Secret garden

Secret garden (remake)
Sohyun woke up in an empty messy room. She took her phone and looked what time it was. She sighed and walked tiredly to the door when a man entered the messy room.
 
« When did you woke up? » Asked Sohyun.
 
« Around 8 AM » Said the man. He was not very tall, just a little taller than her, with black hair, he looked tired too. 
 
« You should have woke me up… » Groaned Sohyun.
 
He looked at her. « I was watching the internet news, like I do every day. »
 
Sohyun rolled her eyes. « I will wash up quickly. »
 
He took her hand and smiled. « Take your time, your interview isn’t until 2 PM… »
 
Sohyun made a cute face. « I’m hungry too… » He looked at her and let her go.
 
***
 
Sohyun was ready, she walked in the street looking around, the building where she had his interview was impressive. She took a big breath and walked to the glass door. She was determined, but a young woman came out of the building, a young woman that she known…
 
« Sohyun… » 
 
« What are you doing here? » Asked Sohyun irritated.  
 
She young woman looked shyly at Sohyun. « Uh…. I was awarded the new writer’s award here… »
 
Sohyun was now very irritated by the young woman. « Really? »
 
The young woman looked down before looking at Sohyun again. « And you? » She asked unsure.
 
« I’m not here for something grand like you, but I have business. »
 
The young woman nodded. « Should I wait for you? » She asked shyly.
 
« For me? » Asked Sohyun. « Why? » Seeing that the young woman didn’t answer Sohyun spoke again. « I should be nice because it’s been so long since last time we meet. But I’m not good at lying… It’s time for my appointment. Goodbye. » Said Sohyun entering the building.
 
The young woman watched her go sadly.
 
***
 
Sohyun was waiting nervously. But she really needed that job. She took a big breath again and calmed herself.
 
A man older than her saw her and looked at her with a smile. « Kwon Sohyun? » She looked at him scared. « It has been four… No, five years? »
 
Sohyun looked down and frowned. She hated that man…
 
***
 
When she storm out of the building, the young woman that she saw before was anxiously waiting for her.
 
« Sohyun, let’s go somewhere… » Said the young woman. But Sohyun ignored her and don’t stop walking. 
 
The young woman followed her. Sohyun shook with anger and stop abruptly. She turned around and walked to face the girl. « Hyuna, You and I must be enemies for life. » Said Sohyun. « That person… I mean, he’s less that a person. Are you still with him? »
 
« What do you mean? » Asked Hyuna lost.
 
« What do I mean? » Asked Sohyun irritated. « Don’t you have any shame? »
 
« I don’t know what you’re saying, let’s go somewhere to talk… There‘s a tea house around here.» Said nicely Hyuna.
 
« I’m not in the mood to drink a tea with you! » Said Sohyun angry.
 
Hyuna didn’t know what to do anymore. « Should I just leave then? »
 
Sohyun made a face. « Are you threatening me? » Hyuna sighed and looked down. « I heard that you broke up…No that you got dumped. » Said Sohyun. « Are you back together? »
 
« Sohyun, I have no idea what you’re talking about. »
 
« Eric Mun! The literature manager here. » Said Sohyun raising her voice.
 
Hyuna sighed. « I don’t know what you’re thinking, but you’re wrong… »
 
« You still have that gaze. » Said Sohyun. « It’s so fake and dirty. » She frowned.
 
Hyuna’s eyes were teary. « You said the same thing to me five years ago… »
 
« So? » Asked Sohyun trying to be as strong as she can.
 
Hyuna smiled sadly. « You haven’t changed a bit… »
 
« Are you smiling? Are you crazy? » Asked Sohyun. 
 
Some tears run on Hyuna’s face. « Sohyun. » She said taking Sohyun’s arm, but Sohyun pushed her away.
 
« Let go, you have ruined everything… You have ruined everything again! » cried Sohyun. « So don’t ever show yourself in front of me until you die. Got it?! » Then she turned around and left.
 
« Sohyun! » Hyuna called her, but Sohyun didn’t answer.
 
***
 
Hyuna was in the train, thinking about her day. She was sad, all she wanted was to talk to Sohyun, but it was impossible now. Sohyun hated her… When she arrived at her house, she put a package of sheets in envelope and wrote a letter. 
 
***
 
Sohyun was in a bar with the same guy as the morning. She was drinking and drinking. 
 
« So fake and dirty. »
 
« Who? » Asked the guy.
 
« This girl… » Said Sohyun drunk. « She always acted so sweet in front of me… »
 
« The interview didn’t go well? » Asked the guy a little lost.
 
Sohyun sighed. « I didn’t go to the interview, I just left the room. »
 
« Why? »
 
« Something just happened, don’t ask anymore. » Said Sohyun irritated.
 
She took the bottle to fill her glass, but the guy stopped her. « What made you leave the interview? »
 
« I said I don’t want to talk about it! Are you deaf? Leave if you‘re going to annoy me. » Said Sohyun angrily. Then she sighed. « I can’t even get a job… Which director should I flirt with to have a job? »
 
The guy frowned. « Stop it. »
 
« What? » Said Sohyun desperate. 
 
« Sohyun. » Said the guy. « What am I to you? »
 
« Don’t you know? » Said Sohyun. 
 
« That’s why I’m asking. »
 
« You’re familiar and comfortable, you’re sensitive too. A pretty good partner. » Explained Sohyun.
 
« Fine, got it. » Said the guy angry and sad, before leaving her.
 
