Chapter 1: Beautiful Stranger in a Not So Beautiful Accident

Because You Came, I Know You’d Stay

 

Tao’s POV

I am Huang Zi Tao.  I go by the name Tao.  I am a great eater and I adore all types of junk food.  I have a thing for Gucci and I love to rap and do Wushu.  I am always walking around the streets of Qing Dao, China with my Wushu stick and sword after each day’s practice.  Basically, I hang out a lot.  Maybe a little too much compared to other people my age in my hometown.  That’s my life and I am proud of it because I am that popular chap here every girl has a crush on.  That day as usual, I was playing with the Wushu stick in my hand while I strolled down my usual path towards the tidbits store after practice.  I was always careful to avoid the passerby but somehow, I was too carried away that evening and by the time I realized, it was too late.  The back of the Wushu stick I was spinning hit something hard.  I heard a groaning noise and turned back to see a giant collapsing sideways.   I dropped my Wushu stick and stretched out my arm on reflex, hoping to pull him back but got pulled down instead.  At that instant, our eyes met for the first time.  Man was he gorgeous.  I guess, a little too gorgeous that I was captivated at that very moment.  Our fall led to an accidental kiss.  It was not the romantic type you would see in the movies since both of us are grown up men.  It was so awkward that I was too stunned to get my nerves to react accordingly.  It was the car honking beside us that got my feet moving.  I looked at the beautiful stranger struggling in front of me to get up.  I extended my hand to help but received a “Forget it.” instead.  He got up on his own, dusted his clothes and shot me a cold look.  I wanted to apologise but before I could squeeze a word out of my throat, he walked off.  He was rubbing his right arm while he was walking away.  I must have hit him real hard.  I felt bad but I did not go after him.

 

 

Kris’ POV

 

I was looking at the map on my mobile phone hoping to navigate alone successfully in Qing Dao.  It was my first time vacationing in this part of China and to be honest, I was lost staring at the complicated street signs.  Just when I figured out I was walking in the right direction towards the fast food restaurant, something whacked me hard on my right arm and I went off balance a little and tripped on the small curb on the walkway.  I collapsed sideways and this panda looking male came falling towards me while holding onto my arm.  I thought he looked kind of unique and maybe that tad bit cute until his lips landed right on mine.  He looked surprised but did not move until the next second when the car honked at us to get out of its way.  I wanted to get up too but used the wrong arm to lift me up.  My right arm was hurting from that blow not too long ago.  He extended his hand to help but I rejected him with a “Forget it.” Upon seeing him holding that stick.  That must be it.  So he was the one who whacked me down.  Why bother to even help me up?  I got up and dusted my clothes before walking off to get my dinner at the fast food restaurant.

 

 

Tao’s POV

“One Set A.  An extra pack of fries and give me 1 chocolate sunday.  Thank you.”

“Here’s your order sir.  Thank you and have a great meal.”

I took my tray of food, lugged my bag of tidbits, sword and Wushu stick with me to my usual corner sit.  Most people would have struggled with these many things in their hands but this was a normal thing for me.  It was so normal; it was almost a routine.  So I was coping well until I saw a familiar figure sitting opposite at the farthest end.  I dropped my Wushu stick for the second time.  He looked up.  In fact, everyone in the fast food restaurant looked up from their food.  I wish I could just hide under the table or vanish into the air at that very moment.  That familiar figure got up from his seat and came forward.  I wanted to get away but again, my feet just refused to budge.  I could hear my heart palpitating as he got closer.  That beautiful cold face appeared and picked up my Wushu stick.  “Watch your stick, mister.”  He said that with a somewhat sarcastic tone before giving me back my Wushu stick.  I grabbed it from him quickly and he gave me a smirk and an unreadable expression.  I think I am an intimidating looking male with my height and dark eye circles but this beautiful stranger that towers over me was even more intimidating with his appearance and attitude.  “Sorry… About just now, I didn’t know you were…”  Before I could finish, he was already walking back to his seat.  Throughout my meal, I just sat there taking huge bites and munching quickly, not daring to look up.  By the time I finally got up to clear my tray, he was gone.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys,  this is my first fanfiction and I just wanna give it shot despite English not being my mothertongue.  I hope my writing is still understandable.  Please bear with me if you spot any wrong sentence structure or grammatical error.  I'll try my best to do better as I move along.  I have an ending in mind but what's coming in between is still a mystery. :)  Hope you'll like this Taoris fanfiction.  Stay tuned if you're a Taoris shipper! Holla~ <3