The wolf boy

The Wolf Boy

It had not been long since you had decided to be a test subject for the SCP foundation.  You were forced to go because the government promised to pay big bucks for your family if you did this kind of thing, and your family had kind of sold you out. Also not to mention they had said it would clear your juvenile records from high school.  However you had survived the first two ambiguous assignments and this was to be your last before the government handed you your 20K check. Each subject was required to associate with 3 SCP objects. Many usually did not pass the first two rounds.

 

“You are to interact with SCP 420 and will be monitored at all times” a man in a mask and lab coat stated.

 

“Your third assignment will remain unknown to you to prevent the subject resistance, information will be provided once inside the containment chamber” he continued in a matter-of-factly tone. You gulped. Great so i could even have been put in a room full of cute but deadly poisonous fuzz balls that can try to kill me upon the physical touch. This was great.

 

You walked into the cold room filled with torn apart couches and shattered pieces of wood and stuffing. You couldn't really make anything out in the distance. However upon taking a closer look in the corner behind the sofa, you could see a quivering figure. You made a mental note to yourself to remember that this was a highly dangerous subject that could attack you anytime so no matter what it was, you had to keep your wits above you.

You approached the figure and could make our strands of brownish blond hair.

 

It must be some type of new exotic animal they found.

You started humming softly to let the substance know of your presence in the room and not get too startled as you approached it.

You were completely unprepared for what you saw next.

It was a human.

A boy more your age.

He had dark brown hair, a muscular build and was wearing nothing but tattered jeans. You approached the side of the couch from where you could see a full profile of the boy.

He must not be human. It might be an illusionary substance...whatever this is might be playing with my head to take something away from me.

 

You stopped humming.

The boy suddenly realized you were several feet away from him and immediately crouched on all fours. Not in a threatening way but more in a cautionary way. You too took a cautiously step forward and he a step back. His eyes were wide and his skin pale. It was something you had never seen before. His behavior however, was familiar. It was one of a child that had grown up in an environment full of animals. Kind of like the jungle book, Tarzan, and some of those sick child abuse cases where the kids had been raised in dog panels and had learned how to behave and act like dogs.

 

He seemed innocent...

You smiled at the figure but he didn't seem to lie down.

 

The speaker over the mike boomed in the room causing the boy to cower to the corner of the room.  You wondered why he was so scared but then upon one more look at his body you saw scars and bruises that must have led him to reach this facility. You didn’t know what but it simply rang a bell in you that this boy was like you in many ways. A normal human.

 

“SCP 420 is known as wolf boy he is known to transform into a werewolf on full moon nights and displays superhuman strength and power when threatened.

I froze at the information. I had to be extra careful not to let this boy feel threatened or i might end up like the furniture.

 

You are test subject 0045. The previous attempts in this mission have been fatal. Two test subjects have been injured so far in trying to associate with SCP-420. TWO?!!

 

Well....look on the bright side....at least it’s not something completely out of the planet or filled with black magic like the blue lady cigarettes or the toy...

 

You took a deep breath and began to hum again, remembering the calm face he had upon hearing it. He remained huddled and shaking in the corner as you continued humming and approaching him.

 

He looked up a little and you panicked. What if I’m too close? You stopped advancing and held eye contact with him for what seemed like an eternity. It wasn't eye contact full of fright or hateful glares but more of curiosity, of understanding. At the moment all you could think of was how similar he seemed to a scared dog. You hesitated to move toward him but then a brilliant idea came to your head. You plopped your to the ground, brought your knees up to your chin and folded your arms around them, imitating him. He tilted his head to the right in curiousness.

 

At the moment you wanted to squeal at how cute he looked like a little puppy. His pouty small red lips and huge blinking eyes complete with a buttoned nose were irresistible. He might have had another power: to kill with cute looks. You had to keep reminding yourself not to tackle him with a hug in fear of frightening him to the point he killed you. That would look good in an obituary: died because she couldn't control thinking how cute a little wolf boy was.