***
 
Sohyun was in her little room, in her little apartment. She was sleeping in her bed, dreaming about Hyuna calling her name. But when she woke up, she realized that it was the mailman calling for her.
 
« Kwon Sohyun. I have a package for you »
 
It was from Hyuna. Sohyun sat at her desk and looked at the package, she didn’t know if she should open it or not. She sighed and finally opened the envelope. She looked at the sheets, and remembered that Hyuna was awarded the new writer’s award. Sohyun hesitated but started to read…
 
***
 
Five years ago.
 
The classroom was silent, the ventilators cooled the atmosphere and the students were studying. They were in exam, Sohyun and Hyuna were concentrated, it was important to have good grades.
 
Then Hyuna took her note book and write something but a girl behind her saw her. The teacher looked at his watch. It was time to finish. « Good job with finishing the test. »
 
Everybody was happy that it was the end. Sohyun turned her head and smiled at Hyuna.
 
Everybody left the classroom, Sohyun and Hyuna walked together. Sohyun was stressed about the exam result but she sighed and looked at Hyuna. « What should we do? » Hyuna shook her shoulders. « Karaoké? » Asked Sohyun happily.
 
Hyuna smiled at her best friend. « Let’s do whatever you want! »
 
Sohyun nodded. « I heard in front of the teacher’s room that there’s a guest literature teacher next week. » Said Sohyun exciting.
 
« Really? » Asked Hyuna sadly laughing at her friend’s attitude.
 
« I don’t expect anything else, single, over 170cm tall… » Explained Sohyun dreaming about an handsome teacher.
 
Hyuna sighed. « I got a lot of pocket money today, tell me what you want to do. » Sohyun smiled at her friend.
 
***
 
It was late, and the girls were in Hyuna’s house. Sohyun was on the couch listening to the radio and Hyuna was sitting on the floor facing a little table, she smiled looking at Sohyun. Hyuna was writing like always, when Sohyun jumped off the couch.
 
« Here it is » She unplug the headphones. The radio presenter announced their favorite song.
 
***
 
Sohyun was sleeping in the library when someone knock on her table to wake her up. She opened her eyes and looked at the man. He was so handsome… She get up really fast.
 
« Shouldn’t you have review session now? » Asked the man.
 
« The thing is… » Said Sohyun hesitating.
 
« Are you a poor student that the school had given up on, or a genius that even the principal has acknowledged? » Sohyun looked down. « You don’t look like a poor student… »
 
« The mid to late… » Said Sohyun. « By the way, who are you? »
 
He smiled. « The guest literature teacher, Eric Mun. » Sohyun was so happy, he was perfect, she couldn‘t stop smiling. « And you? »
 
« Kwon Sohyun, I’m a senior. » Said Sohyun.
 
Eric nodded. « Keep sleeping then, I know who you are now, I won’t interrupt. »
 
« It’s okay, I’m awake now! Do you plan to stay here longer? » Asked Sohyun.
 
« Why? »
 
The young girl smiled at her teacher. « I have the key to this room, I’m the captain of the literature club » She said proudly. « That means you have to leave if I do. »
 
He laughed a little. « Is that a threat? »
 
« You’re smart. » Said Sohyun smiling at him. Teacher Eric laughed at the cute girl. 
 
***
 
Everybody were in the classroom when the teacher came in with the guest teacher to introduce him to the girls. All the girls shouted for joy seeing the handsome teacher, a lot of them clapped her hands. Hyuna looked at Sohyun, her friend was so excited by the new teacher…
 
« You all complained we have no single male teacher, it’s your lucky day! » Said the old teacher smiling. « Let me introduce him. He studied literature in Seoul and will teach you during the break. He won a writer’s award. » Sohyun was totally fascinated by her teacher, Hyuna couldn’t believe that Sohyun would like him so much… « He’s very talented » Add the old teacher letting Eric talk to the girls.
 
« Hello, I’m Eric Mun. » All the girls shouted happily. Even Sohyun, she was very enthusiastic. Hyuna couldn’t understand her best friend…
 
***
 
Hyuna and Sohyun were on the roof of the school eating.
 
« I’m going to go for him. » Said Sohyun determinate. 
 
Hyuna frowned. « You only meet him once… »
 
« It was more intimate that going to 100 dates. » Hyuna sighed. « He debuted as a writer, isn’t that something? » The young girl already admired him very much. Hyuna found it hard to eat while hearing her best friend talking about the teacher… « But two months is so short… » Hyuna Sighed. « What, have you eaten already? » Asked Sohyun.
 
« I don’t feel like eating. » Answered Hyuna putting her sandwich in his packing.  
 
Sohyun looked at her best friend. « Right, it’s weird wanting to eat at time like this. Let’s go down. » Hyuna nodded and they walk to the roof door, but someone stopped them.
 
« Sohyun, I heard you are Hyuna’s private tutor lately. » Said the girl in front of theme.
 
« Why? Do you want to join her? » Asked Sohyun.
 
The girl rolled her eyes and looked at Hyuna. « You’re going to get into university by writing essays anyway. So don’t study and bring down the rest of our grades. » Said the girl ironically. 
 
Hyuna looked down. Sohyun sighed. « Jiyeon, it is that time of the month? » Asked Sohyun mocking her. Jiyeon looked at Sohyun irritated. « You’re so sensitive… »
 
Jiyeon left angrily. 
 
« Don’t worry about her. » Said Sohyun.
 
