Moving- Baekhyun

Whims and Passions

Baekhyun couldn't breathe. His lungs felt like something was lodged in between them and he beat his chest with his own fist a few times in his desparation to knock the feeling loose. He squeezed his eyes shut, forcing a few deep breaths. His body was so tense that he could feel his joints starting to protest.

He had to do something.

He jumped up from sitting against his dresser, then turned and stared at it contemplatingly for a few good minutes until he marched to his bedside table and dragged it to the other side of the room. The dresser went next- taking the bedside table's place and giving him enough room to squeeze his bed into a new location. He had to work between the two, going back and forth until he could manage to get them past each other and into their respectful places.

Bookshelf behind his headboard now. Books reorganized so that his favorites were displayed in the shelves that were showing above the metal frame and the ones he hated were hidden in a new stack under his bed. Or were those the ones that were his favorites?

Took down his mirror that was above where the dresser was. Now it's above where the bed is now, except horizontal.

New room. New order. New era.

He threw himself down on his bed, panting from the exercise but happy with the ways things were now.

His bed was more comfortable anyways.


Ahhh, unintentional symbolism. I bet this is how the classic authors felt.