The Drama

The Drama

Cheongdam-dong, A Night in September 2013

8:12 pm

 

A woman with a grey dress was standing in front of the door. Once in a while, she bit her lower lip, hesitate whether she just enters inside or not. Actually, she already knew the password; she could enter the house freely. However, something prevented her. Her hesitation and fear to meet someone she loves inside. She didn’t make a mistake but, she definitely made him disappointed. Once again, she moved her right hand, taking a deep breath and trying to enter the password. Suddenly, someone touched her shoulder, making her shocked. “Yoona Unnie!”, she said in shocking tone while patted her chest softly.

A woman with waving hair smiled at her, her left hand is full of paper bag, “Hyunnie, why are you standing here? I thought you already knew the password”

“I know, unnie, but, I doubt to enter”, she bit her lower lip again, made Yoona confused. Yoona then moved her hand to put on the password but Seohyun avoided her.

“Wae?”, Yoona made a confused look. Instead of answering her question, Seohyun asked a stupid question, “Unnie, why are you here?”. It made Yoona widened her eyes with half-opened mouth, “Dating, of course! I also have a boyfriend here”, she said in teasing tone, showing off what she bought for her date, a lot of DVDs, pepero, and potato chips. Seohyun just nodded her head. Yoona knew that Seohyun still hesitated to come. She entered the password and “CLICK!”, the door’s opened. She then slowly held her hand and guided her to go inside.

A guy with white skin and muscular arms peeped behind the wall. He then smiled looking at who’s coming. “You came?”, He said while drying his hair with a towel. Yoona smiled widely, almost jumped into him. “Oh! Hyungsoonim”, he’s surprised when he looked someone behind Yoona.

“Annyonghasseyo, Jonghyun oppa”, she waved her hand shyly.

“Yonghwa hyung is in the room”, He motioned Seohyun to Yonghwa’s room while instructing Yoona to wait for him in the living room. He knocked the door and opened it when someone ordered him to enter. Yonghwa just sat in front of his computer. “Oh Jonghie, wae?”, he turned his head to look at Jonghyun. Seohyun then appeared behind his back. He turned into sulky mood out of the blue. “Just enjoy your time”, Jonghyun said to break the ice between them. He then closed the door after Seohyun entered. Seohyun approached him carefully, “Oppa, what are you doing?”. Yonghwa just pretended busy with her computer, clicking his mouse harshly. “Just composing a new song”.

“Oh. Where are the others?”, she asked about Minhyuk and Jungshin.

“Minhyuk is going to LA, whereas Jungshin is in Singapore”, he replied quickly. Seohyun just nodded her head. They sunk in silence for a while. Seohyun was observing his move from his bed, “Oppa, we need to talk”, she said while moving on to his side, touching his shoulder. Yonghwa raised his head to look at her face, “Talk about what?”

“Talk about us”

“Us? We’re fine”, he said calmly, pretending to be calm actually.

“We are not fine, oppa”, she said it firmly.  She grabbed his hand and motioned him to sit on the bed. He just followed her. “We already talked about it, Oppa”, she held his hands, trying to coax him, “You knew that I will have a kissing scene”. He just nodded his head and stared at her. “Well, I admit it, I had several NG”, she said it carefully and slowly.

“Ah! SEO JOOHYUUUUN~”, he whined and suddenly collapsed and covering his face with a pillow. He didn’t want to hear it actually. Seohyun wanted to laugh because of his jealous action but when her boyfriend became sulky, he is so annoying. So, she just let him be like that. “Oppaaa”, she pulled his t-shirt playfully. He then lifted up his upper body all of a sudden, staring at her intensely. “How many NG?”, He looked at her eyes, anticipating the answer. Seohyun hesitated for a while and said it carefully, “Hmm… I don’t count the exact number, Oppa”

“How many?”, Yonghwa insisted.

“Around 8 or 9”, she grinned. Yonghwa collapsed again and screamed, “Seohyuuuun-ah~”

 

Meanwhile in the living room,

Jonghyun and Yoona already sat on the couch, watching the DVD that Yoona bought. Previously, they argued about what movie they wanted to watch. Jonghyun wanted to watch action movie while Yoona wanted to watch Romance movie. “We already watched ‘A Walk to Remember’”, Jonghyun whined, staring at her eyes. Yoona’s just preparing the snack on the table, “But we also had watched ‘G.I. Joe’”, she protested. Jonghyun pouted his lips, making his girlfriend chuckled. She leaned her head to him, “How about ‘Speed’?”, she winked her eye and smiled, “We can watch action and romance in one film”. Jonghyun then nodded and grimaced. He quickly circled his arm to her waist and pulled her closer. After ten minutes watching, they heard someone complaining out loud from Yonghwa’s room. Yoona moved her sight to the Yonghwa’s door.