 

Moments passed again before something miraculous happened.

 

HE walked on all fours toward YOU! Your grip on your knees tightened afraid that he was going to attack you; you froze in fear and closed your eyes ready to feel fangs or claws or feel the hard wall or furniture on your ba-

 

Your thoughts were intervened when you felt something soft, something fluffy nudging you on your arms. It made its way up tickling your neck. You lifted your head up from your arms only to see the boys huge eyes looking straight into yours filled with worry and concern. You couldn't break the gaze, and he once again softly continued to nudge your face with his nose and made a whimpering noise.

 

Your heartbeat went wild.

He once again nudged you back on your arms insisting that you open them again and you abided still in shock.

 

He then did something that he should have never done. He nudged you on your neck, playfully and purred.

 

Willingly you gave up and rested your head on his shoulders. In understanding, he didn't move but continued to nudge the back of your head and kiss it. You felt like crying, you didn't remember the last time you had felt this loved.

 

He’s just a wolf boy...get back to your senses

 

“Test subject 0045 is to remain with SCP 420 for 7 days in order to be free of all SCP volunteer requirements” the mike once again boomed.

The boy once again tensed up behind you and this time you couldn't resist but hug him. He threw his hands around your neck, placed his head on your shoulder and was gasping and shaking wildly in panic.

 

This gesture once again shocked you but you avoided all the questions and simply patted his head while rocking back and forth to comfort him and it somewhat worked. What you couldn't help notice was this very calming and soothing feeling you had never had before.

 

So i have to stay with him for a week huh....well at least i can teach him things and stop him from getting more of those beatings...but then again.. Why do i never feel this way when i hugged my cat back at home?

 

You sighed

I’m going crazy...

 

While you were in the cell, the food was delivered daily at a certain time sharp. There was clock to know how much time had been spent in the cell only announcements would be made once in a while for hygenic breaks whcih would allow you to leave the chamber.

 

It didn't seem too bad though. By the second day, the boy had gotten used to your presence very well..

i guess he technically got used to me from the moment we hugged.

 

Time began to pass and after a few tries you had taught him how to give a high five, slowly walk on his two feet using your body as a support, and how to say hello using his vocal chords.

 

However his silly mistakes were adorable and you couldn’t help but laugh. He would stare in awe and wonder as you giggled on the floor. You then realized that he didn’t know how to laugh.

 

"A person laughs or smiles when they are happy" you explained. "So of you ever want to make someone happy make them smile".

 

But the boy simply cocked his head in confusion. You then demonstrated by tickling him on the sides and he collapsed and started kicking the air with his feet and hands. You laughed along until you finally collapsed next to him filled with exhaustion.

 

Like that he kept learning new words and you would sometimes sit there and vent to him because he would simply sit there read your expressions without any complaints or words and sometimes he would occasionally give you a nudge or lean his head into yours to try to sympathize and make you feel better. However one time out of all the others when you were recalling your first heart break you ended up in tears. He sat there in confusion and worry the first couple minutes but then he began to do something which at first annoyed you. He grabbed you and started tickling your sides. You shrieked and spazzed but he wouldn't let you go and continued. After a while of playing with each other you realized his intention. He had tickled you to get you to stop crying. To make you happy again. He sat there with a stupid grin on his face giggling like no tomorrow. You simply wanted to put him in your pocket.

 

You then decided to teach him how to hug (more to your guilty pleasure than his). You spoke in a soft, kind tone and demonstrated once to show him. You wrapped your arms around his neck and held him tightly. You were about to let go when he once again surprised you by placing his rough hands on your back and holding you. At that moment you felt like melting. He then tightened his hug and it was a moment of pure bliss. You let go of him but he held on crushing you to the moment where it became hard for you to breathe. You slapped him arm playfully to indicate that he was using his strength. He sensed something was wrong and immediately let you go. He gave a small smile accompanied by his big round eyes.