« I won’t » Smiled Hyuna.
 
***
 
They were in class self studying when the old teacher called Hyuna. Sohyun looked at her worried, but Hyuna made her understand that she didn’t know what the teacher wanted. Jiyeon had a devil smile on her face when she looked Hyuna left the classroom.
 
Hyuna was in front of her teacher. « Are you really innocent? » Asked the teacher.
 
« I didn’t cheat. » Said Hyuna sincerely.
 
The teacher nodded. « Then what did you take out from your bag? »
 
Hyuna looked at her teacher. « It was… some scribbles… »
 
« Don’t you know the rules? » Teacher Eric looked at them from his desk. « Why act suspicious? » The old teacher sighed. « I know you’re not the type to cheat, but many student saw you… » The old teacher search some evidences. Hyuna looked around and saw teacher Eric looking at her, he smiled. « Look at this… »
 
***
 
Hyuna was in her room looking at her computer. She was calling Sohyun.
 
« Don’t you want to come? To get fresh air? » Asked Hyuna on the phone.
 
« Why go to Seoul just to watch a movie? » Said Sohyun.
 
« They don’t show it here… »
 
« What’s the movie? » Asked Sohyun a little curious now.
 
« It won a Oscar, it should be good. » Said Hyuna hoping her friend would change her mind.
 
« Go alone this time. » Said Sohyun. « I’m busy trying to write up the literature register »
 
« Okay. » Said sadly Hyuna. She hang up and sighed.
 
She find herself alone at the theater, there weren‘t a lot of people. She cried a little when the cowboy realized that he loved his friend, the other cowboy. At the end, she took two little poster of the movie, thinking about the movie she just saw. Behind her, Teacher Eric saw her and came to talk to her.
 
« Did you come to Seoul to watch a movie? » Asked the man. Hyuna looked at him surprised.
 
« Hello. » She politely said.
 
He smiled. « Are  you going straight home? » 
 
She nodded « Yes. » 
 
« Same here. » He added.
 
She looked behind and saw a girl waiting for him. He saw what Hyuna was looking, and smiled. « She is just a junior from my school. »
 
Hyuna frowned a little. « I’ll go then. » She said bowing politely. Teacher Eric watched her left with a little smile.
 
***
 
Hyuna was in the train, she looked at the window, the poster of the movie were on her laps. Teacher Eric was in the same train, and walked to her. He stopped in front of her sit and cleared his voice.
 
« What a coincidence again! » He said smiling. Hyuna looked at him shocked. « Can I sit down? » He didn’t wait for an answer and sat beside Hyuna.
 
They were in a deathly silence. Teacher Eric stared at her innocent student…Then after drinking his soda he turn to Hyuna. « Applying for creative writing, right? »
 
« Yes. » Said Hyuna without looking at him.
 
He smiled again. « Do you want to ask me anything? » She shake her head uninterested by her teacher. « Do you have a boyfriend? » He asked suddenly.
 
« No. » Said Hyuna calm and dreamy like always.   
 
Teacher Eric seemed intrigued. « You’re wearing a ring so I thought… »  Hyuna touched her precious ring. « Not interested in boy? » Said the teacher curious.
 
Hyuna was still looking at the window. « No. »
 
« You will have to watch out for guys in university. » She looked down and frowned. « You have a strange charm. » He added. She looked at the window again. « I don’t think you’re aware of it. »
 
When they arrived at the station, he followed her a little. « Are you hungry? » She ignored him. « I’ll buy you dinner. What do you like? »
 
« I’m okay. » Said Hyuna trying to walk faster and call a taxi on the street.
 
***
 
Sohyun was waiting in a desert street, it was late. She smiled when the saw teacher Eric arrived. 
 
« Oh! Teacher Eric! Do you live here? » Asked Sohyun faking her surprise.
 
« Yes. » Said the teacher. « You’re… »
 
« Kwon Sohyun! »
 
« Right, Sohyun. » Said the teacher. « You live around here? » 
 
Sohyun made a face. « Not my house… I visited a relative. » She said smiling.
 
« I see » He smiled at her. « Have you had dinner? » She nodded then said that she didn’t.  He smiled. « Want some chicken then? » She nodded.
 
He took her in her appartment, she couldn’t stop smiling, she looked at everything. The teacher were in the kitchen, she looked at the table and saw the beer in front of Eric seat. She smiled and took the beer, she drank a little and made a face at the discusting taste of alcohol. 
Eric came back and sat, he took his beer and drank. Sohyun couldn’t stop her smile. It was an indirect kiss…
 
He looked at her and laughed. « What is it? »
 
« It’s nothing » She said shyly. 
 
They laughed a little then Eric became serious and looked at her. « Don’t tell anyone you were here. »
 
She nodded. « Of course I won’t, the other girls would kill me if they found out! You‘re so popular at school. »
 
« What an honor. » They laughed.
 
***
 
That night, Hyuna received a call from Sohyun, she was so exciting, she tell her best friend how she ate with teacher Eric.
 
« He took me to the bus stop, my heart was pounding! »
 
« Sohyun. » Said Hyuna on the phone. « What if your grades fall? »
 
« Don’t worry about that, don’t you trust me? » Said Sohyun. 
 
« I know but still…You’re so naïve. » Said Hyuna upset about the teacher.
 
