It's Me or The Chicken (One Shot)

It's Me or The Chicken (One Shot)

-Mio's POV-
"Onew, who's more important to you? Me or the chicken?" I asked him, seriously. I'm already fed up with him and his chicken obsessions.

"Baby, what are you talking about? You, of course," he nervously laughed. He looked up at me and found me not laughing at all. He stopped laughing and became sweaty and uncomfortable. He shifted in his seat a bit.

"Oh, really? Then can you live without me cooking or buying anything that had chicken in it, just for ONE whole day?" I asked him, exaggerating "one". "No," he immediately replied, unconsciously, covering his mouth, not able to believe that he actually said that.

"Are you serious? Why do you ALWAYS think about chicken? I mean, everytime I go shopping for food, you remind me to buy chicken. Everytime I'm at work, you call me up and ask me 'Should we have fried or grilled chicken?' Without even asking me how my day was going. Do you even think about me, when I'm not near you?" I stared at him, ready to burst.

"Baby, of course I think about you everyday. I'm always thinking about how you're going to cook tonight's chicken, or if you are going to buy chicken wings. See, I'm always thinking of you," he simply replied, satisfied with his answer. I slapped my forehead. He didn't get my question at all. He never understands what I'm trying to say!

"Onew, I meant, did you even stop thinking of chicken to think of me?" I asked, frustrated. He paused, thinking. I slapped my forehead again, "Are you serious? You never even once stopped thinking of chicken, while thinking of me? That is BULL, Onew, bull!" I yelled, crying, running out of the house.

After 3 frickin' years together, he has only thought of chicken. I can't believe I even stayed with him that long, not knowing if he ever thought of me more than chicken. This is UNBELIEVABLE!

I ran to my best friend's, Kisa, house. She only lives 3 blocks away from my house. After ringing the door bell, I waited. Then she opened the door and she saw how I was crying. She became worried and she pulled me gently into her house. She sat me down and I told her everything that just happened between me and Onew. "That ing bastard. Let me go and---" I stopped her from finishing her sentence. I shook my head, "Let him try to figure it out himself." I was about to cry, when my phone rang, it was Onew.

-Onew's POV-
As I saw her run out the door, I began to think again. Did she want me to tell her a lie, she wanted to hear? I mean, I'm a perfectly good, honest man. Not a frickin' chicken, who is afraid to tell his girlfriend the truth. Mmmm~ Chicken~ NO! No time for chicken thoughts. You are SUPPOSED to think about your girlfriend right now! Why did she run out of the room? Did I say something wrong?

I replayed our conversation from 15 minutes ago. Well, she didn't let me answer the part with "ever stop thinking of chicken to think of me" part. Did I ever stop thinking of chicken? Did I think about her without the chicken?

(A/N: ~* . . . *~ are his thoughts)

~* I saw Mio turning around from her oven and I looked down to see what she was holding in her hands. It was an oven roasted chicken *~

~* I slowly opened my eyes to see that Mio was sitting up on the end of the bed, wearing one of my T-shirts. I asked her, "Baby, what's wrong?" "I was just wondering, who will ever help me eat all these chicken wings?" she replied, pouting and looking cute as ever. I my lips, "I don't mind helping out." she smiled and fed me the chicken wings. *~

I had plenty more thoughts going on, but now I knew what she meant by "did you ever stop thinking of chicken, to think of me?" I feel like the world's biggest jerk. I'm the worst boyfriend that Mio probably ever had. I decided to call her.

-Mio's POV- 
I looked at the phone that was ringing. Should I answer it? I took a deep breath and Kisa rubbed my shoulders for support. I picked up my phone.

"Baby, please come home. I put a lot of thought about what you said earlier. And I'm very sorry. I must be the worst boyfriend you ever had. And I realize I should be thinking of only you. I'll do my best to only think of you," he said, apologetically. I looked of to Kisa, she mouthed, "Did he pick you?"

"So, you'll forget about the chicken?" I asked him. He was silent. "How could you not forget your stupid obsession with chicken? Isn't it that why you called me?" I asked, appalled.

"No, I only called to let you know I'll give you more room in my thoughts without chicken being included with you, but I'll still be thinking of chicken when I'm not thinking of you," he replied. I was really pissed off now.

"Then I'm not coming home! Until you can choose, don't you ever bother to call me again! It's either me, Jinki, or the chicken! GOODBYE!!!" I yelled, slaming my phone shut. Tears filled my eyes. I leaned on Kisa's shoulders and began crying again.

-Onew's POV-
I heard her slam the phone shut, I was speechless. Did I do something wrong, again? Now I'm even more confused then ever! I  to somehow focus. I guess I should call my bestfriend, Key, over here, to talk.

"Yobeoseyo?" Key answered. 

"Hey man, it's me, Onew. Do you think you can come over my house, right now?" I asked .

"What's wrong?" Key asked curiously. "I got in a fight with Mio and---"

"About time, I'm on my way," Key answered, hanging up. 5 seconds later, the door bell rang. I opened the door to see Key. I gave him a questioning look, "Don't worry, I was already on my way here, so I could bother you and Mio. So tell me the whole story."

