Some Things Never Change

Some things never change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do listen to Snsd Forever if you like since it goes well with this song(:

 

Sometimes, Donghae wonders how have she been doing all these while. It was his greatest regret to leave her, and to let her leave him. Has Kris been treating her well? It has been thirty years since they left each other. He couldn’t blame her for hurting him. He couldn’t blame her for leaving him. Because he left her with the deepest scar that can never be erased; because he made her fell so hard in love with him and chose to walk out of her life; because he gave up on their love because of his selfish dream to become a singer; because he chose to walk into her life and bring her to the sky but dropped her without any warning; because he chose to do it the hard way and hurt her; because he never knew how broken promises will hurt; because even after thirty years, he is still so deeply in love with her, Jessica Jung. If he was to be given another chance, will he hold on tightly to their relationship? He looked at the pair of rings chained around his neck and smiled. It was a bittersweet smile. It was enough to show that after all these years, he is still foolishly holding on to those memories that Jessica has probably been trying to shake off. Probably, since she is probably having a really blissful family with Kris. Maybe right now, she is sitting on her rocking chair in the garden with Kris standing next to her as they watched their grandchildren run around. Maybe right now, Jessica has long forgotten about his existence. Maybe she had forgotten about those fond memories that they've once created. Maybe, that is the only way to lessen the pain he had brought into her life. 

 

Flashback:

Donghae was standing by the railing on the rooftop. It has always been his favourite hide out whenever he needs a breather to escape from the mundane lessons. It was drizzling lightly and the wind was blowing strongly. It was the perfect weather to have an afternoon nap yet he is stuck in school. Donghae took this chance to close his eyes as he enjoys the wind blowing against his face. He loved how peaceful everything was but his thoughts were interrupted when he heard the rooftop door unlocking. He was obviously shocked since no one else had been there other than him. He turned to face the door that crept opened, revealing a really petite girl. 

For a nine year old girl, she was really small in size. He was sure that she was barely reaching his shoulders. Her brown hair falls nicely at her tiny waist with cute side bangs. The pink ribbon looks perfect on her. Her fox-liked eyes added a layer of charisma and her porcelain skin makes her even more like a Barbie. She was gorgeous. She blinked her eyes thrice as she saw how Donghae eyed her from head to toe. It's not that she didn't like it but it's awkward to let a stranger eye you like this. Calmly, she took a few light steps as she stood by the railing next to Donghae. Neither of them starts a conversation since the awkward silence between them was not really awkward. The irony isn't it? It was still drizzling and the wind was still blowing. 

Just then, Donghae made a sneeze. The wind was probably too strong although he was enjoying it. Seconds later, it was her turn. Even her sneeze was cute as it sounded like a slight chuckle. Indeed, Donghae finds it cute; he likes it and he smiled unknowingly. A second sneeze came from Donghae and another followed by that girl. It was almost like a chain effect coming from the two of them. Donghae turned to look at the beautiful girl next to her as he watched her sneezed again. He chuckled.

 

"Why are you laughing?" The girl broke the supposedly silence as she eyed the laughing Donghae. That didn't stop Donghae as he found her icy gaze mesmerizing. Jessica watched him laugh and a smile escaped her barbie face. He was a charming fish in her eyes. A curve was formed their lips as they turned to face the beautiful sky again.

 

“Lee Donghae imnida," he spoke up and that smile never left his face.

 

"Jessica Jung," she replied and the smile on her face had never faded.

 

It was the first time they meet; it was the first time Donghae felt his heart in his throat; it was the first time someone had put a smile on Jessica's face. The rain was still falling, and the wind was still blowing. When two strangers crossed path, some things are just meant to be; and sometimes, we begin to learn to let go of things that we used to hold so closely to our hearts. 