“Wae?”, she asked her boyfriend with curious look. Jonghyun just shrugged, “Maybe, because of the drama”, he then turned his head on TV again. However, Yoona’s still curious about what happened between them. “Whose drama?”

“Both. Hyung just become sulky when he remembers about the drama, especially her drama”, he explained while biting his pepero. “You want pepero kiss again?”, He while offering the pepero inside his mouth. Yoona giggled and slapped his chest softly. “They argue about the kissing scene?”, she asked him clearly. Jonghyun just nodded his head; actually, he’s not interested with their problem.

“It’s just a peck and it’s her debut”, she started to complain, “Besides, she does it as a professional. It’s a romance drama. Kissing scene is a part of that”.

“I know, but Yonghwa hyung thinks that Seohyun is too pure to do that. Besides, who wants to see his girlfriend kisses another guy?”, he said firmly, “Can you just watch the movie?”. Yoona was silent for a while hearing his statement. Jonghyun knew she’s thinking about something, “Wae?”

“Hmm… my management offered me a new drama as a lead actress. Well, I haven’t agreed yet”, she said hesitantly.

“Great”, he responded coolly, circling her waist tighter, “with whom?”

She stares at his face deeply, “Lee Bumsso sunbaenim”. She’s waiting for his reaction. “Keunyang hae (Just do it)”, he pinched her nose, making her pout . “Is it a romantic comedy or romance drama?”, he asked her.

“I don’t know. It probably romance. Wae?”, she looked at his face, exploring the reason through his face. Jonghyun, who’s being stared by her, turns his head to face her. He suddenly kissed her nose, making Yoona a bit surprised. “What if I have a kiss scene?”, she asked. “Do it. You are an actress”, he said calmly. But Yoona actually wanted him to show his jealousy, she then pouted again, disappointed with his respond. “But, I have to kiss you before and after the kissing scene”, he added. Yoona abruptly widened her eyes, insisting a reason, “Wae?”

“I want to erase his track on your lips”, he smirked and pecked her lips. Yoona suddenly laughed, she thought that her boyfriend is as childish as Yonghwa. “How childish!”, she smiled widely while pulling his t-shirt playfully. Jonghyun also laughed. He realized that his reason was actually cheesy.

They enjoyed the movie when suddenly Yonghwa opened the door a bit harsh and out. Seohyun’s following behind. He took a glass of water and drank it. Because the distance of living room and dining room is not far, Jonghyun and Yoona could see what happened to them.

“Oppa”, Seohyun touched his shirt and gripped it tightly. All of them knew that Yonghwa’s not in the good mood. Yoona held her breath, looking at them while Jonghyun was enjoying the movie. “Oppa~”, she whined. Yonghwa felt annoyed and stopped walking, looking at her face. They actually stopped beside the TV. It meant Yoona and Jonghyun could see “the drama” between them. They couldn’t concentrate because of that couple. “I told you we should find another place tonight”, Jonghyun whispered. Yoona ignored him but still her hand held his arm tighter. Seohyun then grabbed Yonghwa’s polo shirt, pulled him closer, tiptoed and kissed him. Yoona and Jonghyun moved their attention to them, opened their eyes widely. They kissed in front of them.

“YAH! Oppa! Hyunnie! Why you have to kiss in front of us!”, Yoona yelled at them. They broke the kiss. Yonghwa just smirked while embracing her, Seohyun giggled shyly.

“YAH! Why are you yelling?”, Jonghyun protested, “You wanna do that too? Hae!”, he while leaning his face closer.

 Seohyun and Yonghwa just laughed looking at them; they then waved their hands and entered Yonghwa’s room again. They’re fine, just like that, as if nothing happened. Yoona glared at Jonghyun. “Just like that? They kissed eah other and the problem is solved?”, She said, couldn’t believe what she’d seen. Jonghyun cupped her face, looking at them deeply. It’s actually effective to make her shut . “Im Yoona, let them be”, he said softly. Yoona pouted , as if she just nagged by her father or her sister. “They know how to solve the problem by their own and so do we”, he then kissed her forehead, nose, and her lips, and then released her face. She smiled brightly and just enjoyed watching the movie. Actually, they’ve lost some parts of the movie but they just went on. Yoona leaned her head on his chest while eating her pepero. Jonghyun just her hair and made his eyes back to the TV.

“Does it really work?”, He asked nonchalantly.

“What?”, she asked innocently. She then ate the potato chips while raising her head to look at his face.

Jonghyun gazed her and hugged her tighter, “kissing you with the potato chips?”

“BWOYAAA!!!”, she whimpered and slapped his chest a bit hard. She’s blushed actually. Jonghyun laughed and then leaned his head on hers. Just enjoying the night, just like the other couple in the house.

 

 

Well, i'm kinda frustrated with the story of misunderstanding because i still have to write a few sad chapters more. So this is my escapism. :)