Her Understanding

A Jung Hana Series - Her Understanding

Jung Yonghwa sat still, eyes still intact onto hers. She was not giving up. Her stares were intent and she knew he was not going to give in to her wants. This battle was going to be a hard one.

Yonghwa was all done for. His shirt had patches of water and some traces of dried cereal. He was losing to her. But he was not going to admit defeat. For the past hour he had been holding on. He wanted her to understand that he's the man of the house, so she should be the one listening to him and not the other way round.

Yonghwa then tried another stunt. He decided to give her his most dazzling smile which he knew would worked on any other females. That famous smile which would cause women falling to his feet. But unfortunately, she was not taking any of it. She was indeed smart for her age. She pouted her tongue at him before tilting her head to one side and gave him another of her toothless grin. That did it. He lost. Big time.

"Jung Hana!" Yonghwa exclaimed, burrying his face into his hands.

"Andwae! Andwae! Andwae!" Jung Hana, Yonghwa's nine month old daughter squealed happily. She had managed to force the spoon out of Yonghwa's grasp. The scoop of porridge from the spoon had landed onto his shirt once again.

"Aigoo!" Yonghwa sighed for the umpteenth time. "Why are you doing this to appa?"

"AIGOO! AIGOO!" Hana squealed again before crawling away from her father who was now trying to clear the mess of porridge she had created on the Nursery room floor.

"Darling, you'd better stay where I can see you." Yonghwa turned to his daughter who was now seated in front of her large box of toys. Hana looked at him with curious eyes before grinning again.

"Andwae! Andwae!" She replied her current favourite word to her father, still full of her toothless grin.

"You're lucky that I love you." Yonghwa mumbled as he continued to wipe the floor.

*******

"Hana, look at this!" Yonghwa placed a yellow rubber duck into the pink bathing basin.

"AIGOO!" Hana sqeualed, her eyes wide, all the while clapping her hands excitedly.

Yonghwa laughed as he watched his daughter's excitement. Her happiness was enough to make him feel good the whole day.

Bathing time was always the best routine time for Hana. She loved getting wet. She just indeed loved playing with water. It was always her omma who would entertain her in the toilet, playing with bubbles and some floaty stuff. But today was even special. Her appa was the one who was bathing her, playing with her. And she was enjoying his company very much!

"So you're learning how to say 'Aigoo' now?" Yonghwa asked his daughter in disbelief. "Why not try saying 'Appa' for a change? It's always 'Andwae' and 'Omma', always 'Andwae' and 'Omma', and now 'Aigoo'. Try saying 'Appa', 'Appa', 'AP-PAAAA."

Hana tilted her head frowning at Yonghwa. Then she grinned. "Andwae? ANDWAE!"

"This is unbeievable." Yonghwa shook his head in defeat. "Come, let's get you dry. Omma's coming home soon!" Yonghwa cooed at his daughter, lifting her up from the basin and wrapped her in a pink towel.

Yonghwa took hasty steps out of the bathroom towards his and Seohyun's bed. The moment he placed Hana on the Queen sized bed, the little girl started squealing loudly and crawled away from him. Her wet body was now creating large wet patches on the covers of the bed.

"Hana!" Yonghwa cried, climbing onto the bed himself and grabbed Hana by her feet and dragged her towards him. Hana screamed in delight, thinking that her appa was playing some kind of game with her.

"AIGOO! AIGOO! AIGOO!" Hana chanted, clapping her hands.

"Hana no!" Yonghwa held his daughter in front of him with a stern expression. His voice was deep with a slight growl enveloping it.

Hana stared at Yonghwa with her big brown eyes, without blinking. Then it started. Hana's lips twitched before wailing out loud. Her screams were defeaning that it made Yonghwa cringed a little.

"Ahrasso, ahrasso." Yonghwa cradled Hana closer to him, bouncing his hands a little to pacify her. "Mianhe. Appa loves you. Please don't cry."

Just then, Yonghwa felt his shirt getting warm and kind of wet. He held the still crying Hana away from him and noticed that she had urinated on him and it was dripping onto his bedroom carpet. Yonghwa sighed as he shook his head before carrying Hana back into the toilet to wash him and her up.