« You’re calling me naïve? Don’t worry, I’ll make sure you don’t have to worry. I’m hanging up! »
 
Hyuna thought about teacher Eric. How he flirt with every girls, the one at the theater, herself and now Sohyun…She was about to cry…
 
***
 
They were at school, it was physical education. Sohyun was tired. « Fitness? Do we really have to do that? » groaned Sohyun.
 
« Just wait a little longer. » Said Hyuna.
 
« Why? » Asked Sohyun.
 
« I’m going to pass out soon. » Said Hyuna not running as fast as before.
 
« What? » Said Sohyun surprised. Then Hyuna passed out. Sohyun caught her before she fell on the floor. « Hey! Hyuna! Hyuna! »
 
***
 
Sohyun was on her bike, and Hyuna sat behind her on the carrier.
 
« Thanks. » Said Sohyun. « I was able to cut class today, thanks to you. »
 
« Sohyun. »
 
« Humm? » Said Sohyun enjoying her freedom and the fresh air. 
 
« I passed out on purpose earlier. » Confessed Hyuna.
 
Sohyun stopped her bike. « What?! »
 
Hyuna smiled. « I wore two tight girdles to make myself pass out. »
 
« Why? » Asked Sohyun shocked.
 
« I have to go somewhere with you today. » Said Hyuna happy.
 
Sohyun started to pedal again. Hyuna hang on Sohyun, and they roll in the countryside. They arrived at the bottom of a hill. Sohyun pushed her bike and Hyuna walked behind her.
 
« Wow! » Said Sohyun. « I didn’t think I would be able to come here today, but thanks to you. » When she turned around, Hyuna took a picture with her Polaroid and started singing her a happy birthday.
 
Sohyun looked at her. « Hyuna-ah… »
 
« I bet you even forgot your own birthday. » Said Hyuna looking at her best friend. « we’re supposed to come here every years. »
 
« I know. » Smiled Sohyun. 
 
« How could you forget your own birthday? » Asked Hyuna.
 
Sohyun sighed. « It’s the chiness calander so it change every year…No one keeps track either… » Explained Sohyun crying a little. « But I’m happy you celebrate my birthday with me every year.
 
 The two girls were sitting on a blanket relaxating.
 
« After the break, we will apply for university and take the exams. » Said Hyuna.
 
« I’m happy just thinking about it! You too right? » Asked Sohyun pressed to see how her life in college will be.
 
« I think I may be a little sad… » Said Hyuna.
 
« About what? » Asked Sohyun.
 
« I don’t know…We have to say goodbye when we go to college… » Explained Hyuna.
 
Sohyun smiled. « We can both go to Seoul! If not, we can meet up during vacation. Right! We promised to come here every summer »
 
Hyuna nodded, not really believed that it will be like that if they left high school.
 
***
 
Sohyun was on the couch in Hyuna house, Hyuna put the picture of Sohyun with the other on her desk. 
 
« I wish every day was like this! » Sighed Sohyun.
 
« You look so pretty on the photos. » Said Hyuna not listening at her friend’s complains.
 
« Doesn’t my face look really big? » Asked Sohyun.
 
Hyuna smiled and looked at Sohyun. « Not a all. »
 
« You’re just saying that because you’re my friend. » Groaned Sohyun. « I’m getting so fat now that’s our last year… »
 
« Want any fruit or tea? » Asked Hyuna nicely.
 
Sohyun sighed. « No my blouse will burst if I eat any more. It‘s so small now it feel like a baby shirt. »
 
Hyuna frowned. « Don’t you have any spare blouses? »
 
« I got two when we started school, I didn’t think I would get fat. » Said Sohyun.
 
Hyuna smiled. « I’m glad then. » Sohyun looked at her in surprise. Hyuna opened one of her drawer and took a blouse. « try it on. » Said Hyuna giving it to Sohyun. « I bought a new one, it’s to big. I was going to exchange it. » Explained Hyuna.
 
« Forget it. » Said Sohyun.
 
« Think of it as a birthday present. »
 
Sohyun took the blouse. « A birthday song and meal… you’re giving me to many gifts. » 
 
Hyuna smiled. « It’s good to get a lot of gifts. »
 
« That’s true… » Confessed Sohyun. « Hyuna, don’t you get upset giving away your things?… I’m very bad at that… Maybe it’s because I’m poor. » laughed Sohyun.
 
Hyuna looked at Sohyun. « I’m only generous when it comes to you »
 
Hyuna goes down with Sohyun, but Hyuna didn’t want her friend to leave.
 
« Sleep over. » Said Hyuna.
 
« You said your dad’s coming. » 
 
« He will come late and leave early in the morning. You won‘t run into him, he won‘t say anything. » Explained Hyuna.
 
Sohyun smiled. « That’s not the reason why I’ll sleep at home today. »
 
« Want me to come with you? » asked Hyuna, she really wanted to stay with Sohyun.
 
« Stop it. » Said Sohyun. « Your dad will get mad at you! … I want to think by myself about my birthday. Go inside. » Smiled Sohyun riding her bike.
 
« After you go… » Said Hyuna.
 
« All right I’m going then. »
 
« Sohyun… »  Sohyun looked at her. « That man. Do you think he’s a good person? »
 
« Who? »
 
« The literature teacher. »
 
« Are you worried about him? » Asked Sohyun.
 
« It’s an important time for us right now… » Said Hyuna.
 
« Don’t worry, I’m lucky when it comes to friends. That’s why I met you. I’m sure he’s a good person too. You should take favor on him. » Explained Sohyun. « Go inside. I‘m going. »
 
« Okay. » Said Hyuna watching her friend left with teary eyes.
 