"Thats how you hug someone... you do it when you really care about them or want to make them feel better"

Or you really love them

You sighed as the voice appeared once again to indicate that you could leave the room to clean up hygienically. This announcement was how you kept track of time but it somewhere along the way you had lost track of time. By now the wolf boy was no longer scared of the announcements. However one thing that confused you was that his scars had not healed as they should have.

You left to take a shower and to brush your teeth. You entered the special hallway for that one room and finished earlier than you had ever had. When you were walking back you peered through the glass part of the door only to be horrified at the sight. Wolf boy was being pulled by both hands and yanked by the legs. There were constant yells and his screams of agony and pain filled my ears.

 

He was struggling to say hello on his feet while the scientists were the ones acting like stupid beats overreacting at his every move and screaming and runngin away.

 

You panicked your heart ached to see him in such a state. You began to scream and cry and banged on the door repeatedly to let you in. The last thing you saw before they finally opened the door was him getting injected with what seemed like a tranquilizer. He immediately lost all strength to fight and lay there slowly going into consciousness. You wrapped your arms around his head protectively and screamed at the others to go away.

 

No wonder he was so scared every day at the voice. It became a trigger for this treatment for him. Anyone would be terrified if they had to go through the same.

 

He took one more look at you with relaxed calm eyes which tore your heart to pieces and you could have sworn he said "love" before slipping into unconsciousness.

He must have picked that up from my rants about my ex.

Does this mean he loves me and that he's been okay because I actually mean something more to him?

The next moments you spent crying your heart out onto his shoulder. You never knew when you fell asleep but you did. However when you woke up you were no longer holding the wolf boy in your arms. Panicked you looked around. You were no longer in the room. You were outside on the sofas in the official halls of the discussion rooms. You were about to open the door when you heard them talking

"420 had to be tranquilized this morning sir. I believe test subject 0043 might be getting too close to him on a personal level. Plus her time is already over. She has shown how much of a threat he can be"

 

Wait what? why do they think hes still dangerous theyve seen everything!?!

 

"Oh really in what way?. Are you sure this record is not tainted with bias? Remember, just because the SCP-420 ended up injuring your brother gravely does not mean that any tainting of the data is acceptable" a different voice said.

That bastrad probably overeacted as well...or scared him...

"Well you see sir he has displayed violent behaviors toward the test subject. Everything from trying to bite her face and sniffing her to see if she was alive to walking on top of her and attacking her to nearly crushing her ribcage sir" the other man replied.

 

This is some wrapped up bull.

 

He was only learning how to walk and hugging and nudging me to check if I was alright.

 

I burst the doors open. And told them the truth.

"Sir I think the SCP might also have the ability to control minds or hypnotize them or something. Just look at the test subject!”: one of the scientists whispered a bit too loudly.

“I AM NOT HYPNOTIZED!” you cried.

“Please put me back in there with him. he’s probably scared and alone. by the way he was only trying to show you what i had taught him: how to say hello and stand up on his feet.” you said with certainty but now tears were streaming down your face.

“We will consider this the next time subject 0045. However your term with your last SCP subject has ended congratulations you’re free now".

I had no idea it would be that sudden. You asked to say goodbye. No you begged. But they wouldn't allow it. You silently slipped your access pass back into your pocket while the scientists started to discuss the wolf boy again. They were the ones who had put him in such a state. You left the building and came back after hours in disguise. You knew every angle the security couldn't get to and you too full advantage of that to sneak in and get to the wolf boy.

You disguise covered your facial features and gave false clues to who it actually might have been. You had also booked a room at a hotel quite far from here to cover up your tracks. You HAD to get him out of there.

You walked into the room only to have your heart quench at the sight of him. He was laying on the sofa this time, surprisingly like a human but he had open wounds that stained the sofa with trickles of blood.

The room itself was freezing cold and he had on nothing but tattered shorts.

You quickly rushed to his side startling him awake and causing him to start snarling at you. .

