going to get from this?)
  • [right] - the story takes place in a school where a nerd named park minhee, who rarely smiles and is usually cold to others, meets oh sehun, a friendly yet arrogant jerk who captivates every student. sehun is rich and is the campus hottie, thus making him get all that he WANTS while MINHEE, on the other hand, is nothing other than ordinary. they will fall in love with each other in the end despite hating each other really badly at first after sehun gets forced to have minhee as his tutor. (here i know that i could use books as my stocks, a school/classroom as my setting, a nerd and cold-looking ulzzang, and sehun's photo looking rich & cocky seems to fit the story really well).


+ anything else section
this section may not look important but it is if you want to specify other things regarding your request. like for instance, saying that your thread/story is still in draft or is under invitation/friend's access only (because the links are getting checked and if it's not there then we might assume that it has been deleted).

+ double check
be sure that you're very, very certain of everything that YOU Have placed in your form before submitting it because we will not forgive you if we have to do redos due to your sudden change in mind. most of the time, we don't even accept redos if that kind of situation is given. it's your fault so deal with it.

  • examples:
    • adding and/or reducing characters - do you not know that it's hard to edit and change sizes over and over again? the photos lose quality and the overlaying textures may be greatly affected.
    • changing characters - if it's sehun and you finished with sehun, don't suddenly tell us that it's going to be luhan. seriously.
    • changing quotes and titles -some texts require a lot of modifications combined) and we have other requests to finish so it does take some of our time that should be allotted to them.
  • take note that once you have submitted your form, it is final. no changes apart from changes in usernames and titles (if it's not under process yet) are allowed.

 

+ We take words of encouragement! we're not always in the mood to edit Because we do have lives but we finish them for your sake anyway. who knows, it may result in better graphics too C: