My farewell

My new destiny

I lay on the hard concrete floor watching the little flicks of the bonfires flames on the ships holding all my family just drift away from me along the east coast, just like everything has in my life. So close but yet so far.  I know that it’s a bit ummm how do I put this? Upsetting to set fire to the boat that contains your dead loved ones, but our family has a ritual. Once a family member dies the reaming family must perform a goodbye gift for them and so me and my best friend (because she’s practically family) built a boat and set fire to it since we are the fire clan and send them of on their final journey. Everyone misses them the whole village does, but not as much as I did. My father was fire clan leader and since I was his only daughter and his sons were killed in the massacre along with mother and farther, I am now the head. But I cannot rule until I know who is responsible for this massacre of murder and that’s what I’m going to find out.

I stood up and put on my black cloak since one I would be recognised if I wore my red one and two even if I wanted to I left it on the boat that was set a light, to give them a remembrance of me in their next lives. I dusted myself off and looked back one final time and put the hood up and started to walk away from my past that was now haunted. It was nightfall and the stars were coming out from the horizon and I set off towards the great oceans. The only clue I had was that the person who wrote the letter had a death sentence over his head. Either he was captured and thrown on board a flying death trap or he was the man who was hired to kill my family. Either way it said that my family were going to die in a massacre that it described once I got the letter I rode as fast as I could but was too late. Even if I could save them they would still be dead. I felt a tear going down the side of my face and wiped it away and kept walking. I couldn’t let my feelings get the better of me or I’ll break down completely . But before I left I needed to get some weapons. So I went down to my black smith shop that I own and saw Jieun (best friend) working the stall. I smiled sadly and gathered a dagger, a bow and a few arrows and the twin sword that were passed down to me by my grandfather. I feel of them reminded me of him. I took one of them half out and looked at the shinning metal. It was Belladonna dragon tooth that was moulded into a steal. I put it back in and put it on my back and walked out of the shop with the weapons hidden underneath the untraceable material that made my cloak.

I met the horizons edge and saw a few bays. I looked back on my village and walked towards a new life.

Like all flames, they die.

But they can be reborn.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey guys it's Kpoplover35 with a brand new story, now this is a teaser chapter so read, enjoy, subscribe, comment. :)