You quickly let him sniff you to let him know and he immediately understood the situation. You opened the door for him as he ran out on all fours but waited for your guidance patiently in the hallway.

 

You grabbed his hand and half yanked him away from the rotating security camera’s view. Quickly and quietly you both made your way to the car where he jumped into the front seat on all fours and you began to speed on the highway.

 

-Several minutes later-

you looked at the time on your dashboard and realized that the SCP must have figured out by now that an object was missing and would have started security protocol.

 

You started to talk to the boy but he simply kept staring out of the window. Not to mention it wasn't long before you heard sirens behind you. Since by now, you had reached the city, you made a sharp but unnoticable turn into a small dead end praying the cops weren't chasing you. To your luck, the cop car whizzed past the alley and you sighed in relief.

However something was wrong.

 

The boy kept covering his ears and shaking...At first you thought it must have been the loud sirens and his sensitive hearing but then you saw trickles of blood that escaped from his ands. He began to vibrate violantly. 

 

oh no

You ran out of the car and he opened his own door right before his size began to double. Hair began to grow in massive patches on his back and chest and his fingernails began to scratch the ground. He began to howl in pain. In a few moments the transformation was complete. You looked up at the sky :a full moon.

 

Terrorstruck, you stood in awe at the magnificent transformation the boy had just made. The wolf now stood up on all fours and took a step away from you.

You had heard that wolves experience things differently when in human form and wolf form. This was back to the lab again. A new introduction.

 

The giant wolf looked you straight in the eye and was about to lash out when you suddenly remembered the song you were humming, maybe that would have calmed him down a bit more.

You immediately began to hum the song and the beast suddenly stopped his paw which was raised in mid air and lowered it with hesiattion. You kept humming the song until he fell asleep. Good thing this was an empty abandoned alley or you would have been screwed at this point.

 

You noticed as he began to sleep that his claws retracted, and his hair disappeared. He transformed into the regular wolf boy you knew again. But even now that you had truly seen his full form, your decision about taking him away from the SCP had'nt change one bit.

 

Ill take him in...we can get new identities and live elsewhere somewhere that no one can find us.

You had grown tired of most of the people you knew anyways and you had a friend form juvie who was a professional at making fake Identity cards that couldn't even be detected with the government’s best technology.

 

-A few months later-

You sat down in your wooden cabin. the place was more than nice it was great, beautiful scenery, a nice warm fireplace and plenty of miles away from civilization. You had also found work online to pay for expences to keep the house running. The wolf boy followed behind you on two feet. He had now accomplished walking on both feet pretty regularly, and you had taught him how to bathe and take care of himself by making him watch the kids videos of how to shower/brush your teeth/read etc....

 

“i know a name i can make up for myself but i have no idea what you want to be called.” you said to him.

He, by now had surprisingly caught up on a lot of human vocabulary and could speak in short choppy words.

 

He pouted and said “don't know”.

 

You smiled. He might be a ferocious wolf boy but you could never tell by the way he looked now. he looked like a baby deer wrapped up in bundles with his cute little beanie and sweater on.

 

How about “Lu Han? It means little dear in chinese”

He smiled “Lu Han....good”

 

You quickly filled out the applications on your computer and sent them to your friend and deleted your sent items history. He had informed you that your work should be completed within a matter of hours and that you just had to wait a day or two to get the actual id cards and other info.

 

You yawned and made your way to the kitchen.

“Luhan what do you want for dinner?” you asked him. Getting no reply you asked again “Chicken? Steak?” hoping he would repeat some of the words to indicate what he would like.

You turned around to see him leaning on the counter with a tense look on his face.

 

“hey, what's wrong?” you asked softly, placing a hand on his forehead to feel his temperature and then caressing his cheek and looking into his eyes. He simply kept looking at you and his breath wavered.

 

“sweetie don't cry” you said but you were seriously getting worried about his reason for depression. Sure enough his eyes began to pool with slight tears and he leaned in so that your foreheads were touching....something he often did to find a sense of comfort. What he didn't know was that the simple touch drove you wild and your heartbeat felt more like a herd of bulls running through the yard.

