Jongin's old friend

To You (태양 보다 더 예쁜 그대에게)

It was summer. Sweat trickled down your face to your clothes, leaving wet stains on it. You wiped the sweat on your forehead and more came out. You heavily sighed.

“You tired?”

You spun around to face Jongin, “Oh, not really.” He smiled at you, “But you look tired. Let me do the heavy work and you’ll do the lighter ones, okay?” he said and moved you aside, starting to do the heavy work as he had stated. You sighed, “Jongin, did you forget? Manager Jo gave me this work and yours is there, in the office…?” You sounded angry but actually you were just worried. Jongin could be scolded by Manager Jo, again if he was going to do your work until the end. Jongin didn’t give you any respond.

“Oi, Kim Jongin.”

He turned to look at you. “What?” he asked. “I’m tired.” You said. He then turned back to “his work”, “I’ll do all the work and you go rest, okay?” he nodded to the office where Jongin and you (separately) used to sleep in. “No Jongin, I’m tired and sick of you!” You stomped your foot on the ground and the building miraculously didn’t collapse to its feet. Jongin abruptly stopped whatever he was doing and turned to look at you again,

 “What?!” he spat out of his disbelief. “You should be doing your own work now, and I should do mine! Gosh. Jongin I know you’re nice. And that’s very nice to know! But I. I don’t want Manager Jo to scold you again! Please… Just let me do my work okay? I’m fine.” You burst out of frustration.

Jongin hung his head low, “I’m sorry…” You put your hands on each side of your waist, “Now go,” you nodded your head to the office. Jongin walked away from your work with a sigh and closed the (office’s) door with a strangely strong force. You shook your head at the door and continued to do your work.

Minutes after that, as you couldn't hear footsteps coming, Kyungsoo was on his way to his friend’s office after a long time not meeting him. 

He walked up on the stairs and paused on his track as he saw you washing stinky trays under a water pipe. Your eyebrows were almost stuck to each other and a pair of gloves was protecting your hands from getting wrinkly. You were wearing an over-sized apron from getting your clothes wet by the splashes of dirty water.

“Excuse me?”

You couldn’t hear Kyungsoo’s soft voice because of the sound of the water harshly touching the ground.

“Excuse me?!”

You looked up in rage, “Omo, I’m sorry! I couldn’t hear you. How can I help you?” you asked, standing right away as you saw him.

Kyungsoo was wearing a not-too-overly stylish outfit and a pair of shades stuck on the upper part of his face, protecting his maybe-so-pretty eyes from the sunshine.  He was carrying a kind of school-bag on one side of his shoulders, coolly standing there looking at you.

“I’m searching for Kim Jongin. You know the guy called Kai? He’s a friend.” He said as he removed his shades from his eyes. You slightly tilted your head as you felt that the guy in front of you seemed so familiar to you.

“0-oh, uh…. F-follow me,” you motioned. You took your gloves and your apron off, leaving you with a light cream t-shirt and a pair of shorts.

Kyungsoo looked at you from head to toe and shook his head at the spot. You realized what he was doing and looked at him with suspicious eyes. Kyungsoo shrugged to himself and put on his shades.

-

You knocked on the door. “Jongin, you have a… visitor?” Unsure, you looked at Kyungsoo. He was looking around so it was possible that he wasn’t concentrating on you. You rolled your eyes.

“Yes?” Jongin opened the door. You nodded your head to Kyungsoo. Jongin followed your nod and widened his eyes as he sighted his old friend. “Hyung!” he cried out of happiness.  Kyungsoo removed his shades for the second time,

“Jongin is that you…?” he asked with a wide grin plastered on his face. “Yes hyung, this is me!” Jongin ran to his old friend with his arms wide open. They hugged each other and then let go. They started to talk about their past as they were walking into the office. You were about to walk in when the door suddenly hit your face.

“YA KIM JONGIN!!!”

-

Author's Note

An overly dramatic start? xD lolness. Don't forget to:

  • Read
  • Subscribe
  • Comment

Hehe, 수고~~ ^^