He learnt something that day; he should have put Hana's diaper on first.

******

Hana smiled wide the moment she saw her omma walked in through the front door. Immediately she held up her hands towards her omma who understood her needs most of the time. Seohyun cradled her daughter close to her before kissing the top of her head.

"How was your day sweetheart?" Seohyun cooed at her daughter who was now burrying her face into her omma's chest. "You're tired aren't you? I hope you did not give appa a hard time."

"Well, she did." Yonghwa said as he came out of the kitchen wearing an apron.

"Aigoo! What happen here? I saw our bedroom carpet hung out front." Seohyun asked, as she took in Yonghwa's appearance.

"I had to do the cleaning after the mess our dear daughter created." Yonghwa folded his arms. "And our carpet is soiled with urine. I had to wash it and hung it dry."

"Ommo!" Seohyun chuckled before looking at Hana who was staring at her with the most innocent eyes. "You were naughty weren't you?" Seohyun asked her daughter. Hana grinned and squealed happily.

"See, she just admits it." Yonghwa pointed out as he moved closer towards his wife and daughter.

"Well, yeah she did. And she said sorry." Seohyun translated, trying her best not to smile.

"Yeah right!" Yonghwa chuckled, pulling Seohyun close to him, planting a kiss on her temple.

"Andwae! Andwaaaaaaeee!" Hana screamed excitedly.

"She's been saying that a lot lately you know." Yonghwa informed Seohyun who nodded.

"I know." Seohyun answered. "I've been teaching her to call 'Appa'. But she just refused to say it."

"And she also started to say 'Aigoo' a lot!"

"It's her new favourite word yeobo. She loves saying it very much." Seohyun grinned.

"Omma." Hana said, holding onto Seohyun's cheeks. She wanted to catch her omma's attention.

"At least she's able to call you 'Omma'." Yonghwa sighed. "I can't wait for her to call me 'Appa'."

"Don't worry yeobo, she'll be able to call you 'Appa' soon enough. Right sweetheart?" Seohyun said as she pressed kisses on Hana's face.

"It doesn't matter if she calls me 'Appa' or not." Yonghwa smiled. "As long as she is always in front of us."

Seohyun smiled in return. "You did well today yeobo. Thank you for taking care of Hana so I can go for the press conference for my new book."

"It's my job too. You don't need to say thank you." Yonghwa squeezed Seohyun's shoulders before placing tiny kisses on her cheek.

"APPA! APPA!" Hana squealed out loud. "APPPPPPAAAAAA!"

Yonghwa and Seohyun immediately had their eyes fixed onto their daughter. "Did she just say what I think she just said?" Yonghwa asked in disbelief.

"Well appa, I think just did!" Seohyun exclaimed as she hugged Hana tightly.

"Assa! She finally said 'Appa!" Yonghwa cheered. "I need to brag it to Jungshin, Minhyuk and Jonghyun about this!"

"Darling, say it again, 'Appa'...." Seohyun cooed, nodding her head at Hana who was frowing.

"Say Appa, Appa...." Yonghwa took Hana from Seohyun and embraced his daughter lovingly.

After a few minutes of trying to make Hana speak again, they finally gave up. Their little girl was just staring at the both of them without saying anything. Her lips were pursed firmly together.

"Aigoo! I think she's not ready yet." Yonghwa sighed.

"Maybe." Seohyun nodded in agreement. "It's okay appa. Fighting!"

Yonghwa let Hana down onto the floor to allow her to move around freely by herself around the house. Hana crawled away but turned around again to look at her parents who were standing in each other's embrace, their eyes still lingered on her. Hana grinned her toothy smile again.

"APPA! OMMA!" Hana squealed finally causing both Yonghwa and Seohyun to jump up in surprised before running towards her. Her appa was hugging her tightly, whereas her omma was praising her non-stop. Hana grinned in understanding...

'So that's how I make them love me... Just by saying, Appa and Omma. It's easy!' Hana thought excitedly, enjoying her parents' attention. 
 

 

 

 

I hope this story made you smile...

Dedicated to all goguma lovers all around the world!

XD