A Year is a Long Wait

A Year is a Long Wait

That moment was the end of my life as I knew it. Who would've thought that just seeing someone would be enough to change my mind, and that meeting them would confuse my heart so nuch? I mean, the way we met was fairly normal. We worked in the same department store, just different departments.
I have always been straight, ALWAYS. Then, one day I arrived a little early for my shift and there he was. He was working in housewares, but he didnt't seem to fit in with the style of everyone else who worked here. He was... geeky? I stared for a little while. In about ten minutes he tripped four times, broke two coffee pots, crashed into a customer, and ran face-first into a display. Eventually I made my way into the breakroom and waited for my shift to start.
Glancing at the clock I took note of the fact that I still have half an hour to wait. Then the geeky-looking guy from housewares came in.
"Hello!" He chirpped.
"Hey."
"Are you new here?"
"Not really, I've been here for two months already, but I mostly just work closing shifts."
"Oh. That's neat. I'm Lee Jinki, but you can call me Onew. I've been working here for a year and a half."
"Well,Onew, I'm Choi Minho. It's nice to meet you."
he shook my hand and that was it. There was definitely something wrong with me. I felt my chest contsrict his touch sent sparks through my blood stream, what on Earth is wrong with me?
After that day we ran into each other quite often. We quickly formed an awkward friendship but the constriction in my chest kept coming back as it seemed to evolve into something I didn't understand. After a year of being friends I couldn't ignore it anymore.
"Onew... no, Jinki, will you..." I gulped. This was more difficult than I thoguh it would be, "will you go out with me?"
I couldn't read the expression on his face- probably because I was afraid of what it would say. There was total silence as he stared at me. That's when I noticed that his eyes looked wet. He slowly started to nod before I heard what I had been waiting for...
"Yes! Oh God, yes!" He hugged me.
"R-r-really?" I couldn't believe that he actually said yes!
"I have had feelings for you since I first saw you. Remember that day when I introduced myself?" I nodded my head. "I took an early break because I wanted to find out why you had been staring at me. It was at that time I fell for you, and ran into a display out of nervousness." He let out a laugh and after a stunned moment I let out a light chuckle myself.
"I guess this was meant to be then." I smiled and pulled him into a hug. After a few minutes we pulled back, I searched his eyes for a second before leaning forward. The kiss we shared in that moment made me feel stupid.
If I had been honest with myself from the start instead of wading in a pool of self-denial we could have shared this moment a year ago. "I love you, Lee Jinki."

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sorryif there's a bunch of errors or if it's really short... I typed it on my phone so that I could get used to writing texts on it.... :) Also... it seemed a lot longer on the phone... O.o THANKS FOR READING!!!!

~BaiLingLing