***
 
Jiyeon were in the teacher room, with the old teacher.
 
« Just let it pass Jiyeon… » Said nicely the teacher. « You’re all in your senior year »
 
« But I’m not the only one who saw her cheat, and you‘re just going to let it go? » Asked Jiyeon.
 
The teacher sighed. « I don’t think she cheated, she said it was scribble… We all know that Hyuna likes to write.»
 
« So believe her and not me? » Said Jiyeon frowning.
 
« That’s not true. » Said the old teacher irritated by the situation.
 
« Then what? »
 
« Given the circumstances I don’t think that she cheated… Sohyun was so mad! She said that Hyuna studies with her and that it would never happen. » Explained the teacher. Sohyun was one of the best students in this school.
 
« I see so it was Sohyun. » Said Jiyeon. « Sohyun said that so you don’t trust me?»
 
The teacher was now angry. « Jiyeon! I heard that you’re up on the roof a lot. »
 
Jiyeon looked guilty. The teacher insinuated that he know about her smoking on the roof…So Jiyeon stopped arguing with him.
 
***
 
Jiyeon caught Hyuna in the stairs. « Did you tell him about the roof? »
 
« What do you mean? » Asked Hyuna.
 
 « How can you look at me with such an innocent face? » Hyuna didn’t say anything. « Did you know I was the one who talked about you cheating in class then? »
 
« I know about that… » Said Hyuna calmly.
 
« You’re good at pretending you don’t know anything. » Said Jiyeon.
 
« Is that all you have to say? » Asked Hyuna.
 
Jiyeon frowned. « You know I want to get into a reputed college. You know that and you rat on me. » Explained Jiyeon sure it was Hyuna who tell the teacher about her going a lot on the roof.
 
« I have no idea what you mean. » Said Hyuna defending herself. « I’m going. » She said a little angry at Jiyeon. But Jiyeon won’t her let go and caught her by the arm.
 
« Let’s see how long Sohyun can protect you… » Hyuna freed her arm and left the angry Jiyeon.
 
***
 
Sohyun and Hyuna were in the streets, close to Eric house, it was the night. Sohyun was reading. Then she closed her book and talked. « It was quite naughty for is first work, but good. » Said Sohyun talking about the book their young teacher write. « Read it later. » Said Sohyun excited.
 
Hyuna sighed. « I don’t think he’s coming, can’t you just ask him at school? »
 
« We’ve been waiting for so long, let’s wait util 12. » Asked Sohyun pouting.
 
« I don‘t kn- » 
 
« Teacher Eric! » Cut Sohyun, walking to her teacher. Hyuna rolled her eyes and followed her best friend…
 
« Were you at a relative’s house again? » Asked teacher Eric.
 
Sohyun smiled. « No, I was waiting for you. »
 
« Really? » He looked at Hyuna. « Come inside then. »
 
« No » Said Sohyun smiling. « I want your autograph. » She added giving the book to the teacher.
 
He looked at the book. « Wow, this… » He laughed. « How did you get this? »
 
« It wasn’t easy. » Smiled Sohyun.
 
Eric signed the book. « I feel so embarrassed. I wrote this when I was immature. »
 
« It was enjoyable. » Said Sohyun, not leaving her eyes from her teacher. Hyuna looked at her friend, hypnotized by the young men.
 
« I’m glad… Did you wait for me just for my autograph? »  He asked. « Why just ask me at school? »
 
« There will be trouble if I do that. » Said Sohyun thinking about the others girls jalousy. 
 
« Let’s go, it’s late. I’ll take you home. » Said Eric.
 
Sohyun smiled. « It’s okay, Hyuna is here with me. »
 
« Do you two live close by? » Asked the teacher.
 
« Yes, I guess you could say that. » Answered Sohyun looking at her friend.
 
Hyuna looked down. Eric looked at her. « Hyuna, will you be all right? »
 
« Yes. » Said Hyuna looking nervious. She looked at Sohyun. « Let’s go Sohyun. »
 
« Okay. » Said Sohyun. « See you on Monday. » She said to Eric.
 
« All right. » He looked at the girls left. « Be careful getting home. » Eric watched the girls. Sohyun took Hyuna by the arm.
 
***
 
Some students were in the library.
 
« You are in your final year. So you don’t have much time, but you were in the literature club. You should write in the yearbook. » Said Teacher Eric. « Who think it’s to much work? » 
 
« Of course we should write it. » Said Sohyun proudly. Jiyeon looked angrily at her.
 
« Do you all agree? » Asked Eric.
 
« Yes. » Answered tha students.
 
Eric seemed satisfied. « Okay, everyone write a piece by next week. » Sohyun nodded. « We’ll pick one  together from here… You don‘t have to do one if you don‘t want to.» He added looking at Hyuna. « It’s  your choice. »
 
***
 
Sohuun and Hyuna were on the roof. « I can’t think of anything to write. » Complained Sohyun. « I need to apeal to him. »
 
« Write whatever. » Said Hyuna thinking.
 
« You have any ideas? » Asked Sohyun.
 
Hyuna looked at Sohyun. « I not going to write »
 
« What? »
 
« He said it’s up to  us. » Explained Hyuna.
 
Sohyun smiled. « Hyuna-ah! »
 
« Yes? » 
 
« Can you help me out? Write it for me? » Asked Sohyun.
 