-------

"And then she said, 'It's either me, Jinki, or the chicken!' and hung up. What do I do?" I finished explaining to him what happened between me and Mio. "Dude, that's serious. Well? Who's more important to you, right now? Mio or Chicken?" Key asked, getting straight to the point. " I can't answer that right now," I replied, miserably. "See man, that's your problem. You can't choose and Mio wants you to choose. How about, we give it some time for you to think who is REALLY important to you. Then you can tell her, OK?" Key smilled. I nodded, "Okay." Let's see how long it would take for me to choose between Mio or Chicken. I bet I already know my answer! It's....

-3 days Later-
*Sleeping Hours*
This was the third day without my Mio. I kept flipping and fidgeting. Key has been spending the night at my house, since I hated the thought that I was alone in this lonely house.  But why do I feel so lonely? I thought my bucket of fried chicken would comfort me. But it only comforted my stomach. I have no one to hug or kiss at night. Well looks like I'm not sleeping, again, tonight.

-Next Morning-
"Hey, Onew, I'm going to be gone again for the rest of the day. I'll come back at night," Key said, running out the door, without eating breakfast again. Key always thought that that eating alone with another man is so gay. But I'm his best friend for crying out loud! Shouldn't he think about how depressed I am?

I, once again, was eating my breakfast by myself. I wish my chicken could talk. I looked over to where Mio always sat at and I thought I saw Mio sitting right there. I rubbed my eyes, and she was still sitting there. "Oppa, did you sleep well last night?" she asked me, sweetly. "No, I didn't. Because you weren't there to sleep with me," I replied, looking down. Then I looked back up, she was angry, "It's either me, Jinki, or the chicken!" she yelled, banging on the table. I was so scared, I could've swear that I wet my pants. I looked at my chicken and looked at her agian. She was gone. Okay, weird. I dropped my chicken. Man, chicken has gone to my brain or something,

-4 days Later-
I had another sleepless night without Mio. It has been 7days, since my fight with Mio. I miss my lovely Mio. I miss her smiles, her laughs, her hugs, her cooking, her watching TV with me, even her blushing after kissing her. I missed her so much that I have hallucinations with her, everywhere I look. When I'm watching TV, eating my meals, sleeping at night, even washing my face. How many more hallucinations could I have of her?

While I was thinking about her, I realized something, I stopped thinking about chicken and stopped eating it too. I think I finally know my answer. How could I have been so stupid all along? I called her up, running out of the house.

 -Mio's POV-
It has been 7 days since my fight with Onew. I can't believe I even count the days without him. And during those days, I've been mopping around Kisa's house, ate all her buckets of ice cream, and even cried everytime I saw left over chicken in the fridge.I think I even made her get rid of all the chicken products, raw or cooked.

I miss my Onew holding me at night. I miss his laughs, his kisses, his hugs, his cute smiles, him making really cheesy jokes. I practically missed everything about him. I love you, Onew and I'm still waiting for your answer. I just wished he knew that too.

My phone rang, I looked at the screen, it was Onew. Kisa heard, so she ran into the room to where I was sitting. She was always there to support me. She rubbed my shoulders for support, I took a deep breath.

"Yobeoseyo?" I answered.

"Where are you right now? I need to talk to you," Onew asked, in a hurry.

"I'm at Kisa's house," I answered, not bother to ask questions. I knew why he needed to talk about.

"Okay, I'm on my way," he ended the call.

-10 minutes Later-
I waited by the door, nervous and anxious. Kisa kept me company as I waited. What would I do without her as my friend?  
*Ding Dong*
I stood up, straightening myself up, it was Onew. Kisa went over and answered the door. Onew came through the door, breathing hard. Kisa decided to give us some privacy and left the room. Onew finally got his normal breathing going. We stood there, staring at each other, awkwardly.

Onew began, "Mio, Kang Mio, it has been 7 days, huh?" he asked me, nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. I nodded. I looked at him closely,touching his wonderful jawline, "Onew oppa, you didn't shave yet. Did you get enough sleep?" He shooked his head, "No, I didn't. I couldn't. Not without you. Mio, I realize that my world actually revolves around you. You were all I was thinking about. I had hallucinations with you, everywhere I looked. I can't even sleep at night without you. I feel really lonely when I eat my meals. Mio, baby, I need you! I really need you," he said, desperately, on his knees. I began to cry out of happiness.

"So you chose me over chicken?" I asked, confirming his answer. 

"Yes, Mio, it's you not the chicken. I lost my appetite for chicken, everytime I think about you not being with me. I no longer have an obsession for chicken, you are my obsession. (yeah, i know, kinda cheesy) You belong in my life. I love you, Kang Mio," he said and grabbed me in for a kiss, I kissed him back, smiling through the kiss, him doing the same. We let go, "I love you, too, Lee Jinki. And I'm glad it was me not the chicken, or else I would've thought you were crazy." He laughed, his goofy laugh I missed so much. And he pulled me into another kiss, again. I'm glad IT'S ME not THE CHICKEN.

-THE END-

---------------------------------------------

rukia1335 here!!!

I have created another one shot for you guys out there!!! this time it has a happy ending!!!

i hoped you guys like it!!! sorry if its really long and tiring to read, i just have to be really descriptive!!!

make sure to comment on it!!! tell me if you like it or not!

and thank you for reading!

Remember: READ, SUBSCRIBE, and COMMENT!

until next time,

rukia1335 is out! anneyeong~! komowa~!