 

You went to hug him to comfort him but he stopped your hands and looked you in the eye and said

“i love you s-so much”

 

You stood there in shock for three reasons. one, Luhan had just said a full sentence, ignoring the bit of stuttering, two, he had just told you he loves you, and three, the action that followed his confession.

 

He then gently grabbed your waist pulling you into him and placed his lips onto yours. He stood there softly caressing your lips with his as his grip on you became a bit tighter. Your shoulders raised in shock for a few moments before you realized what was going on. You placed your arms around his neck, and gently kissed him back. It was a moment of ecstasy. he gently began swaying you back and forth as you kissed. Time passed without notice and you finally let go.

 

You laughed “where did you learn how to do that?”

He scratched his head cutely and said “queen inhyun” referring to queen in hyun's man. It had one of your favorite kiss scenes, and he must have snuck into your room and caught you watching it for the umpteenth time. You squealed and laughed in joy.

 

You will be the death of me someday

 

A few days later both of you had your identities and were free to roam several miles into town without getting into too much trouble. You had gotten him a wallet and taught him to carry it around with him wherever he went, but it only contained his ID.

 

You went out to get groceries and came back to find that luhan wasn't in the kitchen ro the living room.

 

He’s probably outside running around somewhere or trying to hunt animals you scoffed remembering a buck that he had brought in one day that he had killed with his bare hands. And how you had scolded him not to keep kiling such beautiful wild animals because you already had quite a heavy stock of food enough to last you months.

 

Nevertheless the deer meat lasted us quite a while.

 

Your thoughts were interrupted by sounds of boots bursting through your front door.

“FREEZE!!” a voice commanded you to stop and you froze in place.

Excuse me ma’am but have you seen a boy that walks on all fours he may seem a bit strange.

 

You shook your head praying that they didn't recognize you from a year ago. You had changed everything from your hairstyle to the way you dressed in the amount of time you were living in the woods. You had even stopped poking your face with makeup. Maybe that's what threw them off about your identity, however they fruitlessly left after thoroughly searching the house.

 

You heaved a sigh of relief as they left, but then panicked realizing that this meant that Luhan was out in the woods. He was in danger!.

 

You quickly let out a goose call, a call that you had both agreed that would inform the other that there was trouble and that they should hide. You didn't realize this was your last contact with luhan.

 

-7 years later-

 

There was still no sign of luhan. You knew he had not gotten caught by the SCP again because they were constantly in check with you about luhan until the past two years where they had just given up by this point. You sighed and looked at your bus ticket. you had nearly lived together for almost a year, and his memories still haunted you in your cabin.

 

Every night at dinner time, you would ring the triangle bell which echoed among the valleys in hopes that he was somewhere nearby and would come home again. come to you. and maybe you could have dinner together, watch more dramas and cuddle again. you longed for his touch to hear his voice just one more time. you worried constantly every full moon if he was okay, and thought about how scared he must have been, how lonely he must have felt at the very moment.

 

For the past seven years he had filled your heart and mind and all you could think about was him.

 

You boarded the bus station to go get medicine and vitamin supplements that you now had to regularly take because of your loss of appetite and odd eating patterns.

 

You no longer were as sharp and as alert as you used to be, and climbed up onto the bus without paying attention. While standing, someone behind you accidentally pushed you causing you to drop all your groceries on the bus. Out rolled the steak and memories of your first kiss flooded. You grabbed the steak and held onto it crying. You didn't care about the dirty looks you received from the other people. The person who had bumped into you, meanwhile, packed all your stuff back up in your bag and bowed an apology, handing it to you. He lifted his head and your heart stopped.  The man looked at you with awe and then grinned the stupid, idiotic grin you could have caught anywhere....

luhan...

You screamed causing everyone on the busses attention to draw towards you.