« No… » Said Hyuna looking at the horizon.
 
Sohyun pouted. « No? » Hyuna bit her lips. « Hyuna, when  have I asked you a favor? » 
 
« It’s not that I don’t want to… » Explained Hyuna.
 
« He write novel… » Said Sohyun.  « He’ll like like girls who write well and are sensitive. »
 
« Do you think so? » asked Hyuna.
 
« Hyuna-ah! » Pouted Sohyun.
 
« You like to write too, you’re good at it. » Said Hyuna complimenting her best friend.
 
Sohyun sighed. « I do like it, and I’m good at it but you’re a lot better. »
 
Hyuna sighed too.
 
***
 
Sohyun and Hyuna were in Hyuna house. Sohyun was on the couch, facing the celling while Hyuna was writing on her desk.
 
« Hyuna… Don’t make it to good, the other girls will be suspicious. » Hyuna sighed. « Will he wait for me? » Asked Sohyun talking again en again about teacher Eric. « I only have a year left, he can wait that long right? » Sohyun smiled. « I wish I can kiss him before then… » Hyuna rolled her eyes. « What will it feel like? » Then Sohyun smiled, she had an idea. « Hyuna-ah! » Hyuna was more and more depressed because of this situation. She was tired to see her best friend drooling over that man. 
 
« Want to practice? » Asked Sohyun with a malicious smile.
 
« Practice what? » Asked Hyuna who didn’t understand what her friend wanted.
 
Sohyun sat beside Hyuna. « Kissing… »
 
Hyuna eyes grew wider, she swallowed hard. « N-no. » She stuttered. 
 
« Why not? » Asked Sohyun. « Because I’m not a boy? You don‘t want to have your first kiss with me?» Hyuna feel bad, she stood up, this situation was to much for her, and her feelings. « Hyuna, where are you going? »
 
« The bathroom. » Just said Hyuna.
 
« Did I go overboard? » Sohyun asked herself. 
 
***
 
Eric show a sheet. « Who wrote this one? » He asked. Sohyun smiled raising her hand. Jiyeon looked furious. « Everyone said it was the best, so let’s chose Sohyun’s one. » Sohyun looked at Hyuna, but she was looking down. « it’s not as deep as I expected. » Said the teacher. « But you did a great job. » Sohyun nodded. « Sorry, but it’s time to return to your regular classroom. » Said teacher Eric. Everybody started tidy up their things, but Eric stopped at Sohyun table. « And Hyuna, can I see you for a minute? »
 
Hyuna seemed surprise, she looked at Sohyun.
 
***
 
Hyuna was alone with teacher Eric in the library. It was silent. He looked at her, caressing his chin. « You wrote Sohyun’s piece right? »
 
« No » Hesitated Hyuna.
 
« Really? » Asked Eric.
 
« Yes. » 
 
« I read your work from first and second year in the school magazine. » said Eric.
 
Hyuna swallowed hard, then she looked at the teacher. « So? »
 
Eric smiled « It’s your style of writing. »
 
Hyuna looked down. « Our writing could look similar. »
 
Teacher Eric laughed. « You like Sohyun, don‘t you? »  Hyuna blinked. « A lot. » Added the teacher. Hyuna was about to cry. « Am I wrong? » Hyuna didn’t answered. Eric smiled. « It’s more than just like, isn‘t it? »
 
Hyuna left abruptly. Eric looked at her left and smiled. He found out why the girl wasn’t into him like the others…
 
***
 
Hyuna was in her bad, she couldn’t sleep, she thought about what said the teacher.  She wanted to cry. He had found out her secret… Now she was afraid…
 
***
 
The day after, Sohyun and Hyuna were in the bathroom at school, Sohyun was very sick, and her eyes were a little red. « He didn’t know, right? » Asked Sohyun.
 
Hyuna lied. « I told you, he takled to me because I didn’t write a piece. » 
 
Sohyun find herself relieved. « Good, that’s our secret util the death. » Then she added. « No, you can tell him after we get married and have two kids. » Sohyun was smiling again.
 
« I’m going out. » Said Hyuna irritated.
 
« If the teacher look for me, tell him I have a stomachache. » Said Sohyun, not ready to left the bathroom, she was so sick.
 
Hyuna left, and didn’t see Jiyeon who was hiden in the bathroom too and had listened to everything they said.
 
***
 
Sohyun felt better, and goes to class. Teacher Eric was reading a book. Sohyun had her eyes closed, she listened to her favorit teacher’s voice. Hyuna beside her was looking at the window.
While he was reading, he looked at Hyuna, and Jiyeon frowned. Her eyes grow wide at the teacher intance look on Hyuna who wasn’t paying attention to him.
Jiyeon frowned again, thinking about the teacher and Hyuna…
 
***
 
« Sohyun? » said the old teacher siting beside Sohyun on the big stairs in front of the school. « Here. » He gave her a orange jus can.
 
« Thank you. » She sais looking down.
 
« Your grades have dropped… » He said calmly to her. Sohyun sighed. « Are the rumors true? »
 
« What rumors? » Asked Sohyun serious. 
 
« You like teacher Eric. » Sohyun looked guilty. « I heard you even go to his house. »
 
« That’s nonsense! » Said Sohyun trying to defend herself.
 