Donghae and Jessica became really good friends. They were inseparable. They knew that somehow and for some special reason, they had slowly stolen away each other's heart. Donghae knew that Jessica meant the whole world to him; and Jessica knew that Donghae was irreplaceable in her heart. They are always together and they have special nicknames for each other: Pabo Bada, Pretty Sica. They were known as the sweetest couple in the campus even though they are just best friends that loved each other more than a friend. However, Donghae never had the thought of making his feelings known, at least not at that point of time. He was convinced that Jessica would give him a few more years; he was convinced that Jessica will never leave him even if he did; he was convinced that taking five years to build up his singing career wouldn't be too long before he make her his. But sometimes, some things don't flow like you've expected. Because...

He left her. He left her only with a letter. He promised to be back in five years time; to come back and love her like he always did. His departure left her scraping past each day with tears that she can show to nobody. He was her everything but he left her just like that with a useless letter; empty promises. Jessica waited patiently for him even though she wished for him to just appear next to her whenever she feels lonely; she wished to wake up to Donghae smiling charmingly at her; she wished for him to be back the next morning every night. Even if these were wishful thinking, she had never stopped. Her heart was still longing for that guy who melted her heart the first time their eyes met; her mind was hoping for the guy who taught her how to love. She was longing for his return, and she thought that he would come back to her in five years time. 

For the years that he was gone, it was Kris who stood by her side. As much as she found some resemblance of Donnghae in Kris, she knew that Donghae was the one who had stolen her heart. Kris was merely a friend, a good friend who she can confide in. But nobody knew that through those years of company, Kris had fallen so hard in love with the Ice Princess. Kris knew, he was clearly aware of Jessica's undying love for Donghae but that had never stopped him from loving her the way he always did. His heart aches whenever he sees her tears that was falling for another guy; he smiles unknowingly whenever he sees her; he was willing to do anything for her, even if she was to ask for the stars in the sky. These were simply because, he loves her. 

 

"Come on Sica, can't you just accept Kris? Don't tell me you don't know who is the goddess in his heart!" Yoona said as she sat down next to Jessica while they wait for their next class to begin. 

 

"Please Yoong, we are just good friends! Kris is nice to every one!" Jessica argued back as she laid her head on the table, trying to catch a wink before the professor walks in. To be honest, she was aware of Kris feelings towards her. She was trying hard to not lead him on since she never wanted to lose him as a friend. He was someone who is so important to her; he was there for her when Donghae left her alone for some reason that she couldn't figure out even till today. As much as she wished to accept those feelings, she can't. She had given her heart to another guy since the age of nine and that guy left without returning her. 

 

“Waiting for him, right?”

 

“I’ve learned that waiting is the most difficult bit, and I want to get used to the feeling, knowing that he is with me, even when he is not by my side.” Jessica replied as she gave Yoona a smile. It was a smile that speaks so much. As her good friend, Yoona could clearly see that love in her eyes. It is that kind of love that no one can comprehend but you can feel. The only reason why her heart was still beating was for him, Lee Donghae.

 

Five years passed in the blink of an eye with Yoona and Kris by her side. However, Jessica was still waiting; Donghae had failed to keep his promise. He didn't return and there was still no news from him. Sometimes, she would go back to the place where they first met and wonder if he still remembers her and those promises he had made.

 

"Hae... Where have you been? I miss you..." She mumbled as a tear fell from her eyes. It would be a lie to say that she had never missed him; to say that she had never blamed him for not returning even though five years had passed. But the fact that she loves him so dearly, she would rather continue waiting for his return. 

 

Seven years had passed and Donghae was still nowhere to be found. Kris was still by her side with his unwavering love increasing each day. Jessica has become a famous stylist for top idols in Seoul and Kris is now a famous singer. 

 

"Sica, are you, by any chance still is waiting for him?" Kris asked the question that has been bugging him for the past two years. He knows that she is still waiting, but he wants to hear it from her. But before she can reply, a clip flashed on the large screen on the streets caught their attention. 

 

It's him, Lee Donghae. He became way more handsome through these years. Jessica was sure that the guy on the screen was him. He is now the most famous model and singer in America and he had come back to Korea to pursue his career in his native country. However, what draws her tears was the news: Famous Singer Lee Donghae is engaged with Top model of San Fransico, Goo Hara.

 

“Sica…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter