What We Are to Each Other

We're Not Lovers, But More Than Friends

T-shirt torned and covered with blood, jeans ripped off in some places, you were seated on the ambulance's back entrance with paramedics all over you, cleaning your wounds and you wincing a bit every now and then. Suddenly, a black sleek car with tinted windows pulled over and out came your co-worker that was supposed to get his head burried in a pile of paper work.

"Kris?" You questioned, but he just stared at you with blank eyes that seemed to held no emotion yet you could feel a thousand of them. He pushed through the paramedics and held your right hand and jerked you up. Stumbling a bit, he caught you in his arms as you tried to balance.

Unknown to you, while you were doing that, he was sending glares to the paramedics telling them to get lost.

"Kris? What are you doing here?" You looked over his shoulder and saw Tao - another cop - looking at the both of you with amused eyes.

Kris grunted in reply and put his left arm around your waist as he dragged you to his car.

The ride towards his house was quite, comfortable and yet a little tense. A red light stopped the car's movements. "Kris." You called out to him as he seemed to be in his own world. You put your hand on top of his and he intertwined them, holding it tightly as he kissed it over and over again and gazed at you with that same expression. Feeling a blush coating your cheeks, you unconsciously your lips and felt the hand holding yours tightened.

His face showing a little smirk.

'What's wrong with me? I mean, we're not lovers,' You thought, as he continued driving, still holding your hand.  'but we're deffinitely more than friends.'

Finally arrived, he wrapped his arm around your waist again and lead you inside, towards the couch in the living room. Sitting you down, he went to get the first aid kit. He went back and started to take things out, kneeling in front of you.

"Take off your shirt." He muttered for the first time, "W-what?" You stuttered, heat brushing your cheeks.

"Take off your bloody shirt." He growled out. Thinking that he might worry about you staining his furniture you carefully tried to remove it, but wince when moving your left shoulder. He grunted and took matters into his own hands, lifting the edge of the shirt over your head and right arm and through the left, making sure to brush his hands up the sides of your curves. Just a featherly touch, but it made you jump slightly and gasp.

He threw the blood-covered cloth towards the side, getting a few dots of red on the furniture, making you re-think your earlier thought.

"I hate it when I can't protect you," He started as he kept his left hand on your side, his thumbs lightly on the exposed skin. His right cleaning your wound. "I just - I should've - " You winced a bit since he put a little too much pressure.

He stopped and muttered a low apology - and a few strings of curses - before he proceeded in stitching and bandaging. His eyes got that far away look again and his jaw tensed, hands trembling as he tried to bandage your shoulder.

"Kris." He didn't listen, so you put your hand on top of his trembling ones to halt his movements. "What's wrong?" He didn't answer right away, only did when he finished his job. Putting his arms around you, your back lightly, he stared deep into your eyes, "You were hurt. And I'm your partner, I should've been there. I should've protected you. God - you could've died and it's all my fault - " As each second passed, his volume grew,

"It's not your fault." You cradled his face between your hands, and you could see guilt and relief in his eyes. He leaned his forehead on yours and closed his eyes, breathing in and out. He made you stand up for a bit so he could sit down and gestured for you to sit betweem his legs.

Having no problem in this, you comfortably sat. He burried his face beside your neck and inhaled deeply, pressing light kisses. You shivered a bit at the contact.

"Cold?" He whispered huskily against your ear and trailed his lips up and down your neck, earning a whispered 'yes' from you. He chuckled and unbottened his white dress shirt, leaving him with his black jeans. He covered you with it, using it as a blanket, and encircled his arms around you, under the shirt and traced circles on your bare stomach. "I'll warm you up."

You could feel his abs pressing your back and tried to stiffle a moan.

He applied more pressure to his kisses and started and nipping. Going more to the front, he found your pulse point, taking it between his teeth, biting it, it, it as he rubbed his hands at the edge of your bra. You moaned and arched your back, placing your head on his shoulder.

Groaning, he grabbed your hips and turned you around, so you're straddling him. He pressed his lips at any inch of bare skin he could come in contact with, giving fluttery kisses around your wound. You circled your arms around his neck, tangling your fingers in his hair, and leaned in to the tip of his ear, nipping it a bit. He growled and grasped your hip and grinded your hips together as you moaned in his ear.

"T-tell me something," You whispered out between gasps and shivers that he caused, he hummed against your skin and biting it a bit, trailing his hands up and down behind your back, teasing you when he come in contact with the hook of your bra. "What are we to each other?"

"You still don't get it do you?" He smirked, eyes half-lidded and just shining with affection, adoration, lust and serenity. "Idiot." He chuckled before leaning up and capturing his lips with yours. The kiss was slow and sweet, but soon turned passionate as he traced his tongue on your bottom lip and entered your mouth once you opened it. He your tongue with his and on it, pulling back so that you could breath, only to dive in again, you smiling and him smirking.

Well, I'm not sure you guys are lovers - there were no 'I love you' said -

"Damn it, I love you so much." He groaned out as he heard another moan from you, "I love you too." You whispered out.

- Okay, I take that back. You guys are deffinitely lovers.

THE END

A/N : ...Well, didn't that escalate fast. Tell me what you think :D Criticism is welcomed as long as it is constructive and helps me learn.

Again, do not copy any of my stories in any way, shape or form. Thank you.