The old teacher sighed. « I know, I trust you. »
 
« But… What do my grades have to do with my feelings for someone? » Asked Sohyun. « I didn’t feel that well the day we took exams. » 
 
« I know, it happens. » Said the old teacher. « But we all have high expectations of you. »
 
« I know, I’m going to get into a top university »
 
***
 
Sohyun was in class, she write something on her text book and tears out the page, she folded it and gave it to hyuna beside her.
 
Hyuna took it and read it. ‘Did you tell our teacher that I went to teacher Eric’s house?’ Sohyun looked angry at her best friend. 
 
Hyuna took her pencil and write an answer. ‘it wasn’t me, how could you think it was me?’
 
***
 
Sohyun was at her house, she took her phone and masseged Hyuna. ‘you’re the only one who know, the only one’
 
When Hyuna saw the message from her friend, she was angry, how could her best friend don’t trust her, there were friend for a long time. She took out the batery and put her phone away. Like that, she couldn’t see Sohyun send her angrily messages. Hyuna turned in her bed, and started crying.
 
***
 
Hyuna was out, she wanted to buy clothes, she found what she wanted, but on the street in front of the store she found teacher Eric waiting for her.
 
He smiled at her. « I’ve bumped into you again. I guess this town is relly small. » Hyuna sighed. « I called your house, they said you went here shopping. » Explained teaher Eric.
 
Everytime she saw him hyuna wanted to cry.
 
Jiyeon was out today too. She was on the phone « It’s so hot today… » Then she spotted Hyuna and Eric on the street. « Hey, I’ll call you back. » She hang up and watched the two talking.
 
Hyuna tried to go away, but he followed her. He walked beside her. Jiyeon smiled, this was very interesting for her.
 
Teacher Eric and Hyuna were in a bar, at a table, it was empty. He drank a little and looked at hyuna. « You know right? »
 
« Know what? » Asked Hyuna.
 
« I’m interested in you. » Confessed Eric. Hyuna frowned. « You like movies right? » Hyuna didn’t answered. « I was going to take you straight to the movie teather, but it’s probably your first time watching a movie with a man. » Hyuna clenched her fits. She couldn’t say no to him…
 
He took her in the movie teather, it was late now. Hyuna didn’t want to entered with him, but he took her arm and pulled her with him. Jiyeon looked at them entering the teather…
 
Hyuna was blank, she walked with her empty look in the street. The thought about what Eric said…
 
« Answer my call from now on if you want to protect Sohyun. She‘s smart, but really naïve.» 
 
Hyuna walked without knowing were she was going, she was stuck in this situation, and couldn’t do anything…
 
« Tell your parents I’m teaching you to write essaie when we meet. »
 
Hyuna was about to cry, she bumped into a woman and her bag fell, she didn’t even look at her, she just stand here with her empty look looking at the thing she buy today… 
 
She walked to Sohyun house and knocked, it was late.
 
« Who it is? » asked Sohyun behind the door. Hyuna couldn’t talk. « Who it is? » Asked again Sohyun. 
 
Then Hyuna swallowed hard and said. « It’s me… »
 
« Wait. » Said coldly Sohyun behind the door. Hyuna didn’t wait, the put the bag in front of the door and left quickly in the stairs.
 
Sohyun finaly opened the door and found the bag. The looked inside. And opened the little letter, she read the words on the pink heart. ‘I felt bad when I saw you wering an old skirt with your new blouse. Make sure you look pretty in it.’
 
Sohyun felt bad about how the talked to her best friend and put the box in the bag, she went down the strairs quickly.
 
« Hyuna-ah! » Shout Sohyun. « Kim Hyuna! » Hyuna finaly stop and turn around, she was at the other end of the street. « I was a fool in love! I don‘t know what came over me. Forget what I said yesterday! » Said Sohyun very loud to make sure Hyuna heard her. She show Hyuna the bag. « I will wear it everyday util it tears out! » Hyuna waved at her. « She look so kind, even from behind. » Said Sohyun smiling. She was happy to speak to her best friend again.
 
***
 
Hyuna was in her room, she couldn’t sleep. Everything that happened with Eric and Sohyun was to much…She was afraid to do something big. She was so angry and hurt. She put all her scissor and other things in her drawer. She close it with the key and opened the window, she was about to throw the key but she couldn’t do it…
 
***
 
It was the morning, Hyuna walked to school, she had very short hair. Like a boy… Her eyes were swollen because the cried to much last night. She walked into the class with her empty look. 
 
Every girls who where in the classroom were shocked by her new look.
 
***
 
Sohyun were on the roof with Jiyeon…
 
« No way! » Said Sohyun. « You’re lying! »
 
« Want a cigarette? » Asked Jiyeon proud of herself.
 
Sohyun bit her lips. « If you saw wrong, I might end up killing you. »
 
« I know how scared you are. I saw them when they went in and came out. I guess men are important… How many time you and Hyuna have been best friends? »  Sohyun was furious. « I know she would do something like this. She seems like the type.»
 
Sohyun run to her classroom to find Hyuna, she wanted Hyuna to tell her it wasn’t true…
 
She entered the class and saw Hyuna from behind, she walked to her and faced her. Hyuna was crying. 
 
« What’s with your hair? » Asked Sohyun. Hyuna just looked down. « I heard something ridiculous right now. It’s not true right? » Hyuna didn’t answer. « Don’t just sit here, answer me. Say it’s not true. » Sohyun was looking at Hyuna, but Hyuna was just looking blankly, with tears in her eyes. « Hyuna… can’t you see that everyone is gossiping? » Sohyun looked around and looked at Hyuna again.
 
