Wanted

Wanted

It feels good to feel wanted again.

It’s a sappy thought, Junhong’s perfectly aware, but when he’s lying in bed next to Yongguk, with the older man’s arms wrapped protectively around his waist, after a week of no interaction outside of what was required for their job, Junhong feels more content than he has in a long time.

He still doesn’t know what exactly it was that caused Yongguk to unceremoniously cut all ties with him, but it’s not like that was the only strange thing Yongguk did that week, so Junhong’s pretty sure it was an external force and not something that he caused – perhaps he was disheartened by the less-than-ideal first-week reception of their newest album? Whatever it was, Yongguk seems to have snapped out of it, and this has been the case since he cornered Junhong after their press conference in Singapore – a day ahead of the concert they had there, the last official show of their Live on Earth tour before the two encore concerts in Seoul – pulled him into the nearest unlocked room and kissed him, long and wet and full on the lips. It was no coincidence the two were caught sitting together and smiling in the airport after the return flight home.

“Jello?” Yongguk murmurs, his rough voice interrupting Junhong’s thoughts.

Junhong turns to face him. “Hmm?”

Yongguk’s eyes stay shut, but his hand lifts up to play with Junhong’s rose-colored curls – the after-effects of the knotted “popcorn style” he and the hairstylists decided on for the current round of promotions. Junhong doesn’t really care for the curls, if he’s completely honest, but Yongguk loves to play with them, so he doesn’t complain. “I’m sorry for being so weird and distant last week.”

“It’s alright, hyung,” Junhong breathes out. His eyes flutter shut as Yongguk’s fingers softly begin massaging his scalp. “We all have our off days; no need to apologize.”

Yongguk sighs. “I know. But I was being a real ty leader for no good reason, and there’s no excuse for that.”

Junhong snuggles closer in his embrace, pressing a delicate kiss to Yongguk’s jawline. “I forgive you,” he mumbles.

It’s silent for a few moments, and Junhong can just feel his body beginning to drift to sleep when Yongguk’s voice pipes up again.

“Junhonggie?”

Junhong’s too tired to even lift his eyes. “Hmm?”

“I love you.”

The corners of his lips pull up into a small smile. “I love you too, Yonggukie-hyung. I love you a lot.”

Yongguk holds him tighter to his body, pressing his lips to the top of his head in a chaste kiss. “Good. ‘Cause I don’t know what I would do without you.”

It is sappy, but it’s true. It feels good to feel wanted again, especially by the one person you love more than anything else.