 

He set aside the grocery bag and you willingly went into his outstretched arms. The man you had been waiting for all this time was finally here, In front of you. You demanded answers. A mix of emotions filled through your head as you stumbled upon words to say to him.

You then broke down in panic and happiness and anger

“w-where have you been for the past SEVEN YEARS!?!” you screamed crying. You hit him on the chest but you punches were weak because of your lack of energy and shock that was mixed. He held onto you again tighter this time.

 

“I was so scared” he whispered. His language had improved majorly and he sounded like a normal person. “ill tell you everything just please take me home” he said and lay his head on your shoulder.

 

You walked up the mountain and got home.

 

He walked in excitedly “This place has changed a lot” he said referring to the mounts of trash everywhere.

You simply shrugged it off and cleaned an area on the couch for him to sit on.

“im not cleaning up until you’re talking” you said firmly.

 

 

“im so sorry I didn’t know where this place was, I was too stupid then to remember. All I remember is that I heard you give out the goose call and the men coming near me, causing me to get out in the forest. I somehow made my way out into a city and ended up meeting some nice people. Long story short, I even went to college and got a degree in performing arts! The Entire time I couldn’t remember where these woods were or what they were called.

 

I even went to many psychologists and stuff when I was able to communicate a bit better. But they all proved futile until I remembered the deer that I had caught that one day and began to look for areas with deer and isolated spots, until I found this town. When in rode on the bus a sense of familiarity hit me then when I met you on the bus I felt like I was dreaming” he finally finished.

 

You had been playing with his wallet while bored and noticed a picture of him with a girl. She was gorgeous with long brown hair.

 

You didn’t know what to feel. But you felt like you had to verify it with him.

“Did you meet someone?” you asked cautiously. It had been seven years and not everyone is an idiot like me who wastes their life waiting for their first kiss.

“No! That was just the daughter of my caretaker….i didn’t even put that picture in there she must have placed it when I wasn’t looking”

 

“What so you’ve turned into a player now?” you said scoffing. You felt like crying and didn’t know where his words were anymore.

 

“Please don’t do this now” he said with a sad tone in his voice.

“YOU LEFT ME FOR SEEN YEARS WITHOUT A NOTE OR CONTACT, YOU WERE OUT THERE LIVING YOUR LIFE WHILE I WAS LIVING THROUGH HELL WAITING FOR YOU EVERY NGIHT AND CRYING BECAUSE I DIDN’T KNOW IF YOU WERE SAFE OR INJURED OR HURT I JU-“

 

Your words were interrupted abruptly by Luhan’s lips . You were crying heavily and by this point so was he. You felt his warm tears on your cheek and he then buried you head into his chest, holding you close. 

“I really wanted to learn how to talk to you so I got an education, so I could find you again. You saved my life, and loved me when others thought I was a freak. You’ve even seen me in my transformed state, and have stayed beside me regardless of how annoying or how needy I could have gotten. I would be a fool to purposely lose you” he said between gasps. You could feel his chest vibrating from his nervousness his confession.

 

A few hours passed and you had stopped crying. You lay on the couch in each other’s arms. He had grown taller then you and your head comfortably for under his chin. You looked at his adams apple and nuzzled it.You had long awaited his kiss, the way he smelled, you had missed everythign about him and he was now finally, here with you. 

 

“Sorry, I was just so overwhelmed by the fact that you were finally back I didn’t know and my emotions took the best of my logic” you whispered.

 

He looked down at you bundled in his arms and the situation had reversed. You were looking adorable like a helpless puppy.

 

He then smiled and kissed your forehead before hugging your tighter causing your head to lay beside his warm neck.

 

He said your name softly, and you smiled at the vibrations of his vocal chords it caused.

“hmm?”

“Please eat more, and smile, I’ll never leave you, I promise; I’ll be here to take care of you more.” He said.

 

The vibrations had a soporific effect on you and with drowsy eyes you nodded and chuckled. “You’ve learned how to get cheesier haven’t you?” you said as you slowly dropped into a peaceful, long needed sleep.