Hyuna let her tears fell. « Sohyun… »
 
« Tell me it’s not true! » Said Sohyun sad and angry. Hyuna couldn’t tell anything. « Hyuna, you… Are you telling me to believe it? » Sohyun explosed. « How can  I believe it?! » Shouted Sohyun.
 
Hyuna panicked, she took Sohyun’s hand. « Sohyun… »
 
« Let go! » Said Sohyun pushing Hyuna away. « You’re so fake and dirty » said Sohyun before leaving the classroom. « That dirty . » Said Sohyun very angry, she was now crying, her best friend was going out with their teacher, the one that Sohyun was in love…
 
Hyuna stayed in class, tears falling down her face.
 
That night, Hyuna was in the street under the rain, looking at Sohyun window, hoping her friend would forgive her, but Sohyun would never forgive her, and she would never love her either…
 
***
 
Sohyun closed the sheets. Tears in her eyes. She stayed here, on her desk. She thought about Hyuna, and about what happened, she lerned a lot of things about her friend. She didn’t know that Hyuna was in love with her… She thought that Hyuna loved Eric just like her… How can that man separate them, Hyuna was her best friend, she was always so nice to her, she loved her, and her she just pushed her away, hurting her a lot…
 
***
 
Sohyun was in the train, she tried to find Hyuna, but she wasn’t anywhere. Her aunt who lived with her said that she left, and that she was very weird. So Sohyun decided to come back in her childhood city. She asked herself if Hyuna would forgive her one day. She realized that Hyuna did everything to protect her. How can the didn’t saw this. How could she didn’t feel the love Hyuna was giving her? She was so blind, she thought the loved that man, that player…
 
Sohyun arrived at her old high school, she looked at the big stairs. She sat on them, just like when she was young.
 
« Kwon Sohyun. » Said a voice. Sohyun turned and looked at the girl. It was Jiyeon.
 
They sat together. « It’s been a long time. I’m glad to see you, you never came back. » Said Jiyeon. Sohyun shook her head. « Hyuna came back yesterday… »
 
« I saw her two days ago. » Said Sohyun.
 
« I know that she came back home time to time and goes on this hill, but she never came to meet us. I heard that she was awarded a new writers award » Said Jiyeon « I think you’re the only one who saw her recently. »
 
« I see. » Said Sohyun. She couldn’t stop thinking about Hyuna. She realized that the girls was very important for her.
 
***
 
Sohyun walked till Hyuna’s house. She knock, but the door was open. She entered and find Hyuna asleep on her bed. She remembered the room. The couch, and the desk, she passed so much time with her here. Everything was the same in the room. 
 
She looked at the pictures, the one Hyuna took for Sohyun birthday every years. She smiled at the the picture of her and Hyuna. Then she looked at the new picture, each pictures were empty, it was just the hill with the tree. Sohyun let some tears fell down on her face. Every years, Hyuna came to the hill for Sohyun’s birthday like the promised.
 
Sohyun walked to the desk, the picture of her and Hyuna was still here. Then she found a letter. A letter that Hyuna write, but didn’t put in the envelope for Sohyun. She didn’t had the courage to give Sohyun the letter.
 
Sohyun started to read it. Hyuna let out her feelings. Her feelings for her best friend. For the girl she never stopped loving. She talked about her regrets. She talked about ending her life. Sohyun couldn’t believe this. Hyuna wanted to die. Sohyun couldn’t loose her again, not after this. Now the was ready, she wanted Hyuna to love her again, and she wanted to love Hyuna too. She couldn’t loose her…  
 
Sohyun shook her head and sat beside the sleeping Hyuna, she took her hand. Hyuna was still wearing this ring, it was the ring Sohyun gave her.
Hyuna opened her eyes at the feeling of someone touching her hand. It was a little dark and Hyuna didn’t see who as here.
 
« Who are you, and who let you in? » Asked Hyuna afraid.
 
« It’s me… » Said Sohyun.
 
Hyuna stopped panicking. « What are you doing here? You said that you didn‘t want to see me until I die…»
 
« I came for you Hyuna-ah. » Said Sohyun. « I’m so sorry, I hurt you so much! » Said Sohyun crying. « I was hating you, but it was you who should hating me. I was an horrible friend to you, I was an horrible person. »
 
Hyuna bit her lips. « It wasn’t just you… We made mistakes. » She said hugging Sohyun.
 
« Yeah but you loved me and I just… » Sohyun hugging her back.
 
« It’s okay. » Said Hyuna.
 
Sohyun wipped her tears apart. « Don’t you dare kill yourself. » Said Sohyun seriously. « I can’t loose you again. You understand? » Hyuna looked down. « I’m serious Hyuna. » Hyuna nodded. « I’m sorry, I was young and stupid, I was blind, I’m so sorry Hyuna… When we meet, I should have tell you that you did well, that I was proud of you… You were right, I’m so naïve. » Explained Sohyun.
 
« It’s okay… we need a second chance to be friend again. » Said Hyuna. « Were not immature anymore, we won’t do the same mistakes. »
 
« I don’t want to be your friend… » Said Sohyun looking at Hyuna in the eyes, then bent to kiss her. Hyuna let her do. It was the first time they kissed.
 
« Now I know how a real kiss feel… » Confessed Sohyun. « I never really loved someone till now… »
 
« I waited for that kiss since so long. » Said Hyuna kissing Sohyun again.
 
FIN